QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

OMG after nearly 9 weeks, my house sale looks to be falling away from us, we thought we was almost ready for exchange etc, then out of the blue we get a letter in the post telling us that the buyer has put in for planning permission to extend, as if the property not big enough with 6 bedrooms etc, we are very disappointed will keep you posted.

proview

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bindog1uk

Hi Alan, surely if he's put in for planning permission that means that he wants the property doesn't it.

Hi Alan, surely if he's put in for planning permission that means that he wants the property doesn't it.

yes they want it but we are sat here all packed up ready to go, now to find out we will have to wait another three months for planning as they telling us they will not complete until granted planning, well they can shove it up their ass, as i have just come of the phone from my solicitor, he said they have had more than enough time to discuss and resole issues, they have till 7th June to complete.

They was also saying they may even have another survey as the one they had valued our property at £575,000 when we have already agreed to £615,000, so what is the point in submitting plans for an extension then telling us they may consider offering us less money, there is no way we are accepting less than £615,000 so if they not prepared to pay that, they should never have submitted the plans in the first place,.

yes they want it but we are sat here all packed up ready to go, now to find out we will have to wait another three months for planning as they telling us they will not complete until granted planning, well they can shove it up their ass, as i have just come of the phone from my solicitor, he said they have had more than enough time to discuss and resole issues, they have till 7th June to complete.

Awww am sorry to here that pal, why dont you ask your estate agents to put it back on until the sale is actually finalised, then if anything does happen (which i hope it doesnt)it is still on the market. GOOD LUCK

Guest bindog1uk

Really feel for you, think it's hard enough without comlecations, hope you get it sorted soon, you would of thought they would have got planning permmision weeks ago, stupid people:wacko:Ours is going on the market 14th June, hope we don't get idiots too.

Have a few beers and think of what lies ahead, I think that we've all learnt to have patience, but sometimes it does get tried. Good Luck:wink:Lesley

Really feel for you, think it's hard enough without comlecations, hope you get it sorted soon, you would of thought they would have got planning permmision weeks ago, stupid people:wacko:Ours is going on the market 14th June, hope we don't get idiots too.

Have a few beers and think of what lies ahead, I think that we've all learnt to have patience, but sometimes it does get tried. Good Luck:wink:Lesley

PATIENCE.......WHAT THE HELLS THAT !!! :confused:

Guest bindog1uk
PATIENCE.......WHAT THE HELLS THAT !!! :confused:

Hi Lindsey.............Patience is a three year wait for a visa:arghh:

Guest bindog1uk

C'MON possative thinking, we have the SMP to come, think things might change for trades on it don't you:biggrin:

OMG after nearly 9 weeks, my house sale looks to be falling away from us, we thought we was almost ready for exchange etc, then out of the blue we get a letter in the post telling us that the buyer has put in for planning permission to extend, as if the property not big enough with 6 bedrooms etc, we are very disappointed will keep you posted.

proview

Oh what an absolute pain! I hope things work out for you. Keep us posted!

The good news is that the process is SOOOO much less painful when you get around to buying in Australia. Took me 21 days to buy my own house and the new one I just bought we did it in 25 days.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest bindog1uk

Well done Alan, really pleased for you, get packing or is that all done:laugh: All you need now is your job to be on the SMP and your off:wink:

Just finishing a few bits on our place this weekend for it to go on the market, hope we don't get any Ass****s who mess us about.

Keep us up to date with how it's going:biggrin:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

Thought I would post this question on this thread as I have asked on another thread and can't get a reply, originally asked by Bootco who also couldn't get a reply.........

If your job is on the SMP and you already have State Sponsership will you have to re-apply again for S.S. does anyone know, Many Thanks Lesley

Thought I would post this question on this thread as I have asked on another thread and can't get a reply, originally asked by Bootco who also couldn't get a reply.........

If your job is on the SMP and you already have State Sponsership will you have to re-apply again for S.S. does anyone know, Many Thanks Lesley

Hi Lesley

I did put a post on a thread but I cant remember now what thread it was...:wub:

I rang QLD last week and spoke to a lovely lady there. Firstly, I asked if our SS would run out after a year and she said that as long as the SS has been lodged with the DIAC then it would not expire. It only lasts 1 year if you have not lodged it with DIAC.

I also asked her if she knew "if" we were on the SMP would we have to reapply as we already have SS. She said she did not think we would have to reapply (however, she did not seem 100% sure on this!)

I also asked if she knew when the SMP would be released. She said they were going to try and have it ready for the 1st July but they were still researching.

She did say to me that she did not think that plasterers would be put back on the QLD SMP. She said that as it has already been taken off the QLD SS list back in July last year that it was unlikely to be on the new list.

I asked where she thought we would stand with our SS regarding priorities, but she did not know the answer.

So, really, I am still none the wiser! No factual, definite answers...

Only that I will be surprised if Plasterers are on the SMP.

Not much longer to wait now though... I am sure there will be a few more hoops we have to jump through before getting our visa!:wacko:

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, thats answered a few questions for me, surprised to hear that plasterers may not be on the SMP, were they on the SOL, fiberous plasterers were and was hoping they would be on the SMP, wish they would hurry up and put us all out of our missery:arghh:Cheers Lesley

Hi Lesley

Yes Solid and Fibrous Plasterers are on the new SOL. I just dont think we will be on the SMP though. But, I never did really! Work for trades still seems slow on the QLD side. I do hope I am wrong though!

I am just hoping that we slot somewhere in between the SMP and SOL in priorities! Otherwise, waiting all that time to get SS was just not worth it hey!

Cheers

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, think I will feel quite deflated if we aren't on the SMP, Australia is supposed to be looking to the future, surely all these proffesional people need buildings to conduct there bussness from, doesn't that mean construction:confused: July 1st can't come quick enough, thats also when property will go on the market:arghh: Lesley

Hi Tasha, think I will feel quite deflated if we aren't on the SMP, Australia is supposed to be looking to the future, surely all these proffesional people need buildings to conduct there bussness from, doesn't that mean construction:confused: July 1st can't come quick enough, thats also when property will go on the market:arghh: Lesley

If that is the case Im not on it then as Q/L removed my trade from SS along with most other trades in not all, May be other states are still doing SS???

Guest bindog1uk

We were also removed from Queensland list to, this won't make a difference to application but may the SMP, just hoping not.

I don't want to dishearten you, maybe the trades will be on the new SMP. You are right that construction does have to continue.

I hope that even if we are not on their SMP, our SS is still worth something and should in reality be of a higher priority than just being on the SOL without a SS... at least you would think so hey!?!

Time will tell... I wish you the best of luck xxx:wubclub:

Archived