ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jerryb

hi fluffy how u hanging in there? stil no news of my 121. do they contact the person to say when nomination has been approved does anyone know mine is lodged 20 wks tomo. i looked in the mirror this morn back in oz from NZ to c my GF and had a S>IT attack iv got alot of grey hairs since i started visa wil we be able to charge DIAC for hair dye ha ha

hi fluffy how u hanging in there? stil no news of my 121. do they contact the person to say when nomination has been approved does anyone know mine is lodged 20 wks tomo. i looked in the mirror this morn back in oz from NZ to c my GF and had a S>IT attack iv got alot of grey hairs since i started visa wil we be able to charge DIAC for hair dye ha ha

Still waiting, no suprise there, think ill have a heart attack when I get mine. The employer will get an email to say the nomination has been approved not 100% sure that the person being nominated does depends what info your employer gave when they applied.

Im now at 17 weeks since we put the application in and all after the nomination has been approved.

Im suprised you havent even heard about your nomination after 20 weeks mine was like 8 weeks or so and over christmas.

Good luck

Guest karinmccabe
Number of weeks seems to the hot topic!

Just added column R on the spreadsheet:

http://bit.ly/121-856VisaTimelines

Will show the number of weeks waiting. Can't beleive I'm on 19! I'm right behind you jerryb, I'm watching you closely :rolleyes:

Hi - Just wandered if you could add the following info onto the spreadsheet for me: Nomination & application submitted together for Bench Toolmaker. (I think we fall under "high risk" (South Africa))

Thanks a mil! The spreadsheet is a super idea! :hug:

Guest man2010
Still waiting, no suprise there, think ill have a heart attack when I get mine. The employer will get an email to say the nomination has been approved not 100% sure that the person being nominated does depends what info your employer gave when they applied.

Im now at 17 weeks since we put the application in and all after the nomination has been approved.

Im suprised you havent even heard about your nomination after 20 weeks mine was like 8 weeks or so and over christmas.

Good luck

I think they notify your employer, I didn't know the nomination was approved until I got my visa approved; so I assumed my employer was notified earlier.

hang in there Fluffy and Jerryb! You'll soon get it. Am surprised though that it should take so long but I think it shouldn't go longer than 24 weeks cos that's how long the nomination is valid I think:unsure:

Guest man2010
Hi All,

Well i have good news!!!

APPROVED TODAY!!!!!!

Hubby got the email this morning approving our 856

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

I think they notify your employer, I didn't know the nomination was approved until I got my visa approved; so I assumed my employer was notified earlier.

hang in there Fluffy and Jerryb! You'll soon get it. Am surprised though that it should take so long but I think it shouldn't go longer than 24 weeks cos that's how long the nomination is valid I think:unsure:

We didn't get anything to say the nomination had been approved nor did the employer, we just both had the fee's taken out of our accounts and next thing we heard was an email from immigration with a grant of visa, so fingers crossed same happens for you.

2 days ago we didn't even think the nomination had been approved yet and yesterday just out of no-where an email with a grant of visa

What the nomination is only vaild for a certain lenght of time OMG!!! our nomination was approved mid Jan!!!! we are still waiting for the visa.

Is the nomination really only valid for 24 weeks!!!! I hope not.

Guest man2010
What the nomination is only vaild for a certain lenght of time OMG!!! our nomination was approved mid Jan!!!! we are still waiting for the visa.

Is the nomination really only valid for 24 weeks!!!! I hope not.

now I could be wrong and am sure someone will soon come along and set the record straight! I was informed by my employer the nomination is for six months,check with DIAC to be sure.:unsure:

now I could be wrong and am sure someone will soon come along and set the record straight! I was informed by my employer the nomination is for six months,check with DIAC to be sure.:unsure:

From IMMI site

Note: The nomination must be approved before the visa can be granted. The nomination application should be lodged before or at the same time as the visa application. If the nomination application is lodged first, the visa application must be lodged within six months of the nomination approval date.

Validity periods

The validity period of the nomination approval is six months. This visa is permanent.

Crap crap crap, I better call them see if they can help.

