QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, have just noticed on cat3 thread that you have done your Pc's and Meds, have you now got CO, or have you frontloaded.

Seems as if things may be moving for cat 3's while we are waiting for SMP at last:biggrin: Lesley

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Tasha, have just noticed on cat3 thread that you have done your Pc's and Meds, have you now got CO, or have you frontloaded.

Seems as if things may be moving for cat 3's while we are waiting for SMP at last:biggrin: Lesley

Hi Lesley

No we don't have a CO... you would know if we had :laugh:

Like many we took the risk. We had them done back in March I think it was.

I think Cat 3 is in a great position at the moment as they are the only things that can be processed until the SMP comes out! Apparently, my agent said that the department that deals with our applications don't deal with the Cat 1's as they are dealt with somewhere else which means that they have to get on with the Cat 3's for the time being!

So lets hope they get lots of us processed quickly!

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley

No we don't have a CO... you would know if we had :laugh:

Like many we took the risk. We had them done back in March I think it was.

I think Cat 3 is in a great position at the moment as they are the only things that can be processed until the SMP comes out! Apparently, my agent said that the department that deals with our applications don't deal with the Cat 1's as they are dealt with somewhere else which means that they have to get on with the Cat 3's for the time being!

So lets hope they get lots of us processed quickly!

Not looking too good for trades in QLD is it, just hoping that as you say they get through a lot of cat3's before they introduce SMP. Big question now is how long should it take to process us from visa application, still really hoping to get ours before the end of this year, what do you think your chances will be, your about 5 months before us, which means they will have process a lot in the next few weeks:biglaugh::SLEEP:Lesley

Not looking too good for trades in QLD is it, just hoping that as you say they get through a lot of cat3's before they introduce SMP. Big question now is how long should it take to process us from visa application, still really hoping to get ours before the end of this year, what do you think your chances will be, your about 5 months before us, which means they will have process a lot in the next few weeks:biglaugh::SLEEP:Lesley

I have to say I am feeling a little more confident at the moment...

Remember that the cat 3 people are occupations that Australia say they want and that their trades are important. I am hoping that even if the SMP comes out they will still process the cat 3 peeps along side the SMP. Perhaps not as fast but I would think they will still process them. I feel that cat 3 applicants are in a better situation than what we were when we were in the previous cat 5.

This is only my speculation, but I dont think you will wait as long as you would have if they were still processing the previous Cat 5 at a snails pace! Perhaps a visa within the next 12 months?!?!:wideeyed: (don't hold me to that though!!! LOL:laugh:)

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk
I have to say I am feeling a little more confident at the moment...

Remember that the cat 3 people are occupations that Australia say they want and that their trades are important. I am hoping that even if the SMP comes out they will still process the cat 3 peeps along side the SMP. Perhaps not as fast but I would think they will still process them. I feel that cat 3 applicants are in a better situation than what we were when we were in the previous cat 5.

This is only my speculation, but I dont think you will wait as long as you would have if they were still processing the previous Cat 5 at a snails pace! Perhaps a visa within the next 12 months?!?!:wideeyed: (don't hold me to that though!!! LOL:laugh:)

Tasha x

Your just what I needed at the moment Tasha, all my life I have been an opptomist until now, your like a ray of light, keep shining:hug::hug::hug::hug:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
I think it's about time we look in to getting our Meds done at our own risk!,

Hi Alan, it's only money and you never know, I think it's worth taking the risk, especially when you pick up bits from agents who think maybe it's worth doing:biggrin: Lesley

Hi Lesley & Alan

Thought I would let you know that I spoke to the DIAC last night. I was told that as we are in cat 3 it is good news and will be processed within the year, probably sooner.

He said if we were on the SMP then we would automatically move up and be processed even quicker. I explained that I did not think we would be on the SMP and he said to be honest, I dont think it will matter. You are in cat 3 and will be "priority processed whatever"! (I am liking that phrase a lot!)

I asked if the Cat 3 applicants would still be processed once the SMP comes out and he said yes. I then said, "so the SMP and Cat 3 will run along side each other and the Cat 3 wont stop once the SMP are out". He said "yes, they will both be processed".

I asked how would the applications be processed in cat 3, would it be by date order or by having a decision ready file? (i.e meds and PC's done) I said that as I have my meds done so would this give me an advantage. He said no it would not, they are only needed once the CO has your file and requests for them to be done! (Although he did not commit to whether they would be processed in date order either!)

