ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

Some experiences for you....I submitted my Employer nomination at the Parramatta CoE in the end of July 2011, got a call in mid November from HR saying that the nomindation was approved, Yippiee....(Note: I did not submit my application due to the risk of losing the $2860 as I was applying under a "Computer Engineer" ENSOL code however my job was not exactly the same as described on the DIAC site:wink:.)

Got all the applications doc ready and then realised damn we (Wife and I) need a IETLS test....:wacko: At that point mid November I considered an agent as the information provided by members on this forum and other sources had suggested that the processing times are much better when the application is "Decision Ready". So...got an appointment in the 1st week of Dec, did the test, waited for results....got the certificates.... Wife's name and surname swapped around, contacted IDP to fix....4 days later I received the amened certificate just before Xmas.

Ok, so Happy New Year blah blah blah, saw my agent on the 6th if Jan 2012, handed over the IETLS certificates and a few more docs, she got me to sign the required pages and aid that she will need 5 days to fill out, check and get them to a decision ready state. I got a text from her on Sunday the 15th Jan saying that the forms have been out into the mail! Yeah!!!!!!

Got an email from her on Tuesday with Tuesday the 17th January 2012 with the DIAC application confirmation etc...at this point I said OK lets hope that within about 3 weeks we should hear something back. At 11:35am on Thursday the 19th January 2012 I get a call from my agent saying, "Are you sitting down"? I go "Yes", she goes, "Your PR has been approved", I am like WTF???!!!??? 3 days, that's mental.

I do believe that using an agent is hugely advantageous and if you have the $3150 (New Price) spending another $1500 on an agent is worth it, esp if other docs, medicals etc end up expiring due to the fact that they are over a yr old when they are assessed by the CO.

Just my 2c.

Hi fastgun,

Congratulations on your visa.

was your an ens121 or 856?

many thanks.

Guest smwarlock20
same feeling with you

:laugh:

Lol! Do you feel the same or do you wish to do it to me.

Hahaha ur text sounds the later one...

Guest smwarlock20
Yeah I guess it was down to the agent been so pedantic resulting in the completeness of the doco...at the end of teh day there was nothing more that they could ask for!!!

that is crazy man.haven't seen anything like this before.I think ur case must be in the records of fastest ever granted....like guineas book of immi records..

You must be elated with joy.congratulations!enjoy the Aussie life now...:)

Guest fastgun
that is crazy man.haven't seen anything like this before.I think ur case must be in the records of fastest ever granted....like guineas book of immi records..

You must be elated with joy.congratulations!enjoy the Aussie life now...:)

Thanks I still can't believe it, I hoped for 3-5 weeks but 3 days is mental!! Good luck with yours!

Guest lilimary

It's different when you have the nomination already approved...

My visa was approved in ONE day in Melbourne after we submitted the application for my hubbie, cause they had already approved the nomination.

Hang in there all of you waiting for approval, DIAC is working hard to get over the backlog. Try and enjoy the true blue summer in the meantime :cool:

Guest NewMigrant

Anyone knows about conditions of Visa Subclass 856. I have been granted this visa and in the visa label, it is just quoted condition MIG.REG.SCHED.8. Does the visa require me have to work for my sponsor employer 2 or 3 years and anything else? It is so confused. I intend to open my own business one day but I don't know whether I can quit the job. Please anyone help me?

Guest mikewheble

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011

Guest smwarlock20

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011

Now thats what i call a good forward leap .

Few more days to go...

Hi mikewheble. Does this mean a 7 month wait before nominations are approved?? what if the nomination is sumitted seperately? thanks

Guest mikewheble

Hi, well mine is at the 7 month mark now and still no case officer. The company nominating isn't a large company (20 people or so) but they have nominated and got approval for two other people in the recent past. I think it is the nomination that takes the time however, I am not sure what affect it will have submitting separately...I suspect it will still take the same amount of time.

By my calculations (based on how Parramatta have been progressing over the last 4 weeks) I should have a CO by 10th Feb (nomination in 22nd June) if they carry on at the same rate.

Good luck all

Regards

Mike

Hi mikewheble. Does this mean a 7 month wait before nominations are approved?? what if the nomination is sumitted seperately? thanks

Guest beilabs

My nomination was approved 24th May, Applied straight away in May, cheque was cashed the following week, was not until 5th July that we got the notification letter.

Still waiting for a CO. Frustrating but just have to wait it out. Hopefully we get it in Feb, have my wedding in March and I'm stuck on a bridging visa right now.

856 ENS

Guest mikewheble

Hi,

I believe it is at the same time (CO and nomination). As for occupations, the thing that affects the time scale is if your application is DRC i.e.all documents and application checked and sent via a migration agent. My occupation is Sales & Marketing Manager and logged at Paramatta, it seems that other 'Centres of Excellence' are processing quicker than Paramatta. The Whites applied the same time as me (same occupation and a few days before) it was lodged in Melbourne...they got they grant about a month ago.

so nomination happens before a case officer is allocated?

And do different occupations have priority?

Finally a bit of progress... popped into Immigration in Brisbane today and they told me Iv been allocated a case officer since 12th Jan so hopefully things will be sorted soon enough because both my applications have all the documents and medicals etc sent in already...

