QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk
Is it Monday morning already!...Have a great week every one

Proview

You too, off to bingo today, day off, maybe I will be lucky:biggrin:

More chance of winning at bingo than getting a CO in the near future:laugh:

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bindog1uk

BUMP BUMP AGAIN :biggrin:

Good morning folks, hope your all going to have a good weekend and the SUN is going to show it's face today.

Have a good one :wink: Lesley

BUMP BUMP AGAIN :biggrin:

Good morning folks, hope your all going to have a good weekend and the SUN is going to show it's face today.

Have a good one :wink: Lesley

Did you see on the forum, sticky threads, dais are now suggesting for some people who fall between certain dates to take medicals and police check and front load them?

Did you see on the forum, sticky threads, dais are now suggesting for some people who fall between certain dates to take medicals and police check and front load them?

Hi Proview,

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

Any ideas on what dates are being suggested?

We need some sort of movement with us Cat 3's as its terrible living in limbo not knowing whats happening.

Cheers

Matt

Hi

Thanks for the link.

I have contacted my visa agent to take a look but since its the weekend, they are not working today! Aarrggghhhh!

I discussed this with my agent yesterday he advised me to hang on till I get a co, and that it was my risk to get them done, it's a risk I think is worth taking.

Guest bindog1uk

Wonder how quickly they are thinking it will be before we get proccessed then, our meds run out at the end of May & police checks in June, was expecting to have to re-do these but hopefully not.

Probably get CO in July:laugh: At least it does sound promising, work down here in Devon is pretty c**p for Paul at the moment, needs to get his teeth in something.

:wink: Lesley

Lovely to hear from you, what date is baby due & have the floods affected you:wink: Lesley

Not effected y the floods 15min \s drive from them had a baby scare yesterday spent 4 hours waiting for a doctor to let us go which didn't mind but got a little pissed off with inlaws how keeped dropping hints about cancelling my nite out with my friends first time in ages even got free coporate tickets so ended up cancelling and been cranky all last nite and this morning i know it sounds selfess but 1st time i had the chance since the move

Guest bindog1uk
Not effected y the floods 15min \s drive from them had a baby scare yesterday spent 4 hours waiting for a doctor to let us go which didn't mind but got a little pissed off with inlaws how keeped dropping hints about cancelling my nite out with my friends first time in ages even got free coporate tickets so ended up cancelling and been cranky all last nite and this morning i know it sounds selfess but 1st time i had the chance since the move

Keep us posted when baby arrives, i'm sure inlaws only had your best interest at heart, it's knowing where to draw the line. Never interfear with my daughter-in-law, she's 6'4'' and doesn't take any interfearence from anyone, but have to say she is a really good mum to my two grandchildren.

Have all the floods recieded now and are things getting back to normal for life around you, we hear nothing back hear in the U.K anymore, but i'm sure that you are still in PIO peeps thoughts with the clear-up.

:hug:Lesley

great, so do you think its worth taking a chance, my agent said hang fire, im going to take a chance on them

I am going to ring my visa agent tomorrow and ask them. Then I will decide what to do. I think agents are not advising anyone to get them done as they dont want to be held responsible if things go wrong.

Its roughly £35 for the police checks and anything between £200 - £330 for the health checks, depending on where you go really. There is a place in Manchester which is ideal.

I will let you know tomorrow on what my agent said and what my plans are.

Cheers

My agents reply................

I think the whole visa is a gamble.............

Hi

Thank you for your email.

I wouldn't risk trying to second-guess when your application is likely to reach the top of the pile at the moment. I don't trust Immigration as far as I could throw them given all the chopping and changing that's gone on over the last year or so. Immigration tried to encourage people to have their medicals and police checks up front a couple of years ago and it worked OK for a while until the processing times started to blow out and the results expired. This meant having to pay for them all over again and they're not cheap as you're probably aware.

My gut reaction is to sit tight until you are allocated a case officer but if you want to do them at your own risk then just let me know. You have to respond within 28 days when Immigration formally ask you to do the medicals and police checks so I don't really see how it's going to shorten things dramatically to be honest.

The reference to standard documentation means things like passports, birth certificates, etc not medicals and police checks.

My agents reply................

I think the whole visa is a gamble.............

Hi

Thank you for your email.

I wouldn't risk trying to second-guess when your application is likely to reach the top of the pile at the moment. I don't trust Immigration as far as I could throw them given all the chopping and changing that's gone on over the last year or so. Immigration tried to encourage people to have their medicals and police checks up front a couple of years ago and it worked OK for a while until the processing times started to blow out and the results expired. This meant having to pay for them all over again and they're not cheap as you're probably aware.

My gut reaction is to sit tight until you are allocated a case officer but if you want to do them at your own risk then just let me know. You have to respond within 28 days when Immigration formally ask you to do the medicals and police checks so I don't really see how it's going to shorten things dramatically to be honest.

The reference to standard documentation means things like passports, birth certificates, etc not medicals and police checks.

Your agents probably correct but I just want to do something that could speed up receiving a visa because we have been waiting and waiting and feel helpless to do anything about it.

Living in limbo sucks.

Guest bindog1uk
Your agents probably correct but I just want to do something that could speed up receiving a visa because we have been waiting and waiting and feel helpless to do anything about it.

Living in limbo sucks.

Hi Matt, have sent visa bureau a message, will see what they say tommorow, think they will not advise frontloading, too late for us we've already done it, but want to get their reaction and see how quick they think we will get proccessed in cat 3.

Let us know what their reply is to you:biggrin: Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

End of May for meds & June for Pc's, sure we will have to do them again even though it does look promising with the news for cat3, don't think they will be that quick, do you?

Guest bindog1uk
This yr has to be our yr............If i can get our med booked for Easter time then it gives us 12 month to Easter 2012, if we not got visa by then we knocking it on the head and put the file in the bin.

Feel very much the same, think we will have to wait for CO & then do our Pc's & meds again, as we won't get chance to validate visa's before our year is up. Would ideally now like to move the begining of next year now & have taken property off the market to wait & see if prices rise again.

Brisbane on WDU now for anyone, BBC1.

Alan you make me laugh saying put the file in the BIN...... I have been there and now back on track again and waiting my turn for the VISA to be FINALISED !! PLS !!

To say that though we have no plans to move in the next few yrs but are going to validate our visa. We are hoping the interest rate will pick up and maybe house prices here will go up al ittle to make more money on the house. Also we are gonna nuckle down and save as much as possible after our holiday in July. Think there working on Feb/March at the moment.

Anyway Lesley let me know what Visa Bureau say.....!! Saves me asking too !

We havent front loaded our medical but are hoping for a CO pretty soon, we are June or July application.

This yr has to be our yr............If i can get our med booked for Easter time then it gives us 12 month to Easter 2012, if we not got visa by then we knocking it on the head and put the file in the bin.

Morning

I emailed my agent on Friday once you told me about the George Lombard thread, I have checked my emails but nothing from them as of yet.

Perhaps they are all studying the recent news from DIAC before contacting us.

Matt

Hi Matt, have sent visa bureau a message, will see what they say tommorow, think they will not advise frontloading, too late for us we've already done it, but want to get their reaction and see how quick they think we will get proccessed in cat 3.

Let us know what their reply is to you:biggrin: Lesley

Morning

Yeah I sent an email on Saturday (oops I thought I sent it friday) morning to Visa Bureau and rang them also, but since it was Saturday no one was in.

Just waiting for some response today either by phone or email. I will let you know once they reply, be sure to let me know if you hear anything.

Cheers

Archived