He said it was really difficult to know where our application was at at this stage and that I should ring him back in 8 weeks time when they will know more of whats happening.

Hope that puts you in a good mood for the day!

Best wishes

Tasha x

Hi Lesley & Alan

Thought I would let you know that I spoke to the DIAC last night. I was told that as we are in cat 3 it is good news and will be processed within the year, probably sooner.

He said if we were on the SMP then we would automatically move up and be processed even quicker. I explained that I did not think we would be on the SMP and he said to be honest, I dont think it will matter. You are in cat 3 and will be "priority processed whatever"! (I am liking that phrase a lot!)

I asked if the Cat 3 applicants would still be processed once the SMP comes out and he said yes. I then said, "so the SMP and Cat 3 will run along side each other and the Cat 3 wont stop once the SMP are out". He said "yes, they will both be processed".

I asked how would the applications be processed in cat 3, would it be by date order or by having a decision ready file? (i.e meds and PC's done) I said that as I have my meds done so would this give me an advantage. He said no it would not, they are only needed once the CO has your file and requests for them to be done! (Although he did not commit to whether they would be processed in date order either!)

He said it was really difficult to know where our application was at at this stage and that I should ring him back in 8 weeks time when they will know more of whats happening.

Hope that puts you in a good mood for the day!

Best wishes

Tasha x

Hey now then this sounds like good news, Umm! I like the sound of that! :wink:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, you've made my day, infact year, just the news I was waiting to hear and thought about giving them a ring tonight myself, but you have saved me the job, bless you:hug:

When they said that we would be processed before the end of the year did they mean before the end of 2010 or their year ending June 2011 ( DIAC's year)

Thanks for the info:hug::hug:Lesley

Hi Tasha, you've made my day, infact year, just the news I was waiting to hear and thought about giving them a ring tonight myself, but you have saved me the job, bless you:hug:

When they said that we would be processed before the end of the year did they mean before the end of 2010 or their year ending June 2011 ( DIAC's year)

Thanks for the info:hug::hug:Lesley

Hi Lesley

He was not really committal on it, but did sound really positive to me! I would be happy if I were you, your time will come soon enough.

I mentioned about the Client Service Charter which supplies info on timescales and said I was not sure if the information on the DIAC page for this had been updated like the DIAC Q&A had suggested it would be. He told me he would not take any notice of that, and we were definitely in "Priority Processing"!

Oh I forgot, its just come back to me, he did say we should send a blank email to the aspc processing for an update of processing times... He said to do this middle of next week, as it should give us some more ideas of timescale.

I will ring again in 8 weeks time to see what they say, as he did say for me to call back then and they should know more of what is going on! I dont normally like to bother them as they are so busy and it holds them up with dealing with the actual applications. But as he invited me to call back then, of course, I will do!:wink:

I will speak to you before I call them and we can discuss what we want to ask!

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, just thought it might be a good idea to put a copy of your phonecall on cat 3 thread, think a lot of peeps would be very interested and just give them some good news that we all need:biggrin:

Did you have a good birthday and are you still suffering this morning:biglaugh: Lesley

Guest mattph

hiya taz

Well it's been a while but how nice to see you have started this.

Cant belive i have been out here now for 9 months! Time has shot passed. I have to say im loving it and it's one of the best things i have done. Got promoted at work, which still does'nt feel like work, such less hours than in the uk:biglaugh:

How are things with you?

Look forward to hearing about everyone else.

Speak soon

Matt

Hi Guys

Sounds like things are beginning to move for you lot, finally

Update on us (if anyone is interested):

We are flying out on xmas day. However I flew out to Queensland last month and spent a week there as I had applied to the police and they said that they will do all my testing in one week as I live out of state. Testing went well and I had a telephone interview yesterday morning with the police psychologist as she wanted to clarify a few of my answers that I wrote in the 550 question psych test. Everyone that I have spoke to had the same so I was not worried about it. So hopefully I get through and I am looking at the 31st January course.

I spent most of the week staying with a PIO couple on the sunshine coast and really loved it up there. I also spent the last few days with Nurse sue and her family in Logan. Both family's were really hospitable and lovely.

More good news: Lisa had a telephone interview with the Allamanda hospital, southport on Monday night. They emailed this morning that one of her references e mail address is bouncing back and can we check it. This sounds like good news as why would they be bothering with refs if they were not going to offer her a job?

