Number of applications with apply date 51

Number of applications granted 23

Average days to application grant 94.9565217391304

Total

Applications in Melbourne 8

Applications in Perth 5

Applications in Parramatta 25

Applications no office 22

Trying to get something more meaningful (average number of days by application office) but there's not enough data in the spreadsheet. Plus I'm having some problems with Google Docs formulae - give me Excel and VBA anyday!

M

wel atleast theres some movement better yhan a month ago. cant wait to get back to oz queenstown is getting quiet end of ski season. so hybrid if they processing 1stmarch visas this wk we should not hav much longer to wait. did u send in the additional info they were lookin for?

FLUFFY: hang in there we almost there and gonna b sitting on sunshine coast in no time start of queensland summer something to keep us going

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to the same "T" today that also said the 5 - 7 months timeframe. I tried to push a bit on: "How long does it take to get the nomination approved or allocated?" But that just got the exact same answer of 5 to 7 months. I am so glad that ours are the priority 1 applications and not any of the others to wait even longer. It sucks if you know people that applied ont he exact same day at Melbourne and they got theirs about 4 - 5 weeks ago.

There should be equal treatment and not this huge difference between offices.

Guest Rangerider33
I spoke to the same "T" today that also said the 5 - 7 months timeframe. I tried to push a bit on: "How long does it take to get the nomination approved or allocated?" But that just got the exact same answer of 5 to 7 months. I am so glad that ours are the priority 1 applications and not any of the others to wait even longer. It sucks if you know people that applied ont he exact same day at Melbourne and they got theirs about 4 - 5 weeks ago.

There should be equal treatment and not this huge difference between offices.

You would think they would distribute the work load a bit more evenly wouldn't you!

You would think they would distribute the work load a bit more evenly wouldn't you!

Thats a laugh isnt it, They should give you a number when you apply as to when you will be "served" and you should be able to look and see where you are in the list.

waiting "game"? .... LOL I would use other words :realmad:

Anyway think about this. You go grocery shopping at at the deli section you get a ticket saying: "you are number 456, there are 218 people in front of you". I mean, if they are able to do it at a supermarket, why can't DIAC be able to cope with such a "complicated" issue?

Omg i just posted something about/like this and hadnt seen your post ive been saying for ages why dont they have a system like this we wouldnt be so fussed about time if we knew where we stood, you dont even know if your any closer than last week at least this way you would see yourself moving down the list. I get more annoyed that they dont have a clue when you will be looked at and how many are in front. At least with the ticket/ number system you have an idea!

wel atleast theres some movement better yhan a month ago. cant wait to get back to oz queenstown is getting quiet end of ski season. so hybrid if they processing 1stmarch visas this wk we should not hav much longer to wait. did u send in the additional info they were lookin for?

FLUFFY: hang in there we almost there and gonna b sitting on sunshine coast in no time start of queensland summer something to keep us going

Hey JERRYB are you currently in the Uk or Oz, im in Oz and my current visa ends 31 of dec so im thinking if I dont get the vias before mid Nov im going to have to book at flight to the Uk for the end of Nov as flight prices will be really expensive between chirstmas and new year. Gutted il miss a massive part of the summer. I really hope I hear something by the end of Oct! When did you apply for yours? As of yesterday im at 19 weeks waiting since the application was put in.

Hey JERRYB are you currently in the Uk or Oz, im in Oz and my current visa ends 31 of dec so im thinking if I dont get the vias before mid Nov im going to have to book at flight to the Uk for the end of Nov as flight prices will be really expensive between chirstmas and new year. Gutted il miss a massive part of the summer. I really hope I hear something by the end of Oct! When did you apply for yours? As of yesterday im at 19 weeks waiting since the application was put in.

im currently in NZ since may just want it to b over and finalised now. was talkin to a mate of mine yesterday he got his ens through yester and he lodged it on 21/4 in parramatta so iv come to the conclusion its random which is kinda pi..ing me of now. i lodged my full application on 12/4 22 wks lst monday frustrated now

im currently in NZ since may just want it to b over and finalised now. was talkin to a mate of mine yesterday he got his ens through yester and he lodged it on 21/4 in parramatta so iv come to the conclusion its random which is kinda pi..ing me of now. i lodged my full application on 12/4 22 wks lst monday frustrated now

Thats so annoying for you! Im just a week after your mate but then again mine will prob be after christmas.

