QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley

Well, after waiting so long for QLD to give out SS we decided we would look into WA which, at that time, was our second choice of state. We told them how disappointed we were that QLD had taken so long to deal with our application and that we wanted to be considered under the WA SS. When we finally received the SS for QLD we knew in our hearts that with the new SMP coming out that Gary's trade would not be on it, however, there was going to be a big chance of it being on WA...

So, we investigated WA and even though we love the idea of both QLD and WA we just feel that WA will be better for us as a family and better for Gary with his work. Since the SMP have been released, we were right and are not on QLD but are on the WA SMP so have now jumped up from Cat 5, to Cat 3 and now to a fantastic Cat 2!

I forgot to say in my earlier post that, as from 30 December, we got ourselves a CO and find ourselves even nearer to the goal post! However, as I am never one to do anything easy, and now that I am pregnant we are having to put it all on hold until the baby comes in March. We are just waiting to hear back from our CO regarding the baby situation.

Our CO did write to us and said we had to make a choice between QLD and WA as we had been sponsored by both, and even though we have always been drawn to QLD for some reason we feel WA is now the state for us!

Funny how life changes over the months or should I say years!

Anyway, we can always visit QLD on our holidays as we would love to see more of Australia and not just the Western side.

Best wishes

Tasha x:wubclub:

Hi Tasha, really pleased things are turning out right for you, was looking forward to meeting up with you in Qld & as you say you never know whats around the corner. What date is baby due & are you O.K in yourself with the pregnancy, whats your cravings if any, mine was crisps & apple with Stephen & Yorkshire puddings with Nikala, my best friend had to have mivvi ice cream bars in the middle of the night :laugh:

:hug:Lesley

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest washer rs
Hi Queensland peeps, I'm back:biggrin: had to search through pages to find Tasha's thread, what's happened to you all, have any of you changed states because of the SMP's.

Paul & I are now trying to work through our problems, so hopefully Oz may be back on, but staying with our original decision to stay with Queensland, should get our visa's before the end of this year ( unless they move the goalposts again )

Anyone know what has happened to Matt (wollabollabingbong) can't see his details anymore, has he left us.

Missed you all:wink: give us the goss. Love Lesley:hug::hug:

Hi Lesley, as you can see there's not much going on with this tread now, i think everyone had lost a bit of interest, but since things started moving again at the end of last year its given us some hope..

I really thought my trade would be on the QLD SMP but sadly not, still i'm a cat3 so not to bad i guess.

I'm also gonna stick with QLD, i love it there and hopefully we will get a co sooner rather later.(fingers crossed)

I don't feel WA is for me + i've heard of many people coming back from there as they can't get work, i've been told once they find out your british there not interested in imploying you, but i'm sure that not not case for everyone, lets hope not anyway..

Good to see you back,

Jason :cool:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley, as you can see there's not much going on with this tread now, i think everyone had lost a bit of interest, but since things started moving again at the end of last year its given us some hope..

I really thought my trade would be on the QLD SMP but sadly not, still i'm a cat3 so not to bad i guess.

I'm also gonna stick with QLD, i love it there and hopefully we will get a co sooner rather later.(fingers crossed)

I don't feel WA is for me + i've heard of many people coming back from there as they can't get work, i've been told once they find out your british there not interested in imploying you, but i'm sure that not not case for everyone, lets hope not anyway..

Good to see you back,

Jason :cool:

Hi Jason, lovely to hear from you again, been missing my old friends:biggrin:

We decided to stay with Qld because we fell in love with it, also our agent said by the time we got S.S. for W.A we should be getting visa's for Qld, so to stay with our first choice.

Have wondered how the awful floods in Qld will affect the building trade, I would think that once the floods have completely cleared that there will be a lot of work rebuilding. Have to say that I really feel for those people who were affected:hug: cannot imagine having all of your belongings under water, hope they can try to rebuiled their lives very soon. Bit scary also with the threats of snakes and crocs in the water, didn't hear of anyone having problems or being attacked, so I hope everyone was O.K.

