QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Guest spongebob

Hi everyone.

Am a newbie to this thread and its taken me half an hour to catch up with everything!!! Can I join?????? mainly cos i'm bored with all the waiting!!:laugh:

We started looking into the process at end of last year doing our "research". Realised we could get in on a 175 i think it was. Decided to wait to tell OH family til Feb half term without doing anything about applying. Yes, you've guessed it.........MODL disappeared. Bloody hell, that scuppered everything, then on top of that mum-in-law had a stroke. Home stuff went from bad to worse/ Oz migration went from bad to worse.

Still can't move forward as waiting for Queenland to sort out State Migration Plan. :SLEEP:

The Queensland government website states that Electronic Engineers are in demand, they were on old SS list and are on new SOL list. But.....will they be on new state migration plan???? Been advised to wait.

Applied to the DIAC expo in September, now waiting to see if they will invite us along.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to be sitting in Queensland. Those of you that have made it please have a nice cold drink and enjoy a good old barbie but remember us still waiting here:wink:

Julian

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all still here in Brisbane still having a hard time getting something even interstate becoming a challenge having to convince agencies im serious about the move and everything even telling them i discussed this with my wife they still try to fob me off trying to stay postive about the whole thing doesnt help with news of other things coming up making me stress alot and wondering did i do the right thing and putting my wife through all this stress have the inlaws asking if i miss the UK just th e snow to be honest but getting harder not to think and have those doubts in your head feels like im alone out here even through the inlaws telling i can ask them anything not easy when you need a magic wond

• 1 month later...

So peeps.....whats everyone up to? Its been very quiet for one of the busiest threads on PIO.

We have just under 13 weeks to go till we migrate. Car boot sales done and we are now ebaying like crazy. House went last year and we are now in rented. Leaving party booked for the 11th December.

It looks like we will both have jobs to go to. Lisa had 2 telephone interviews and got offered 2 jobs as a nurse. Allamanda hospital and Nambour hospital. Bridget (kevs wife) has also jacked up an interview for Lisa at the Prince Charles hospital for when we get there so one way or another Lisa will have a job to go.We just have to decide where we want to live.

I travelled to Brisbane in June and sat all my entrance tests for the Queensland Police. I got told last month that I achieved an A- rating overall and wont have any problems getting offered a training spot at the academy. I got asked did I want to be considered for the November course but I told them that I was not arriving till December so they said they will call me at the beginning of December regarding the January course.

So that's us. Whatabout the rest of you?:eek:

JOHN

Hey All

Just seen this post I am a newbie too!!!

Me and my girlfriend are flying out to Gold Coast 23rd January 2010. Shes a nurse...visa approved, employment for her sorted also.

I have drawn the short straw and and doing all the sorting lol!!! Fortunately no house to sell...but far too many belongings and some serious donations to charity shops required.

Does anyone know of any regular meet ups either Gold Coast or Brisbane? Looking to create a good friends network.

For those of you still ploughing through the red tape and paperwork keep going you will get there eventually.

Hey All

Just seen this post I am a newbie too!!!

Me and my girlfriend are flying out to Gold Coast 23rd January 2010. Shes a nurse...visa approved, employment for her sorted also.

I have drawn the short straw and and doing all the sorting lol!!! Fortunately no house to sell...but far too many belongings and some serious donations to charity shops required.

Does anyone know of any regular meet ups either Gold Coast or Brisbane? Looking to create a good friends network.

For those of you still ploughing through the red tape and paperwork keep going you will get there eventually.

Where did she get her job?

JOHN

Where did she get her job?

JOHN

Hi John

The job is a community based in Robina she's a qualified Learning Disability nurse. I think we are going to be living in Burleigh Heads short term. We are then going to look for somewhere to rent on a more permanent basis.

Where abouts are you guys gonna be based? Have you got somewhere sorted for when you arrive?