Yeah I dont like how they can pick and choose I want to ring all the time but worry they might put a note on mine saying dont look at for ages as she rings loads! My nomination was approved in Jan so its not like they have to do that just the actual application so annoying! I dont know if id do this visa thing again, it really messes you up.

I'm going to stop searching stuff cause it's frustrating, i know i've only been waiting 2 months but i got an email from NSW.PSE.IMMI after i query'd the time frame for the nomination and looking through the info it says

"HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DECIDE THE NOMINATION?

This depends largely on the completeness of the nomination at time of lodgement and whether

the decision maker needs to obtain further information. The Business Centre aims to assess

complete applications within four weeks of lodgement. Incomplete applications can take

much longer and may be refused."

This is old but why are they still sending it out as it set's peoples expectations with unrealisitic timeframes! :-(

I'm going to stop searching stuff cause it's frustrating, i know i've only been waiting 2 months but i got an email from NSW.PSE.IMMI after i query'd the time frame for the nomination and looking through the info it says

"HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DECIDE THE NOMINATION?

This depends largely on the completeness of the nomination at time of lodgement and whether

the decision maker needs to obtain further information. The Business Centre aims to assess

complete applications within four weeks of lodgement. Incomplete applications can take

much longer and may be refused."

This is old but why are they still sending it out as it set's peoples expectations with unrealisitic timeframes! :-(

They always just send the same bumff, they really dont have a clue on time frames its very annoying ive been waiting for ages and still they dont give you any better time frames when I applied it was 6-8weeks for the application now its 6-8 months I just dont understand.

I must be lucky sent application to parrammatta 30th august heard from a case officer this week she said " I just need yr 815 form I have everything else so once received I will be able to make a final decision" she didnt elaberate on final decision.

had confirmation last night she had received form but is now off for the

weekend :cool: first time I have ever said Roll on monday

To those that are waiting really hope it happens soon x

Hey All. Just heard from one of my south african mates who applied for their PR mid April that their approval came through this morning. Maybe there's a bit of momemtun happening. Hopefully this will be a great finish to a slow week.

I guess the more they approve, hopefully the sooner they'll get to the bottom of the pile (where my application is covered in dust and cobwebs)

Guest annaferd

I totally shared the frustrations of everyone here!! I am only 6 weeks into that waiting game and having your life in limbo is so annoying! My husband and I want to have a baby but we thought to wait for the visa approval, which will put us in a better situation and this stressful situation is not ideal at all to plan for a family!! So, now I just dont know when its going to happen.

What I don't understand with the Australian Immigration department is their unwillingness to give information. They do ask for a lot of information when lodging any type of visa, which is perfectly right since they need to know whether the people they are letting in are genuine enough and are who they say they are. But in return the least they could do is keep each applicant informed as well. With the ENS application, you cannot track your application progress online and like someone mentioned earlier on this forum, a ticket number would have been so much better and put everyone's mind at rest! Not knowing at what stage your application is, whether its still sitting at the reception desk or is on a case officer's desk who is on leave, is beyond annoyance and frustration.

You cannot tell your employer when you will be getting that piece of paper or let anyone else know. If we had something like : your application is in group A and you are number 1300 in the queue and there are 5 CO working on applications in that group, and have an online system to watch your progress in the queue.

What the immigration department needs is some big process improvement methodologies and set KPI for CO. If they had the decency of informing people better than the " we don't know yet..maybe 7 to 9 months"!, we wouldnt be speculating here and ranting each day! Having said that, maybe the COs are not to blame but those who manage the whole thing!

Guest annaferd

And another thing, one of my colleagues, got his visa approved 1 month before his MA or him was informed of the decision!! Apparently the CO sent the confirmation letter to the wrong email address! can you believe that!!

Guest annaferd

I thought I would share this info which is on another thread:

"Timeline:

Aug. 03, 2010 - Application was lodge

Aug. 05, 2010 - Acknowledgement letter received (with bridging visa and eligibility for medicare)

Sept. 03, 2010 - Visa Grant :)

Problem Solved!.. :)

good luck to all who applied!"

the user is gwenn and is a structural engineer. So does that mean they are prioritising by professions as well?

