QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Anyone know how Lance and the other originals are doing?

JOHN

Funny you should ask that john, I have spoken to lance this week end he is doing fine, he is doing work with the clean up operation in Qld.

Carl and cath are doing fine apart from Carl slipped last week and broke his toe, he now has his foot in a support strap.

Proview

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry no idea, but how you guy's doing, are you settled over there now, how's the floods been for you?

Sure someone will know where Lance is:unsure:

Take care, Lesley :wink:

We are all good. Not been affected by the floods. Will be posting a report this week so watch out for that. Thanks for asking.

JOHN

Funny you should ask that john, I have spoken to lance this week end he is doing fine, he is doing work with the clean up operation in Qld.

Carl and cath are doing fine apart from Carl slipped last week and broke his toe, he now has his foot in a support strap.

Proview

Thanks mate. Where is he living?

JOHN

Guest PommieChick
Hi PommieChick, really pleased you settled well, it gives those of us some hope who are still waiting to make the big step some reasurance. I am a lot older than you & will be leaving behind two children & two grandchildren, they all live up country and I don't see them a lot so I think it will be easier than if you see them everyday, but will still miss them a lot especially at times like Christmas.

I was born in Nottingham, grew up there & had children, I left nineteen years ago to live in Cornwall, I have never regretted leaving Nottm, it's now not the place I knew & I think you should alway's look forward and strive for new things in life, even at my age :biglaugh:

Do you have any family with you where you are now & did any family members follow you?

:wink: Lesley

Nope, my family are all scattered through out the UK. I have always been an independant girl so I got my heart broken, married, had a baby without family support over here.

To be perfectly honest my friends are now my family. People have said to me they think its strange these big life changing steps have never involved my family but that was one of the things i had to consider before moving here and to me strange would be having my mum or mum in law just down the road popping in for a cuppa!

There are times that are harder than others, I still have not met my 5 and 2 year old nieces and one of my brothers has not met my son, but we talk on Skype and the world has now become a smaller place from when i first moved here with the Internet and Skype and phone calls being much cheaper.

We spend times when most families get together with good friends and TBH if would be strange having to spend them with my family! The other plus is also I can CHOOSE friends!

IMHO, I think that if you anyone has any doubts about moving here, once you get here those reasons can become magnified and the grass can seem greener. Its a very personal choice and not for some. I have seen it break relationships and tear families apart.

For me it was the right thing to do and I have never had any regrets, and i now have made my own family here. My son who is 4, is a typical Aussie, whinges about the rain, will only wear thongs and boardies and (much to my disgust) prefers Vegemite to Marmite!

Guest bindog1uk
Nope, my family are all scattered through out the UK. I have always been an independant girl so I got my heart broken, married, had a baby without family support over here.

To be perfectly honest my friends are now my family. People have said to me they think its strange these big life changing steps have never involved my family but that was one of the things i had to consider before moving here and to me strange would be having my mum or mum in law just down the road popping in for a cuppa!

There are times that are harder than others, I still have not met my 5 and 2 year old nieces and one of my brothers has not met my son, but we talk on Skype and the world has now become a smaller place from when i first moved here with the Internet and Skype and phone calls being much cheaper.

We spend times when most families get together with good friends and TBH if would be strange having to spend them with my family! The other plus is also I can CHOOSE friends!

IMHO, I think that if you anyone has any doubts about moving here, once you get here those reasons can become magnified and the grass can seem greener. Its a very personal choice and not for some. I have seen it break relationships and tear families apart.

For me it was the right thing to do and I have never had any regrets, and i now have made my own family here. My son who is 4, is a typical Aussie, whinges about the rain, will only wear thongs and boardies and (much to my disgust) prefers Vegemite to Marmite!

Hi PommieChick, sorry for delay in replying, have started a new job this week & have been doing lots of overtime setting it all up as it is a new consession, really enjoying it so far, working for Coton Traders at a local garden centre, think this will now do for me till we actually get our visa's.

