Guest guest36187

UPDATE: I received another email soon after I replied to their email, asking for 2nd Vac. Please ignore below.

Hi

I already have AoS filed and approved as on 17th December. However I received an email from the PVC team again today asking for assurance of support! Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean? I am trying to get them on the phone and have already replied to the email. But any information from fellow members would be helpful!

TIA!

Edited by NewBee2019
UPDATE: I received another email soon after I replied to their email, asking for 2nd Vac. Yay!
  • Congratulations 4

1 hour ago, NewBee2019 said:

UPDATE: I received another email soon after I replied to their email, asking for 2nd Vac. Please ignore below.

Hi

I already have AoS filed and approved as on 17th December. However I received an email from the PVC team again today asking for assurance of support! Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean? I am trying to get them on the phone and have already replied to the email. But any information from fellow members would be helpful!

TIA!

Look like they got their knickers in a twist!  Congrats 😎

• Haha 1

Hi. I need advice re AOS please. My son submitted paper application early January. Can anyone tell me........Does this get put online and should my son be able to see the application through his Centrelink account? He’s been in to local Centrelink where he submitted application as he couldn’t get onto his account. That’s now sorted but when he asked for an update about the AOS application and how he would be contacted to pay the bond he was told that she can’t see his application (not sure she even tried) and don’t know how he’ll be contacted! That’s a bit worrying! Should staff at Centrelink be able to check application progress! Any suggestions on how to check if application is actually submitted and ongoing?

Thanks

Maj

3 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Hi. I need advice re AOS please. My son submitted paper application early January. Can anyone tell me........Does this get put online and should my son be able to see the application through his Centrelink account? He’s been in to local Centrelink where he submitted application as he couldn’t get onto his account. That’s now sorted but when he asked for an update about the AOS application and how he would be contacted to pay the bond he was told that she can’t see his application (not sure she even tried) and don’t know how he’ll be contacted! That’s a bit worrying! Should staff at Centrelink be able to check application progress! Any suggestions on how to check if application is actually submitted and ongoing?

Thanks

Maj

Hi, my daughter made sure she got a receipt from Centrelink, and then just waited.  It took quite a few months to be processed.  Initially she was rejected, but all sorted in the end.  All the best.

• Like 1

Hurrah!  Just been told to make arrangements to leave the country (specifically not via China!!) and my visa will then be granted. I paid the 2nd VAC on 28th January. It fits totally perfectly with my already planned visit to the UK for my stepdaughter’s wedding.  I really do feel so lucky and it will be brilliant to finally say that my official place of residence is Australia.

I can’t thank contributors to this forum enough for all the advice and support, practical and emotional, which they have given throughout this 4year plus process.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Good luck to all those who are still waiting.  It’s very much a case of playing the patience game and ultimately your time will also come round 

• Congratulations 13

Request for 2nd VAC received today! 😊The long wait and suspense is soon over. This forum has been our lifeline, especially over the past year, and the help and support from everyone has been fantastic. Thank you so much and good luck to everyone in the queue. I will report back once the payment is made and the Visa is approved.

• Congratulations 11

Got comms from DHA to leave the country (not China) & visa will be granted 🙂 Just wanted to share:

Things To Do Tips after initial application (while waiting couple of years till you hear back from a case officer from my experience/things I may have done differently)

Apply for a visitor visa (& hope they grant min 3 years multiple entry or more)
Once visitor visa granted, fork out more money and pay for a year in advance in private health insurance  & do not let it lapse to cover for unforeseen waiting period problems (this could change in future)
Form 80 takes a long time, better start filling in and after every o/s visit, making a record every time
If you have overseas non english, national id card, relationship cert etc, get it translated via Naati 
Go to centrelink* and get a CRN, it just speeds things up when AOS is requested
Open A/c with CBA, just speeds up the AOS Bank Draft process
Last but not least, monitor this forum every ~5 months to be in the loop (read from current page -15)
*One could, like I did, apply for their parents, they literally have no idea lol. I just mentioned that its gonna be a long wait, leave everything to me and just get the documents ready when I ask 🙂
Thank you ALL!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 7

Hi All,

I applied on 25 Jan 2020 for my parents 143 visa. It reached there in the post shop on Thursday 30th Jan . Australia Post showing message "Awaiting collection at NORTHBRIDGE POST SHOP NORTHBRIDGE WA".

Can someone tell me when should I expect an email. After how much time applying we expect an email. 

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, munawer ali said:

Hi All,

I applied on 25 Jan 2020 for my parents 143 visa. It reached there in the post shop on Thursday 30th Jan . Australia Post showing message "Awaiting collection at NORTHBRIDGE POST SHOP NORTHBRIDGE WA".

