Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest Jinz
Hello Guys

Just to inform you all that after waiting 1 month and 20 days, finally my wife got her 820 Spouse visa today:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

SO my conclusion is there is no specific time frame for a spouse visa (it range from 1 weak to 1 year).So please contact your respective offices for processing of your files

congrats sammi4u!!! that calls for a party now!! :biggrin:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaymi

Update for me :-) APPROVAL!!!!!

Applied in Melbourne Front loaded on 7/11/10

Approved 10/5/11 , no case officer date assigned, no interview :-)

Celebrations :-) :happy_face_love_in_:happy_face_love_in_:happy_face_love_in_

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ALL,

This is my first post on here and I have enjoyed reading and learning from previous post. my situation;

Recently moved to Melbourne 10th May 2011 on a 457 visa which was approved in April 1st 2011. My employer has changed the conditions of my work and its not favorable to work there anymore.

My partner is Australian and we are thinking to make life easy and remove restrictions and limitation which i have with a 457,we should apply for a defacto/spouse visa.

We have been together for 2 years but lived in separate countries because of his work. We lived together(during periods of visiting each other) for 8months.

Question is: Is there a time limit when i have to have been on my 457 visa before i can apply for any other visa?

Do we qualify for a defacto./spouse visa having lived together for only 8months even though our relationship is 2 years old?

Thanks for any help

Unfortunately, time apart only counts if you've already been properly living together. Occasional visits don't count (I had the same issue). You have to have had joint bills/lease/finances/insurance etc. To prove the time you've been living together, you'd need an official letter to each of you at the same address for each month.

If you think you have some of this, your best bet is going to be running your case past a migration agent, since even if you do qualify, you'll need help in presenting the evidence correctly.

Otherwise, you're going to need either a full 12months of living together in the same country, or to get married.

I'm assuming you're too old for a working holiday visa? otherwise you could use this visa to get the required time of living together before you apply.

Guest POLY

Hi!

Applied onshore for de facto visa September 2010, didn't hear anything until a email out of the blue in May 2011 from who i assumed was our CO - requesting further information proving the 12 month de facto requirement (it seems they are pretty strict on this as the wanted prove of all 12 months).

Sent off more evidence and visa granted a week later.

8 months of waiting but totally worth it! :biggrin:

Was awesome having this site to read through to reassure me!

Good luck to you all!

Guest smeetab

Hi Poly,

how much evidence did u supply for the 12 months living together requirement?

im in the same position here, i applied in sept and got an email from my CO yesterday asking for more evidence of living together- i dont really have much for the beginning of the relationship but a couple since about last oct onwards.

Guest POLY

Hi smeetab,

Originally we just send off a selection of evidence (photos, bills, bank statements etc), a bit from beginning, middle and end of 12 months. Second time round we sent off a piece of evidence for every month.

In terms of living together, we sent joint bank statements and bills and reciepts of household things we'd bought together over the 12 months.

Have you got a couple of things showing both your names together or seperatley at the same address from the early months? That should be fine :biggrin:

Guest smeetab

we dont have anything in joint names except our bank account and health insurance. we've explained that we live with his parents so bills groceries etc is paid by them. i have a few bits and pieces of letters sent to me here from council etc so im hoping that will be enough, im going to submit that as further evidence. Mind you, im a giant worry pot so im hoping my ending turns out like yours!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freckkkles

• Application lodged in person at Perth office 25th January 2011

• Call from CO (I assume) 15th June 2011 requesting medicals and police clearances
  • Medicals booked for 24th June (police clearances already done)

.... anyone have any recent time frames from when they receive your medicals/clearances to when you get a final answer?