Your possative way of life is really good and very reasuring for all those of us who will be making the move in the next couple of years, better to have tried and returned than to have never tried at all, or as in your case it's definately been for the best.

Guest PommieChick

You hit the nail on the head......better to have tried and returned!

I have always tried to live my life as...Its better to regret doing something than regret not doing it. I can laugh at my regrets as they were not serious.

I have been told "I grab life by the balls with both hands" Pretty much sums me up.

I lived breathed,ate slept and dreamt of Australia whilst waiting for my visa and once I got it I sold my house and moved within 8 weeks!

I feel more at home here than I ever did in the UK. I think that the transition from the UK to Oz is made easier by the When in Rome thing. Embrace the new lifestyle, experiences etc If you are open to these things in my experience the Aussies welcome you with open arms.

I do wish that these forums had been around when I had emmigrated would have made the move so much easier.

Guest bindog1uk

Good Morning Peeps:biggrin: just wondered how all you folks are doing over there with the flood situation, is life now getting back to some normality. Showed on the telly over here (UK) how all the community were pulling together, how great to see that, in a strange way is wierd to see how some good can come from something so awfull, all credit to you folks:yes: hope all is now getting better for you , in our thoughs still :wink: Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
It's hard to imagine how the people affected are coping. Most of the emergency work is over but there is a lot of work to be done to get everything back the way it was...... Trade skilled workers needed now....

Do you have supplies back in the supermarkets, are all deliveries now getting through & are all the roads back open.

Guest bindog1uk

You say you need trade skilled workers now, perhaps you should let the goverment know this as there are thousands of them here in the U.K just waiting for their visa's to arrive, if they get their fingers out quicker, then you would get some of the help that you need.

Guest washer rs

Hi Lesley, How are you? Hope you've had a good week..

Its nice to see cat3 moving, a bit slow but at least DIAC are still working on them.

I spoke to my agent yesterday and he thinks it might only be the matter of weeks before we get a co, now that would be good news:biggrin: i'm not building my hopes up tho (much :jiggy:)

It won't be long before your Meds run out will it? Lets hope you get a co before then, when did you get them done?

Jason :cool:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley, How are you? Hope you've had a good week..

Its nice to see cat3 moving, a bit slow but at least DIAC are still working on them.

I spoke to my agent yesterday and he thinks it might only be the matter of weeks before we get a co, now that would be good news:biggrin: i'm not building my hopes up tho (much :jiggy:)

It won't be long before your Meds run out will it? Lets hope you get a co before then, when did you get them done?

Jason :cool:

Hi Jason, we did meds in May & Pc's in June, think that they will run out before we get CO though, I think that's a bit optomistic, would expect to get one around August/Sept hopefully & visa's before Xmas. What are you expecting & when are you hoping to move over there. We've been told that the housing market is due to pick back up again later in the year, so we have taken the bungalow off the market whilst we wait for visa's, seems quite sensible knowing how the Australian goverment works with emmigration:biglaugh:

Guest bindog1uk
Just checking in I better then i was last year number 2 is due in under 12 weeks can imagine i'm pulling my hair out knowing i be losing more sleep and changing heaps of nappies enjoying life in qld still but knows going to be a year of change Not as cranky as i use to be lol

Lovely to hear from you, what date is baby due & have the floods affected you:wink: Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
Hello all....

Gone really quiet in here !! Not been in myself for a while...!!

But Hey AM BACK !!

Haaa x

Great to hear from you again, keep trying to bump Tasha's thread up & keep it going

Guest bindog1uk
Shouldnt be too long before you get a case officer??? Hopefully x

I think we all know not to expect too much from the Australian Goverment & seeing is believing as we all well know. We are still cat3 so it's good to see a lot of cat2's moving & hopefully should get a CO sometime in the summer, would be lovely to get one before but i'm not holding my breath.

How about you, when do you think you should get one.

Archived