ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyoueverybody for all your help, this is an excellent thread. I got PR –still inshock . It took three weeks in total from submission. Well done to all who havegot it and good luck to all who have not yet received it.

Guest smwarlock20
Hi all,

Guess what...WE GOT IT!!!!

I sent an email to immi last Thursday (thanks to Su and The Whites for helping with that) and on Friday I received and email from a CO. The email asked for further docs i.e. updated reference from my employer, further proof of dependency for my two youngest sons at Uni and a letter stating the nominated position was for a minimum of three years. After a lot of to and throwing of emails to my children in the UK and discussions with my employer to be, everything was ready. My employer to be sent in their final bits yesterday and I sent my stuff (certified by my bank manager at Commonwealth bank) last night. Today at 10 am I received a call from my employer to say that the nomination had been approved and then 10 minutes later a call from the CO asking when am I and my wife leaving Aus.

The plan is that Andrea and I will leave and go to New Zealand in a couple of weeks for a long weekend. We will fly my two children from the UK to NZ and then all fly into Sydney as a family to kick off the visa.

Thanks ever so much for all the support everyone has shown us over the past x years and especially to The Whites, Lillmary and Gengis for all the help, advice and the odd shoulder.

Now celebrating by having a few beers at the Opera Bar at the Opera House followed by a bottle (or two) of the best Aussie red.

Thanks everyone and all the best to all of you...just stick with it as the process never seems to end but you'll get there if you are committed.

Best regards

Mike

Great news mate.a ton load off ur shoulder.very happy to hear the final result.best wishes for ur future..cheers!

Guest smwarlock20
Hi Smwarlock20, Have you heard anything about your nomination yet as my timeline is similar to yours? After Gengis theirs I thought we would have had ours by now but not a word.

Not a bit chedeakee.really frustating.im trying to listen to all conversation that my employer is having over the phone.( i know breach of privacy)which is out of my control.checking emails every 30min( not employers but mine).i thk i just have to hold on longer....

Guest mikewheble
When done Mikey W, great result and where better to go for a celebratory drink than the Opera Bar!

Cheers Gengis...it was a bit of a heavy night. Now onto the next bit, trying to co-ordinate flights etc to get my children over.

Speak soon

Regards

Mike

Guest lillaanna

Hi

I am Martin and new to this forum. I find the information listed very useful, so I have decided to share my story with the forum.

Cheers

Martin

Guest lillaanna

we decided to investigate the option of an ENS 121/856 application in September 2011

pre-checked the company's commitment and other related issues in October 2011

payed the initial deposit to my RMA in early November 2011

2 (very intensive) months to collect required documentation Nov-Dec 2011

DRC application lodged in Parramatta via our RMA 13/01/2012

there was a mismatch with the payment (according to our RMA) and received a refund 6 Feb 2012 for the difference between an onshore and offshore application fee (I am staying onshore, however the application is considered offshore as we found out)

now waiting, as of today no CO or no communication received

anybody any idea about an expected time-frame?

cheers

Hi

I am Martin and new to this forum. I find the information listed very useful, so I have decided to share my story with the forum.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, 1-2 months seems to have been talked about a fair bit for DRC with a complete application, so if they're not asking for any more documents just stay cool for a couple of months. You're best off looking through the spreadsheet, I see you're on there already!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Current Processing Dates

If you have lodged an ENS or RSMS application, you should have received an acknowledgement letter shortly after you lodge your application. This letter will advise that your application has been received and placed with our on-hand cases.

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 22 July 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 24 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 November 2011.

Guest wlh1978
Current Processing Dates

If you have lodged an ENS or RSMS application, you should have received an acknowledgement letter shortly after you lodge your application. This letter will advise that your application has been received and placed with our on-hand cases.

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 22 July 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 24 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 November 2011.

Thanks!

I really don't know why Melbourne Centre processed so slowly!

I really dont think you can take any notice of those dates. They seem to jump in around the place, not move at all for weeks then jump a few weeks or not at all. Parramata is looking at a 7-8 month wait it seems. A year or two ago one was waiting a few weeks now a non DRC application is months in the queue. What can you do?

Guest dokaidz

Just been allocated a Case Officer. She is requesting me for Proof of Vocational English. I was told that as an AHPRA Registered Nurse (meaning before I was registered I need IELTS OBS 7.0) I could get an exemption for this. Can anyone advise if I can request my employer to provide a letter of Vocational English Exemption to the C.O.? Thanks.

