ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

I have been working here on a 457 at the same company for 3 years now, so I did not apply under the SOL, only the ENSOL occupation was listed. My application was received on the 25/06/2010, so just in time before the changes came into action. I have only now seen the priority list and is extremely happy that the 856 is a priority 1 visa! I realy hope that Parramatta will be processing the priority 1 visas quickly since the changes.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NickyJ

Hi everyone,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while...slowly getting my head around timelines, papers, likely delays etc...

We (Family of 4) decided to apply for an 856 in April this year after 2 years on a 457 with the same employer. We used Fragomen as our migration agent, who dealt with both our and the sponsoring company's paperwork.

All documents, medicals, police clearances and necessary translations were provided to Fragomen and the visa application was finally submitted on the 24th June.

That was the last we heard of our visa until the morning of the 9th August when we received an email telling us it was approved !!!!

I don't know why it was so fast (and I'm not complaining!!!) but I hope it gives hope to those that are applying/ waiting....things are moving in Parramatta....

Here's our info for the spreadsheet...

Visa type 856

Date nomination applied: 24/06/2010

Date visa applied : 24/06/2010

Together? Yes

Office : Parramatta

Date medicals sent: Sent with application on 24/06/2010

Date police checks sent: Sent with application on 24/06/2010

Date case officer assigned: No notification

Date nomination approved: No Notification

Date visa approved: 9/8/2010 !!!!!!!!!!

Days waiting: 46

Guest robbie70

Hi Nicky congratulations. Sooooo jealous ;-)

Now, can someone shed some light on how is the process working in terms of queuing?

Is it totally random?

Hi everyone,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while...slowly getting my head around timelines, papers, likely delays etc...

We (Family of 4) decided to apply for an 856 in April this year after 2 years on a 457 with the same employer. We used Fragomen as our migration agent, who dealt with both our and the sponsoring company's paperwork.

All documents, medicals, police clearances and necessary translations were provided to Fragomen and the visa application was finally submitted on the 24th June.

That was the last we heard of our visa until the morning of the 9th August when we received an email telling us it was approved !!!!

I don't know why it was so fast (and I'm not complaining!!!) but I hope it gives hope to those that are applying/ waiting....things are moving in Parramatta....

Visa type 856

Together? Yes

Hi everyone,

Visa type 856

Together? Yes

Thats great NickyJ!!

That gives me hope that ours are just around the corner.

Hi all,

Just updated the spreadsheet:

http://bit.ly/121-856VisaTimelines

Sorry for the slackness! I'm back in the Mother Country and have had a nice week down in Croyde. Heading back to Sydney on Thursday, sadly without a 121 visa :cry:

Hi hybrid,

Mine was lodged with the police clearances and medicals included. Thanks for the spreadsheet, it gives some hope in this process.

Guest robbie70

Thanks for the update.

FYI my medical and police check were sent with the application ... line 16.

cross your fingers everybody ...

Guest man2010
Hi everyone,

Visa type 856

Together? Yes

congratulations on obtaining your visa,such a relief! what do you mean by "...all necessary translations..."?

It's reassuring somewhat to hear such good news for all of us waiting.

Here is my timeline:

Visa type 121

Date nomination applied 01/07/10

Visa application 01/07/10

medicals/police checks sent with application

no case officer yet

nomination not approved yet

and let the waiting continue:arghh:

Guest NickyJ

@Robbie70 : It appears to be random

@man2010 : "...all necessary translations..." = We had several of our documents in french (marriage license, police clearances, birth certificates for the kids etc) so we had to have them translated & certified before presenting our application

@everybody who it waiting : Good luck:hug:

Guest caznphil

Are they actually processing any 121's?????

it seems everyone is highlighting on the spreadsheet except 121's...

There doesnt seem to be any movement in Perth at all... Im currently at just over four months waiting and still havnt even received a receipt for the payment taken way back..

I thought nurses were equally in demand??

Rant over.....:mad:

Congratulations to all those who have their visas so far....grumble grumble.... :arghh:

Guest man2010
Are they actually processing any 121's?????

it seems everyone is highlighting on the spreadsheet except 121's...

There doesnt seem to be any movement in Perth at all... Im currently at just over four months waiting and still havnt even received a receipt for the payment taken way back..

I thought nurses were equally in demand??

Rant over.....:mad:

Congratulations to all those who have their visas so far....grumble grumble.... :arghh:

I think 121 is on the backburner, so much for priority processing!:confused::confused:

Guest caznphil
I think 121 is on the backburner, so much for priority processing!:confused::confused:

:realmad::arghh::realmad::arghh::realmad:

**sob**

I had a word with our HR and they said that another person had their PR application approved last week which actually lodged his application a week after me?

So I put a call into immi today and got the standard answer of: "There is no case officer assigned yet and the nomination is not yet approved, so there is no way to tell where its at."

I got HR to contact them from the company's side and ask what is happening about the nomination, as this was lodged before the other person's nomination and is still not dealt with.

Will keep you guys updated when we get a response. At least I can now confirm that 856's are definitely starting to move in Parramatta, even if its only a few case officers whom are getting ahead.

Guest robbie70

Very useful info.

Let's analyse it

So .... they say there are priorities according to the occupation.

FACT: a colleague of mine (same occupation) lodged the application 30 days before I did and the visa was granted 70 days ago.

they say over 80% of cases are currently being serviced within the 5 months.

