ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Anyone have any rough ideas on how long the ENS visas are taking? Our nomination was bloody approved in Jan 2010 and our application was sent in early May, is 17 weeks too long since the application or am I being impatient? I feel like Im slowly going crazy.

Has anyone had any luck in the last few weeks with getting visas? Or some sign that they might get it soon.

Thanx

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some calcs based on robbie70's info:

A previous post said that on 17/08 they were processing applications lodged on 21/01. This means they are 208 days behind. If on 30/08 they are processing 17/02 then they are 194 days behind.

That means in the 13 days between those dates, they have improved the rate at which they catch up by two weeks - for every day of processing they catch up by 1.07 days - the rate of change.

If we assume they continue catching up at the rate of 1.07 days for every day (unlikely!) then we can work out the day when they still start processing on :

DateLodge Date

31-Aug 19-Feb

01-Sep 21-Feb

02-Sep 23-Feb

03-Sep 25-Feb

04-Sep 27-Feb

05-Sep 01-Mar

06-Sep 03-Mar

07-Sep 05-Mar

08-Sep 07-Mar

09-Sep 09-Mar

10-Sep 11-Mar

11-Sep 13-Mar

12-Sep 16-Mar

13-Sep 18-Mar

14-Sep 20-Mar

15-Sep 22-Mar

16-Sep 24-Mar

17-Sep 26-Mar

18-Sep 28-Mar

19-Sep 30-Mar

20-Sep 01-Apr

21-Sep 03-Apr

22-Sep 05-Apr

23-Sep 07-Apr

24-Sep 09-Apr

25-Sep 12-Apr

26-Sep 14-Apr

27-Sep 16-Apr

28-Sep 18-Apr

29-Sep 20-Apr

30-Sep 22-Apr

01-Oct 24-Apr

02-Oct 26-Apr

03-Oct 28-Apr

04-Oct 30-Apr

Wishful thinking! :laugh:

I hope your correct that will mean Il get mine sometime mid Oct which will be about 22 since our application!

Guest karinmccabe
Anyone have any rough ideas on how long the ENS visas are taking? Our nomination was bloody approved in Jan 2010 and our application was sent in early May, is 17 weeks too long since the application or am I being impatient? I feel like Im slowly going crazy.

Has anyone had any luck in the last few weeks with getting visas? Or some sign that they might get it soon.

Thanx

Hey Fluffy! Our Nomination was approved on the 03/09/2010 after 25 weeks waiting (we applied at the Parramatta with all forms submitted same time)...our immigration agent says it shouldn't be long now - but the CO that is assigned to the nomination is not the same CO for the ENS application....best thing is to stay positive and know that we should be there by Christmas! :eek: If i hear anything further, i will let you know! cheers for now, Karin

Hey Fluffy! Our Nomination was approved on the 03/09/2010 after 25 weeks waiting (we applied at the Parramatta with all forms submitted same time)...our immigration agent says it shouldn't be long now - but the CO that is assigned to the nomination is not the same CO for the ENS application....best thing is to stay positive and know that we should be there by Christmas! :eek: If i hear anything further, i will let you know! cheers for now, Karin

Unfortunalty we applied at Paramatta too, we submitted all form and checks. Hoping that it comes soon as Im currently in Oz and my visa will end soon.

Good luck with yours.

Guest guest17520

Thanx

My nomination was approved on the 20th May and my application went in on the 31st March and I'm still waiting. Don't worry, there are people waiting longer than you, I know it's frustrating but all we can do is wait.

:SLEEP:

Guest karinmccabe
Just called DIAC...

My application has been moved from Parra to Perth on 13/08 - no notification though.

The agent couldn't tell me if it's with a CO or a team leader - but seem to think it's with someone (being looked at?!)

Also, mentioned that the SLA is 2 months for nominations and 6 months for applications FROM the time a CO is appointed! :shocked:

Just received this email from our Immigration agent : :arghh:

I have a further update from DIAC - they are currently processing visa

applications for 18 February 2010.

Guest karinmccabe
Is that Perth or Parra?

Somebody else on here mentioned that Parra is currently doing early March???

Hi...at Parramatta....submitted all docs together on the 11/03/2010 and had nomination approved last friday (03/09/2010)...then received email from Immi Agent this morning saying he received notice saying they are processing Feb....soooooooooo frustrating - have no idea now how much longer this will all be - when i heard that the nomination was approved on Friday i was soooooooooooo excited - now total opposite again!!! :frown:

Guest monster

I've heard that Perth have backlogs as well. I'm just wondering why they didn't sent the paramatta applications to Melbourne as they can process ENS in 30days. I reckon melb has fewer applications on hand.

I've read the other thread of ENS and most of them submitted theirs in Melb that's why after 30days of waiting they now have the PR.

Guest karinmccabe
I've heard that Perth have backlogs as well. I'm just wondering why they didn't sent the paramatta applications to Melbourne as they can process ENS in 30days. I reckon melb has fewer applications on hand.

I've read the other thread of ENS and most of them submitted theirs in Melb that's why after 30days of waiting they now have the PR.

