Guest guest36187

We want to convert my parent's subclass 103 to subclass 143. I have some questions before we make this decision. Any information from personal experienmces will be really helpful. 

Question 1:

During the wait for subclass 103 application to move up the queue if the primary applicant or

secondary applicant dies will the other applicant still remain in the queue or lose their

position/ application?

Question 2:

Can we withdraw the secondary applicant’s application from subclass 103 and apply for

Contributory 143 or 864 without affecting the queue date of the primary applicant?

Question 3:

Clearing the health requirement is mandatory for the visa to be granted.

What will happen if one applicant (  eg primary applicant) does not clear the health requirement and the other clears it?

Will the visa be granted for applicants whose health requirement is cleared?  

Does this apply to both subclass 143 and subclass 864 category?

Question 4:

If we withdraw both applicants from subclass 103 can we change the order of the applicants ( i.e

make the secondary applicant primary and vice versa)

Question 5: 

How rigorous is the health requirement assessment? 

Is there a waiver if one applicant does not clear it? (Concerns: No TB, No HIV so hoping the blood test and chest X-ray will be clear but they have mobility issues.

They can sit up and do everything on their own like eating..etc. The only thing is cannot walk independently so needs a wheelchair most of the time)

How would this affect their application? 

Thanks in Advance for your replies. 

I'll answer question 1: if you withdraw the 103 when lodging the 143 application the lodgment date of the 103 visa application will be used when deciding when the 143 application should be allocated for processing.

So if the 103 visa apploication was lodged in or prior to June 2016 the 143 application should proceed quickly to requests for health and character.

Best regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i am new to this thread. My mum is here in australia with me on 600 visitor visa. There is no conditions on her visa. I am looking to apply for 143 visa. I am just wondering which is the best pathway that she can stay with us all time via Bridging visa or other means. Based on your experience can you please guide me, what pathway should i follow. Thank you

On 29/06/2022 at 10:25, Paul Dhaliwal said:

Hello, i am new to this thread. My mum is here in australia with me on 600 visitor visa. There is no conditions on her visa. I am looking to apply for 143 visa. I am just wondering which is the best pathway that she can stay with us all time via Bridging visa or other means. Based on your experience can you please guide me, what pathway should i follow. Thank you

How old is she, Paul?

Best regards.

Hi friends

I was looking at the documents for the 143/864 application and one of them is the sponsor form (40). I was wondering if anyone knew at what stage of the process this is assessed and the sponsor 'approved'? Is this before you are added to the queue or at some point way down the track?

My partner and I both had full time jobs on good incomes until a couple years ago when we both decided to do postgrad masters courses. I (the child sponsor) have only recently started working full time again and he won't for a while yet as his is longer. 

Will it be a problem if I only write down a couple of months on the 'previous 2 years employment' question? Should I list my past job too? Maybe include tax returns for us both from a couple years ago (150k+ household income) or even some bank statements to show a decent level of savings? Has anyone ever been interrogated at this stage about how you will provide support?

Obviously by the time the visa is actually considered for approval in 15 years or whatever, our circumstances will be completely different and we expect to both be working full time again.

Hi All, 

Has anyone recently tried to send the blank email to parents@homeaffairs to get the status of applications and dates etc. There used to be some information at least previously but now they just send you a BOLD and HUGE font email with no info at all. 😞

image.thumb.png.8380648cc357fb0f5346b4dee922089b.png

Hi All, 

I applied for my Mum's 143 in July 2017 and according to the numbers from the spreadsheet I reckon we will still be waiting till 2024 for it to be processed to the next stage.

Just wondering If I can swap the 143 application to a 864 application (provided there is no 8503 on her 600 grant notification) and if so will there be any consequences on her timeline? Will her file get a new queue date?

Any help is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Anks said:

Hi All, 

I applied for my Mum's 143 in July 2017 and according to the numbers from the spreadsheet I reckon we will still be waiting till 2024 for it to be processed to the next stage.

