Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

hi there,

I submitted my application by post to the Sydney office mid-October 2010 and like everyone else, was told processing was 6-9 months. Here's hoping it'll be closer to 6 rather than 9 months!

I applied for for the 6 month working condition to be lifted from my bridging visa (using Form 1005) with supporting documentation from my employer. That application took 2 weeks to process and was refused on the basis that I didn't prove financial hardship so I have to leave my job tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone with your applications

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cappuccino, you used the wrong form. form 1005 is for people who can't work at all and want work rightsfor whatever reason.

You already have work rights, just limited. You should have been applying on the basis that you can continue to work full time in your current job once the visa is granted. I would speak to an agent, pronto.

Thanks for your speedy reply RockDr. That's the form that the DIAC advised my employer to get me to complete!

Both mine and my employer's supporting documents requested the waiver on the basis that I'd be able to work when my visa was granted, you really think that the wrong form would be the problem? Feeling really silly if that is that case.

It's too late now in any case as tomorrow is my last day and my replacement has already been lined up.

I applied for my onshore partner visa in Feb 2009 had my tempoary visa granted within a few weeks have only received my perm visa March 2011 after receiveing forms in December 2010 which i had to fill in and get back to them in feb 2011 only took 4 weeks to get perm visa from there

Thanks for your speedy reply RockDr. That's the form that the DIAC advised my employer to get me to complete!

Both mine and my employer's supporting documents requested the waiver on the basis that I'd be able to work when my visa was granted, you really think that the wrong form would be the problem? Feeling really silly if that is that case.

It's too late now in any case as tomorrow is my last day and my replacement has already been lined up.

In all honesty, yes. your form will have been sent to whichever minion at DIAC deals with the 1005 forms, that minion will have looked at the checklist for form 1005 and said you don't meet the criteria.

I'm guessing your employer spoke to the helpline, who heard the word "work" and made assumptions from there. From experience, I've found that helpline to be very hit and miss.

The agent who dealt with my 457 application towards the end of the 6months with same employer on WHV told me that it was straightforward to apply for that to be lifted, in the event that it became an issue. (turned out not to be an issure for me since my 457 came through in a week)

I'm not sure of the exact procedure, but I do know that it's different to the form asking for work rights.

hi there,

I submitted my application by post to the Sydney office mid-October 2010 and like everyone else, was told processing was 6-9 months. Here's hoping it'll be closer to 6 rather than 9 months!

Yeah so you have already waited for almost 6 months!!! That gives me a fair idea of the wait.They have divided the departments from 1 March and i wonder if this would makes the waiting time shorter??:confused:

Well someone just got theirs granted in Melbourne in 8 days, so I guess the 6months minimum isn't a cut and dry rule...

fingers crossed

Yeah even I am surprised to see that actually.But not sure how that can be possible:confused:

Guest tasha82

I think some of you know but I applied in person in Melbourne on 30th March 2011 and was granted my visa on 8th April 2011 and found out today!! Im in shock after being told it would be between 6-9 months!! :laugh::jiggy:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Antphoto
Woooohoooooo

I got my visa

I applied my partner visa on 8th april and got it yesterday i.e. 13th april. They received my application on 11th april.

Thanks everyone 4 sharing their timeline.

May I ask what office you submitted at and are you married?

Thanks,

Ant

May I ask what office you submitted at and are you married?

Thanks,

Ant

I sent my application to perth immigration office by post from adelaide. I am married. I submitted my complete documents in advance.

R u going to apply visa for ur wife?

Guest loop the loop

Does that mean that they don't process them in order of application received? I'm keeping my hopes high now!

Don't Know brother whats going on!!!

I submitted my wife's application for temp spouse on 30th March 2011.No news after that except for one letter posted of bridging visa grantation.

Does that mean that they don't process them in order of application received? I'm keeping my hopes high now!

Officially, the line is that there is a 6months waiting list, and even if you get a CO and your visa is OK'd before this, they'll wait until the 6months to actually grant it.

obviously this isn't the case, and it does make me wonder what makes some people get special treatment (not that I'm not delighted for them).

It seems it's not even the case that you get allocated a CO in the order the applications were recieved.

Guys do we have any e mail id where we can enquire about the partner visa application?

I'll be ringing the general helpline in a couple of weeks to see about changing address, let them know I'll be out of the country for a week in July, and see if I can get any info on application, oh and who I'm supposed to contact, since I applied in Adelaide but processing's been moved to Perth, so I've no idea who I'm supposed to contact. If I get told another contact detail, I'll let you know.

Well may be we have not to wait for 6-9 months

I just got a call from case officer last night requesting some documents.So I got a CO within 1.5 months (Applied on 30th March 2011).Hopefully visa is not far away now.

Guest Nadjez

good luck everyone :)

so i thought th eoffice for the 2nd stage partner visa was the melbourne office, but has it changed to perth now?

good luck everyone :)

so i thought th eoffice for the 2nd stage partner visa was the melbourne office, but has it changed to perth now?

It depends in which state you are!!!

Guest Nadjez

well obviously that does make sense, but ive worked with a few people who are on the same visa as myself and we are all situated in wa, but they were specifically told that their second stage partner visas would be processed in Melbourne, and also it would be the Melbourne office that would send them the forms for their second stage visa application, guess ill have to just wait and see

Guest tierneyballs

Was advised yesterday that my 820 visa has been granted, 10 months and 1 day after applying...

:D

Applied in Sydney through Migration Agent. My case was received by DIAC on 16/9/2010. I have not heard anything??? Do not even have case officer. Application was marked decision ready,all police reports,medicals,everything was lodged at same time.

I have now been waitin six months with no word. Does this seem strange?? Should I be approaching Immigration. My Immi agent said that getting in touch with Immigration is a waste of time???? Looking for some info please.

Thakns

Kevin

Hello Guys

Just to inform you all that after waiting 1 month and 20 days, finally my wife got her 820 Spouse visa today:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

SO my conclusion is there is no specific time frame for a spouse visa (it range from 1 weak to 1 year).So please contact your respective offices for processing of your files

Archived