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all from sunny Brisbane still here some how got a job recently even through it not what i want using it as a stepping stone for something better recently found out we are expecting number around the same time as last year so you can image all hands on deck at the moment and i can repeat Number two already in some shock as you can image feeling old now lol Just wish wife wouldn't find reasons for not moving states as it frustrating being held back in my career prospects

Guest jewels1356

we live in qld love we both have jobs all though mine is casual but i love it only work in dept store but hey everyone is soooooooooooo nice irecently went back to the uk for 32 weeks and was ready to come back home after 2 weeks and it wasent me who bought this rain either xxxx good luck to everyone i live in paradise and just love my life this site has been of tremendouse help to me while we were waiting for the visa and after as well as i have meet some lovley people on hear who are now my freinds so thanks to pio for all the supportxxxx

julie

xx

• 2 months later...
Guest bindog1uk

Hi Queensland peeps, I'm back:biggrin: had to search through pages to find Tasha's thread, what's happened to you all, have any of you changed states because of the SMP's.

Paul & I are now trying to work through our problems, so hopefully Oz may be back on, but staying with our original decision to stay with Queensland, should get our visa's before the end of this year ( unless they move the goalposts again )

Anyone know what has happened to Matt (wollabollabingbong) can't see his details anymore, has he left us.

Missed you all:wink: give us the goss. Love Lesley:hug::hug:

Hi Queensland peeps, I'm back:biggrin: had to search through pages to find Tasha's thread, what's happened to you all, have any of you changed states because of the SMP's.

Paul & I are now trying to work through our problems, so hopefully Oz may be back on, but staying with our original decision to stay with Queensland, should get our visa's before the end of this year ( unless they move the goalposts again )

Anyone know what has happened to Matt (wollabollabingbong) can't see his details anymore, has he left us.

Great to see you back mate

Hi Lesley

So glad things are being able to be worked out and that the dream is not yet over...

Not a lot of goss really, things have started moving again for many of us, but for us in particular we are now heading down the route of WA, and QLD is now off for us!

Cant stop now as about to sign off and get some dinner.

Take care and glad you are back.

Tasha :hug:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley

So glad things are being able to be worked out and that the dream is not yet over...

Not a lot of goss really, things have started moving again for many of us, but for us in particular we are now heading down the route of WA, and QLD is now off for us!

Cant stop now as about to sign off and get some dinner.

Take care and glad you are back.

Tasha :hug:

Hi Tasha, what's happened to QLD, surely you are so far up the list now that it's not worth changing, thats what our agent told us & QLD is where we want to be. Or is it the you now would like to go to W.A.

Lovely to hear from you again:hug::hug:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
Les are you not on FB

Hi Alan, don't really get a lot of time & alway's seem to be on here, so must find some time to FB, bit thick really when it comes to the internet:laugh:

Hi Tasha, what's happened to QLD, surely you are so far up the list now that it's not worth changing, thats what our agent told us & QLD is where we want to be. Or is it the you now would like to go to W.A.

Lovely to hear from you again:hug::hug:Lesley

Hi Lesley

Well, after waiting so long for QLD to give out SS we decided we would look into WA which, at that time, was our second choice of state. We told them how disappointed we were that QLD had taken so long to deal with our application and that we wanted to be considered under the WA SS. When we finally received the SS for QLD we knew in our hearts that with the new SMP coming out that Gary's trade would not be on it, however, there was going to be a big chance of it being on WA...

So, we investigated WA and even though we love the idea of both QLD and WA we just feel that WA will be better for us as a family and better for Gary with his work. Since the SMP have been released, we were right and are not on QLD but are on the WA SMP so have now jumped up from Cat 5, to Cat 3 and now to a fantastic Cat 2!

I forgot to say in my earlier post that, as from 30 December, we got ourselves a CO and find ourselves even nearer to the goal post! However, as I am never one to do anything easy, and now that I am pregnant we are having to put it all on hold until the baby comes in March. We are just waiting to hear back from our CO regarding the baby situation.

