ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest GodSaveOz

Congrats mate... you are definitely luckier than all of us.

May we all know what profession was it applied for? I think that also makes a difference as it seems they have run out of quota for IT guys at the moment.

Regards

Mine was lodged at Parramatta, from what I've heard they're always the slowest, but not sure about that now obviously.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats mate... you are definitely luckier than all of us.

May we all know what profession was it applied for? I think that also makes a difference as it seems they have run out of quota for IT guys at the moment.

Regards

Certainly, Basically I build railways in NSW, plus other states for private companies and state rail.

Hello people, my O/Hs 121 ens visa has been under application for a little over 6 weeks now, Im currently in Australia on a working hoilday visa along with my partner my visa ends in aug which is about 6 weeks away.

I just wanted to know if anyone thought id get my visa before then? We are hoping to just pop over to NZ once its granted but I may have to go back to the Uk if its not granted before my current visas ends, I dont know if it makes any difference but we applied at the paramatt office with all of our information including the nomination approval. the visa is a 121 ens under fabricator and welder tradesperson.

Any advise or info would be great.

Thanking you.

Fluff :eek:

Guest jerryb

QUESTION? if your on a working holiday visa why did you apply for a 121 when you could have applied for a onshore 856 which then allows you to get a bridging visa until decission is made

We did it this way as we were told that the onshore would mean my o/h would have to do a 2 year work training to get an australian qualification.

We have been out here on 3 different visas over 2 years due to my o/h being made redundant twice on 457 visas so we wanted to try get a perm visa so we dont have the worry all the time.

Not sure we have chose the best path but at the time it seemed like it was.

Guest jerryb

i know what u mean i lodged a 175 skilled visa jan 09 as i was told i would hav it within 6 mths but immigration changed the rules and froze skilled visas(175) so i went for a 856 which gave me a bridgin visa last july but my employer pulled out of it and left me severely out of pocket with professional fees and visa fees so i was able to find another employer worked with them till i had to leave oz and they agreed to nominate me so fingers crossed it comes through fast for both of us best of luck

Guest karinmccabe
Hello,

The old ENS timeline thread was a bit off topic and out of date. Here's a new one.

Submitted: 22/04/2010

Visa: 121

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Medicals sent simultaneously: Yes

Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

Obviously early days yet...:SLEEP:

We submitted our ENS 121 to Parammatta offices on the 11th March 2010 with still no C.O assigned - 106 days later :arghh: ... Extremely frustrating! Have been told should have an answer by the 1st of July - but which year, i have no idea :eek:. Will keep you posted regarding our progress. Please keep me posted should anyone get a response regarding their visa apps. Thanks a lot - fingers crossed & lots of luck to everyone!

Karin (South Africa)

I feel for everyone, its such a waiting game. Just wish they could give you a better time frame or some more direct answers.

I hate waiting at the best of times.

Does anyone know if you can get a tourist visa from a working hoilday visa without having to leave Australia?

Good luck to everyone still waiting for answers.

Fluff

Im feeling stressed at 55 days.

I guess ive been on so many visas that this 121 pr is the final step for me then hopefully i wont have to worry anymore.

I read in a post that there will be lots of granted just into the new tax year due to numbers, is this true? I really hope so as only a few months ago people were saying thier visas were granted in like 8 weeks.

I have sent all paper work meds, police checks, the nomination approval, passport copies, tra approval, letters to say im in a defacto relationship, copies of rentals we have had together in Oz, joint bank acounts, previous visas, info ive gathered in the area we live in, local schools (not that i have children), crime in my area and loads more just to prove that I know I want to be here and ive done all my research. Not sure if this stuff helps but it cant hurt, right?

Fluffy :jiggy::arghh::twitcy::chatterbox:

Guest wiggythecat

Hiya,

Lookedat this timeline for first time today, I am amazed how some people are kept waiting for so long, though reassured that I am not alone!

Nomination sent 14/12/09 Approved 28/01/10

Vetassess sent 28/12/09 Approved 09/02/10

Visa app. received at Parramatta 09/03/10

Geotechnical technician, police checks sent with app. medicals not done yet....regretting the latter.

