ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Hi Everyone,

My name is upadhi. We had applied for ENS 121(DRC) in Sep 2011. I am currently onshore, i.e. in australia.

My MA has informed me that the CO has advised to us to make plans to travel overseas so that the visa application can be finalised asap.

I provided the travel dates to the MA, which were then presented to the CO, and in response the CO said that he is happy with the travel arrangement. The CO also mentioned that he should be informed when we leave the country.

My questions is shouldn't we be given a pre-grant letter ??? Should we be concerned that CO has not given us a pre-grant letter??

Is it normal to not to receive pre-grant letter even though it is an offshore application and the application is onshore??

Is it okay to take CO's word and make travel plans because they do cost money (LOL)

Looking for a response from everyone. :-)

Thanks in advance

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xiaoweih

It has been two weeks since the nomination was sent to DIAC. No acknowledgement, no payment deduction. Does anyone know what happened ?

Guest laustrale
Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011

Hi Jank,

We just had a positive reply on our nomination which was handed out to immigration on 19th of April 2011.... So it took them almost 10 months to get back to us... Yes they sure assign a case officer within 4 weeks from you paying the fee but then you might not hear from them for a very long time... I know it is hard but my advice is try not to think about it and get on with your life until you get an answer because if you do like us and wonder everyday if you are going to get an answer time might seem really long...

all the best anyway.

Guest xiaoweih

Don't you guys worry about the time elapse during your waiting for the approval? For 856, my lawyer told me that the minimum requirement of 3-year contract is that the contract time need to be at least 3 years when the visa is granted. I have been working on this contract now. If it takes months to process, the contract time will be less than 3 year when making decision by a CO.

Hi Jank,

We just had a positive reply on our nomination which was handed out to immigration on 19th of April 2011.... So it took them almost 10 months to get back to us... Yes they sure assign a case officer within 4 weeks from you paying the fee but then you might not hear from them for a very long time... I know it is hard but my advice is try not to think about it and get on with your life until you get an answer because if you do like us and wonder everyday if you are going to get an answer time might seem really long...

all the best anyway.

Is this meant for me?

Did you apply for the 856 visa and did you get a similar letter with a 4 week / 8 week case officer assignment?

Guest ymxiong
Don't you guys worry about the time elapse during your waiting for the approval? For 856, my lawyer told me that the minimum requirement of 3-year contract is that the contract time need to be at least 3 years when the visa is granted. I have been working on this contract now. If it takes months to process, the contract time will be less than 3 year when making decision by a CO.

Is it right? So you must sign a 4-year contract at least.

Guest mostaf854
It has been two weeks since the nomination was sent to DIAC. No acknowledgement, no payment deduction. Does anyone know what happened ?

I lodged the nomination application late January by post! It has been a month and I have not even received an acknowledgment!

Guest Jemma84
Hi Jemma, any news regarding your application?

I am still waiting. :)

Mick

Hi Mick,

Hope you are well ... nope nothing yet ... still waiting patiently! Trying not to think about it and just getting on with things but its hard!

Jem

Guest xiaoweih

Hi Mostaf,

It seems that you trapped into the same situation with me. Were you lodge a DRC? I am wandering if this is simply because the DIAC doesn't have enough staffs to deal with DRCs.

Cheers,

Hello everyone,

My MA recently lodged a DRC with sydney office on 09/01/2012. No CO yet.

She is advised that due to the proposed changes in the removal of LAFHA, the DIAC have received an influx of applications which is probably resulting in a backlog of applications to be allocated.

My application is moved to Melbourne office for some reason. I wasnt given a reason why it was moved.

Below is part of email they sent to me.

Please quote the below reference id and for further updates to your application please email vic.pse@immi.gov.au (you're application has been referred to our Melbourne office for processing).

Cheers

Guest mostaf854
Hi Mostaf,

It seems that you trapped into the same situation with me. Were you lodge a DRC? I am wandering if this is simply because the DIAC doesn't have enough staffs to deal with DRCs.

Cheers,

Hi, No I am non DCR but just was informed that my application might not have been sent! My employer is having some contradictions in what he is saying about the date he said he has sent the application. So I am guessing due to the busy time he had, he didn't have a chance to complete and post the application! It's so frustrating! Although the 2 years on 457 is not completed yet and it's not a big deal for me, because I had to wait for another 3 months before completion of 2 years to lodge the 856 visa application anyway, I am just thinking what is the best option to go ahead with.

He is saying that he has sent the application a month ago. When I asked him to provide the tracking number so I can chase it up with post office he said there is no tracking number as he sent it through regular post!!! He said he knows government offices and it has probably gone to a black hole! So better to re send the application!

Now. it's a bit difficult to believe him in my view! Although the centers of excellence have delay in responding, I have never heard of a case being lost! So I am just guessing that he is making an excuse and the application is not sent yet, by the way it was only the nomination application that he was going to send.

I am thinking what is the best move now, I guess it's best to wait for three months when the 2 years is complete and then send both nomination and visa application, together.

What do you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Guest mostaf854
Can anyone please update the visa processing date? Thanks.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 July 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 29 August 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 September 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 September 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 12 December 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 July 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 29 August 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 September 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 September 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 12 December 2011.

Thanks mostaf854, looks like there is no progress since 20th, Feb.

HELP NEEDED!!!!! ENS 121 OFFSHORE VISA!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys, new to this forum and have to say how helpful it seems to be..

:cool:

I am wondering has anybody recently lodged or been approved for an ENS 121 Off shore visa in the past year and if so what are (or were) your timescales involved???

My nomination and application were lodged at the Centre of excellence Parramatta together and a day later were verified as a valid application by the Dept. of Immi. on the 20/10/2011 and iv heard nothing since.

:confused:Friends of mine have lodged the same visa with same circumstances i.e Off shore 121 ENS and have been approved in 10-12 weeks im now at the 20 week mark!!!

Has anybody out there been in or heard of similar stories??

Thanks for reading!!:wink:

Guest Clareoc
Hi everyone i am new in thread. i applied for ens 121 visa and my visa application together and i got nomination approval on 6/2/2012 and My migration agent told me CO assigned and co asked about some documents on 17/02/2012.i submitted all documents on same day, But after that they dont have any reply. any one has idea why they r taking so much time......

Hi,

When did you submit your applications?:huh:

Guest Stevietheworm

What? This is bad news for me. My application was confirmed as received on the 04/10/11 and I was hoping I might hear something soon. From the information above it looks like I may have another 3 months to wait :arghh:

On the 24/01/12 they were reviewing ENS cases received on 14/06/2011 so they've processed 2 weeks worth of applications in 5 weeks.

Guest ymxiong
What? This is bad news for me. My application was confirmed as received on the 04/10/11 and I was hoping I might hear something soon. From the information above it looks like I may have another 3 months to wait :arghh:

On the 24/01/12 they were reviewing ENS cases received on 14/06/2011 so they've processed 2 weeks worth of applications in 5 weeks.

Hello, bud. my application was lodged 10/Aug. I am ready to wait another 2 months.

Guest proudbrown
Hi Mick,

Hope you are well ... nope nothing yet ... still waiting patiently! Trying not to think about it and just getting on with things but its hard!

Jem

I am well thanks Jem. It seems so weird that some of the applicants already have an outcome. Even though we applied way back in Dec 2011 nothing has been said yet. Did you try and get in touch with your MA? Whenever I call them, they say, no info yet. DIAC were so prompt to charge me card the next day!!!!!

Anyway, I am not thinking about it too much these days! taking it as it comes! :)

Keep in touch and good luck!

Mick

Archived