Guest guest36187

@dj cat 5
Just my 2 cents.  There might be something to do with sponsoring the parent partner when one parent's got the 143 visa.  Later on, the other parent may change her mind to come to Australia and the 143 visa holder may have limited ability to sponsor her for a partner category visa.

So I guess there is no issue your father-in-law coming alone as far as he knows the consequence. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

@dj cat 5
Just my 2 cents.  There might be something to do with sponsoring the parent partner when one parent's got the 143 visa.  Later on, the other parent may change her mind to come to Australia and the 143 visa holder may have limited ability to sponsor her for a partner category visa.

So I guess there is no issue your father-in-law coming alone as far as he knows the consequence. 

I think this was discussed recently on here. They have to wait 5(?) years before they can sponsor a partner on the 143 if they don’t include one on the 143 application. Pretty sure that was the case. 🙂. Stops people trying to get out of paying the full cost of the 143 for 2 people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I think this was discussed recently on here. They have to wait 5(?) years before they can sponsor a partner on the 143 if they don’t include one on the 143 application. Pretty sure that was the case. 🙂. Stops people trying to get out of paying the full cost of the 143 for 2 people.

Thanks for confirming this, totally understand that this applies and it has been considered by us. Was just concerned how much proof is needed for the reason you tick as any documentary evidence needed from the mother in law might be problematic.

1 hour ago, dj cat 5 said:

Thanks for confirming this, totally understand that this applies and it has been considered by us. Was just concerned how much proof is needed for the reason you tick as any documentary evidence needed from the mother in law might be problematic.

I can’t say for sure but I wouldn’t think you’d need a lot of evidence. A statement explaining the situation I would think. It will tell you what you need to supply. it will be fine I’m sure! 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dj cat 5 said:

Hi folks, 

when applying for a 864 visa whilst being on a tourist visa without the ‘no further stay’ condition, does the bridging visa only kick in after expiry of the tourist visa or is it straight away upon application?

Thanks,

DJ

I’m not sure but your posts seem to indicate you want to bring your mother as you’re an only child and now also your father in law ? I think  (not sure) that you will get asked on the sponsor application form  if you’re already sponsoring someone when the other applies. Don’t know whether this affects application or not. Probably best to see an agent to make sure all goes to plan. 

Hi, can someone please please help me with this question? I submitted my parents 143 application in June 2016 by paper (posted to Perth). I am the sole authorised recipient as well as the sponsor.

But a lot has been changed since 2016. I have gotten married. I have purchased a property and moved to that new address. I have changed job. I have had a new passport as the old one was expired in Dec 2019.

So my question is, how do I inform Immigration about all these changes of the sponsor( which is me) for my parents' application?

I know that I can update these details in Immigration Account but because my parent's visa was submitted by paper. It is not appeared in my Immigration account (or anywhere online).

Please can someone please help me? We have been waiting so long and I do not want any issues with the application.

Thank you so much for all your time.

30 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Hi, can someone please please help me with this question? I submitted my parents 143 application in June 2016 by paper (posted to Perth). I am the sole authorised recipient as well as the sponsor.

But a lot has been changed since 2016. I have gotten married. I have purchased a property and moved to that new address. I have changed job. I have had a new passport as the old one was expired in Dec 2019.

So my question is, how do I inform Immigration about all these changes of the sponsor( which is me) for my parents' application?

I know that I can update these details in Immigration Account but because my parent's visa was submitted by paper. It is not appeared in my Immigration account (or anywhere online).

Please can someone please help me? We have been waiting so long and I do not want any issues with the application.

Thank you so much for all your time.

Hi Noctis, please don't panic.  Form 929 (found online) allows you to update address and passport information.  You can fill it in, scan and email to the address on the form.  I'm not sure whether you need to tell them about your new job, just that you must prove your income for AOS if you are the assuror.  There is probably a form for informing Immi that you have married, although not sure which one, as your parents would have entered you on their application form and now need to add your partner.  All the best, Jacqui 😎😎

5 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Hi Noctis, please don't panic.  Form 929 (found online) allows you to update address and passport information.  You can fill it in, scan and email to the address on the form.  I'm not sure whether you need to tell them about your new job, just that you must prove your income for AOS if you are the assuror.  There is probably a form for informing Immi that you have married, although not sure which one, as your parents would have entered you on their application form and now need to add your partner.  All the best, Jacqui 😎😎

There is also Form 1022.

