ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Work just handed me the nomination acknowledgment letter. Just a receipt for the fee and in it they say that a Case officer will be assigned to look at the nomination "within approximately 4 weeks (from the date) of lodgment".

Again not sure if this is the standard template but quite surprised with these time-lines.

For some reason, seems you're getting DRC treatment, lucky you! Can you explain that?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason, seems you're getting DRC treatment, lucky you! Can you explain that?

LOL, I don't want to tempt fate. If I get it soon then I will post up what I did for others to see. Not that I did anything hugely different.

Finally, I could receive mails from ws.pse@immi.gov.au using an email which being used when I applying my 457 visa, here is the latest status:

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 July 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 29 August 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 September 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 September 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 12 December 2011.

Looks like 856 cases are processing faster! Last week, Perth centre received on 24 August, getting closer to my application :-)

Guest mrlouis
Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 July 2011.

Yeah, applause… Sydney has finally gone true the heavy month of June!!

Lets see now how fast they can move till end of August.

Guest xiaowanzi

it seems someone went to the parramatar counter and was told it has moved to August...

Yeah, applause… Sydney has finally gone true the heavy month of June!!

Lets see now how fast they can move till end of August.

After almost 4 years!!!!!! Australia has finally done us right ... we are finally PERMANENT RESIDENTS!!!!!!!!!!

wooohoooooooooooooooo what a weekend we're going to have!!! First stop Champagne & Oysters!!!

Thank you guys for the support, good words, solidarity!!!

Good luck to those in the pipeline ...

I have been waiting since Oct 2008 as this being my 2nd attempt!

CONGRATULATIONS. You are probably still on Cloud 9 but we wish you all the best with your new status

Guest Undertaker88
Para...Freaking 3 days in 4 weeks.i dont know what to say now....

Hi smwarlock20,

Mine was 2nd September, when i looked at the timeline i could not believe it still now, Do not know what the hell they are doing.seems like kidding us

Guest lillaanna

RMA advised me on Friday that a CO is appointed, yet he/she has not made a contact with my RMA (somebody else advise my RMA)

as of today still waiting.

Anybody any idea, from this point? what should I expect???????

application ENS 856 lodged on 13 jan 2012 (DRC application)

payment cleared

CO allocated 17 feb 2012

now waiting

(see my previous threads if interested)

Do we get a email notification or a call once a CO is assigned?

H

I mean for Non-DRC applications as well?

hi

My MA got an email last week saying that our application will be with CO this week and it said

"co will be in touch within 1 week if additional information is needed but please be aware that CO can make a decision without any contact" and it also said not to contact CO for any updates

so we still don't know if we have CO or not...

so the way I understand this is either they will approve it in 1 week or request the extra info

hi

My MA got an email last week saying that our application will be with CO this week and it said

"co will be in touch within 1 week if additional information is needed but please be aware that CO can make a decision without any contact" and it also said not to contact CO for any updates

so we still don't know if we have CO or not...

so the way I understand this is either they will approve it in 1 week or request the extra info

Thanks Katerina,

Still i didn't get any email or phone call. May be just one month passed and i am too early to expect a response.

Hope you will get the good news soon! Be hopeful!

Thanks Katerina,

Still i didn't get any email or phone call. May be just one month passed and i am too early to expect a response.

Hope you will get the good news soon! Be hopeful!

We only know because my husband send an email to our MA to give him some real updates and she send that email to DiAC

if you are non DRC you could be here a while unfortunately,Perth is processing applications ENS received by 14/9/11! We lodged in Septemberand still waiting

Guest mostaf854

Hey guys,

I lodged the nomination for 856 1st Feb, haven't heard anything yet. Didn't lodge the visa application with it, mainly because it hasn't been 12 month with last employer yet (it will be in June). Hoping that the nomination gets approved by June otherwise I will be in trouble as my 457 nomination will expire in June and my 457 visa will expire in August!

Any one has an idea, if I will be eligible for a bridging visa at any of the above dates?

Guest lillaanna

I guess you have to lodged your new visa application before the current one expires, then you are eligible for a bridging visa to keep you in the country.

why dont you extend your 457 before it expires? i know it is extra money/time, yet it keeps you in the job/country and then you can go for the 856/121 application.

talk to an RMA maybe

cheers and good luck

martin

Hey guys,

I lodged the nomination for 856 1st Feb, haven't heard anything yet. Didn't lodge the visa application with it, mainly because it hasn't been 12 month with last employer yet (it will be in June). Hoping that the nomination gets approved by June otherwise I will be in trouble as my 457 nomination will expire in June and my 457 visa will expire in August!