Thanx

ok so now im confused, it says once the nomination is granted that yo need to lodge the visa application within 6 months from the date the nomination is approved, which we did, its not my fault they have took so long to grant the visa, we did apply within the 6 months time frame we just havent got the visa granted in that time.

ARHHHHHH now im getting even more confused and crazy!!!:arghh:

Hey Fluffy,

I dont think you need to panic, i think that just means that you have 6 months after nomination approval to get your application into immigration.Although that's just how i have understood it. Otherwise they would have had to approve your visa by now or refund your money surely? Cheryl.

Guest man2010
ok so now im confused, it says once the nomination is granted that yo need to lodge the visa application within 6 months from the date the nomination is approved, which we did, its not my fault they have took so long to grant the visa, we did apply within the 6 months time frame we just havent got the visa granted in that time.

ARHHHHHH now im getting even more confused and crazy!!!:arghh:

Hey Fluffy,

I dont think you need to panic, i think that just means that you have 6 months after nomination approval to get your application into immigration.Although that's just how i have understood it. Otherwise they would have had to approve your visa by now or refund your money surely? Cheryl.

I don't think you should panic. I think you should check specifically about your situation. It's not your faullt the six months has elapsed, a good reason to hassle DIAC!

We've got no timeline stats yet but are full speed ahead with gathering all the paperwork for our Agent managed 856 application - got medicals booked for Thurs & UK police check photo's being certified & got the Money Order for the AFP checks sorted - sooooo exciting now & can't wait for it all to be lodged so I can start bloody waiting!!!

Guest robbie70

FYI that's the latest from DIAC

At the beginning of this week (W/C 30/08) , we started to allocate employer nominations lodged on the 17 February 2010 to case officers for assessment.

Mine was lodged 11/03 ... sigh ....

anyway there is this compliments and complaints office 133 177. I'll try to check there. They must answer within 10 working days.

Guest solinsyd
FYI that's the latest from DIAC

At the beginning of this week (W/C 30/08) , we started to allocate employer nominations lodged on the 17 February 2010 to case officers for assessment.

Mine was lodged 11/03 ... sigh ....

anyway there is this compliments and complaints office 133 177. I'll try to check there. They must answer within 10 working days.

Thanks for that - mine went in at the beginning of March and I've heard nothing yet either... The wait is really starting to get to me. Fingers crossed it keeps moving!

Guest karinmccabe
Thanks for that - mine went in at the beginning of March and I've heard nothing yet either... The wait is really starting to get to me. Fingers crossed it keeps moving!

Hello Everyone! Just received an email from our Immigration Agent that our ENS Company's Nomination has been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! (We sent both applications same time - 11/03/2010 at the Parramatta offices) .... Our Immigration agent says it shouldn't be much longer for the visa approval now:biglaugh:.... Things are happening!!!!! YAY!!!

Guest karinmccabe
Congrats!

Theoretically, according to the emails you should be contacted within two days with a decision on your application...

Well, the champagne is on ice .... the mind is now racing!!! Will keep you posted. :jiggy:

Guest monster

I'm just wonderin if Melbourne office can process ENS visa's in 1 month, why other offices can't do it? Most of ENS lodged in Melb was approved in less than 3months. I'm upset as ENS is still in priority 1 but it takes ages for them to finalise a nomination and to grant a visa even for 856 which are onshore applicants.

Guest robbie70
Hello Everyone! Just received an email from our Immigration Agent that our ENS Company's Nomination has been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! (We sent both applications same time - 11/03/2010 at the Parramatta offices) .... Our Immigration agent says it shouldn't be much longer for the visa approval now:biglaugh:.... Things are happening!!!!! YAY!!!

BANG BANG.

Same here. :biggrin:

Our ENS nomination has been approved on Friday 03/09. Also in my case we sent both applications at the same time on 10/03/2010 to the Parramatta offices.

Let's see now as we are a de facto couple and I lived in 4 continents and visited possibly 50 countries in the last 10 years. If they do cross-checks with the police :policeman: of all those countries it could take years ... I do not want even to think about it :goofy:

cheers man2010 on d 21wk mark 147 days cant wait for it all to b all over and big session gonna be had!!! anyone out there got any good news before we get hit by another earthquake here n NZ

Archived