Guest guest36187

Could anyone please give me some information regarding the way we pay for the 2nd fee?

It seems that we can make that payment by using online/ internet transfer? so that means it just take 2 days for DIAC to receive it? I am living in Oz and will pay that from my bank account, so it would not be a problem? (I thought that I had to use cheque or something like that and I am a little bit worry that it may go somewhere!)

Thank you.

The Parent Visa Centre normally ask for a banker's draft which you can arrange to get from your bank and then maybe send by courier.

Hi, Could anyone be kind enough to confirm whetehr i have the process for AOS correct. As it has been 5 weeks since the Assure made his application with centrelink.

1. Assurer completed application at centrelink

2. Centrelink forward the application to DIAC

3. If applicant is succesful DIAC will send a letter requesting the applicant to open bank account with Commonwealth bank.

4. Letter from DIAC is required to open the account. Bond is to be deposited.

If these steps are correct, who then notifies DIAC of the account being opened inorder for DIAC to advise of fisrt VAC payment to be made?

My concern is that i have this process confused. As the AoS applicant made an application with centrelink 28.10.2011 and to date we have not received the said letter confirming acceptenace and details to open the bank account.

Is it normal to wait 5 weeks or more?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We are going through this process at the moment.

The Assurer makes an application at Centrelink

Centrelink approves the application and sends a letter to the Assurer asking them to open an account with the Commonwelath bank

The Commonwealth bank then provides confirmation to Centrelink that the account has been opened

Centrelink then inform DIAC.

I don't know where your Assurer is based, but my Assurer is in Queensland and they do seem to be quite slow. He applied to Centrelink about a week before your Assurer and they have only just got round to processing the application. It might be an idea to give Centrelink a call, just to check they have everything they need.

Is the "AOS date" on the tracker the date the application was made by the Assurer, or the date the Assurer received acknowledgement of being an accepatable applicant as Assurer?

Hello

It's intended to be the date the AOS process in completed - bond in place - though it may vary as it depends on user input.

Centrelink approves the application and sends a letter to the Assurer asking them to open an account with the Commonwelath bank

The Commonwealth bank then provides confirmation to Centrelink that the account has been opened

I don't know where your Assurer is based, but my Assurer is in Queensland and they do seem to be quite slow. He applied to Centrelink about a week before your Assurer and they have only just got round to processing the application. It might be an idea to give Centrelink a call, just to check they have everything they need.

Hi Linday, so i did have it a bit muddled.

Yes my Assurer is in QLd too.

Just want to confirm that when you say "they have only just got round to processing the application" - if i have understood your post correctly that means that Centrelink have only just completed the initial process and your Assurer should be receiving their letter in the post shortly?

I tried calling centrelink to get an idea on the progress of the application - but was told they were unable to give me any further info as they were only able to discuss this with the applicant.

And that if i wanted to to be able to discuss it the Assurer needs to call in and give consent for this to happen. Buy to be put on hold for 45 mins he's abit reluctant.

Has your Assurer received their letter or did they phone to find out that their application was being processed.

Thanks for your info

My head is spinning!

HI

When you say "the Assurer makes an application at Centrelink" I thought their application went in with the visa application or is this a different application?

many thanks

Moira:wacko:

HI

When you say "the Assurer makes an application at Centrelink" I thought their application went in with the visa application or is this a different application?

many thanks

I think you may be confusing sponsor and assurer..as i did initially. Your sponsor was the one on the form, your assurer, who can be the same person or different, is the one who provides financial backing and they are the one who goes to centrelink for the interview and then lodges the 10000 dollar bond though that is invariably provided by the parent!

Hi Linday, so i did have it a bit muddled.

Yes my Assurer is in QLd too.

Just want to confirm that when you say "they have only just got round to processing the application" - if i have understood your post correctly that means that Centrelink have only just completed the initial process and your Assurer should be receiving their letter in the post shortly?

I tried calling centrelink to get an idea on the progress of the application - but was told they were unable to give me any further info as they were only able to discuss this with the applicant.