Any one has an idea, if I will be eligible for a bridging visa at any of the above dates?

Guest mostaf854

Thanks for your reply Lilla! Sorry I wasn't specific enough, yes if I lodge the new visa application before the expiration of the current one, most likely I will receive a bridging visa, but my main concern is the nomination.

When my current employer was applying for nomination of 457, he applied for one year only. As you know in order to be eligible for 856 you must be on 457 for the last two years, including the last 12 months with the current nominating employer. Which means on the date that I am eligible to apply for 856 visa, my 457 nomination will expire and they will both happen exactly on the same day (eligibility for 856 and expiration of 457 nomination). My 457 visa would exipre about 2 month after that, so I am currently not too much concern about that.

I am just wondering, now that my employer has lodged the nomination for 856, expiration of 457 nomination would affect me or it would be ok as there is another nomination in process by the time of expiration :-?

Guest xiaoweih

What happened for recent 856 apps?

My MA lodged the nomination (DRC) in 15/02/2012, and lodged the application (also DRC) in 22/02/2012. Neither of them received the acknowledgement.

He told me that the DIAC is currently under resourced and are busy receipting the application ...

Does anyone has similar situation as me?

Guest romysydney

Hi All, I really need your help, my situation is, i was on 457 visa from last three years, one year with other company & then 2 years with new company.

my new company, where i spent 2 years, i applied for 856 in last year august 2011.

Now the problem is my company is in administration, the status is "UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION and/or CONTROLLER APPOINTED **" and my 856 file is in the queue,

I'm very much upset, don't know what's going to heppen.

please suggest me, what can i do.. waiting for your reply..

Hey im not 100% on this but im almost positive that an agent we went with before deciding to do 856 visa informed us we could apply for 856 visa up to 6weeks before the 2yrs on a 457 visa was up.. Also you eill be put on a bridging visa when ur 856 visa apication has been recieved in office. :) hope this helps :) jac

Guest mostaf854
Hi All, I really need your help, my situation is, i was on 457 visa from last three years, one year with other company & then 2 years with new company.

my new company, where i spent 2 years, i applied for 856 in last year august 2011.

Now the problem is my company is in administration, the status is "UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION and/or CONTROLLER APPOINTED **" and my 856 file is in the queue,

Dear romy, I am very sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating it could be.

I was working for a company in 2008, due to financial crisis at the time the company was put into receivership. I am not a business expert and not quite sure whether the term receivership is equal to "controller appointed" or not, but if it is, as long as the company continues to operate, even under receivership, there shouldn't be any problem.

I am saying that because I was in a relatively similar situation before. I was overseas at the time the company was put into receivership and when I was returning to Australia I found out my visa has been cancelled in the Malaysian airport, half way through Australia. Aeroplane flew and I was watching it in absolute shock! I used the internet facility at the airport to send several emails to my employer and immigration and after a few hours and sending maybe 20ish emails and providing documents, received an email from immigration stating that as the company still operates under receivership, there were no ground for cancelling my visa and this cancellation has been revoked! I was able to catch to flight to Australia next day.

Now this story belongs to 457 visa, not quite sure that same rules would apply for 856 or not. I just thought sharing this with you might reduce your frustration a little bit.

Hope everything goes alright with your application.

Guest lillaanna

mate, i am not sure

why dont you consult with an RMA, I think it is worth the $200 or so to get legal advice for your specific situation.....

Thanks for your reply Lilla! Sorry I wasn't specific enough, yes if I lodge the new visa application before the expiration of the current one, most likely I will receive a bridging visa, but my main concern is the nomination.

When my current employer was applying for nomination of 457, he applied for one year only. As you know in order to be eligible for 856 you must be on 457 for the last two years, including the last 12 months with the current nominating employer. Which means on the date that I am eligible to apply for 856 visa, my 457 nomination will expire and they will both happen exactly on the same day (eligibility for 856 and expiration of 457 nomination). My 457 visa would exipre about 2 month after that, so I am currently not too much concern about that.

I am just wondering, now that my employer has lodged the nomination for 856, expiration of 457 nomination would affect me or it would be ok as there is another nomination in process by the time of expiration :-?

Guest lillaanna

i would advise you to go and see a RMA, get a professional opinion asap.

all the best

Archived