Guest guest36187

On 27/01/2021 at 12:05, tartee said:

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who had just lodged the Contributory Aged Parent Subclass 864 visa from onshore?
I am trying to find out how long they would take to reply for the acknowledgement (together with bridging visa) and in which method (post / email).
I have just lodged for my parents on 22nd Jan 2021 and am concerning for their current tourist visa is about to expire in mid of Feb. I am hoping to see if there is anyone on the same boat as my case and would like to hear some information.

I would like to update my status here. (for anyone who is seeking for current timeline as me) I sent the application on 22nd Jan 2021. It arrived to Perth on 25th Jan 2021 and today on 2nd Feb 2021, I received the acknowledgement with bridging visa from parent visa center. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 09:03, Sherlock said:

/Sorry for posting this note on both threads - but not sure if everybody checks both the threads or not.

Just checking - Has anybody raised these issues (ridiculous wait-times for contributory visas and fake timelines on Govt website ) to any ministers or MPs? I haven't had a chance to go through the whole forum, but just wondering if it has been done before.

I have recently spoken to (and also written to ) a certain MP, and I sincerely hope that they will respond. All I'm hoping for is for them to take cognisance of this problem.

I know how terrible all politicians are, but this issue needs to be raised with them often - otherwise all of us will wait forever, and any Govt will continue to not act on it. 

Yes I agree, everyone needs to rally around this and make some noise so we get heard. How does one go about this, do you send your local MP an email?

Hi Everyone, 

My brother has completed Form 40 'Sponsorship for migration to Australia' for our parent's 143 Visa.

My brother's wife has signed 'Part M – Your partner’s approval'

Would my brother be able to also be the Sponsor of his wife's parents if they decide to apply for the 143 Visa in the future (ie. maybe after 10 years, once our parents visa gets processed)? 

28 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Ahh  fantastic Kath!!  So very pleased for you. What a path you’ve had to take!. Not long now before you can relax. 
Wish I could join you but after 44 months waiting I still probably have another 3 years to wait  thanks to them reducing the grants to 4500 🥲🥲 Hoping I’m still fit and well by then 

Hope  you will still pop in to check on the rest of us or alert us to any news/changes. 👍👍 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Ahh  fantastic Kath!!  So very pleased for you. What a path you’ve had to take!. Not long now before you can relax. 
Wish I could join you but after 44 months waiting I still probably have another 3 years to wait  thanks to them reducing the grants to 4500 🥲🥲 Hoping I’m still fit and well by then 

Hope  you will still pop in to check on the rest of us or alert us to any news/changes. 👍👍 

Thankyou. Let’s hope with ours done and dusted it moves a bit!! 
who’d have thought after the original projected 12-18mths  processing back in 2016 it would be so painful. At least there is the 870 option now if it suits.  

Hello everyone,

I applied 143 visa for my mother and father late last year in february and received the acknowledgment in early March. I am now hoping to apply for 870 visa so that they can stay with us for a longer duration without leaving Australia once they arrive. My question though is -

1. If they applied for the 3 year option, is it the visa validity 3 years or is it the total length of stay of 3 years allowed. I just want to know if they had to go back home for a period of time, would that mean that they lose that time from their visa validity, or it doesnt matter if it were the length of time that mattered.

2. Does the visa start from the day it is granted, or when they first arrive.

I am trying to ascertain if it is worth spending the money on 870 if our situation were to be a little fluid.

600 visa doesnt give that certainty of stay (especially if they intend to stay for the entire length of time), however, it costs less. At the same time you just cant plan anything in stone and thus trying to find what will suit our situation best.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

cheers

DJ

Edited by dj cat 5

12 minutes ago, dj cat 5 said:

Hello everyone,

I applied 143 visa for my mother and father late last year in february and received the acknowledgment in early March. I am now hoping to apply for 870 visa so that they can stay with us for a longer duration without leaving Australia once they arrive. My question though is -

1. If they applied for the 3 year option, is it the visa validity 3 years or is it the total length of stay of 3 years allowed. I just want to know if they had to go back home for a period of time, would that mean that they lose that time from their visa validity, or it doesnt matter if it were the length of time that mattered.

2. Does the visa start from the day it is granted, or when they first arrive.

I am trying to ascertain if it is worth spending the money on 870 if our situation were to be a little fluid.

600 visa doesnt give that certainty of stay (especially if they intend to stay for the entire length of time), however, it costs less. At the same time you just cant plan anything in stone and thus trying to find what will suit our situation best.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

cheers

DJ

I can’t help with the query of whether they would lose time if they left Australia but I suspect the visa is valid for 3 years from start to finish rather than a total of 3 years made up of various lengths of stay.  I also think it’s starts the day it’s granted. 

However they need to be aware that it’s extremely unlikely they would be granted their 143 in 3 years. 

It’s looking more like 10 years for recent applications given there’s well over 50,000 already in the queue and only 4500 grants per year allowed. 