:wink:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
Lesley how long is it before your meds expire did you do them in May 10?

May for the meds & june for police checks, think we will have to get them done again, but still hoping for visa's before end of the year.

Hi Tasha, really pleased things are turning out right for you, was looking forward to meeting up with you in Qld & as you say you never know whats around the corner. What date is baby due & are you O.K in yourself with the pregnancy, whats your cravings if any, mine was crisps & apple with Stephen & Yorkshire puddings with Nikala, my best friend had to have mivvi ice cream bars in the middle of the night :laugh:

:hug:Lesley

Hi Lesley

I am due the end of March, however, both my girls came 4 weeks early so its possible it could be sooner. But considering this time we are having a boy he might just want to stay in the warmth! LOL

The only major craving I have had is for prawns! For ages I did not eat prawns, as you are not meant to eat shell fish, and resisted my craving but it got too much in the end and had to go and speak to my doctor to see if he thought it was ok to eat them! He said as they were cooked it should not be a problem and would be a shame to deprive myself of something I truly wanted! So, although I try not to eat too many I do eat them occasionally.:laugh:

Tasha x

PS Tasha, they do have planes going to Queensland lol xxx

PMSL - I know Susie :biglaugh: It will certainly be a place that we would go and have a holiday!

Although a 2 hr trip to Bali sounds pretty good too...

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest siamsusie
Hi Lesley

I am due the end of March, however, both my girls came 4 weeks early so its possible it could be sooner. But considering this time we are having a boy he might just want to stay in the warmth! LOL

The only major craving I have had is for prawns! For ages I did not eat prawns, as you are not meant to eat shell fish, and resisted my craving but it got too much in the end and had to go and speak to my doctor to see if he thought it was ok to eat them! He said as they were cooked it should not be a problem and would be a shame to deprive myself of something I truly wanted! So, although I try not to eat too many I do eat them occasionally.:laugh:

Tasha x

PMSL - I know Susie :biglaugh: It will certainly be a place that we would go and have a holiday!

Although a 2 hr trip to Bali sounds pretty good too...

Cheers

Tasha x

:wink:and cheaper grog etc etc as well x

Guest washer rs
Great to see this thread come alive again, keep it going guys, this year could be the one for quite a few of us for the golden ticket.

Lets hope so Alan, we've all been waiting a long time now..:SLEEP:

Where you looking at heading to in Qld when your golden ticket finally turns up??

Guest washer rs

Hi Tasha, hope all is good with you.. Congratulations on getting your co. i did notice you had one on the cat2/3 threads when i do my daily checks (as u do). Sorry for not congratulating you sooner but i don't really go on them threads..

Congratulations with the baby and hopefully your visa won't be to long now..

Jason

Guest bindog1uk

Good Morning Folks, wish I could say the same for all those in Queensland, have turned on the telly again to see the devastating floods, my heart goes out to them, cannot imagine having all your lifetimes possesions being lost & more importantly peoples lives, I could just cry for them. Also being a huge animal lover brings to mind thoughts for the wildlife, saw the kangaroo stranded on the island, broke my heart.

For any of you who read this in Qld, just to let you know that our hearts and thoughts are with you, please please take care, we in U.K. are thinking of you all:hug::hug::hug: Lesley

Lets hope so Alan, we've all been waiting a long time now..:SLEEP:

Where you looking at heading to in Qld when your golden ticket finally turns up??

To be honest our options are open, initially we will look around the goldcoast, we like oxenford, jimboomba, area,

We will have a good look around areas to see what we think of them before we commit our self. What area do you fancy?

Guest washer rs
To be honest our options are open, initially we will look around the goldcoast, we like oxenford, jimboomba, area,

We will have a good look around areas to see what we think of them before we commit our self. What area do you fancy?

