Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest wombat234

Hi everyone, i just wanted to let people know our timeline.

Applied in Brisbane on 30th September 2011 in person.

Received a letter from CO on 12th October requesting health check.

Did health assessment on 14th October and got the results 21st October.

Handed the envelope in at Brisbane office on 24th October and visa was granted on 25th October!

So happy!!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone, i just wanted to let people know our timeline.

Applied in Brisbane on 30th September 2011 in person.

Received a letter from CO on 12th October requesting health check.

Did health assessment on 14th October and got the results 21st October.

Handed the envelope in at Brisbane office on 24th October and visa was granted on 25th October!

So happy!!

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!! But not to put a dampner on your approval but WHERE THE H*** IS OURS????

OMG we applied in person in the now closed Southport office 21 Jnaury 2011 and have not heard ANYTHING!!! Application was front loaded with all info.

Its so unfair (no disrespect to you) that some people get to queue jump while other have to sit patientlay and wait and then fork out $105.00 everytime we need to leave the country...its just so wrong.

Hey everyone, just wanted to throw an update on here as WE GOT OUR VISA YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The timeline- lodged front loaded in person in Sydney office December last year told 6-9 months, I rang in September and was told nothing had been done, no case officer or anything and it was now 12 months wait. I had to apply for a Bridging Visa B to travel in November and with the form I sent a fax asking if possible they could at least check our application and tick off the medical and police checks as they were only valid until December and yesterday the letter arrived saying it had been processed and granted!

All in all took 9 months and 2 weeks so hopefully everyone out there who has seen people get theres in 5 days or less wikk have some hope that they are at least getting through to applications lodged late last year!

Thanks to all who gave advice on this forum and everyone's post who I read for further info. Good luck to everyone

Chris and Niccy

Congrats Guys!!! One can only hope that ours gets done the same way. We applied back in January 2011 in the Southport office and have now applied for Bridging Visa B to be issued for us to travel in November....fingers crossed that they issue tha main visa rather than just a bridging visa!!

Racks me off that we have to spend $105.00 everytime we want to leave the country.

Well done on getting yours through :biggrin:

What gets me is there's rhyme or reason as to who gets to queue jump, and there's absolutely no reason to make people wait this long. Two years ago the processing times were three months, now they're over a year, I find it hard to believe there's been a fourfold increase in the number of applications...

I received my 801 application about 2 months before the 2 year mark and frontloaded everything and sent it back. The 2 year passed a week ago and I was told yesterday I have been approved for PR!

Hope it is as speedy for the rest of you (I know it must be frustrating for those who have been waiting ages.)

Smiler

Hiyall

Just an update for you. Received a case officer today. The CO called the house and spoke with my partner about his application and gave us his phone contact, so we can call him anytime we need to. He asked for a completed form 80 (which I am sure I included with the original application) anyway I have kept a copy - so will send it to the CO later today. Also they have aksed for an Australian Police Certificate.

I am thinking this has come about because we have applied for a briging visa B to go back to the UK for christmas. So the CO has said he going to try to get the 820 issued before we go so we dont need the 820, just keeping my fingers crossed the Austraila Police Certificate comes through sharpish!!

So things do happen in DIAC and once you get a CO seems to be extremely quick.

Will keep you all up-dated with progess reports....happy days!!!!!

Guest Menoname

Hi everyone!

In case there is anyone here on a Prospective Marriage Visa looking for processing times for an onshore partner visa through the Perth office, I got mine in 2 days!! Application was received Monday morning and on Wednesday evening I got a call from a very friendly (and obviously super efficient) lady from Immigration telling me my visa was granted.

I suspect that the fact that I was on a Prospective Marriage Visa (and married) sped up things considerably. We also included proof that we bought a house together and that I have a full time job.

So if you're in a similar situation, it might go a lot faster than you expect!

congratulations menoname!

unfortunately it doens't seem to be anything to do with what's in your application as to whether you get processed straight away or thrown onto the waiting list, with wait times now being quoted as up to and over a year...

Guest Menoname
congratulations menoname!

unfortunately it doens't seem to be anything to do with what's in your application as to whether you get processed straight away or thrown onto the waiting list, with wait times now being quoted as up to and over a year...

Surely I'm not an exception! It may not have to do with the evidence you give (eg house and job) but I'm pretty sure the fact that I had a PMV made things move a lot faster. After all, I was already scrutinized by the department (and did my months-long waiting period).

I made this post for those people in my situation (or similar). There is little information available on how long processing time is from PMV to Spouse visa. From the little I found, it seems it usually goes pretty quick, so this is to confirm that it can indeed go very fast! :)

If you look back through the thread and on other threads on PIO, all sorts of people post on here saying they've been fast-tracked, and a similar cross-section of people get put in the queue (including people who were on the PMV). You've been lucky, enjoy it :)

I just picked up my approval letter from the post office for my 801 permanent residency :D From the looks of it I've been one of the lucky ones to go through quickly as it's been just over a month and a half since they received my application :)

CUFCFan616,

Do you get you PR granted under the 2 year anniversary?