1700 applications were sent to perth & melbourne from the Parramatta office to try and alleviate some of the backlog - but doesn't seem to have made much of a difference anyway....:unsure:

Guest Clare&Jon

another 856 granted!!! got our confirmation email this morning - still can't quite believe it and finding it hard to concentrate on work! took just over 6 weeks at the Melbourne office. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting - hope your time comes soon!

Guest calvinated
Just called DIAC...

My application has been moved from Parra to Perth on 13/08 - no notification though.

The agent couldn't tell me if it's with a CO or a team leader - but seem to think it's with someone (being looked at?!)

Also, mentioned that the SLA is 2 months for nominations and 6 months for applications FROM the time a CO is appointed! :shocked:

Did you say 2 months for Nomination approval???

Its been almost 4months and i haven't heard a thing :arghh:

Guest wazza37

I've resided myself to the fact this is going to be a long drawn out process. However, the only thing that gives me some hope is to see other getting the golden ticket - and even that's not happening these days.

PLEASE - PLEASE - Can anyone give us something to celebrate or cheer about this week. Not too optimistic as its already Thursday.

:skeptical::cry:

Ok Jealous isnt the word!!

Your so lucky! Im at 18 weeks after nomination has been approved.

I cant believe parra is so so slow, I dont understand how they can be so slow or why each month they dont get some transfered to those with less work, this is pure craziness!

I hope the move will help people like me who are still waiting.

I thought once the nomination was done it was smooth sailing but ive been caught in a storm!

I guess they still cant give any ideas of time to people, I hate that they dont even have an order it seems to be luck of the draw, not like they work down a list.

I only have two months until my visa is up and I have to leave and wait in the Uk which sucks as Ive been here 2 years.

The waiting continues

Guest calvinated

Hey Hybrid,

I applied for a 121 as I already a 176 application lodged in mar 2008.

My MA has only just submitted my 121 Visa application this week (Still waiting for an acknowledgement from DIAC). We were kinda hoping to get the nomination approval before lodging the visa application, but as it seemed like nothing was moving on that front, we decided to put in the second half of the application.

Been here almost 6 years now, and I can't believe I'm still playing the visa game! sucks sucks sucks!

Guest calvinated

Yea, I did save the $2500, mainly cause I did not think there was a difference in the processing times of an 856 and 121.

So now that your application is in Perth, I'm guessing it much closer to a case officer.

I wish I knew where mine was!

So you're saving the $2,500 as well? Can't say I blame you.

I gambled a bit - I was back in the UK six weeks ago and was hoping it would be through by then. Still, as least I'll have a nice holiday when (if!) it comes through.

I think fluffy did a 121 too - maybe we should all go on a massive holiday bender to celebrate! :jiggy:

Apart from that, I think the general feeling that the best place to lodge you application is Melbourne!

Yes I think a bender is definalty in order! Once we get the bloody visas. Im hoping I can find out fine mine has been sent to Melbourne I really hope so if its only taking them 6 weeks or so.

Guest karinmccabe
another 856 granted!!! got our confirmation email this morning - still can't quite believe it and finding it hard to concentrate on work! took just over 6 weeks at the Melbourne office. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting - hope your time comes soon!

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your future! Hold thumbs for us that ours is approved soon! :daydreaming:

Guest karinmccabe
Number of weeks seems to the hot topic!

Just added column R on the spreadsheet:

http://bit.ly/121-856VisaTimelines

Will show the number of weeks waiting. Can't beleive I'm on 19! I'm right behind you jerryb, I'm watching you closely :rolleyes:

...hello hybrid...can you add column for average days waiting from nomination approval to visa approval?

Guest monster

congrats!!!...Is it possible to pull out submitted 856 nomination papers to Perth office and send it to Melbourne for processing? I'm willing to pay extra $550 for the nomination fee if they can finish my PR in 6weeks. Mine was submitted 2weeks ago in perth.

...hello hybrid...can you add column for average days waiting from nomination approval to visa approval?

hey hybrid yeah we should be fairly close fingers crossed. iv got no notification my nomination is approved but following this site most ppl didnt get notification theirs was approved til their visa came through. is their any word on speeding up the process when some visas were transferred. cant wait to get back to oz n crack open a carton of extra dry! cheers

monster i think u would hav to pay the full amount again as i had a 856 lodged a got messed round by former employer and i had to find another employer for the 121 so it prob wil cost u the same as me

hey guys would anyone be able to answer this Q my meds r gone over 12 mths since 24/7/10 would they make me do new ones r wil they make allowances for processing taking so long? cheers guys

Guest guest17520
hey guys would anyone be able to answer this Q my meds r gone over 12 mths since 24/7/10 would they make me do new ones r wil they make allowances for processing taking so long? cheers guys

I would also like to know this as I did mine back in September 2009. Also I did my police checks at the same time.

Guest calvinated
Strewth...

Can't believe it... My agent got an email asking for the only outstanding piece of information for my application. "Once provided, I should make plans to leave Australia for a subclass 121 to be granted" :swoon:

The boss is off until Monday as well!

I assume from this that the nomination was approved - I'll ask his PA if she received anything...

It's not there yet, but feel it's close. Bender is on hold until I have the .PDF doco in my hand!

oooh fantastic! Will keep my fingers crossed for ya :)

Archived