Case Officer also said should apply for financial hardship (partner has no work condition) if we wanted, as it doesnt go against your application whether approved or denied....

hmmmm

Guest Antphoto

Hi All

We applied for my onshore partner visa on 25th May 2011 and it was granted on the 15th June 2011. My application was front loaded and sent to Brisbane. I married my Australian wife in December 2010. Just to let you know we submitted form 80 and 1221 and I was also on bridging visa A with work rights for 2 weeks. Can't believe I got it so quickly but we have been gathering evidence for 6 months dating back to when we got together in May 2010 in the UK. If we can be of any help just send us a PM. All the best to those waiting. Ant & Cindy

I applied in Feb and haven't heard a thing :(

Mate I feel your pain.

I applied for 820 visa 16th Sept 2010. I used a migration aget. I have not heard anything??? Go figure???? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers RockDr. Ten days isn't too bad. Someone else told me 2 months but I'm not sure I believe them.

Yeah I remember having some fun getting one from NZ for MOD clearance. Pain in the behind because they don't have a clearance cert, they have a statement of your record which is different enough to cause problems.

Guest Helen alexandra

Hi There

I applied for a NZ police Check and a UK one and NZ was super quick, i faxed them the required information and recieved in the post about 1 week later,

The UK one took a while longer but only because my printer missed a page (doh) the one where someone has to sign a photo of you so that delayed it big time..otherwise UK would have been processed within a month.

I applied for Visa in March and have heard nothing as of yet.

Helen

Guest freckkkles

my partner applied for 820 on 25th Jan. he applied for uk clearances 16th may and they were received back in Perth on 14th June. we had a call from immigration 16th june requesting medicals and clearances. we have the second appointment for medicals on 13th July and then straight into immigration to hand them in. case officer said it all looked pretty good, so hopefully we will get an answer in a couple of weeks!

Guest loop the loop

Visa application lodged at Perth office 21st June

Australian police clearance submitted 1st July

Medicals completed 6th July

Now just waiting on UK police clearance to come back!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loop the loop

I got my UK Police clearance back.

I had my named changed by my parents when I was 11 years old, so the previous name is on there but they put a q instead of an o, so the name is wrong!!! ARGH!!

Can I just submit it or will I have to contact ACPO and get them to send me a new one?! I'm so mad right now :(

I sent them an email asking what my next steps could be. Maybe they will correct it and send me a new one. *sigh*

I got my UK Police clearance back.

I had my named changed by my parents when I was 11 years old, so the previous name is on there but they put a q instead of an o, so the name is wrong!!! ARGH!!

Can I just submit it or will I have to contact ACPO and get them to send me a new one?! I'm so mad right now :(

I sent them an email asking what my next steps could be. Maybe they will correct it and send me a new one. *sigh*

Personally I would submit it, since you wouldn't have anything on that previous name anyway if you were only 11. If it gets queried, just say you hadn't noticed, and htey'll let you know if you need another one.

Sumitted frontloaded application with medicals and police certificates - 24 January 2011 in Brisbane.

Still waiting to hear, DIAC said 6 - 9 months...urgh!!! The waiting is soooooo painful :rolleyes:

I'm consoling myself with the fact that delays in the temp visa don't affect the date they'll process the PR visa, since that's based on application date, not grant date.

Hang in there. What visa are you currently on?

I'm consoling myself with the fact that delays in the temp visa don't affect the date they'll process the PR visa, since that's based on application date, not grant date.

Hang in there. What visa are you currently on?

Hi RockDr...Im'a Australian and my partner who is British is awaiting his 820 Defacto to be granted/approved. Hopefully not too much longer, hate living in limbo

Guest freckkkles

so after all this I phoned the immigration hotline yesterday, they gave me nothing really, just that the processing time has now been changed from 6-9 mnths to 9-12!!!!

so today I rang my case officer on her direct line and she said she was only up to processing applications lodged October 2010 (we applied 25th Jan) and told us to apply for work rights claiming financial hardship. so I went and filled out the form right after I got off the phone.

about an hour and a half later I get a phone call back from her sayin she had granted our visa!!!!!!! OVER THE MOON ! thankgod I made that call today or god only knows how much longer it may of been. good luck to everyone still waiting, and from someone who has just finished the process, the pain is worth it for the feeling we have right now. woohoo!

Archived