ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Don;t you worry. Waiting for case officer to be assigned. I now have the nomination approval.

Funny thing is that my wife and daughter are now leaving for Italy and will be back at the end of OCtober. That means no visa granted before that.

When we planned the trip we were thinking of a somehow faster processing time ...:err:

Btw, I work in market research, could be worth sending a short satisfaction survey around and then sending the results to DIAC ....

hey robbie how u? when did u get ur nomination approved i lodged my full application on 12/4 and apparently nomination stil not approved yet u should have ur ens fairly soon fingers crossed for u cheers

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest robbie70
hey robbie how u? when did u get ur nomination approved i lodged my full application on 12/4 and apparently nomination stil not approved yet u should have ur ens fairly soon fingers crossed for u cheers

Howdy, application lodged on 11/03 (but employer nomination and my stuff).

Nomination approved on 03/09

ONLY 6 months later.

Given their speed (sorry I cannot find an emoticon for SNAIL) your nomination should be approved early next month. Good luck.

Guest karinmccabe
Howdy, I posted a couple of weeks ago that my onomination was finally approved ... now waiting for a case officer .... shouldn't be too far.Doing a little math from other messages, they should be now around 7th of March. Mine was lodged on 11/03 ....

Hey! Lodged same day as you & also worked out that we should hopefully have an answer by the end of this week...+- 24th ... so fingers are crossed again and the "positive" mood is back in swing! Only thing now is that my hubby has been offered a job here in SA that the says is "too good to be true" and is thinking about staying :arghh: :confused: :wacko: :realmad: :arghh: :unsure: ! After all the excitement and planning and knowing that in our case, the grass IS greener on the "other side"......to me, there is no better opportunity that being offered an ENS from a wonderful company in a beautiful, SAFE Country! How the heck do i convince him that Aus is the answer?????:eek:

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a brief outline of the 121 visa. I can only find limited information. For example I presume we have to get our nomination approved then the visa process starts?? How much does it cost and what happens if we get out there and the job ends - is it another case of being given 28 days to find another nomination? Is it quite hard?

Thanks in advance :wubclub:

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a brief outline of the 121 visa. I can only find limited information. For example I presume we have to get our nomination approved then the visa process starts?? How much does it cost and what happens if we get out there and the job ends - is it another case of being given 28 days to find another nomination? Is it quite hard?

Thanks in advance :wubclub:

Hi there,

The 121 visa is an employer nominated, off shore permanent residence visa. There's 2 parts to it:

Employer nominates a position and applies to DIAC for approval and the second part is the actual visa application. As you can see from the thread,one can lodge their visa application at the same time as the application for nomination approval,or lodge it after the nomination has been approved. As far as I know,You are not tied down to your employer so if the job ends you can move to another employer with the same visa. How hard? its quite involving in terms of documents to collect and produce and then there's the "waiting game!". Here is a link for DIAC regarding fees and hope this is helpful,am sure someone on here will come along with more info:

Employer Sponsored Permanent Visa Charges

shylet

Guest guest17520

I called immi today and the lady who answered said I still don’t have a case officer but I should have had one by now and she’s not sure why I haven’t. She said she will chase up the processing dept and ask someone to call me back either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hopefully someone will call me back but I’m not holding my breath.

People are right and there's no point contacting Immigration, i got a response to my email with the same standard email. they are still stating 5 months, which evidently from here is not happening for many. what are people doing that have been waiting longer then 5 months, just sitting tight or taking action?

"The overall service standard for the finalisation of your application

(including nomination and visa) is 5 months.

There is no separate service standard for finalisation of the nomination

application. The acknowledgement letter that we send for the nomination

only refers to the fact that a case officer will contact you as soon as

possible after allocation has occurred.

Regards

Communications Team

Guest guest17520
People are right and there's no point contacting Immigration, i got a response to my email with the same standard email. they are still stating 5 months, which evidently from here is not happening for many. what are people doing that have been waiting longer then 5 months, just sitting tight or taking action?

"The overall service standard for the finalisation of your application

(including nomination and visa) is 5 months.

There is no separate service standard for finalisation of the nomination

application. The acknowledgement letter that we send for the nomination

only refers to the fact that a case officer will contact you as soon as

possible after allocation has occurred.

Regards

Communications Team

There's not much we can do other than wait. If you call in you can't speak to anyone who know's anything, you just get told different expected processing times.

Any accurate communication from DIAC about the status of our applications would be a great help but they give you nothing other than guesses.

Guest annaferd
There's not much we can do other than wait. If you call in you can't speak to anyone who know's anything, you just get told different expected processing times.

Any accurate communication from DIAC about the status of our applications would be a great help but they give you nothing other than guesses.

With so many people calling each day, I just hope the department of immigration realises how annoying and disruptive it is to them to answer all these calls and maybe they would react and try to be creative by providing some form of communication on the website, something in those lines: applications dated jan to feb 2010, remaining processing time:XXXX, applications dated mar to apr 2010, remaining processing time:ZZZZ....and that way almost everyone would know where they stand. But for that to happen there must be some kind of metrics and measurements in place.

