QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Evening all still here in Brizvegas cant complain to much my temp assignment becoming a nitemare in the last 4 weeks exculding 2 public holidays i not ben given ma full week and Friday really hit out when i was told im only need 2 days a week and knowing i turned down a chance to work else aware for a different emp agency paying less felt a little peed off that i lost a guarntee 40 hrs week feels like i going in circles but hoping the interview i had last week will pay off as i so need some luck right now. But apart from all that levi doing great growing heaps and im sure he going to be be 6ft. He got to watch his forst FA Cup final last nite dont tell the wife lol but could see his little face light up.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am hoping for a bit of help.

I am an electrical engineer (building services design) and my research so far has indicated I should be able to acheive 90K - 110k AUD. The question is will I beable to have a decent way of life on this sort of money or will I be no better of than UK (not including sunetc I mean buying house etc). I have 45K Sterling to put down on a house.

I have tried to find out but am now getting really confused!

We have received state sponsorship for Queensland and are intending to submit our 176 visa in June. We are however giving serious thought to either staying in UK or going to NZ or Canada.

Any help really appreciated.

Doc 53

Hi,

I am hoping for a bit of help.

I am an electrical engineer (building services design) and my research so far has indicated I should be able to acheive 90K - 110k AUD. The question is will I beable to have a decent way of life on this sort of money or will I be no better of than UK (not including sunetc I mean buying house etc). I have 45K Sterling to put down on a house.

I have tried to find out but am now getting really confused!

We have received state sponsorship for Queensland and are intending to submit our 176 visa in June. We are however giving serious thought to either staying in UK or going to NZ or Canada.

Any help really appreciated.

Doc 53

some people go with very little and still make a good life for them self, if you get the chance give it a go mate

proview

Proview, thanks for the reply.

It means I do not have to watch the graphic boy george docudrama my wife has on at the moment!

What I was hoping for though was an indicaiton off someone already in Bris (if that somone sees this) about whether that pay is good/average/bad, will leave me worse off than UK etc.

When and where are you looking to go?

Thanks again

John

Guest bindog1uk
check out George Lombard, New sol details out now, good news for some but not for others.

Hi Alan, how do you think the new SOL will affect us, Carpenter is on there as well as Fiberous Plasterer, do you think that it will actually speed up things for us now:biggrin: I do hope so :wink:Lesley

Hi Alan, how do you think the new SOL will affect us, Carpenter is on there as well as Fiberous Plasterer, do you think that it will actually speed up things for us now:biggrin: I do hope so :wink:Lesley

Lesley this can only be positive news for us, lets see how we go in in the next 6 mths

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Alan, have e-mailed our agent to get his thoughts on this, asked if he thought that we may get over there before the end of this year, if so we will get property up for sale in the next few weeks. Have now done meds and will be doing pc's in the next few days:wink:. Paul is away in Poole at the moment doing a job, was on the phone to him this morning giving him the good news, made his day:laugh:

Let you know agents views when I get them, but can only be good for us:biggrin:Lesley

So Alan, will this affect your house buying plans?

JOHN

still going ahead with the new property as this will allow me to make more profit during the wait for the visa, once visa arrives then we will access our situation maybe leave it for rent or leave it for sale while in oz,

cheers

Hi Guys,

Sorry have not been around much lately. Gary has been back in the UK working and we have just been back to visit him.

Had a lovely time taking the kids to London for the first time, we had lots of fun, Hamley's, London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the girls even made one of the serious guards laugh speaking English and French to them! That was their best bit apparently:biglaugh:.

I am back now, so will be back on here more... LOL :laugh:

Congrats to the Dougans for getting your visa... I am off to the other thread to update your info! :wink:

Cheers

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

MANY CONGRATULATIONS DOUGANS:wink: ANOTHER GOOD ONE FOR QUEENSLAND PEEPS:laugh:LESLEY AND PAUL.

Guest bindog1uk

Basically our agent has said that the new SOL won't make any difference to us yet, it all depends on the SMP, what happens when the CSL ends. So yet again we are in for another wait :SLEEP: lets just hope they don't take too long to let us all know, at least things do look more promising for some.:wink:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
I hope so too!!!!! Fingers crossed for you all. Such a frustrating time for everyone. I should imagine there's some pretty disappointed people out there right now.

Love

Rudi

x

That will be us then - chef not on new SOL. Here's hoping QLD put us on SMP or it is pretty much over for us :cry:

Donna x

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

CONGRATULATIONS to the Dougans - well chuffed for you

:notworthy:

Donna x

Guest bindog1uk
That will be us then - chef not on new SOL. Here's hoping QLD put us on SMP or it is pretty much over for us :cry:

Donna x

Hi Donna, will the new SOL make a difference to you, our agent says that visa's already lodged it shouldn't make a difference . Sure somebody else will be on to let you know. Good luck, Lesley

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
Hi Donna, will the new SOL make a difference to you, our agent says that visa's already lodged it shouldn't make a difference . Sure somebody else will be on to let you know. Good luck, Lesley

Hi Lesley

No the list itself does not make a difference but I guess (and it is a guess) that the states may mirror a lot of it on their SMPs. It is just a little deflating but until these other lists come out I guess we are all still in the dark. If it was not for Proview and Tasha on Facebook I would not even have known about the SOL as I have not been coming on here quite so much lately. Hope you are well and keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

Donna

Archived