ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest mikewheble

Hi Su

I have just sent you a pm

Regards

Mike

Well let me know if you need the email. We did our trip to Fiji. Got there on the Mon night and received our letter on the Tue am. Could have saved ourselves a shed load of cash if we had gone for the day :)

All settled in now, got a long term rental, but still waiting for the container to clear customs. Three weeks now!! Not sure if the minimalistic look is a good one or not haha.

Hope you get some good news soon

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lotus Fire

Hi,

I got my visa granted today and I've been following this thread wondering how long it might take since lodging.

Employer nomination (drc) and visa application (non-drc) applied together 29/11/11 -VISA granted 31/01/12

I didnt expect the decision to come so soon. So this is a nice surprise. Good luck everyone.

progress.gif

Can one drop in the visa application to the actuall office? Sydney has two offices, one in the CBD the other in Parramatta. Are they all processed in Parramatta?

Maybe I should send it to Melbourne as it could be faster!

Hi,

I got my visa granted today and I've been following this thread wondering how long it might take since lodging.

Employer nomination (drc) and visa application (non-drc) applied together 29/11/11 -VISA granted 31/01/12

I didnt expect the decision to come so soon. So this is a nice surprise. Good luck everyone.

progress.gif

Congratulations Lotusfire.

Guest Midwife Mel

Just wanted to share my timeline and ask a quick question:

ENS 121 (offshore) visa. Nomination lodged: 31/08/11

Visa Application lodged (non DRC): 25/11/11

Nomination Approved: 15/12/11

Medicals done: 16/01/12

I have had no communication from DIAC other than an acknowledgement of a valid visa appliation so I am assuming that no CO has been assigned yet. I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure when the 5 month processing time frame begins? Is it from the lodgement of the nomination, nomination approval or visa lodgement, it's very confusing :confused:

RKeanu123 That time fram was amazing: Obviously the fact your company had already been approved speeded things up a bit, When did you hear you had a CO?

Guest ymxiong
Just wanted to share my timeline and ask a quick question:

ENS 121 (offshore) visa. Nomination lodged: 31/08/11

Visa Application lodged (non DRC): 25/11/11

Nomination Approved: 15/12/11

Medicals done: 16/01/12

I have had no communication from DIAC other than an acknowledgement of a valid visa appliation so I am assuming that no CO has been assigned yet. I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure when the 5 month processing time frame begins? Is it from the lodgement of the nomination, nomination approval or visa lodgement, it's very confusing :confused:

from the lodgement of visa application (25/11/11). CO might be assigned after May 2012 or even later.

Guest Lotus Fire
Lotus fire which centre did you lodge? Congrats

Thanks Girl65. That's at Paramatta. I think its helps to lodge DRC.

Hey jackie il be watching your outcome lodged nomination and visa a week after you in Melbourne both drc medicals etc included

[/sUB]

Guest Midwife Mel
from the lodgement of visa application (25/11/11). CO might be assigned after May 2012 or even later.

Thanks ymxiong, that's what I thought.

Guest ymxiong
Hi, ymxiong

I lodged mine on 26/11/11, why it takes so long? Thanks.

Hi Xenium,

As told by immigration office, for Non-DRC 121, the processing time will be 5-8months depending on if your passport is from ETA country. Now the office is processing applications which were submitted before 19 June 2011 in Parrammatta.

Guest taylorvillas

Hi,

Has anyone who lodged DRC at the end of December had any contact other than a receipt from DIAC?

I know its early days but I was hoping I would have a case officer by now.

Also how do you know if you have a case office? I went via an agent and i think he is fed up of me asking questions so trying to stay calm and patient - not 2 of my greatest skills in this case.

Thanks

Tracy

Three weeks after you, mine was drc alsosubmitted by an agent , how long did your agent say to you should be waiting,has your company been approved, mine has to be approved first , lodged bothdrc. I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress, when did you get the letter

Guest lilimary
Hi,

Has anyone who lodged DRC at the end of December had any contact other than a receipt from DIAC?

I know its early days but I was hoping I would have a case officer by now.