Our CO did write to us and said we had to make a choice between QLD and WA as we had been sponsored by both, and even though we have always been drawn to QLD for some reason we feel WA is now the state for us!

Funny how life changes over the months or should I say years!

Anyway, we can always visit QLD on our holidays as we would love to see more of Australia and not just the Western side.

Best wishes

Tasha x:wubclub:

Tash great post,

My self I would stick with Q L as Perth is way out on its own and you are more restricted from what you can do, having said that if it was my second choice of state and had to take it then so be it. I wish you all the very best of luck with your choice, as you know if you don't like the state you can move on later down the line.

Proview

Guest siamsusie

Tash,

I am sure you wont regret WA. I spent the first five years there, the country's largest state and I found it amazing. I was up north but covered the whole state which is as diverse as. Basically I had a ball.

For me I never felt cut off at all... nearer to Europe, nearer to Asia with much cheaper flights and specials on offer.

WA offers wonderful beaches and a great life style and you can always move over to Queensland at a later date.

Congratulations on the baby by the way

Love Susie x

Tash,

I am sure you wont regret WA. I spent the first five years there, the country's largest state and I found it amazing. I was up north but covered the whole state which is as diverse as. Basically I had a ball.

For me I never felt cut off at all... nearer to Europe, nearer to Asia with much cheaper flights and specials on offer.

WA offers wonderful beaches and a great life style and you can always move over to Queensland at a later date.

Congratulations on the baby by the way

Love Susie x

Hi Susie

Our first impression for WA would be that we would be too isolated, but at the end of the day we cant be anymore isolated than what we are now, living out in the sticks in Northern France!!! Its so quiet here!

There are so many factors to consider with moving to Australia and before we have always had a draw to QLD (don't know why as we have never been but this kept us wanting QLD even when we knew we might have to change states). However, now we have the option of either QLD or WA both my hubby and myself have a feeling that everything happens for a reason and for some reason WA now seems to be the one for us! Only time will tell but we are happy to take the risk.

Thanks for your comments.

Tasha :wubclub:

Tash great post,

My self I would stick with Q L as Perth is way out on its own and you are more restricted from what you can do, having said that if it was my second choice of state and had to take it then so be it. I wish you all the very best of luck with your choice, as you know if you don't like the state you can move on later down the line.

Proview

Hi Alan

I feel quite sad that we are changing states after making so many QLD friends and that I will now probably never get to meet any of you/them!

I will, of course, stay in touch x

Guest siamsusie
Hi Susie

Our first impression for WA would be that we would be too isolated, but at the end of the day we cant be anymore isolated than what we are now, living out in the sticks in Northern France!!! Its so quiet here!

There are so many factors to consider with moving to Australia and before we have always had a draw to QLD (don't know why as we have never been but this kept us wanting QLD even when we knew we might have to change states). However, now we have the option of either QLD or WA both my hubby and myself have a feeling that everything happens for a reason and for some reason WA now seems to be the one for us! Only time will tell but we are happy to take the risk.

Thanks for your comments.

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Tasha,

I was transported straight to rural WA (north) sea, red dirt (ore) salt & sea) and I laughed.:laugh:

Personally I would be more than happy to take WA, employment wise the opportunities are there, the family life is great.. restricted?:no: in fact there are some wonderful opportunities to be had!It is a thriving state.

Perth is a great city, one of our kids has moved over from Adelaide to Joondalup to work and is loving it, the other is up in Karratha where he was born and doing very well... My Tasmanian husband has spent 25/26 years in WA and never had a moments regret and we have no hesitation in recommending WA to anyone.

I loved the fact that I could bomb off to Bali, (2 hrs) Phuket (7 hrs) at a drop of a hat.. and as I have said the fares are very competitive .....

I would be very excited about the prospect... just sit back and enjoy the ride.

love Susie x

PS Tasha, they do have planes going to Queensland lol xxx

Archived