QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Guest bindog1uk

HIi peeps, had email back from our agent advising that those in cat2 were pretty safe to go ahead with meds & pc's, but he did advise at this present time it's not advisable for those of us in cat3 to do so. He did say that it is looking pretty good for the near future & didn't seem to think that it wouldn't be too long now :jiggy::jiggy:

:wink::wink:Lesley

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my reply from the agen...thought u might like to read it

Hi Lindsey and Spencer

As your occupation did not feature on the SMP for Queensland, you are currently progressing as a category 3 applicant. Officially, category 3 applicants lodged up until January 2009 have now been allocated to case officers, but they are working through them quite slowly at the moment. They have said that all category 3 applicants lodged up until June 2010 will be allocated and processed by the end of 2011 though, so yours should be allocated well before the end of the year if they work through them fairly consistently. Because so many people have been elevated to category 2 though, these are taking precedence at the moment.

We saw the message from DIAC about front-loading and have taken a cautious approach here, because of changes which occurred in the past to priority processing times. As the dates by which you do these checks affects your initial entry date to Australia, it is not in your interests to do them too early, as you may be left with a very small window in which to make your first trip out. You have 12 months from the date you completed health and character checks, no matter when the visa is granted. If you sat medicals now you would have until February 2012 to enter, even if the visa was not granted until the very end of 2011. If you think you can plan a trip out to Australia at short notice, and think that you want to start medicals now let me know and I will get the instructions sent out to you by Jodie, your caseworker. If you want to talk it through further feel free to call me directly and we can explain.

We are hopeful we will get news through on your visa within the next 6 months or so, and hopefully sooner.

This is my reply from the agen...thought u might like to read it

Hi Lindsey and Spencer

As your occupation did not feature on the SMP for Queensland, you are currently progressing as a category 3 applicant. Officially, category 3 applicants lodged up until January 2009 have now been allocated to case officers, but they are working through them quite slowly at the moment. They have said that all category 3 applicants lodged up until June 2010 will be allocated and processed by the end of 2011 though, so yours should be allocated well before the end of the year if they work through them fairly consistently. Because so many people have been elevated to category 2 though, these are taking precedence at the moment.

We saw the message from DIAC about front-loading and have taken a cautious approach here, because of changes which occurred in the past to priority processing times. As the dates by which you do these checks affects your initial entry date to Australia, it is not in your interests to do them too early, as you may be left with a very small window in which to make your first trip out. You have 12 months from the date you completed health and character checks, no matter when the visa is granted. If you sat medicals now you would have until February 2012 to enter, even if the visa was not granted until the very end of 2011. If you think you can plan a trip out to Australia at short notice, and think that you want to start medicals now let me know and I will get the instructions sent out to you by Jodie, your caseworker. If you want to talk it through further feel free to call me directly and we can explain.

We are hopeful we will get news through on your visa within the next 6 months or so, and hopefully sooner.

Hey,

Im a Carpenter and lodged on 9th June 2009.

My agent advised with a similar email but she did mention that they personal recommend only applicants who lodged between Jan 2009 and July 2009 should think about proceeding with the Health and Police checks. I am going to check to the see the availabilty of the health check doctors in case there is a waiting list.

I reckon I will have the police and health checks done within 2 months. This would take me into April 2011 so if I received the visa in Dec 2011, I would still have 4 months to arrange personal belongings before the deadline expires.

Cheers

Hey,

Im a Carpenter and lodged on 9th June 2009.

My agent advised with a similar email but she did mention that they personal recommend only applicants who lodged between Jan 2009 and July 2009 should think about proceeding with the Health and Police checks. I am going to check to the see the availabilty of the health check doctors in case there is a waiting list.

I reckon I will have the police and health checks done within 2 months. This would take me into April 2011 so if I received the visa in Dec 2011, I would still have 4 months to arrange personal belongings before the deadline expires.

To be honest...were in know rush so going to wait until asked and gives us longer ...were only going to validate and move over in the next few yrs when the exchange rate etc picks up hopefully. :smile:

Guest bindog1uk

BUMP BUMP :chatterbox:

See the Washers ( Jason ), has got a CO, great news for all of us in Cat3, he lodged May 2009, so lets hope that things will be moving for us all soon:biggrin:

Can't quite work out yet why so many have CO's but still not a huge amount of visa's, must be a huge backlog:arghh::arghh:

GOOD LUCK PEEPS:wink: Lesley

Guest washer rs

BUMP BUMP :chatterbox:

See the Washers ( Jason ), has got a CO, great news for all of us in Cat3, he lodged May 2009, so lets hope that things will be moving for us all soon:biggrin:

Can't quite work out yet why so many have CO's but still not a huge amount of visa's, must be a huge backlog

GOOD LUCK PEEPS:wink: Lesley

Hi lesley, i know it sounds weird but over the weekend i was thinking this is the week, with that my phone rang today and it was my agent i was well shocked but also well pleased of course...

I do think it mad tho, you have to wait 1,2 or even 3 years for diac to give you a co then they only give you 28days to do your meds etc. still not that i want to hang around..:jiggy:

If all goes well i think you will get a co before your meds run out, or you may even get your visa straight away, fingers crossed for you x

Jason :biggrin:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi lesley, i know it sounds weird but over the weekend i was thinking this is the week, with that my phone rang today and it was my agent i was well shocked but also well pleased of course...