Just been allocated a Case Officer. She is requesting me for Proof of Vocational English. I was told that as an AHPRA Registered Nurse (meaning before I was registered I need IELTS OBS 7.0) I could get an exemption for this. Can anyone advise if I can request my employer to provide a letter of Vocational English Exemption to the C.O.? Thanks.

Hi Dokaidz what is ur nationality...ru from english speaking country...As co is asking for vocational english proof i am bit worried...my wife is alsk applying for ens 121 and she has ahpra eligibility letter but didnt sit for ielts....only advantage is she has British passport since Sep 2010...before that she was Indian citizen....

.....Mansawant

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who have been granted their visas. I am new on this forum. I have a job offer in Sydney. The employer lodged the nomination on 13.01.12 and received acknowledgment on 16.01.12. I have received police checks for me, my partner and 3 kids. I am expected to start work end of July. I am wondering if the visa will be granted. I wanted to get the medical checks done in London, but was asked for a reference number for this purpose, not the Client ID No. the Application ID No or the File No that appear on the acknowledgment letter. I have emailed my future employer this morning to get clarification on this.

I never thought that a visa to Australia would take as long!

Ok, I have now joined the departure lounge (waiting!)

Cheers

Mo1

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who have been granted their visas. I am new on this forum. I have a job offer in Sydney. The employer lodged the nomination on 13.01.12 and received acknowledgment on 16.01.12. I have received police checks for me, my partner and 3 kids. I am expected to start work end of July. I am wondering if the visa will be granted. I wanted to get the medical checks done in London, but was asked for a reference number for this purpose, not the Client ID No. the Application ID No or the File No that appear on the acknowledgment letter. I have emailed my future employer this morning to get clarification on this.

Cheers

Mo1

Dont worry too much at this stage. We had our medicals done without a reference number and without a case officer and had no problem.

If you are getting close to the mark, you can do an urgency request letter.

Good luck

Guest dokaidz

Hi Mansawant,

I am from the Philippines. Before I got my AHPRA registration I have submitted my IELTS with an OBS of 7.5 to then Queensland Nursing Council but my IELTS result has long been expired (2008). Anyways, I just emailed my C.O. to ask if it is possible for me to ask my employer to supply a letter that I have more than adequate Vocational English. Hopefully she would agree and I may also request my University in the Philippines to make a letter stating that our medium of instruction is in English. Any other suggestion from members is very much appreciated.

Guest lillaanna

Thanks for your advice.

My RMA advised me that the case would be finalised in 4 weeks time. Obviously that does not happen now.

I hope I dont have to wait another couple of months........it drives me nuts.

cheers

martin

Hi Martin, 1-2 months seems to have been talked about a fair bit for DRC with a complete application, so if they're not asking for any more documents just stay cool for a couple of months. You're best off looking through the spreadsheet, I see you're on there already!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Guest lillaanna

Thank you for this information.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand who the dates refer to a DRC application. A DRC application is supposed to be handled much faster than a non-DRC.

BYTWY, how can you obtain the dates specified below?

Cheers

Martin

Current Processing Dates

Guest vincent1429
Hi All,

Cheers

Mo1

you can do ur medical to save time..... go thru this page it will help u or contact global health they will guide u....

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

Global Health

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Fax: +61 (0)2 8666 5900 / 5901

Email: Health.Operations.Centre@immi.gov.au

Guest stillwaiting79

Lillaanna/Martin;

DRC dates are not published, except by ppl like us who updates ourselves.

The dates are sent out by immigration when u send them a blank email ....

The email addresses to get these updates are on many posts here which I can't remember off hand.

Thank you for this information.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand who the dates refer to a DRC application. A DRC application is supposed to be handled much faster than a non-DRC.

BYTWY, how can you obtain the dates specified below?

Cheers

Martin

Guest lillaanna

Thanks for clarifying!

I guess than I just have to wait and wait.............

Lillaanna/Martin;

DRC dates are not published, except by ppl like us who updates ourselves.

The dates are sent out by immigration when u send them a blank email ....

The email addresses to get these updates are on many posts here which I can't remember off hand.

Guest dokaidz

Is there any Registered Nurse working with 457 visa? Any one need to do IELTS when applying for 856 visa? I was told that Registered Nurses on 457 don't need IELTS anymore when applying for 856. Please clarify.

Archived