ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest guest17520

Today I spoke to the lady who approved my employers nomination but she told me she won't be the person who approves my application.

She also said I don't have a CO yet and it will take between 5 - 7 months from the date I lodged my application (29th March 2010).

Still got 2 - 4 months left for me :sad:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is our timeline-

nomination sent- 10 June 2010

visa app sent- 10 June 2010

everything has been frontloaded with the app.

We've lodged with parramatta and were onshore. Hubbys a panel beater and we've been in oz for 2 years!

Ok, are we looking at Jan next year? You think they'll chane their system like the other states? Were desperate for PR

Guest gemini06hot

Hi Guys,

just wanted to share the good news. Got a call this morning from migration agent, ITS APPROVED, phewwwww been a long wait.

goodluck to all of you

submitted 856 21/01/10 with medicals and Police clearance

Nomination approved 20/04/10

PR granted 07/07/10

YAYYYYYYYY

Guest PommyRach
Hi Guys,

just wanted to share the good news. Got a call this morning from migration agent, ITS APPROVED, phewwwww been a long wait.

goodluck to all of you

submitted 856 21/01/10 with medicals and Police clearance

Nomination approved 20/04/10

PR granted 07/07/10

YAYYYYYYYY

congrats - you de:notworthy:serve it after that wait!

Guest murronanddj

Hi all, The wait is over PR visa grnated 6th of July. im still pinching myself!

My completed time line (apart from the minor issue of a house sale and actually getting there)

Submitted: 08/06/2010 (application fee deducted 08/06/2010)

Visa: 121

Nomination approved Dec 2009

Medicals sent simultaneously: Yes

Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

Perth office

Midwife

ASCO 2324-11

UK

sent for initial assesment to case officer on 11/06/2010

further information requested by case officer 25/06/2010 (further info emailed 28/06/2010

PR visa granted 06/07/2010

Suzanne x

Good luck to everyone who is waiting I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Hi all,

I've just started the process for the ENS 121, seeing as nothing much is coming out of my 176 application lodged in Mar 2008!:arghh:

Currently in Australia on a 457 and we've just lodged the nomination application on 17th May at Paramatta.

A bit worried as its a very small company, but I've been with them for 4 years now, and the business has been doing pretty well. Fingers crossed!

Good luck all :smile:

hi mate, I lodged my 785 application to Sydney office on 12 MAY 2010. Haven't heard anything yet .......my agent told me that a case officer has been allocated ......have u heard anything about your application?

Regards

Guest gemini06hot

I was allocated a CO on the 26th of June. I wasnt even aware of it. they didnt send any email saying that i was allocated a CO.

No, they didnt ask for any further info.

Goodluck to you all

Very early stages for us - OH's HR department have given the Agent the go ahead to proceed with the 856 application after being here for two years on the 457!!

Will update with concrete details as we get them - but very excited now!!!!

Very early stages for us - OH's HR department have given the Agent the go ahead to proceed with the 856 application after being here for two years on the 457!!

Will update with concrete details as we get them - but very excited now!!!!

Very best of luck to ya for a speedy resolution, mine took 5 weeks from application, I hope yours is as quick.

It's a great feeling when it does happen tho, like the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders, got my fingers crossed for ya

Guest calvinated
hi mate, I lodged my 785 application to Sydney office on 12 MAY 2010. Haven't heard anything yet .......my agent told me that a case officer has been allocated ......have u heard anything about your application?

Regards

Have heard nothing so far :(

Congrats to those who have just got thier visas, Lucky you!

Seems like a few are being granted since the new tax year!

I swear they have lost mine hee hee.

We had our nomination approved in Jan and then sent off the visa application on May the 4th they have sent an email to confirm payment on the 5th of May and not heard a thing since, we sent medical, police checks and everything with the application. Hopefully not much more waiting for me.

Good luck to the rest of us still waiting.:wub:

Very best of luck to ya for a speedy resolution, mine took 5 weeks from application, I hope yours is as quick.

It's a great feeling when it does happen tho, like the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders, got my fingers crossed for ya

Ooh - 5 weeks would be fab! OH is a Mechanical Engineer & company has loads of sponsored staff from all round the world already so hoping it's not too complex an application!

Guest jimi

Hi

The long wait is FINALLY over!!! PR granted on 07/07/2010...only 9 months has passed since even considering moving to Australia!!!!!

HUGE thank you to my migration agent, ,John Mumford from Visa Unit, who made the whole process very easy and stress free. I now have the best job working in the Surfing Industry and living on the Gold Coast....long way from running surf schools in the Channel Islands :-)

Submitted: 05/05/2010

Visa: 856

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Nomination approval received on 29th June 2010...permanent residency granted 7th July 2010

Good luck to everyone else, and if you need help give Visa Unit a call!!!!!!!!