I posted my 2nd stage required information back to Melbourne a week ago and my 2 years anniversary is on the 07/01/2012. We are planning to go overseas for family reunion in early February 2012.

Thanks

Got CO today. The only thing that was asked for is a new australian police check since mine expired in July, so sounds like 820's ready to be granted once that comes through.

The makes it one week short of 9months since application in Adelaide, being processed by the Perth office.

Got CO today. The only thing that was asked for is a new australian police check since mine expired in July, so sounds like 820's ready to be granted once that comes through.

The makes it one week short of 9months since application in Adelaide, being processed by the Perth office.

Thats excellent Dr Rock - should be no time at all now.

Got ours today!!!

Our visa was issued today. Received notification via email that the 820 had been granted!!! OVER THE MOON.

Application submitted 21 JAN 2011 - incl medicals and UK police check

CO allocated 01 NOV 2011

Additional information requested - OZ Police Clearence and non migrating child health assessment

Visa granted 15 NOV 2011

So freakin' excited. So for everyone waiting keep patient, Immigration as not as scary as they seem and eventually they do grant the visa.

My 820 visa was granted by the Sydney office on 9th November, yay! However we only found out when we called the Case Officer on 11th, and the grant letter came in the mail on 14th. My application was ront loaded and lodged on 8th October 2010 so it took 13 months in all.

I called the general enquiries line after 12 months with no news and ended up being put through to my Case Officer who had looked at my file but not contacted me.... I had to provide some further info and a new AU police check, but we got there in the end!!

Thanks to everyone here for their advice and good luck to those still waiting.

Hi guys,

I lodged my de facto partner visa FULLY FRONT LOADED on 27th September 2011 in Melbourne.

Temporary residency GRANTED: 3rd November 2011

I cannot believe how fast I was granted it!!

2 years to go before I get PR ...roll on 2014!

Some info that might help others out:

My girlfriend and I have been living together 1.5 years, yes we are lesbians and no that doesn't effect the outcome despite what Julie Gillard wants :laugh:

Submitted 120 pages of evidence, with a contents page, chronologically ordered including photos, emails, texts, receipts of everything - gifts we bought for each other and flowers sent to each others, cards. ALL WERE SCANNED AND PRINTED IN COLOUR. Bank statements to prove our purchases plus all our utility bills. We have a joint account too for savings.

8 Statutory declarations from her family and a few mutual friends.

All the official forms were TYPED on PDF not written to make it easier to read.

Took us about 7 months to actually finish the application!!! Long slog but worth it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nicola c

Does anyone know how long 801's are taking to process? It will be two yrs since applying for the 820 on 20th January. I sent in my application for the 801 last week. I'm biting at the bit to get PR so we can buy a house. Very complicated but my Aussie husband is self employed and as I'm a temporary resident it makes it difficult to secure a loan

Im having a whinge...I keep running out to check the postbox for my 2nd stage partner visa and its not there ...even though I only sent the paper work off a few weeks ago :( I really want it back so I can go to uni...does anyone know if they receive the paperwork it can be granted before the 2 years of applciation...I think I know the answer is no but i can pretend!

Hey, pretty sure they have to wait until the 2yrs is up, but probably worth making sure they know you want to go to uni and what the enrolment deadline is, such that they hopefully process it before this. If you don't have an email contact, just ring the general helpline or pop into your local DIAC office and they should be able to add a note to your file.

My 820 visa was granted by the Sydney office on 9th November, yay! However we only found out when we called the Case Officer on 11th, and the grant letter came in the mail on 14th. My application was ront loaded and lodged on 8th October 2010 so it took 13 months in all.

I called the general enquiries line after 12 months with no news and ended up being put through to my Case Officer who had looked at my file but not contacted me.... I had to provide some further info and a new AU police check, but we got there in the end!!

Thanks to everyone here for their advice and good luck to those still waiting.

Wow, I can't believe it, 13 months!!? Congratulations, that's certainly a huge relief...

I have just applied an onshore partner visa for my wife. We have been together fpr 4 years and married for 2.5 year. She came here on a tourist visa in November 2009 and we couldnt add her to my 886 skilled migration application. I got my PR last week and lodged the partner visa yesterday. They took the money out of our account today.

We have provided everything we can possibly think of except the lease agreement was under my name only. How long do would we be expecting? We did ask for her to be grant PR and skip the TR period, we also ask for the no work condition to be remove as well...we should be getting the confirmation letter at the end of the week.

If you look back through the thread and on other threads on PIO, all sorts of people post on here saying they've been fast-tracked, and a similar cross-section of people get put in the queue (including people who were on the PMV). You've been lucky, enjoy it :)

I do agree with you RockDr! My case was very strong according to my CO in UK. Somehow i applied for PMV even we were perfect case for 820/801 with 2 years defacto relationship and as per my CO in UK he reffered my application to OZ with this note. So now i hope to be hranted PR straight away. Meanwhile i am on bridgiting visa A... ah yes and we both got full time jobs and shared finances and household for atlist 3 years ... didnt work with us, i am on the queue since Sep,2011 :-)))

Just picked up the grant letter from the post office, it was granted last week, as soon as they received the police check. :biggrin:

Archived