Guest guest36187

Why not settle on Long Reef Golf Club, around lunchtime on Wednesday 4 January, then? We're up for it; let's hope you can make it too, Pam.

Mike & Sue

Hey Mike and Sue

Fiz and I met for a coffee today and the date and time suits us both. However we thought Dee Why RSL might be a better meeting place; Ian and I are both members so you could be signed in as our guests. But we really don't mind as it will just be good to meet up.

Marian

Hey Mike and Sue

Fiz and I met for a coffee today and the date and time suits us both. However we thought Dee Why RSL might be a better meeting place; Ian and I are both members so you could be signed in as our guests. But we really don't mind as it will just be good to meet up.

Marian

I've already replied to Fiz that the RSL is fine by us – we're members of Mosman RSL, and I think it's far enough away to sign in anyway at Dee Why.

Mike

I don't think so. We had 1 year to validate our 143 from the date of medicals/police certificates. So not sure why you think you will have 5 years on a 173.

Charlie

Durrr......sorry I know you have 1 year to validate sorry. What I meant to ask was do you still have 5 years to make the move :twitcy:

Phoebe

So...the inaugural Sydneysiders meet up could be happening! Thanks to Mike and Sue for their research of places..looking at the map Dee Why does seem to be a central point. We thought we'd go with Mike's first suggestion of Dee Why RSL...easy to find, loads of parking, large enough to absorb us very easily....! So if there are any other CPVers (or anyone else interested) we are planning to meet at the Dee Why RSL on January 4th. Does 12pm seem a good time? In the meantime, have a lovely Christmas everyone

Fiz

Durrr......sorry I know you have 1 year to validate sorry. What I meant to ask was do you still have 5 years to make the move :twitcy:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe, Yes as far as I am aware you have five years from the date of visa grant to finally make the move. It's advisable to move before three years though due to the requirement to have spent two years in Oz in order to obtain the Resident Return Visa, should you need to leave for any reason.

Hi

It is great to hear everyone is settling into their new life and hopefully we will be joining you in 2012 although not in Sidney.

I wondered if someone could tell me why i have suddenly stopped getting emails telling me of the new posts on this site,

could it be something i have done and is there something i can do to get them back.

Thanks

Cham

Hi, same as that, am not getting any emails re new posts, wonder what the story is?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Does anyone have an idea why there has been no visa granted in Dec?

Regards

I think that everybody in the DIAC must be already on holiday. We had our 173 visa app accepted Oct 2010 and still haven't got a CO, and we were told it would be 12mths!!!!

Regards Ann & Roy

Guest chicklet

My application for a 143 visa was acknowledged on the 1st October 2010 and I finally got my CO on the 1st December 2011 and have now had my medical, police check and my assurance of support has been put in place.I expect therefore that the request for the final payment for the visa will probably be after Christmas if this is any help to you Ann and Roy.

My question for anyone who can help is whether any body has used the Commonwealth Bank and if so have they been helpful as where I intend to live they have a branch there. Also has anyone got private medical insurance with AXA ppp over in Australia as I have a policy with them in the UK and they have said I may be able to continue with it in Australia but there may be tax issues.

I am also interested in the payment of pensions from the UK to Australia although I do know I will have to contact the Companies and also the Tax Office. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Wow after posting on here yesterday that we have been waiting 14mths for a CO we have just got an email to say that we have one. WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT. NOW Meds & Police checks it says we have to have them done and back to them within 28 days on one letter and on another it says 47 days, does anybody know which it should be?

Ann and Roy absolutely thrilled to bits :-)

Wow after posting on here yesterday that we have been waiting 14mths for a CO we have just got an email to say that we have one. WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT. NOW Meds & Police checks it says we have to have them done and back to them within 28 days on one letter and on another it says 47 days, does anybody know which it should be?

Congratulations on getting your CO. What a nice Christmas present. I have not heard anything before about 47 days, maybe they are taking the Christmas break into consideration. I would book your medicals as soon as you can. We were not able to do ours in 28 days due to pressure on the medical centre in Manchester, but as long as you keep your case officer informed it is usually OK. We were on a 173 and applied for the 143 in June. We received the request for the AOS on 19th October within 28 days. Centrelink have only just sent out the letter to our Assurer to set up the bank account and our case officer was fine as we kept him informed of what was happening, including each time our Assurer telephoned them to see what was going on.

Guest chicklet

To sandach

I am known on your tracker as Lesley and I am trying to update my records but it will not accept my password. It says to contact you so I would be grateful if you could help me. Thank you

Congratulations on getting your CO. What a nice Christmas present. I have not heard anything before about 47 days, maybe they are taking the Christmas break into consideration. I would book your medicals as soon as you can. We were not able to do ours in 28 days due to pressure on the medical centre in Manchester, but as long as you keep your case officer informed it is usually OK. We were on a 173 and applied for the 143 in June. We received the request for the AOS on 19th October within 28 days. Centrelink have only just sent out the letter to our Assurer to set up the bank account and our case officer was fine as we kept him informed of what was happening, including each time our Assurer telephoned them to see what was going on.

I phoned the centre in Manchester about a month ago and they told me I could have an appointment within days. Maybe its a seasonal thing... after your post I think I'll get mine arranged sooner rather than later.

Great news - What a great Christmas present for you! Perhaps DIAC read the forums! Hopefully not too much longer until you get your Visa grant, fingers crossed! Whereabouts will you be settling in Aus?

Keep us posted with your progress please - it gives us hope as I'm sure you know - we are not expecting to hear anything for at least another 6-8 months. Val x

HI everybody thanks for the good wishes. We have managed to get an appointment in Dublin for our Meds on Jan 9th, amazed we could do it so quick and the cost is 275 Euros each (if anybody wants to know who is going through the same thing in Iereland). Should be getting our Guarda checks within the next 2 days also. We will be going to Avoca Beach NSW where our Daughter and family live, although I don't think we can afford to buy there, maybe not too far from then though. Having saved up for the last 4 years scrooge I know :-) but it has been worth it, we have enough money for our visas thank goodness. All we need to do next is sell our beautiful home so as to have money to buy over in Aus, here's hoping that it will be sold this summer.

Can't seem to get on the tracker for some reason so here is the updat-173App accepted 10th Oct 2010-CO 19thDec 2011.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND KEEP THE FAITH.

Ann and Roy Henry.

Guest chicklet

To sandach

Further to my previous post you will see that my password has been accepted and I have updated the tracker. I do not know why it would not accept it before.