QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Hi Lesley

No the list itself does not make a difference but I guess (and it is a guess) that the states may mirror a lot of it on their SMPs. It is just a little deflating but until these other lists come out I guess we are all still in the dark. If it was not for Proview and Tasha on Facebook I would not even have known about the SOL as I have not been coming on here quite so much lately. Hope you are well and keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

Donna

Hi

That made me chuckle because thats how i found out off Alan on Facebook :biglaugh:

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bindog1uk
Hi Lesley

No the list itself does not make a difference but I guess (and it is a guess) that the states may mirror a lot of it on their SMPs. It is just a little deflating but until these other lists come out I guess we are all still in the dark. If it was not for Proview and Tasha on Facebook I would not even have known about the SOL as I have not been coming on here quite so much lately. Hope you are well and keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

Donna

Hi Donna, think everyone is on tenderhooks at the moment, seems to be that all we do is wait and wait. Paul's job is on the SOL ( Fiberous Plasterer) but it doesn't make any difference, it does look more promising but all depends on the SMP. Just wish they would hurry up and get it sorted, don't think DIAC realize how much it affects our everyday lives, thousands of people turning their lives upside down, with constant knockbacks, really unfair. Lets just hope for some good news soon, roll on July 1st and hope that lots more peeps get visa's in next years quota:wink:Lesley

Hi

Email for you all to have a read from our agent, !!

Dear Spencer,

Earlier this week, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) released the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL). You can view the new SOL by clicking here http://www.visabureau.com/australia/sol.aspx.

Please understand that the new SOL does not directly affect you as you have already lodged your visa and you will NOT be required to obtain a new skills assessment, even if your occupation is no longer on the SOL.

We are only sending you this email becausewe wanted to keep you up to date. There have been no further updates or changes to the processing times, so for the moment the timescales are as follows:

Applicants WITH an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL).

Within 12 months of your lodgement date.

Applicants WITHOUT an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL) .

Within 3 years of your lodgement date.

If you are unsure as to whether your occupation is on the CSL you can check here: http://www.visabureau.com/australia/critical-skills-list.aspx

We expect the Minister to release a new Priority Processing Directive upon the revocation of the CSL list, which is proposed to take place on 1 July, 2010. At this time, it is also expected that the state governments will release their State Migration Plans. Please understand that the State Migration Plans are NOT the same as the current state sponsorship agreements. You can read more about the State Migration Plans here: http://www.visabureau.com/australia/state-migration-plans.aspx

According to the current Priority Processing Directive, applicants who can secure a sponsorship under a State Migration Plan will be eligible for priority processing. Therefore, we will be monitoring this closely and advise you whether you are eligible once they are introduced. However, we will not be able to advise you as to your eligibility until the State Migration Plans are published sometime after 1 July, 2010.

If you are interested in monitoring the developments as they happen, please check our blog: http://www.visabureau.com/blog/category/Australia.aspx

Kind regards,

Guest bindog1uk

Cheers, have just recieved exactly the same one from them to, didn't actually say that we have to wait till July for Queensland, did I read that right:wink:Lesley

Can I join in here. Just new anD a little bit shy too. :D

Hi Mystes

More the merrier... welcome to PiO and to this thread...

Tell us a bit about yourself? Are you already in QLD or are you waiting for the visa like many of us on this thread?

Don't feel shy on here, we are all very nice:wink:

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Hi all Queensland peeps, have just got back from an alcholic weekend away in Bristol, do we have any news yet on the SMP:laugh: and has everyone enjoyed the sunshine:biggrin:

I'm feeling really posative this week, hope your all the same:jiggy:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

HI QUEENSLAND PEEPS , Thought I would wake thread up again. Any news from anyone, baby's on the way pink:wub: or blue:GEEK: , anyone been arrested for drunk and dissordely:policeman:, been on holiday:biggrin: moved house.

OR ANYONE GOT ANY INSIDE INFO ON SMP.

HI QUEENSLAND PEEPS , Thought I would wake thread up again. Any news from anyone, baby's on the way pink:wub: or blue:GEEK: , anyone been arrested for drunk and dissordely:policeman:, been on holiday:biggrin: moved house.

OR ANYONE GOT ANY INSIDE INFO ON SMP.

Yes me Im still not out of my house yet its snail pace, will keep you updated as i hope to be out very soon.:arghh:

Guest bindog1uk
Yes me Im still not out of my house yet its snail pace, will keep you updated as i hope to be out very soon.:arghh:

Are you still going into rented accomadation, hopefully your job will be on the SMP, so if so will you be ready to go. Whats the hold up with your property, is it the peeps that are buying or the estate agent? We had two estate agents round yesterday and another one tommorow, then we will decide who to go with and get it on the market. When we sell we will defo go into rented and keep our fingers crossed:twitcy:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
Another beautiful day coming up...So, I think I may go fishing...

Cheers, Bobj.

You lucky b*****d, don't let the big one get away:wink: Lesley

Are you still going into rented accomadation, hopefully your job will be on the SMP, so if so will you be ready to go. Whats the hold up with your property, is it the peeps that are buying or the estate agent? We had two estate agents round yesterday and another one tommorow, then we will decide who to go with and get it on the market. When we sell we will defo go into rented and keep our fingers crossed:twitcy:Lesley

The buyers solicitors are causing the hold up, as the buyer is disabled and her money is in a trust from when she had an accident a while ago, so they have to make sure its all to her advantage and that no stone is left uncovered if you get my drift.

Regard SMP and oz that seems far away at the moment too many things going on all at the same time, If we new It for sure we would be on smp then things may be different but im not sure what happens if we do go on smp do we get pushed up the queue or is that only PIO talk and wishful thinking!

Guest bindog1uk
The buyers solicitors are causing the hold up, as the buyer is disabled and her money is in a trust from when she had an accident a while ago, so they have to make sure its all to her advantage and that no stone is left uncovered if you get my drift.

Regard SMP and oz that seems far away at the moment too many things going on all at the same time, If we new It for sure we would be on smp then things may be different but im not sure what happens if we do go on smp do we get pushed up the queue or is that only PIO talk and wishful thinking!

I really cannot see that if your job is on the SMP and having S.S. for that State, that you won't get priority, i'm no polition, but it makes no sense or purpouse to have a list if it has no meaning, that of course could just be my wishfull thinking:wink:

Good luck with the move, hope it all happens soon for you, Lesley

G-day,...... go and catch em-mate

You bet!

Caught on tuesday: Golden trevally and it was released.

2552010004.jpg

But first, I must join in the quiz that Britchix is holding...AT 9.30 pm UK time.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest30038
BRRRRRR it's a cold one here this morning! Had the heating on for the first time!!

Love

Rudi

x

Wuss! :wink:

kev

Guest bindog1uk
BRRRRRR it's a cold one here this morning! Had the heating on for the first time!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi, whats the tempreture there then 20deg:laugh:

Loving the cold evening here in QLD reminding me of home work sitution still not good but Levi keeping me busy but wishing the inlaws stop comparing me them to what they did in a similiar sititution so it hard for me to feel comfortable when we visit them every weekend not looking forward to Sunday Wife birthday and cant do anything for her so feeling in the dumps but i still breathing which is a good thing Sorry all just need to get it off my chest

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Onecrankypom, you just need to gently remind the inlaws that Levi is your child not theirs and that times have changed along with idea's, you have to be firm now and lay down YOUR rules or you will make a rod for your own back in the future, you don't need to be rude but stick to your guns, good luck.

As for the cold, whats the tempreture there, it's lovely here in the U.K. at the moment, just hope it last's:wink:Lesley

Archived