And that if i wanted to to be able to discuss it the Assurer needs to call in and give consent for this to happen. Buy to be put on hold for 45 mins he's abit reluctant.

Has your Assurer received their letter or did they phone to find out that their application was being processed.

Thanks for your info

My head is spinning!

Yes, they have only just got round to processing the application. My brother is our Assurer and he rang to check on progress and was told it was in the pipeline. then last week he was asked for some more information which he provided. He was then told to expect the letter requesting him to open an account. The best thing is to keep your case officer informed of progress (or lack of!).

HI

many thanks

Hi Moira

Are you maybe confusing the Assurer with the Sponsor? The sponsor fills in a form 40 which goes with the original application. The sponsor and the assurer don't need to be the same person, and in our case our sponsor is our daughter and our Assurer is my brother.

You will normally get an email from your CO asking for the Assurance of Support to be set up. The email will have a letter attached which your Assurer needs to take to Centrelink together with other documents providing proof of income.

G'day All

Well, here we are on our 173s, and the Immigration guy at the airport confirmed that the computer had us logged – so our visas are officially validated, and we are ensconced in our unit on the Lower North Shore.

Today we've posted off our applications for the upgrade to 143s. The plans are to return to the UK in March to – we hope – sell up (apart from our motorhome, to be used on return visits) and settle our "affairs"; then back here later in 2012 as "permanents".

I just hope Sydney warms up a bit before Christmas!

Happy Chrissie to everyone, Mike.

G'day All

Well, here we are on our 173s, and the Immigration guy at the airport confirmed that the computer had us logged – so our visas are officially validated, and we are ensconced in our unit on the Lower North Shore.

Today we've posted off our applications for the upgrade to 143s. The plans are to return to the UK in March to – we hope – sell up (apart from our motorhome, to be used on return visits) and settle our "affairs"; then back here later in 2012 as "permanents".

I just hope Sydney warms up a bit before Christmas!

Happy Chrissie to everyone, Mike.

Welcome to Sydney and congratulations for getting over here just in time for Christmas. How exciting! After 3 months, I feel really quite settled, if slightly disgruntled with the weather though it must seem warm after London

perhaps we should go for a "Sydneysiders" get together in the new year, to compare notes .....there must be a few of us in the general area

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Fiz

Hello Fiz and Mike and Sue!

Congratulations on your validation Mike, although you go in and out regularly, this must have seemed a very special entry into Oz!

Fiz, you seem to have got so much done in your first 3 months. Do you feel like a local now?

We have been here for 6 weeks now, and have another 4 till we have to leave, so if you do a get together , pretty please can we come and say hello too?

It is exciting to see our grandson for his first 'real' Christmas, he was only 6 months old this time last year.

I must admit, I expected to be having a warm Christmas, but not sure now, let's hope and enjoy whatever we get, especially as we can't change it!!

Merry Christmas to all, I'm sure it will whizz round in no time!

Cheers, Pam

Welcome to Sydney and congratulations for getting over here just in time for Christmas. How exciting! After 3 months, I feel really quite settled, if slightly disgruntled with the weather though it must seem warm after London

perhaps we should go for a "Sydneysiders" get together in the new year, to compare notes .....there must be a few of us in the general area

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Fiz

Hey Fiz A "Sydneysiders" get together is a good idea. Ian and I would definitely by up for it.

Marian

We agree – perhaps in the New Year?

'

Where is everybody? Fiz is in Newport; we are in Cremorne. Where's convenient?

What a nice surprise! I go off for a few hours, (collecting elder daughter from the airport), come back and the get together has taken off!

Marian and Ian are in Dee Why, not sure where Pam is.......How about a day after the New Year, perhaps round about the second week....the families will all be back at work. Marian or Mike and Sue will know many more places to suggest than me but Dee Why seems to be mid way. The NewportArms is a nice venue but a long way north for everyone except me!