Guest taylorvillas

Hi There,

Well after lurking for a while I thought I would post my story to see if anyone has gone through anything similar.

I have been here in a 457 since May 2011, my employer who I worked for in the Uk had always planned to sponsor my PR, to the point where LAFHA was removed from my contract after I had started work here - to my advantage I would add.

I started the process of gathering docs for skills assessment in August, which takes time if getting sent from the uk plus certification - I would advise anyone applying to gather their docs early.

Had a lucky break in that my skills assessment with ACS was lodged in November and approved in just over 2 weeks, however as we were advised by our MA it would take 3 months, we still had to do medicals and police checks etc...

To cut a long story short all docs were back an our MA lodged via courier to the Melbourne courier address on the morning of the 30th December, now comes the issue, DIAC are saying they received on the 3rd jan, hence a minor fee increase, even though the MA has proof of receipt, so now for the past 3 weeks it's gone nowhere, it's a DRC application so in theory should be with a case officer, but instead the MA cannot get a response from DIAC. I have told my MA just to pay the extra fee to get the application moving but he cannot even get a response to do that..it's so frustrating as we are so close but instead of these days counting towards the wait time they are just being wasted!

Any ideas on what to do?

The silly thing is I have loads of time on my 457, I know my visa will come eventually but I am on edge all the time now waiting and driving my MA mad I am sure - anyone else feel like this?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Tracy

Hi all,

If we add job title in the time line then it will be helpful for others with the same to get the idea about the time frame.

I think your job title (profession) makes a difference in the time scale as we can see some are still waiting for the decision who applied six-seven months ago and some who applied in the last three-four months have already got the outcome . So it's better if we add job title as well in the time scale.

Regards,

Mansawant

Guest hope to be aussie

hi all,

i really need someones help, pls help me if anyone can, i will be very thankful....

i applied my nomination and visa(857) in october 2011 at parramata and i m on bridging visa now and i am working for my potential employer from august 2011. and i really stuck in very bad situation now.. the employer through which i am going, he sponsored someone else on 457 visa 2 yeras ago and then he fired that guy after 2 months due to some reasons but did not inform immigration and they sponsored someone else 4 years ago as well on 457 visa and that guy was not doing that job for which he got his visa, instead he was doing something else in that business, which was not his occupation. And few months ago, immigration visited my workplace and ask for documentation from my employer to satisfy that he follow all obligations for those 457 visa holders and my employer did not provide any information to immigration and DIAC ask information again second and last time, i dont know this time they provide it to them or not. I ask my employer about it, he told me their is no problem with it, they can sponsor anyone. their is one fellow worker with me, who also waiting for 857 decision from last 9 months and he also got case officer 3 months ago, but still no response... so plss someone tell me, what should i do in this worst situation..... should i find another employer or i just have to wait..

thanks in advance

To cut a long story short all docs were back an our MA lodged via courier to the Melbourne courier address on the morning of the 30th December, now comes the issue, DIAC are saying they received on the 3rd jan, hence a minor fee increase, even though the MA has proof of receipt, so now for the past 3 weeks it's gone nowhere

Tracy - I was in a similar situation although courier was signed for in Perth on Jan 3 despite posting around Christmas and tracking saying it arrived in Aus at end of DEC...so annoying. On Friday Jan 6 I got an email saying I had only authorised the original fee and would need to authorise the new increased fee by Mon Jan 9 or my application and all contents would be returned to me - lucky I check my emails all the time as this was not a very big window! I had to do this via return email, which I did, and got official approval letter on the Monday.

I guess the MA shoujld just respond to the email that informed about fee increase saying you authorise the release of more money. At least then there is record of approving new fee...worse case would be that DIAC send all your stuff back like they threatened with me...

As for feeling on edge all the time...with me it comes in waves. Me and the partner decided we couldn't hack waiting around in UK for visa process so quit jobs etc and flew to NZ via Aus to sign contract and speed things up a bit. So we have a year working holiday in NZ until Sept 2012...I hope it doesnt take longer than that!! It is annoying though as I can't guess as to when things will start to happen so feel bad committing to a full-time job here incase I have to leave soon. That's the only annoying thing. If I knew it was going to be 5 months for sure, then I could settle somewhere and start a job but my nomination has already been approved and I am a Psych Nurse from UK so think that speeds things up a bit??? so I also keep thinking something might happen any day!! It's the not knowing that's killing me!! I was meant to start job in Perth in Feb!!! Argh!!

Good luck with you situation...

Lau

Guest lilimary

The silly thing is I have loads of time on my 457, I know my visa will come eventually but I am on edge all the time now waiting and driving my MA mad I am sure - anyone else feel like this?

Hey Tracy, I was in the same situation ie. on a 457, so already in Australia, and in a job I did not want to quit. So no real need for PR to get granted quickly. But I was feeling the same, very impatient!! I guess it is because of all the preparation, once you lodge, you want to know the outcome quickly...

To help settle the frustration during the waiting time, I kept thinking about people that have been waiting on their visas for YEARS, people who can not get into the countries (while we are already here...), people separated from their wife/husband because of visa issue, etc. I am sure you will agree our situation is far far far better.

Hope for your visa fees issue to resolve soon, and I'm sure you will get the visa in no time. :)

Archived