Also how do you know if you have a case office? I went via an agent and i think he is fed up of me asking questions so trying to stay calm and patient - not 2 of my greatest skills in this case.

Thanks

Tracy

Tracy, you will most likely not know if your application has been allocated to a CO as yours is DRC. You will receive a notice that your nomination and visa has been approved and that is that :)

Try and keep still it will happen before you know it. DRC are around 4 to 8 wks at the moment. Which is nothing.

Cheers

Lili

Took my visa application in to the office today, non-DRC, nomination is approved already. Asked the girl at Parramatta how long she thinks, she said 5-7 months, nearer 7 months with a non-ETA country partner. So maybe by end of August then... but maybe they just say 5-7 months as a matter of policy. Didn't seem to make a difference that I'd already got the nomination approved, to back of the queue again with you, sonny!

I'd recommend to people that they put the nomination and visa application in together. And if you really want to go for it quickly get an agent for DRC.

Incidentally, it would be useful for people to give some indication of the charges for their DRC approving agent, so future applicants can work out where the best value for money lies. Let's make these agents give some value for us/future punters! Anyone willing to state how much they paid? Come on, we're only on an internet forum, so it's virtually anonymous anyway. Plus, you'd be helping future applicants shop around and keep the agent fees down in a more competitive market.

Hi I paid 3500,

For that i got a check list which I later found on the net. My employer got an email with a checklist ( also on the net if you google decision ready checklist) my agent then went through all my document and carefully put them in a logic manner with two decison ready stamped and certified checklists. I was told that although the agent feels they are decison ready there is a chance that they can get mixed up in DIAC . I am going to make the agent follow up in two weeks if I don't here anything

Hi All,

I am holding 457 Visa and my Agency suggested me to apply for 856 Visa which is Permanent and it allows me to work with another company wherever I want.

I've got couple of questions.

1 - There is anyone who applied and got this visa then could change the company straight away ?

2 - For this visa Is it requirement to increase the current salary according to the rules ?

3 - For this visa It's better to work with agency and pay roughly $3000-$3500 or possibly to do all stages byself ?

I would be appreciated once I receive any answer from whom been in the same situation and has a knowledge.

Cheers !!!!

Matt

Guest mikewheble
Hi Mike

Stick an email to DIAC with an urgency request. Thats what we did and two days later, they started processing the visa. PM me if you would like a copy of the one we sent

Su

Hi all,

Well, after waiting for nearly 7.5 months I sent an email on Sunday evening to Immi requesting my case be looked at and I have just seen that I HAVE A CASE OFFICER...I feel like I have won the lottery!!!

So, next steps...I will give him a call tomorrow morning (not to early in case he got out of the wrong side of the bed) and see what else I need to do in order to get the visa moved forward.

Thanks to The_Whites who have been fantastic, LiliMary and all others who have helped with support and advise so far. I know it's not over yet but I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

All I need to do now is to work out how to change my signature to update it

All the very best

Regards

Mike

Guest Lotus Fire

Mine was DRC as well lodged 28 Nov. I dont think you'll hear from DIAC at all. I didnt get anythink from DIAC or the agent and then 8 weeks later. POOF! visa granted. So patience :)

Tracy, you will most likely not know if your application has been allocated to a CO as yours is DRC. You will receive a notice that your nomination and visa has been approved and that is that :)

Try and keep still it will happen before you know it. DRC are around 4 to 8 wks at the moment. Which is nothing.

Cheers

Lili

Guest Lotus Fire

The agent fees are painful but from the experiences in this forum it does seem to help.

Hi All,

I am holding 457 Visa and my Agency suggested me to apply for 856 Visa which is Permanent and it allows me to work with another company wherever I want.

I've got couple of questions.

1 - There is anyone who applied and got this visa then could change the company straight away ?

2 - For this visa Is it requirement to increase the current salary according to the rules ?

3 - For this visa It's better to work with agency and pay roughly $3000-$3500 or possibly to do all stages byself ?

I would be appreciated once I receive any answer from whom been in the same situation and has a knowledge.

Cheers !!!!

Matt

Archived