So we now have just under 5 months to go till we go. Everything is sorted except the shippers which will be done soon.

JOHN

hiya taz

Well it's been a while but how nice to see you have started this.

Cant belive i have been out here now for 9 months! Time has shot passed. I have to say im loving it and it's one of the best things i have done. Got promoted at work, which still does'nt feel like work, such less hours than in the uk:biglaugh:

How are things with you?

Look forward to hearing about everyone else.

Speak soon

Matt

Hi Matt

OMG... is it 9 months already!!! Where has that time gone!

I am so glad you are loving Australia and are doing so well in your work. Fantastic! Sounds like you have settled right in! I am so glad and its great to hear from you.

For many of us the wait has been agonising to say the least, but just recently they changed the SOL and revoked the MODL and CSL and we have bounced upto Cat 3. Now, being in cat 3 is great news as it looks like we might get our applications looked at sooner rather than later... Just when I was about to lose hope!

However, it is very sad news for some who did not make it onto the new SOL and are now in the Cat 4 group. It appears that this group wont be getting processed anytime soon, if ever! I really feel for these people, the government should be ashamed of what they have done to people taking their money and then dashing their hopes!

So, that is the updates on the situation as it is at the moment... watch this space, as I do reckon many people will be getting their visas soon!

Keep in touch,

Take care, Tasha x :hug:

Hi Guys

Sounds like things are beginning to move for you lot, finally

Update on us (if anyone is interested):

We are flying out on xmas day. However I flew out to Queensland last month and spent a week there as I had applied to the police and they said that they will do all my testing in one week as I live out of state. Testing went well and I had a telephone interview yesterday morning with the police psychologist as she wanted to clarify a few of my answers that I wrote in the 550 question psych test. Everyone that I have spoke to had the same so I was not worried about it. So hopefully I get through and I am looking at the 31st January course.

I spent most of the week staying with a PIO couple on the sunshine coast and really loved it up there. I also spent the last few days with Nurse sue and her family in Logan. Both family's were really hospitable and lovely.

More good news: Lisa had a telephone interview with the Allamanda hospital, southport on Monday night. They emailed this morning that one of her references e mail address is bouncing back and can we check it. This sounds like good news as why would they be bothering with refs if they were not going to offer her a job?

So we now have just under 5 months to go till we go. Everything is sorted except the shippers which will be done soon.

JOHN

Hi John,

Its great to hear your news... sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely. I am sure you will have done really well in your test and everything will go swimmingly for you.

:policeman:I suppose I had better behave myself now then with a copper in our midst:biglaugh:.

I really hope Lisa does well in her interview, like you say it does sound really promising doesn't it! (good luck Lisa!)

Only 5 months to go... I wonder, will it drag or will it fly by? It sounds like a long time, but in reality I am sure it will fly by. You will have time to do all those things you never actually got around to doing before you go.

Keep us informed on how you get on with your course and how Lisa gets on with her interview.

I am sure you dont actually need it, but I wish you all the luck in the world.

Best wishes

Tasha :hug:

Got the prices for our medicals today £115 per medical per adult £27 each blood test £70 each X-ray £40 courier to oz, quite a few quid for a family of 5, over a £1000 as bindog1uk says only money so we are ready to be booked in soon, and hopefully we will have our visa before they expire???

proview

Guest Benchola

Reet - we're finally here!

We're currently staying in Kangaroo Point and will be for the next three weeks while we try and sort out a longer term rental.

Are there any get-to-gether's planned in Brisbane? Would be good to meet people in a similar situation to ourselves and to hear everyone's stories.

Guest guest30038
Reet - we're finally here!

We're currently staying in Kangaroo Point and will be for the next three weeks while we try and sort out a longer term rental.

Are there any get-to-gether's planned in Brisbane? Would be good to meet people in a similar situation to ourselves and to hear everyone's stories.

Mate, if you find you have any difficulties or simply want a chat, you can PM me. There's 2 other families recently migrated within a minute of me so we can arrange something at my place if you want.

kev

Guest bindog1uk

O.K. folks, so if tradies jobs are not on SMP and we will wait till we see it in black & white first, how many of us will think about changing states to the one where your job is on the SMP or will you just carry on in cat 3 and hope for the best:biggrin: Lesley

Archived