QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Will after chasing the european references and american reference i didnt get the job i wanted but may end up with work for the company im temping for which is ok i guess but told the wife to nite if i expect this job she ahve to expect that i be looking outer state as im not getting any younger(30) for the job i want and the career i had back home dont know if i over stepped the line but feel if i dont purse my dream i given up everything i had back home for nothing and all the promises i made on the day i asked her to marry me where for nothing. GOD PEOPLE MUST THINK IM A VICTOR MELDREW lol

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

chin up Cranky Pom. Don't give up.

Love

Rudi

x

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will after chasing the european references and american reference i didnt get the job i wanted but may end up with work for the company im temping for which is ok i guess but told the wife to nite if i expect this job she ahve to expect that i be looking outer state as im not getting any younger(30) for the job i want and the career i had back home dont know if i over stepped the line but feel if i dont purse my dream i given up everything i had back home for nothing and all the promises i made on the day i asked her to marry me where for nothing. GOD PEOPLE MUST THINK IM A VICTOR MELDREW lol

Life sucks at times... You will get through it and things will get sorted eventually! Just keep at it and try not to let it get you down too much.

Sometimes we have to look outside the box to find the answers... Its not nice having to work away but sometimes needs must. My OH has just spent 7 weeks working in the UK as he had no work here in France. It was awful saying goodbye to him and the kids were devastated to say the least! But when there is a Global Economic Crisis going on we have to change our lifestyle to suit and go where the work is.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you get a break soon...

Tasha x:hug:

P.S Hope the little baby is doing well and sleeping at night now!:wubclub:

Up at 6am today, off to sell all my garage stuff that we brought from our other house a couple of weeks ago, It felt great to watch other people buying my so called rubbish, and now my new garage is looking much better, cant wait for the time when im selling the stuff for my move to oz.

proview

Guest bindog1uk

Good morning peeps, finally gone and done it, bungalow up for sale, board up outside, so now I feel a bit sad and a lot frustrated. Like most just wanting to start a new life, but just being held back, 1st came and went and still none the wiser, lets hope they start proccessing cat5 soon.:wink:Lesley

Good luck with it all Lesley! I hope we start to see some movement on the Cat 5 peeps. I just hope we are not left to rot... Why is it there are still no answers!!! I am getting fed up with it all now!

Anyway, enjoing the weather and making the most of being outdoors:cute:.

Take care xxx

Guest bindog1uk

Thanks Tasha, just hope that selling the property is not in vane:unsure: shouldn't be too long now before we know something, but then again I suppose there will still be many twists and turns added to something that should be quite straightforward, they either want us or they don't:arghh: Think sometimes that my mum with dementia could do a better job of it than those in DIAC:biglaugh: Lesley

Guest washer rs
Hi Jason, lovely to hear from you again, wondered where you'd been. Have a lovely holiday, where you of to, anywhere nice, speak when you get back, cheers for now:wink:Lesley

Hi Lesley, sorry it has been a long time, i always have a look to see whats happening but never sign in..!! just been getting a little feed up with it all i think.!!

Anyway i had a nice week away, went to Fueteventura, very hot, nice and chilled out, just had to try & forget about checking pio on the 1st of July but once again i see there has been no change :arghh: how long do we have to wait now?? It all sounds a bit of a worry not knowing if we can use our SS, lets hope so..

I see you have put your house up for sale, a big move but lets hope we get some good news & things start moving again, then hopefully everything will fall into place for you. Good luck with your sale..

Jason :cool:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi QLD peeps,:biggrin:

Does anyone have any news yet on SMP, any inside info:laugh:

They told me should be any day now, not sure if I want to know, might end in tears:cry:

Hope they get on with Cat 5 in the meantime:wink:Lesley

I have no further info Lesley... just a case of waiting and seeing what happens, if at all!!!

I think we should have gone for WA instead of QLD though as their list is going to be a lot bigger I reckon... Still its QLD all the way for us, not sure why but just have that feeling. So lets hope they get our applications sorted soon!

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk
I have no further info Lesley... just a case of waiting and seeing what happens, if at all!!!

I think we should have gone for WA instead of QLD though as their list is going to be a lot bigger I reckon... Still its QLD all the way for us, not sure why but just have that feeling. So lets hope they get our applications sorted soon!

Cheers

Tasha x

Hi Tasha, I also think that QLD's list will be a lot shorter than WA, but like you if we decide to carry on it's that or nothing. Just hoping that we find out this week, get up in the morning and get online first before I switch on the kettle, how sad is that:laugh:Lesley

Hi Tasha, I also think that QLD's list will be a lot shorter than WA, but like you if we decide to carry on it's that or nothing. Just hoping that we find out this week, get up in the morning and get online first before I switch on the kettle, how sad is that:laugh:Lesley

LOL @ YOU & ME!!!:laugh: You are no sadder than me hun... I get up, get the kids breakfast and while they are eating I am loading up the computer! It then gets left on all day so I can pop in and out the office to see if there are any more updates!

Its like an obsession! I have to say though, I am trying to wean myself off it a little now and try not to post as often as before... BUT LOOK! Here I am posting again, so obviously its not working!!!

:twitcy:Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Have been on here just about all day today, started new thread, weekly weigh in, it's gone mad, nice to know that i'm not the only one who has put on a few pounds, been a laugh so far, but good to support one another.

Hope tommorow brings us some sort of news, don't you, it's becoming a drag:mad:Lesley

Hi Guys, I know the feeling of this waiting game, it's getting to me too, the obsession takes over your life, I also used to log on first thing the I used to find my self popping in the office checking fo updates all the time, Im glad to say since We have moved house I don't find the time so much for PIO, If things do pick up then I'm sure many more will be back on to see what's going on.

Proview

Guest bindog1uk

What do you reckon the chances of QLD SMP being out tommorow are, when I phoned they told me the middle of the month, bet I'm still sat here tommorow evening none the wiser:cry:Lesley

What do you reckon the chances of QLD SMP being out tommorow are, when I phoned they told me the middle of the month, bet I'm still sat here tommorow evening none the wiser:cry:Lesley

Yep, you will probably be sat there tomorrow evening and the one after that and the one after that!!!:twitcy: I will be very shocked if they are out tomorrow!

In fact, its already the 15th in QLD, so I would have thought if it was going to be out they would have had their website updated in the night ready for the SMP to go live in the morning... So I am guessing that if its not on their website now, it wont be tomorrow either!

Tasha :rolleyes: x

Guest bindog1uk
At this moment in time I don't care less, I'm having fun in Egypt

DSC_2062.JPG

Hi Alan, enjoy your holiday:wink: Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Peeps, not looking too good for tradies in QLD according to our agent, what do you all think. We are now cat 3 but think this could lull you into a false sense of what is really happening, when the SMP is implemented there will undoutedly be a large number of peeps before us. 3 sounds better than 5 but it's volume of applications that will go before you.

As Tasha has said I think our only hope is that they process a large number of us before they get onto cat 2, whats your views:unsure: Lesley

Archived