Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest siamsusie
so after all this I phoned the immigration hotline yesterday, they gave me nothing really, just that the processing time has now been changed from 6-9 mnths to 9-12!!!!

so today I rang my case officer on her direct line and she said she was only up to processing applications lodged October 2010 (we applied 25th Jan) and told us to apply for work rights claiming financial hardship. so I went and filled out the form right after I got off the phone.

about an hour and a half later I get a phone call back from her sayin she had granted our visa!!!!!!! OVER THE MOON ! thankgod I made that call today or god only knows how much longer it may of been. good luck to everyone still waiting, and from someone who has just finished the process, the pain is worth it for the feeling we have right now. woohoo!

Frekkles, I am so delighted for you I really am...

congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Well done.

Susie x:notworthy:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frekkkles...did you get your Defacto visa 820 granted or your permission to work whislt awaiting for the visa to be issued??

RockDr....in the same boat, submitted Defacto 820 24 January 2011 in Brisbane and have not got a CO yet.Wish we did cause then I could follow-up with them...humph!!!!!

The waiting is killing us !!

Guest freckkkles

defacto visa was granted! so shocked. just goes to show it only takes them a few minutes to complete it! is your getting processed in Brisbane or has it been sent elsewhere? I would be calling/going into the office and asking who your case officer is, after all this time you should at least know by now who your CO is

Yes Frekkles, getting processed in Brisbane. I did call yesterday and they said exactly what they told you 9-12 months and the letter/acknowledgement said 6-9 months when we initally applied.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Congratulations on the issuance of your visa...such BRILLIANT news!!!! Bet you are so relieved

Guest loop the loop
Personally I would submit it, since you wouldn't have anything on that previous name anyway if you were only 11. If it gets queried, just say you hadn't noticed, and htey'll let you know if you need another one.

To avoid delays, I just emailed the police clearance folks and told them of the error. They told me that that is how I spelt my previous name and that I would have to submit a NEW application and pay for it so that they could issue me the correct one. I told them I took photocopies of all paperwork and that I had spelt it right.

Sure enough, they immediately told me they would mail me a new one with the correct spelling :rolleyes:

Guest navdeepkaur

which office did u send ur papers. mine in brisbane and i m still waiting from last four months

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freckkkles

in Perth we were given a co straight away when lodging in person, my co seemed to of changed without notification, but she was more helpful anyway

Submitted my partner visa app in Brisbane today. I didn't realise that the wait time had gone out to 9-12 months. That has taken some of the shine off my good mood after finally getting it all in!

How long have people been waiting for a CO?

I try to reassure myself with the knowledge that the two yrs for PR is based on application date, not grant date. (at this rate, they'll be granting PR before they ever get round to processing the temp visas)

I try to reassure myself with the knowledge that the two yrs for PR is based on application date, not grant date. (at this rate, they'll be granting PR before they ever get round to processing the temp visas)

Oh my god, really?? I thought it was 2 years from grant date! OK I'm back to being happy now! :)

you can get the blue card as soon as you get your confirmation of application letter. As well as the Bridging visa details (which won't apply to you unless your 457 ceases) It'll have a page at the back that you take to the medicare office, with your passport, and they'll issue you with a blue card.

Yeah I'm on a 457 so not a problem there. It has a few restrictions which are annoying, so I'm still itching to get off it and onto a better one. It's nice to know that permanent residency is that little bit closer though.

On the 18th September my paperwork has been submitted for one year. I still have no case officer in Sydney. I on a student visa.......

You thought you had it bad

you can get the blue card as soon as you get your confirmation of application letter. As well as the Bridging visa details (which won't apply to you unless your 457 ceases) It'll have a page at the back that you take to the medicare office, with your passport, and they'll issue you with a blue card.

You have brightened my day RockDr! Thank you for all that great info.

On the 18th September my paperwork has been submitted for one year. I still have no case officer in Sydney. I on a student visa.......

If you're over the processing time quoted to you when you applied, I would phone up and ask what's going on.

Dude I feel for you. I know others have it worse than me for sure. It must be a horrible feeling having that uncertainty hanging over you.

Submitted my partner visa app in Brisbane today. I didn't realise that the wait time had gone out to 9-12 months. That has taken some of the shine off my good mood after finally getting it all in!

How long have people been waiting for a CO?

Hiya robfromdublin

We submitted our 820 in person (front loaded) in Brisbane 21 January 2011 and was seen by a staff member who took our payment. Still no CO and no sign of one....waiting, waiting, waiting............

Patience is a virtue...or so they tell me, but mine is wearing thin!!! :arghh:

If you're over the processing time quoted to you when you applied, I would phone up and ask what's going on.

i used an immigration agent. Immigration will not tell me anything. I have received an email saying that immigration is running two months behind on applications... Given this email I have received we worked out that since i applied in september and they were currenty dealing with july then it would be around october before it even got near the op of the pile... I am losing patience and have considered leaving and applying off shore.... There is just no rushing these clowns:wacko:

Archived