I do think it mad tho, you have to wait 1,2 or even 3 years for diac to give you a co then they only give you 28days to do your meds etc. still not that i want to hang around..:jiggy:

If all goes well i think you will get a co before your meds run out, or you may even get your visa straight away, fingers crossed for you x

Jason :biggrin:

Hi Jason, still think we will have to do our meds again, cos we won't get chance to validate visa before meds run out, would mean we have to enter Oz before the end of May, only giving us a very short window. But lets wait & see, great to see things moving again for cat 3's, lets just hope Co's don't take too long dealing with each case.

:wink: Lesley

Hey just thought i would let you all know i got a case officer this morning and resquested medicals, police checks and a new passport which is due to expire in July.

Just thought i would share the great news with you all.

They have also put me down for the 175 visa too....which is what we wanted giving us the chance to live anywhere !

Thanks guys

Hey just thought i would let you all know i got a case officer this morning and resquested medicals, police checks and a new passport which is due to expire in July.

Just thought i would share the great news with you all.

They have also put me down for the 175 visa too....which is what we wanted giving us the chance to live anywhere !

Thanks guys

Fantastic news, even better with the 175, although i think you will still reside in Qlnd.:biglaugh:

Guest bindog1uk
yeah and im only a few mth after you, so im also getting giddy now!:biglaugh:

Looks like more sleepless nights ahead when your wondering if it just might be your turn at last:SLEEP: up at 4 o'clock just to check the mail:laugh: don't think it can be too long now, hopefully in the next few weeks:wink:

Guest washer rs

Hi Everyone,

Hi Lesley, Hope all is good with you? Just to keep you posted, we had a nice day out in London today, it was a tad bit cold but we managed to get our Meds done & now just waiting for Pcc's to come in the post :jiggy:

It really feels like things are moving along now so hopefully not to long for all of us now..

Jason :cool:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Everyone,

Hi Lesley, Hope all is good with you? Just to keep you posted, we had a nice day out in London today, it was a tad bit cold but we managed to get our Meds done & now just waiting for Pcc's to come in the post :jiggy:

It really feels like things are moving along now so hopefully not to long for all of us now..

Hi Jason, shouldn't be too long now before you get your visa's then, things seem to be moving quite quickly now for cat 3's, just wish Connie would hurry up back so as we can see properly who's got CO's. Getting very excited, hoping we get our's in the next few months, think we've all waited long enough now.

:wink:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

GOOD MORNING PEEPS:biggrin:

Just bumping thread up again, hope your all keeping well.

Paul has been looking for jobs in QLD on the internet and suprisingly there are loads of employers advertising for suspended ceiling fixers and dry wall liners ( fibrous platerers ) so frustraiting as work is hard to find here in Devon at the moment. Just need that little thing called a visa and then it's full steam ahead:biglaugh:

All have a good weekend and lets hope that next week brings us a few more pinks and purples:rolleyes::v_SPIN:

:wink:Lesley

hi guys,

huge relief today,we are 07/09 qld ss applicants, so we know things are close,my stepsons father signed 1276 form and stat dec to give permission for him to go to aus,there possibily wasnt any reason to worried but relieved to have those signatures. pcc's & meds next.

Guest bindog1uk

[attach]2878[/attach]

[attach]2879[/attach]

[attach]2880[/attach]

[attach]2881[/attach]

Guest bindog1uk

[attach]2882[/attach]

[attach]2883[/attach]

[attach]2884[/attach]

[attach]2885[/attach]

Just a few more, these are of 1770 :biggrin:

Guest bindog1uk

Soon as you get excited again everything seems to stop, whats with all cat2's getting co's, hundreds of them & very few visa's being given, why is there a backlog or is it me just getting very impatient & wanting them to start on cat3's:arghh::arghh: Lesley

Evening all Hope all keeping well, Still in Rural Brisbane feel strange after visiting Sydney yesterday think my visit went ok made the effort see some agencies while i was down there hard to get the point across that i was serious about relocating down there once i get a job even through they have the idea i should move the family down with out a job Nuts in my views that just crazy. Not long till number 2 comes along really scared that for sure

Guest washer rs

Hi Lesley,

Good news today, we had our VISA GRANTED, Its all happened so quick. We had our Med's done on 1st march, they were sent on the 4th & finalised in AU on 8th. Police checks came back last thursday 10th which we scanned & sent the same day. And today is the day:biggrin: :jiggy:

So much to sort out... Hopefully not to long for you now,,

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley,

Good news today, we had our VISA GRANTED, Its all happened so quick. We had our Med's done on 1st march, they were sent on the 4th & finalised in AU on 8th. Police checks came back last thursday 10th which we scanned & sent the same day. And today is the day:biggrin: :jiggy:

So much to sort out... Hopefully not to long for you now,,

CONGRATULATIONS JASON, been a really long wait, so pleased for you, hopefully it won't be too long now for the rest of us. Are you out this weekend then to celebrate:wacko: & do you have any idea when you will be making the move.

:hug::hug:Lesley :wink:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Jason, can't find your timeline on cat 2 or cat 3 thread, are you not on there & can you let us have it.

:wink: Lesley

Archived