Just wondering If I can swap the 143 application to a 864 application (provided there is no 8503 on her 600 grant notification) and if so will there be any consequences on her timeline? Will her file get a new queue date?

Any help is appreciated.

You will have to withdraw 143 and reapply for 864. You  will lose your original application fee which will not be refunded. More importantly you will lose your queue date and start again with a new queue date. All applications for 864 after January 2017 have been put on hold until 143 reaches the same date as 864 were wrongly  being processed earlier than 143. 
New  applications  with current quotas are likely to take around 18 plus years. The quotas are going up 4500 to 6000 ( but no details yet about the split  between contributory and non contributory) and the new govt could increase them even more as they’ve said they’re looking into the parent  backlog. Not sure how you get 2024 - you can get a better idea here  https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visa-processing-time-calculator/

If you go ahead with 864 you will probably need to pay private health insurance which is expensive and increases every year. No help is given on any form of aged care and no entitlements to any benefits. 
You could apply for 870 whilst on 143 and stay for 3 or 5 years whilst maintaining your original queue date. It’s expensive living on 864 whilst waiting for grant. 

Edited by LindaH27

Things are moving again with the queue - Just got the request for further information today - original application date 23 August 2016. 

Of course my mum has just sent off to renew her passport a couple of weeks ago so stuck until she get the new one!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Summer83 said:

Hello, as with the requirement for being a settled sponsor, is the 2 years a pre-requisite condition or is there anyway that we could demonstrate sponsor meeting this whilst still within the 2 years. Appreciate your and anyone help.  

No you need to be “settled”  just as you need to meet balance of family. Without that you’re not eligible.  

31F45954-FAC4-4369-AA4E-294B5C16247E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem to be moving quite fast and I’ve freed up a space.  My application was August 2016 and I’ve been asked for further details.  However, after much soul searching we’ve decided that during those six years of waiting we’ve aged enough for it to be too much of an ordeal to now up sticks.  The ‘children’ have their own busy lives and circumstances have changed somewhat since the initial application. It’s a shame not to have been able to spend more time seeing the grandchildren grow but we’ve adapted and accepted.

I hope my withdrawal will help someone achieve their visa a little quicker and I wish you all well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Juliet7 said:

It does seem to be moving quite fast and I’ve freed up a space.  My application was August 2016 and I’ve been asked for further details.  However, after much soul searching we’ve decided that during those six years of waiting we’ve aged enough for it to be too much of an ordeal to now up sticks.  The ‘children’ have their own busy lives and circumstances have changed somewhat since the initial application. It’s a shame not to have been able to spend more time seeing the grandchildren grow but we’ve adapted and accepted.

I hope my withdrawal will help someone achieve their visa a little quicker and I wish you all well.

Thank you for letting us all know. That must have been a hard decision and yet perhaps something we all may face given the length of time spent waiting and the changes in both our own and our families lives and health. It takes courage to walk away and I wish you well for the future. 

• Like 3

Hi, My mom applied for 173 visa, acknowledgement date 31/08/2016 but haven’t received anything yet.

I asked my friend who applied for her mom before me 4 days and haven’t received any request too. But I saw some people applied 143 Visa in Sept have received further detail. My friend said it’s depends on agent we did. Dont know it’s right or not. 
Anyone same situation? Can give me some advice?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/alans-update-on-contributory-parent-visa-processing/

Might be of interest to some on this thread ...

Best regards.

Thank you Alan. Hopefully there will be a further increase in the upcoming October budget. I note you think the non CP visa allocation (103 & 804) will drop to 500. Obviously it doesn’t really matter for 804 as people know they are not likely to ever get their grant owing to the current long wait but it’s likely that even more aged parents will take this route in future given that it’s so much cheaper and they can wait onshore  so it’s going to mean a lack of revenue for the govt and surely can’t be sustainable. I hope it doesn’t mean increasing the VAC for CPV applications. I know at present the second VAC is locked in at the price at the time of application. Do you foresee any change in this ? 

• Like 1