On 29/02/2020 at 21:09, dj cat 5 said:

Hi folks, 

can anyone please share any experiences of outcomes of medicals if one has had a heart attack in the past. What are the likelihood of passing the medicals? Do you know of someone who has passed/failed health check with a heart attack history. Unfortunately, my mother (whom we have this applied 143 visa for) had a scary heart attack whilst on visitor visa last month. Whilst it stressed us all out, luckily she did not need any stents/by pass surgery and her heart function is not at a level of any concern which means we are hoping the long term prognosis is positive; however it has got me concerned re the outcome of medicals in due course. My mother has never had any other medical history, is still in her late 50’s so it all came as a shock to us and being the only child, I am really stressed at the prospects of the 143 visa. I understand the medical officer would test her condition against costings over 10 years. Would love to hear people’s experiences and if they can share anything relevant based on medical outcomes of similar heart conditions that they may be aware of? 

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks very much.

Hello

Not sure about the 143 visa but we are on a Bridging Visa waiting for the grant of an Aged Parent Visa 804. We have been here in Australia since 2013. My husband had a heart attack in 1985 a triple by pass in 1992. He has not had any further heart attacks but he had the diagnoses of heart failure when we appled for our visa. He passed the initial medical with no problems. Hope this helps.

On 10/03/2020 at 19:49, LindaH27 said:

I’m not sure but your posts seem to indicate you want to bring your mother as you’re an only child and now also your father in law ? I think  (not sure) that you will get asked on the sponsor application form  if you’re already sponsoring someone when the other applies. Don’t know whether this affects application or not. Probably best to see an agent to make sure all goes to plan. 

Thanks LindaH27, yes the plan is to bring both my mother and father on the one application where I will be the sponsor. On the other application it will just be my father in law with my wife being the primary sponsor. My understanding is that can be done, however, thanks for flagging it - I will check further. Thanks very much again 😀

18 hours ago, LindaLen said:

Hello

Not sure about the 143 visa but we are on a Bridging Visa waiting for the grant of an Aged Parent Visa 804. We have been here in Australia since 2013. My husband had a heart attack in 1985 a triple by pass in 1992. He has not had any further heart attacks but he had the diagnoses of heart failure when we appled for our visa. He passed the initial medical with no problems. Hope this helps.

Thanks soo much LindaLen for sharing - really appreciate that, sincerely hope your husband is doing well presently with all the health challenges over the years. Soo glad to hear the initial medical was passed successfully - do you know how different is the initial medical test to the one when the visa is finalised?

AoS approved! Shocked how quick it has all gone through. They have smashed their estimated date by 2 1/2 weeks

Now though I suppose those of us at the final stages and are onshore have the worry about future travel restrictions. 
We have a family trip booked ages ago for 15 May. Never thought I might have to try to delay visa!!! .

Just as well you have 28 day’s to pay and 28 to leave Oz! 🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

58 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

AoS approved! Shocked how quick it has all gone through. They have smashed their estimated date by 2 1/2 weeks

Now though I suppose those of us at the final stages and are onshore have the worry about future travel restrictions. 
We have a family trip booked ages ago for 15 May. Never thought I might have to try to delay visa!!! .

Congrats Kathss56  hope the old virus doesn't disrupt you too much 😎

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@Rosiejaq thanks Jacqui. Latest advice from smart traveller.gov.au is advising not to travel out of Oz! 🙄 My daughter is already thinking of not travelling as we were staying with my Dad who is 87 😞

AOS approved?  Did you get something from centerlink?  My son lodged AOS in Feb and has heard nothing  - should I be concerned?

16 minutes ago, LBee said:

AOS approved?  Did you get something from centerlink?  My son lodged AOS in Feb and has heard nothing  - should I be concerned?

Like everything else in this process - all parts of it are done out of date order!.But also your application date is after mine and yet you were asked for further info weeks before me. So who knows maybe that’s why? 

The only thing we did a bit different was when we uploaded bond certificate to Centrelink we didn’t choose “other documents” then “Financial” like most see to have done. 
 We chose “Centrelink form“ then scanned the code at top of their form. It then said upload bank certificate,  so unsure if that helped speed it up.
Pvc team also tell you to send copy of approval to them which we have today. 

Edited by Kathss56

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Congratulations we seem to be still side by side as our AOS was also approved today as well

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3