Lis

Hybrid-

That makes me happy to hear the time scale, my nomination has been approved and I sent my visa application 8 weeks ago so fingers crossed this will mean I get an answer in about 1 month.

Although the next month or so will feel like a life time.

Thanx

Guest Mikekat

We're on the waiting game for an 856.

Nomination an visa application lodged together : 12/5/10

Receipt email and payment taken : 14/5/10

Currently Onshore

Low risk Country

ASCO : 2323-11

Office lodged : Parramata

Medicals : Sent with application

Police checks : Sent with application

Haven't heard a thing yet and nomination application not yet approved. We were originally planning to lodge in December, but delayed as backlog for ENS applications within place of work - Queensland Health.

Not expecting news soon.

I applied as offshore 121 and im in oz my current visa ends in aug so i may be going back to the uk unless i get a tourist visa and just let the other half work as he will still have a current visa.

Fingers crossed for both of us then!

Guest gemini06hot

Called immi on Monday , someone said i was allocated a CO. havent received any mails from then confirming that. Called again today and guess what?? NO Case officer allocated yet :( and also add another 2 months on the standard processing time as Paramatta office is too busy...

ENS 856 submitted 21/01/10

Submitted Police clearance, medicals

Nomination approved 20/04/10

Looks like i will have to wait till october 2010 ( 7+2 months)

And this application is supposed to be highest priority.....keeps you wondering.

does having your nomination approved mean you have a case officer? Is this the case even when your nomination was sent a few months before the visa app and the nomination was approved before the visa app was sent?

Going crazy waiting and waiting, getting my hopes up then finding out that things arent going smoothly to be told they are again then they arent arhhh!

O well it will all be worth it.

Guest anke67

just rang Parramatta office (Applied for 121/856 16 Feb 2010 through an agent, employer nomination approved 31 May) - the current processing time is AN ADDITIONAL 7 MONTHS!!!!! and that's after the nomination has come through.

'We are very busy'. Really?

Guest guest17520

I called immigration today about my 856 and they said the current waiting time is 6 - 8 months. Although this was just from someone in the call centre so probably the standard response they give to everyone.

I have the name, telephone number and email address of the lady who approved my employer nomination but she does not return my calls or answer my emails so I cannot get an accurate time frame as to when they might process my visa.

Seriously, how long does it take to verify that I have been working for my employer for over 3 years and they have offered me the same job for another 3 years?

Guest murronanddj

Hi all,

Please can you include my details in the spreadsheet

Submitted: 08/06/2010 (application fee deducted 08/06/2010)

Nomination approved Dec 2009

Perth office

Midwife

ASCO 2324-11

UK

sent for initial assesment to case officer on 11/06/2010

further information requested by case officer 25/06/2010 (further info emailed 28/06/2010)

Thanks Suzanne

Good luck to everyone! I hope you hear something soon for those of you who are in limbo like me. :spinny:

Guest wiggythecat

Hi all in limbo land, does anyone have a telephone number for the parramatta office please.

Lis

Guest Mikekat

My employer has received approval of Nomination positon, 29th June 2010, and forwarded me the copy of the letter. They also phoned Parramata and were told that there is a few months delay on top of the normal wait time.:arghh:

At least we now know that we're in the system.

Guest caznphil
Hi all,

Please can you include my details in the spreadsheet

Submitted: 08/06/2010 (application fee deducted 08/06/2010)

Nomination approved Dec 2009

Perth office

Midwife

ASCO 2324-11

UK

sent for initial assesment to case officer on 11/06/2010

further information requested by case officer 25/06/2010 (further info emailed 28/06/2010)

Thanks Suzanne

Good luck to everyone! I hope you hear something soon for those of you who are in limbo like me. :spinny:

wow... you were allocated a CO very quickly..

I am a psychiatric nurse and lodged my 121 visa application in early April. We have heard nothing.... Not even a receipt for the payment!!

It will be interesting to follow your time line....

wishing you luck..

Caroline

Guest aster0910

My agent rang the parammatta office today and was told they are now processing the nomination application lodged on 23rd Feb. They are unbelievable slow.

Archived