Jim :yes:

Guest karinmccabe
just rang Parramatta office (Applied for 121/856 16 Feb 2010 through an agent, employer nomination approved 31 May) - the current processing time is AN ADDITIONAL 7 MONTHS!!!!! and that's after the nomination has come through.

'We are very busy'. Really?

Know exactly how you feel...we submitted our ENS Subclass 121 on the 11/03/2010 and STILL no C.O assigned or anything....our sponsoring employer is waiting for my hubby to start work, so it's sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. ENS was supposed to be the fastest way to obtain a VISA...so much for that. :arghh:

Just the other day I read it was 3 months on once the nomination had been approved then it was 5 months now 7 months, im actually going to cry I feel like the visa is getting further and further away from me!:arghh::arghh::arghh: this arhh head doesnt even begin to show how I feel!

Guest lovekan
Just the other day I read it was 3 months on once the nomination had been approved then it was 5 months now 7 months, im actually going to cry I feel like the visa is getting further and further away from me!:arghh::arghh::arghh: this arhh head doesnt even begin to show how I feel!

i filed my nomination and visa together on 6th may.

got nomination approved on 12th may

send medicals simultaneously

still waiting

yest my employer called my co and she said my file has been assessed and she will get back to him today and let him know if she needs anything more and the status, but i have not received any calls yet...

its stressfull the whole process, i am checking my bosses office every 10 minds to see whether he is spaeking to anyone OMG its driving me crazy:Randy-git:

Guest anke67

:biggrin: I made it! Just after my agent as well as Parramatta office told me it would be another 7 months after the employer nomination had been granted, I received my grant via email today :jiggy:

So, timeline: applied for 121 on 16 Feb 2010, 856 on 17 Feb 2010 through an agent (I don't know why she spaced it a day apart) - all docs and health check included.

121 granted 31 May 2010

856 granted 7 July 2010 (but only received today - who cares ?:wub:

Yeehaw!

ETA: I have been hanging in here on different visa for 9.5 years. Finally! Also, as I've been looking for some health check info when I applied: I'm obese (BMI 35.4 when I had the health check done), but had no major health problems, eg no diabetes, blood pressure on the low end, no heart problems. Hope that helps! Good luck to everyone waiting - looks like they do get a move on !

:biggrin: I made it! Just after my agent as well as Parramatta office told me it would be another 7 months after the employer nomination had been granted, I received my grant via email today :jiggy:

So, timeline: applied for 121 on 16 Feb 2010, 856 on 17 Feb 2010 through an agent (I don't know why she spaced it a day apart) - all docs and health check included.

121 granted 31 May 2010

856 granted 7 July 2010 (but only received today - who cares ?:wub:

Yeehaw!

ETA: I have been hanging in here on different visa for 9.5 years. Finally! Also, as I've been looking for some health check info when I applied: I'm obese (BMI 35.4 when I had the health check done), but had no major health problems, eg no diabetes, blood pressure on the low end, no heart problems. Hope that helps! Good luck to everyone waiting - looks like they do get a move on !

Congrats I thought being here for 2 years on a few different visas was bad enough. Everytime I wait for my inbox to show my messages I feel so sick.

Hopefully all these grants mean they are getting through them fairly quickly.

Guest xr3lie

Hi

Nomination Approval: 28/01/2010

Acknowledgment of Receipt: 14/05/2010 (Payment taken same day)

Visa: 856/121

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Nominated Position: Engineer Electrical

ASCO Code:2125-11

No case officer assigned as of yet!

Frustrating!! How long will this take? :goofy:

Guest ddmulryan

Both of us (me and partner) got the visa approved on 7th June.:smile: Sorry bout only getting back to you now.

Guest Mikekat

Just got in from a hard day at work - Hubbie opened his email - and said 'Oh dear we have a problem'!!!!!!! :chatterbox:

With panic settting in fast, I raced to see what he was referring to and...........

OUR VISA WAS GRANTED TODAY !!!!!!:biglaugh:

We are so pleased and relieved that it all went smoothly, and form filling was done correctly - despite the copious amounts of wine drunk to calm all the nerves.

Hopefully everyone else will get theirs soon too.

Guest ddmulryan

Had to get a waiver of experience. Then the case officer questioned whether the application was applied for under the correct job description. So had to provide more evidence to prove that. Then the case officer went on holidays for a few weeks!

Archived