Hi we are Crows Nest lower north shore, would love to meet up with other PIO s We came out in the 143 visa, and have been living here since last March.

It would be good to compare notes. Phyllis and Benny

Excellent!

Any venue suggestions welcome....i'll talk to marian with whom i am due to meet up with very soon and we'll come up with a plan!!!!

Fiz, Thanks for including me in your list of who is where. I am in Russell Lea, which has pretty good access to just about anywhere. Sadly, we leave on the 6th January, our 10 weeks will be up, so will have to opt out this time. Hope you all have a great meet up and maybe we can come to the next one when we come back again! I'm sure you'll make it a regular happening, after the first one!

Cheers Pam

Fiz, Thanks for including me in your list of who is where. I am in Russell Lea, which has pretty good access to just about anywhere. Sadly, we leave on the 6th January, our 10 weeks will be up, so will have to opt out this time. Hope you all have a great meet up and maybe we can come to the next one when we come back again! I'm sure you'll make it a regular happening, after the first one!

Cheers Pam

G'day Pam:

I have to confess, I had never heard of Russell Lea, but I see from Google Maps that it's near Leichhardt, so you can't be short of good food! If we organised something between New Year and your departure, would you be able to make it? Or would that week be full of family?

You'll see from my other post (below) that I'm suggesting somewhere on the North Shore/Beaches. Would that be too far for you?

Mike

Excellent!

Any venue suggestions welcome....i'll talk to marian with whom i am due to meet up with very soon and we'll come up with a plan!!!!

G'day all

It sounds like the mid-Northern Beaches or North Shore might be a good in-between venue. We have just consulted an old (ie, long-term, not aged!) friend who lives in Dee Why, and she has suggested three places:–

1. Dee Why RSL

2. Long Reef Golf Club

– both of these, being licensed clubs, require you to sign in, saying you are a member of a "similar" club; we just invent a club near where we live in London (although we are in fact members of Mosman RSL)! Parking said to be OK at either.

3. Sous le Soleil (restaurant) at Roseville

All in all, no.2 sounds good to me – next to the beach, food, drinks, coffee, indoor/outdoor. The Newport Arms would also be good, but it's quite a distance, especially for Pam in the Inner West.

Counter-suggestions welcome.

Mike

Guest chameleon

Hi

It is great to hear everyone is settling into their new life and hopefully we will be joining you in 2012 although not in Sidney.

I wondered if someone could tell me why i have suddenly stopped getting emails telling me of the new posts on this site,

could it be something i have done and is there something i can do to get them back.

Thanks

Cham

G'day all

It sounds like the mid-Northern Beaches or North Shore might be a good in-between venue. We have just consulted an old (ie, long-term, not aged!) friend who lives in Dee Why, and she has suggested three places:–

1. Dee Why RSL

2. Long Reef Golf Club

– both of these, being licensed clubs, require you to sign in, saying you are a member of a "similar" club; we just invent a club near where we live in London (although we are in fact members of Mosman RSL)! Parking said to be OK at either.

3. Sous le Soleil (restaurant) at Roseville

All in all, no.2 sounds good to me – next to the beach, food, drinks, coffee, indoor/outdoor. The Newport Arms would also be good, but it's quite a distance, especially for Pam in the Inner West.

Counter-suggestions welcome.

Mike

Long Reef Golf club sounds fine to me location wise. How about we go for January 4th so that Pam could join us?

Long Reef Golf club sounds fine to me location wise. How about we go for January 4th so that Pam could join us?

Thank you so much for thinking of including us, but please don't change anything that you would not otherwise have done.

That said, depending on the time of day, we may well be there too.

Daughter and son in law have both taken that week off of work and taken grandson out of daycare for that final week! This is why I am in a quandary. We are all off to Coolum Beach tomorrow for a long weekend, so I will put it to them then, if they would mind a few hours without us.

As I said, don't change what you might otherwise have done, but I will keep an eye on the thread and if we can we will be there!

Thanks again, Pam