Edited by LindaH27

On 17/02/2021 at 21:50, LindaH27 said:

I can’t help with the query of whether they would lose time if they left Australia but I suspect the visa is valid for 3 years from start to finish rather than a total of 3 years made up of various lengths of stay.  I also think it’s starts the day it’s granted. 

However they need to be aware that it’s extremely unlikely they would be granted their 143 in 3 years. 

It’s looking more like 10 years for recent applications given there’s well over 50,000 already in the queue and only 4500 grants per year allowed. 

Thanks soo much. Yes, what a long haul it has become despite the cost involved for 143... and it is only getting worse. Based on your advice, I think we might just be better off rolling  with 600 visa until my parents are absolutely firm on not making overseas home trips.

So very appreciate your help.

cheers

Edited by dj cat 5

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Need to be quick with submissions!! 

Closing date for submissions is 

30 April 2021

Reporting date is

10  August 2021

I’m sure this has been asked before but if someone could help now rather than scrolling way way back in the forum I would be grateful! 

If my sponsor has moved and changed jobs how do I or they inform the dept. ?

It would be to change the information first lodged on form 40 wouldn’t it? 
I know form 1022 is Change of circumstances but who fills it in and sends it off - I assume it is the sponsor but how do they link it to my application please? 

Also I’m beginning to think I would prefer my sponsor to deal with my  ongoing application - nearly 4 years in now. Do  I fill in form 956A to tell immi? 
Thank you for any help!! 

4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m sure this has been asked before but if someone could help now rather than scrolling way way back in the forum I would be grateful! 

I know form 1022 is Change of circumstances but who fills it in and sends it off - I assume it is the sponsor but how do they link it to my application please? 

Also I’m beginning to think I would prefer my sponsor to deal with my  ongoing application - nearly 4 years in now. Do  I fill in form 956A to tell immi? 
Thank you for any help!! 

When my daughter (sponsor) moved I just emailed them with the application reference number, old and new address, I got an acknowledgment a few days later to say it had been updated.  
Regarding  the change of jobs, I can’t actually remember putting my daughter or son in laws occupations or an address where they worked on my forms, but I might be wrong.  

22 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you for any help!! 

My son moved a couple of times during our wait and we didn’t inform immi (couldn’t find any requirement to do this). All the information will be updated anyway when completing form 80 in the final stages of processing, so no need to worry now. We have used form 929 to update our own details a few times, which is very easy to do via email.  

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

My son moved a couple of times during our wait and we didn’t inform immi (couldn’t find any requirement to do this). All the information will be updated anyway when completing form 80 in the final stages of processing, so no need to worry now. We have used form 929 to update our own details a few times, which is very easy to do via email.  

Thanks @SusieRoo
maybe I’ll leave it then. Was just panicky about making sure everything was correct etc !! But if it can be amended on Form 80 thats great ! 

I'm sure I must have looked at this already and discounted it but: 

• When is the Contributory Aged Parent (864) visa a better idea than the Contributory Parent (143)?
  • Presume it's applied for onshore and has a similar waiting period?
  • Why not apply for this instead of the 870 (which I just realised needs health cover costing around $4,000 a year (for both).

My parents are in their 70's and are 10 months into the 143 queue (offshore). Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Ollie1234

2 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

I'm sure I must have looked at this already and discounted it but: 

• When is the Contributory Aged Parent (864) visa a better idea than the Contributory Parent (143)?
  • Presume it's applied for onshore and has a similar waiting period?
  • Why not apply for this instead of the 870 (which I just realised needs health cover costing around $4,000 a year (for both).

My parents are in their 70's and are 10 months into the 143 queue (offshore). Thanks in advance. 

The main objection to applying onshore for a parent visa is the medical one, for most people.  If your parents are currently resident in a country with reciprocal rights, then that issue doesn't apply because effectively, Medicare will cover everything they need.   You just need to be aware that their prescriptions will be at full price, no pensioner concessions or Safety Net, whereas they would be getting all their medications free in the UK.  No bus passes either!

The other objection is the fact that they have to uproot their whole lives, sell their home, dispose of goods etc, without any certainty that they'll get a visa.  They might fail the medical or discover too late there's  a mistake in the application, or the rules change, and they'll be forced to go back home to nothing.   

Finally, there's the fact that they will pay tens of thousands of dollars extra if they want to buy a home while they're waiting.  

Once upon a time, before the waiting times were so ridiculous, most people would have advised the elderly were better off waiting offshore in the comfort of their own home, with their own possessions and friends around them and full access to the NHS, until they had a permanent visa.  Nowadays it's not such a clearcut decision.  However, as it's very unlikely your parents can get a visitor visa this year, it's all a bit hypothetical anyway.

Edited by Marisawright

First Time Posting - Be Gentle 

My mother would like to come and stay in Australia with us.

We meet all criteria for a parents visa, my question is - If we go for the cheaper option, the 804 Aged Parents Visa ( lodged when in Australia ) and we then get a bridging visa class B.

Is my mother eligible for reciprocal medicare cover ?

Any one out there in this position and knows the answer ?

Thanks in advance

GMERIN53