We are also looking at heading to the goldcoast, will properly end up around robina area. we like it there and it seems an idel location, close to the beaches & shops etc. 5-10mins from surfers and easy access to the motorway..

Guest PommieChick

Don't know if this is the right topic to jump in and say Hi.

But Hi.

Originally from Cornwall but moved here 14 years ago.

Married to a Brummie i met over here and we have a 4 year old son.

Sorry If this is the wrong place to jump in and introduce myself!

But Hi.

No not at all, welcome, I'm sure other members in this thread will also welcome you.

Guest bindog1uk

But Hi.

Hi Pommiechick, welcome to this thread:biggrin:

Where abouts in Cornwall were you from, we used to live in St Austell, we moved to Devon about 15 yrs ago, Cornwall was beautifull in the summer but very isolated in the winter.

Guest PommieChick

Thanks for the welcome guys....have posted on other Ex-pat boards and they don't bother with the newbie -hardly a welcoming! So many thanks.

I was raised in St. Austell!!

Then moved to St Ives for 10 years.

Guest bindog1uk
Thanks for the welcome guys....have posted on other Ex-pat boards and they don't bother with the newbie -hardly a welcoming! So many thanks.

I was raised in St. Austell!!

Then moved to St Ives for 10 years.

Hi PommieChick, love St Ives, used to holiday there when the kids were young, last two weeks in June in Carbis Bay, some of my happiest memories. We used to go to bingo at St Ives Rugby Club, great fun with all the locals, lovely beaches and fab local made fudge & ice cream:rolleyes: Do you miss all this, or are you now totally settled.

Hi PommieChick, love St Ives, used to holiday there when the kids were young, last two weeks in June in Carbis Bay, some of my happiest memories. We used to go to bingo at St Ives Rugby Club, great fun with all the locals, lovely beaches and fab local made fudge & ice cream:rolleyes: Do you miss all this, or are you now totally settled.

St Ives is a great place, I always remember the little pub there called the sloop! in front of the harbour, we had many many happy memories from our holidays.

Guest bindog1uk
St Ives is a great place, I always remember the little pub there called the sloop! in front of the harbour, we had many many happy memories from our holidays.

Trust you to know the name of the local, actually I do know that pub, very tiny with hard bar stools:laugh: obviously hadn't had enough to drink at that point:wacko:

Guest PommieChick

The Sloop....lol It was my local had many a night in there.

I have some great memories from St Ives but i don't miss it at all. I settled well moving here and not once have i regretted the decision or been homesick. I cried buckets leaving friends and family but i was 26 and life held no boundaries for me at that age and it was all one big adventure!

I have been back several times for holidays but i could never imagine moving back. I love it here and still after 14 years, am grateful I had enough points to emmigrate.

Guest bindog1uk
The Sloop....lol It was my local had many a night in there.

I have some great memories from St Ives but i don't miss it at all. I settled well moving here and not once have i regretted the decision or been homesick. I cried buckets leaving friends and family but i was 26 and life held no boundaries for me at that age and it was all one big adventure!

I have been back several times for holidays but i could never imagine moving back. I love it here and still after 14 years, am grateful I had enough points to emmigrate.

Hi PommieChick, really pleased you settled well, it gives those of us some hope who are still waiting to make the big step some reasurance. I am a lot older than you & will be leaving behind two children & two grandchildren, they all live up country and I don't see them a lot so I think it will be easier than if you see them everyday, but will still miss them a lot especially at times like Christmas.

I was born in Nottingham, grew up there & had children, I left nineteen years ago to live in Cornwall, I have never regretted leaving Nottm, it's now not the place I knew & I think you should alway's look forward and strive for new things in life, even at my age :biglaugh:

Do you have any family with you where you are now & did any family members follow you?

:wink: Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
Anyone know how Lance and the other originals are doing?

JOHN

Sorry no idea, but how you guy's doing, are you settled over there now, how's the floods been for you?

Sure someone will know where Lance is:unsure:

Take care, Lesley :wink:

Archived