FACT: mine was lodged over 5 months ago. Sigh I am among the 20% unlucky ones.

they say This week, we have begun allocating visa applications from the pipeline

that were lodged on the 21 January 2010.

FACT: this means 7 months so all the ETA countries are 2 months overdue according to their service standard. And it is in disagreement with the statement "over 80% of cases are currently being serviced within the service standard. If not, there are basically no applications lodged from 21 Jan to 11 March (my date).

I hope it will soon be over.... good luck to everyone

Email from the department director, after an escalation process I went through - most of it is the standard email we have all been getting but processing date might interest you:

In managing the current pipeline of cases, certain occupations such as

medical personnel nominated to work in rural Australia, are being

considered for priority processing. At this time, there are a number of

these cases that have been identified for priority allocation, and we are

working through the allocation of those cases.

As a result, allocation is no longer able to be determined strictly in

accordance with the date an application is received, and we are therefore

unable to provide clients with specific processing timeframes. The

changing priorities and allocation dates are why clients who email the

section mailbox for a processing update receive only the auto-generated

response. They also explain the differing processing timeframes provided

to clients calling the DIAC enquiry line.

The only processing information that is not affected by changes in

caseloads, priorities and allocation dates is the departments published

service standard for processing permanent residence applications. The

published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (for clients

from ETA countries) and 7 months (for clients from non-ETA countries).

Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another,

depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The NSW PSE

team are committed to providing you with a decision on your clients

application within the published service standards, and over 80% of cases

are currently being serviced within this timeframe.

This week, we have begun allocating visa applications from the pipeline

that were lodged on the 21 January 2010.

I can confirm that you will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working

days of the application being allocated, with either an outcome for

decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, I am unable to provide advice regarding

processing timeframes.

Guest caznphil

ok, so... my ex husband has phoned me tonight stating that he has a message on his ansa phone from the australian high commission in london asking him to phone them tomorrow between 10 and 1.... could this be because he has granted permission for me to take our girls to perth with out him??? he signed a stat dec (confused), are they checking up?? does this mean my visa is being processed?? Oh god the anxieties!!! how am I gonna sleep tonight????? soooo many questions..... *sigh*

When was the last time anyone had there 121 visas granted? Feels like forever.

Ive been waiting for 15 weeks now since we lodged our application, the nomination was approved in Jan.

When they say they are currently working on those from Jan I take it they mean applications lodged then not nominations approved then.

Seems like they are being a little unfair in their granting process, i read that some people who have a lodged at the same time that they havent had theres granted and the other has

Good luck to all still waiting

Its just dawned on me that I didn't certify the copies of certain documents, like work contract etc... I Also know the employer didn't didn't certify things either. Will they send it all back, or do you reckon when we have CO they will just email & request we resend the items certified??

Hubbys employer just modified the work contract to extend an extra 3 years once pr is granted. But we didn't certify it. I just don't want them sending it all back cuz it's not certified. So, you reckon documents don't need to be certified?

I'll probably go and certify everything this week and send it all off anyway. We haven't been allocated a CO yet, so I'd sooner she not have to ask for it. When you request info to be sent via email any information rather than by post, do they listen? One more lol when you get the confirmation that they've received your app, is that just a standard email? I'm just asking cuz I was thinking that once we get that, I'd be able to send off the certified docs using the file number, b4 it reaches a CO.. Am I making any sense? Lol

Guest Merlot

I picked this up, looks like there could be some movement for those of us who lodged at Parammatta!

Had some news from my MA - some 1700 applications sitting in Parammatta's queue are to be reallocated by DIAC to Perth and Melbourne in order to spread the workload due to the backlog at Parammatta. Applications are to be selected randomly and those selected will be informed when the CO contacts them.

The intention of this re-distribution of cases is to provide a consistent service with respect to processing time frames for ENS/RSMS applicants. We therefore will be moving cases involving 1700 persons out of Parramatta to Perth and Melbourne.

We wish to make the decision around the movement of cases as straight forward as possible, for reasons of cost. So the intention is that the movement of cases will be random and spread over the entire queue, i.e. not one particular month or client/agent caseload.

As these cases are currently sitting unallocated in Parramatta's queue, it is anticipated that you will become aware of a cases movement when it is allocated to a case officer in Perth or Melbourne and they write to you advising that they are the case officer.

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....) - Page 85 : British Expat Discussion Forum

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....) - Page 85 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Sounds like the information about those lodged at the paramatta office is really a great move forward ( do I sound like Gillard) I just hope mine in on the top of the pile when they get moved hee hee.

Hopefully this will mean 121 visas will start being granted again and alot of us who have been waiting what feels like ages might get some answers.

Does anyone also know if many people dont get granted 121/856 visas and if so why they wouldnt? just came to me that OMG what if its not granted.

Thanks

Guest Merlot

When I read it I thought of your application languishing under a pile of thick dust, I hope it's one that gets picked. If I'd been waiting as long as you I'd be climbing the walls by now :yellow_guy_smiling_ !!

It will be the one under all the dust and the one where the print on the pages has faded with time, the edges of the paper have gone yellow and crinkerly.

That will be mine, ill be old and grey when I get the visa and forgot I even applied for one.

Lets hope thats far from the truth.:biglaugh:

Archived