ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest ddmulryan

Yea, after we were approved we got the visa a week or two after.After approval we had to get an Australian police cert coz we were in the country more than a year, (even though we gave an Irish police cert when we applied in November 09) and then they confirmed that the visa was approved literally two or three days after the certs were sent in. I can't understand why your visa would take so long. Maybe call them if you haven't already. I think that when the nomination is approved you more or less have it. Hope you get it soon.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah as we have sent in Oz police certs uk certs medicals and proof of all visas we have been on here! We had an e mail saying they were taking the money and they had received the application but as for that thats it its been 10weeks tomorrow, everytime I open my e mails I hold my breath.

I hope seeing other people getting theirs and so many of them being granted is a sign ours is soon to follow!

Guest mark&robyn

I am on 3 months now for nomination, the company emailed NSW centre of Excellence but they just got the generic email back saying 5 months for eta countries.

They have had no other correspondence other than payment conformation.

Hopefully they may hear something soon!

Good luck to all waiting!!

Guest CharlotteLIU

Hi all,

Here's a new one. My 856 nomination & visa application was submitted together on 28 June 2010. There is a long wait I suppose.

But, your posts nearly drive me crazy. Did I make it wrong? 5-7 months? Is the ENS on the 1st priority of the PR processing? Even some of the CSL, which is on the 4th priority, take only 2-3 month.

Could anyone confirm it is not a breach of the processing priority system? It's unfair that happened just because they are confronted the problem of labor shortage.

DIAC, GET MORE STAFF, PROVIDE MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES TO AUSSIE!!

Guest Merlot

Hello there, I've been reading this forum for a little while and I'd like to add our time-line to this thread.

We're going from the 457 to ENS and asking for an age exemption (over 45, under 50)

856 complete with all documents and nomination sent off on 7 July

Lodged 8 July

Email confirming receipt on 12 July stating it's classed a valid application and there's a 5 month standard processing timeframe.

Have just been going through all of our paper work and it looks like our nomination was approved on 8/3/10, we lodged our application ENS 121 with medicals police clearance etc back in may and still no word yet,, am going to get on the phone to them tonight and see if i can find anything out. I thought that once you had nomination approval the process was meant to speed up a little. Congrats to everyone else.

Cheryl.

OH's HR dept have only just given the agent the go ahead to start our application - already 12 days after our 2 year anniversary! She then phoned & kept saying this is a process in stages & we can't move to the next stage until each one's complete - oh & that from submission she reckons 3 months for ENS then another 5 for the rest :-(

Ive just rang immi, explained that my nomination has been approved and since then Ive been waiting 10weeks, they said I may still have to wait at least 2 more months for the Parammatta office as there is a back log and with the changes made as of the 1st of July it affects the offices and how they process! Arhhh my current visa ends in like 4weeks, Thinking Im not likely to get it before then. Pants!

Fluffy

:arghh:

Guest CharlotteLIU
Ive just rang immi, explained that my nomination has been approved and since then Ive been waiting 10weeks, they said I may still have to wait at least 2 more months for the Parammatta office as there is a back log and with the changes made as of the 1st of July it affects the offices and how they process! Arhhh my current visa ends in like 4weeks, Thinking Im not likely to get it before then. Pants!

Fluffy

Why this happened? Is the ENS on the first priority? Did I make it wrong? confusing

Fluffy

You'll be granted a bridging visa to take up the time in between, whit which you can claim back school fees, register for full on Medicare rights and all that mallarky. If anyone knows different I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge, but that's my understanding. Reading through this thread I'm thinking we were a/hole lucky to get ours so soon, good luck with it all

Steve

Guest Merlot

Ditto the above, even though we don't need a bridging visa it looks like we were automatically granted one when our application was receipted. (it said so in the email)

As for registering for full Medicare I must get on and do that. Is the DIAC receipt all I need to do it Illawaralad?

Ditto the above, even though we don't need a bridging visa it looks like we were automatically granted one when our application was receipted. (it said so in the email)

As for registering for full Medicare I must get on and do that. Is the DIAC receipt all I need to do it Illawaralad?

As long as you've actually got the bridging visa, which will only be granted once your previous visa has expired. We didn't get a bridging visa as our 457 still had 3 years to run. They won't give you anything just for lodging the application as we found out, the rotten buggers lol. I found it a little odd that in essence you only get rewarded with PR entitlements if you've let your current visa run out. We sent it all off and because our visa was still current we got told to do one.

Guest PommyRach

Just found out my NOM was approved on 05.05 - 2 months after my descion ready app was lodged. I forgotten who updates the spreadsheet - but could you please?

Probably another month or 2 to go! Could even be longer now. At least something has been done!

Guest caznphil

Fluffy

What changes on July the 1st... hyperventilating...panic...panic :shocked::shocked::shocked:

You'll be granted a bridging visa to take up the time in between, whit which you can claim back school fees, register for full on Medicare rights and all that mallarky. If anyone knows different I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge, but that's my understanding. Reading through this thread I'm thinking we were a/hole lucky to get ours so soon, good luck with it all

Steve

If only I wont get a bridging visa as I have applied for a 121 offshore visa even though we have been here 2 years as my O/H hasnt been in the same job for 2 years he would of had to do a two year work assesment.

I really dont know if I should book a flight to the Uk yet or wait til the last min as we might get the visa before mine ends meaning we would only fly to NZ to be "offshore"

ENS is meant to be top priority but i just dont know.

What changes on July the 1st... hyperventilating...panic...panic :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Not sure what the changes were exactly but ENS is still MEANT to be the 1st visas granted!

Hopefully they get through this back log soon, maybe they could employ me, Ill help them get through it and they wont even have to pay me!

Guest caznphil
Not sure what the changes were exactly but ENS is still MEANT to be the 1st visas granted!

Hopefully they get through this back log soon, maybe they could employ me, Ill help them get through it and they wont even have to pay me!

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: so fed up of the changes..... and waiting :arghh:

Tell me about it I check my emails everyday, just to be disappointed with nothing from immi.

I feel like I have been waiting so so long now and still I dont even have a case officer, my application has everything they need, all meds, police checks everything.

O well nothing I can do to make it come any faster just have to wait I guess.

:jiggy:

Guest gardenboy

I am now almost at the six month stage waiting for a response. As i am applying from the uk it is impossible to get anything other than the automated response, which no longer applies in my case. The statement that they will get a conclusion within 5 months has no meaning at all. Out of interest what is the longest anyone has ever waited for an offshore ENS approval. The job has been approved, but not my part, and as I say, it is now day 171 and counting. Any ideas of any other ways to conact immi other than the standarad email, if you're outside Oz? All help/ideas appreciated........

Guest gardenboy

Yes the nomination has been apporved, the employer section approved and I do have a permission request ID, but I just get the automated response and nothing more, so it becomes a bit pointless almost sending the email.

Guest gardenboy

Nomination was approved on the 27th April. Is there a number to call DIAC from outside of Oz, as the local number only works in-country. I have tried various ways, including calling and emailing the guy who approved the nomination. He sent an email and then had to retract his help, saying there was a huge backlog from January applicants.

Guest gardenboy

My application is lodged at the Parammatta office, but I'll try that central number. Many thanks for that.

Guest guest17520

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who is fed up with waiting, I just wish I could get my visa now!

I did my police checks and medicals back in September 2009, does anyone know if I'll have to get them done again?

Guest caznphil

i think the police checks are six months and the medicals one year although i cant veryfy that anywhere other than other sites.... my police check is now 8 months old, medicals were sent off in April so have breathing space there....

Lets hope your visa comes through very soon.

x

Archived