Can someone tell me when should I expect an email. After how much time applying we expect an email. 

Thanks in advance.

just sent a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au and this is what the response is.. hope that helps..

DELAY IN REGISTERING NEW APPLICATIONS
We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to six weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed.

If you lodged your application before the “Acknowledge New Application” date as shown in the assessment date table, check your junk mail folder for a copy of your acknowledgement letter. Please ensure you make our email address parents@homeaffairs.gov.au a trusted address. If you still cannot find your acknowledgement letter please contact us with the FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND PASSPORT DETAILS of the main applicant.

Due to the high volume of emails we receive every day, we are unable to respond to progress update enquiries or to enquiries where the requested information is provided in this auto-response. 

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

14-Jan-20

Queue Assessment

N/A

N/A

N/A

Lodged

Oct-16

Visa Assessment

Lodged

Nov-19

Lodged

Dec-15

Lodged

Dec-15

Date Queued

Aug-10

*updated 17-Jan-20

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

MY TURN!

request for further information received today. All of a dither now haha 

hopefully will have everything applied for by Monday! 🤞

It's weird isn't it? We wait ages then it catches us off guard.....huge congratulations.....not too long now!

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to share with you a response from Immi regarding payment of the 2nd VAC. Our bank has a daily limit of $25k for BPAY.

'Unfortunately we do not offer bank transfer as a method of payment but you are able to pay in instalments if your credit card has a BPAY limit. Once all instalments have been paid, notification of the full payment should appear in your record.
 You are also able to have your daughter pay for it if she has an easier option at her disposal. It does not matter where the payment comes from, as long as it is payment for your visa application.' 
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be suddenly massive visa progress for many members of this forum.  Just wondering whether there could be a link to the Coronavirus?   I seem to recall that the majority of parent visa applicants are Chinese and suspect that their applications are currently on hold.   Every cloud has a silver lining, for someone, somewhere 😊.

Incidentally  it is pouring down here in Brisbane and  everyone is so happy.  After the drought and the bush fires such downpours are a total blessing.  Trouble is that my sister is due to arrive from the UK on Saturday so sadly her winter  holiday to the Sunshine state isn’t going to be at all what was expected.  She’s only here for a week, before leaving for Tasmania and I gather it’s just going to be rain and storms all week.  ☔️🌧⚡️.  Ah well, “cant win em all”!

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 20:55, lecher said:

Got comms from DHA to leave the country (not China) & visa will be granted 🙂 Just wanted to share:

Things To Do Tips after initial application (while waiting couple of years till you hear back from a case officer from my experience/things I may have done differently)

Apply for a visitor visa (& hope they grant min 3 years multiple entry or more)
Once visitor visa granted, fork out more money and pay for a year in advance in private health insurance  & do not let it lapse to cover for unforeseen waiting period problems (this could change in future)
Form 80 takes a long time, better start filling in and after every o/s visit, making a record every time
If you have overseas non english, national id card, relationship cert etc, get it translated via Naati 
Go to centrelink* and get a CRN, it just speeds things up when AOS is requested
Open A/c with CBA, just speeds up the AOS Bank Draft process
Last but not least, monitor this forum every ~5 months to be in the loop (read from current page -15)
*One could, like I did, apply for their parents, they literally have no idea lol. I just mentioned that its gonna be a long wait, leave everything to me and just get the documents ready when I ask 🙂
Thank you ALL!

That's for all those tips. very useful! 

4 hours ago, AMP said:

Incidentally  it is pouring down here in Brisbane and  everyone is so happy.  After the drought and the bush fires such downpours are a total blessing. 

Everyone's smiling here on the mid north coast (NSW) as well because of the rain, and despite a localised tornado a couple of days ago.  People lost their roofs but the local tradies have gone round and repaired them for nothing....good community spirit!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Christa said:

Just wanted to share with you a response from Immi regarding payment of the 2nd VAC. Our bank has a daily limit of $25k for BPAY.

'Unfortunately we do not offer bank transfer as a method of payment but you are able to pay in instalments if your credit card has a BPAY limit. Once all instalments have been paid, notification of the full payment should appear in your record.
 You are also able to have your daughter pay for it if she has an easier option at her disposal. It does not matter where the payment comes from, as long as it is payment for your visa application.' 

Did you use an agent? as ours was able to help us with this.  Also others on this forum have said they were able to up their limit to $100K ...can you ask for this??  all the best 😎

1 minute ago, Rosiejaq said:

Did you use an agent? as ours was able to help us with this.  Also others on this forum have said they were able to up their limit to $100K ...can you ask for this??  all the best 😎

Depends on the bank.  I have asked our bank (ANZ) and they have said the max is $50k per day.  

• Like 1