Submitted: 10/03/2010

Visa: 856

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Medicals sent simultaneously: Yes

Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

Office: Parramatta

Apparently they have not even processed the employer nomination yet. GASP.

robbie how u hanging in there? have u got any notification yet?? once it comes it wil b worth it hang in there

And another thing, one of my colleagues, got his visa approved 1 month before his MA or him was informed of the decision!! Apparently the CO sent the confirmation letter to the wrong email address! can you believe that!!

You have to be joking! That is so bad! They dont know whats going on they are telling people that they are currenlty working on applications from the 1st week of March but yet at least 2 people on this thread who lodged at the end of April have had their application granted or its currently being lookied at so I dont think they really know whats going on. They also seem to pick and choose which appliaction they want to process as some from Feb still havent been granted but yet people in March around April have had theirs granted the whole process doesnt really work! Im getting so frustrated with the whole thing. Im finding I dont know what to do from one day to the next. As im currently in Oz and applied for a 121 its getting so close to the end of my current visa, we are renting a house we have a pet we have stuff we want to buy but dont know if were going to have to leave for a few months until it is granted. I understand immi gets alot of application but the e mail says that my application is one which looks like I would be able to get a visa so I dont know why I didnt then get a number of where I am in the queue. It doesnt even bother me that people who are nurses and doctors get to jump the queue I just want to know where I am! I thought waiting the 6-8 weeks that they 1st told me was going to be a long wait but now im at 19 weeks and with an apporved nomination. I feel sick every time I check the emails sick with excitement then sick with frustration when I see I dont have the all important email.

ARRHHHH!

Rant over back to waiting. :arghh::realmad::chatterbox:

how i wish i sent my application to Melbourne, if only i knew then what i know now :goofy:

i spoke with a "M" from immigration today, really nice helpful fella. He was honest and just said there's so many applications in Paramatta because they process QLD, NSW & ACT. I said my nomination applicaiton has been in 2 months and the info Immi send out say's they should have a decision in 4 weeks, he just said it's a waiting game.

He took my details, logged into the system and said my nomination is progressing "well what does that mean" he said it's being looked at but it's not been given to a CO, so it's just in a pile then???

Well i promised myself i wouldn't get frustrated but not knowing if it's going to be 5 weeks or 5 months is painful! knowing that there are people that have been waiting 6+ months scares me :-(

Guest Rangerider33
As im currently in Oz and applied for a 121 its getting so close to the end of my current visa, we are renting a house we have a pet we have stuff we want to buy but dont know if were going to have to leave for a few months until it is granted.

I have had to leave an empty house that I am still paying rent on and neighbours looking after my dog to come back to England and wait... I have been here for a month and a half nearly, just want to go home now! At least the longer you are there, the less time here!!

Guest robbie70
robbie how u hanging in there? have u got any notification yet?? once it comes it wil b worth it hang in there

Howdy, I posted a couple of weeks ago that my onomination was finally approved ... now waiting for a case officer .... shouldn't be too far.Doing a little math from other messages, they should be now around 7th of March. Mine was lodged on 11/03 ....

I have had to leave an empty house that I am still paying rent on and neighbours looking after my dog to come back to England and wait... I have been here for a month and a half nearly, just want to go home now! At least the longer you are there, the less time here!!

Yeah im worried bout this happening to me. Plus its not long until christmas then they go on their holidays and we have to wait it out even longer. They dont understand at immi all the hassel it causes when they say yeah a couple of weeks it get your visa and it ends up being months! The visa im going onto is through my partner s he will have a job when we come back but not so sure if I have to leave for a few months if I will.

Hope we both get the golden ticket soon

Guest robbie70
ROBBIE70 I feel for you Ive only just see how long you have been waiting that is crazy I cant believe you dont even have your nomination yet what are they playing at. I think they like to take our money and see us fade into a small ball of mess!

Don;t you worry. Waiting for case officer to be assigned. I now have the nomination approval.

Funny thing is that my wife and daughter are now leaving for Italy and will be back at the end of OCtober. That means no visa granted before that.

When we planned the trip we were thinking of a somehow faster processing time ...:err:

Btw, I work in market research, could be worth sending a short satisfaction survey around and then sending the results to DIAC ....

Archived