Also the immigration website has been pretty silent lately and the Chris Bowen MP - Minister for Immigration and Citizenship website, shows the only concern is the refugees and peopl smugglers..no one seems to worry about the would be skilled migrants:arghh:

Guest robbie70

Hi all, I received an email from my migration agent today saying that

"DIAC is ready to grant your visas."

ESN 856 application lodged on 11/03

nomination approved on 03/09

case officer assigned - who knows when, but I asked my migration agent last week and nothing was on its way.

Visa technically granted today

Now guess what ... my wife and daughter just left for Italy and will be gone for 6 weeks ... LOL

So I guess it will be officially granted on the first week of November.

Interestingly it took no time to the case officer to process the application.

Guest guest17520
Hi all, I received an email from my migration agent today saying that

"DIAC is ready to grant your visas."

ESN 856 application lodged on 11/03

nomination approved on 03/09

case officer assigned - who knows when, but I asked my migration agent last week and nothing was on its way.

Visa technically granted today

Now guess what ... my wife and daughter just left for Italy and will be gone for 6 weeks ... LOL

So I guess it will be officially granted on the first week of November.

Interestingly it took no time to the case officer to process the application.

That's great news!!

You are supposed to be contacted within 2 days of being allocated a case officer with either a decision or a request for more information. It obviously doesn't take them long to check an application so I wonder why they take so long to actually get to a case officer.

Guest robbie70
That's great news!!

You are supposed to be contacted within 2 days of being allocated a case officer with either a decision or a request for more information. It obviously doesn't take them long to check an application so I wonder why they take so long to actually get to a case officer.

Correct. If I knew a case officer was on it, I would have tried to make it happen BEFORE my ladies leave .... given that they cannot grant it while they are overseas, 6 more weeks to wait. Not sure how we count that in the stats ...

Correct. If I knew a case officer was on it, I would have tried to make it happen BEFORE my ladies leave .... given that they cannot grant it while they are overseas, 6 more weeks to wait. Not sure how we count that in the stats ...

Robbie congrats have a good celebration im on 23 wks yesterday 162 days hopefully this wk anyone else got good news??

Guest calvinated
Crivens! I think mine's thru as well!

In order for your application to be finalised, you now need to make

arrangements to depart Australia.

As this is an offshore class of visa application, you must be offshore at

the time of decision.

Can you please make arrangements to depart Australia within 28 days, and

advise me of your travel plans.

I'd better get booking! Shame I went for the offshore version...

Congrats Hybrid! :biggrin:

Cheers, I think!

I'm a bit confused by it - it says I've got to be "offshore" at the time of the decision.

I need to advise them when I'm offshore so they can make the decsion - fair enough, but what if that decision is "no"?!

Any other 121s in Oz know?

I was told that they let you know when its going to be granted so they can give you time to book flights to leave.

So they sort of say its granted and is like finalised when you leave and visit an overseas Australian Embassy. Thats what ive been going on.

Guest calvinated
I was told that they let you know when its going to be granted so they can give you time to book flights to leave.

So they sort of say its granted and is like finalised when you leave and visit an overseas Australian Embassy. Thats what ive been going on.

I've been told the same as fluffy, by my MA.

Any news on your visa Fluffy?

I've been told the same as fluffy, by my MA.

Any news on your visa Fluffy?

Pah I wish, nothing! Not a bean. I applied a week after Hybird but mine is still at Parra and his was moved office, so I could still be ages off. Will be 5 months this Thursday. Gutted. :realmad:

Guest karinmccabe
pah i wish, nothing! Not a bean. I applied a week after hybird but mine is still at parra and his was moved office, so i could still be ages off. Will be 5 months this thursday. Gutted. :realmad:

hello all! Just to let you know that a case officer has been assigned to our application (21/09/2010) , and they have asked for 2 docs to be faxed through, which we will do tomorrow....so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Hope you get some news soon my first application for 856 they said arrived late and they wouldnt process I appealed as had signed paperwork to prove it arrived. they said have to re apply I finally did this on 30th August on shore was cutting it fine as was concerned would need to reapply for police checks again and medicals but all good Visa granted on 20th september am wishing you all well :cool:

hello all! Just to let you know that a case officer has been assigned to our application (21/09/2010) , and they have asked for 2 docs to be faxed through, which we will do tomorrow....so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

wow you should hopefully hear within the week then? Where did you apply and when? Good luck hopefully by the end of the week you will be having a massive party!:jiggy:

Guest caznphil
Cheers, I think!

I'm a bit confused by it - it says I've got to be "offshore" at the time of the decision.

I need to advise them when I'm offshore so they can make the decsion - fair enough, but what if that decision is "no"?!

Any other 121s in Oz know?

not that far behind me then huh??

Congratulations

Caroline

Archived