Guest guest36187

8 hours ago, Anks said:

Hi Dan,

I have been using Bupa standard visitors cover for the last 5 years or so for my mum on 600 visa. The best thing I find with them is that you can suspend your policy for 6 months when the policy owner is not in Australia. Thus they don't loose any time for waiting medical queues and you don't pay for 6 months. In terms of policy it gives you the same benefits as on Medicare but in case of charges that are not charged as the MBS and charged as non-medicare patient Bupa only reimburses the medicare component which is quite a lot sometimes. Otherwise they are were very helpful and the turnaround time for any claims is very quick.

Cheers

Anks

Many Thanks Anks, I will definitely look into it as an option.
Dan 

Hi Andreé, the information your looking at was scrapped last year. I don’t know how much your sponsor needs to earn to sponsor 3 people but the assurance of support bond  is $10,000 for the main applicant and $4,000 for each of the other applicants over the age of 18. Hope that helps a bit.

1 Sept 2015 143 Applied

22 Feb 2019 Form 80/medicals etc requested

22 Mar 2019 AoS lodged 

12 Jul 2019 Centrelink accepted AoS. They messed around with this and we didn't know it was accepted until 29 July. Our sponsor in Australia visited Centrelink to clarify what's happening and they eventually informed that it was processed. 

29 Jul 2019 Passed on the AoS acceptance to CO to resume processing for visa

8 Aug 2019 2nd VAC requested 

9 Aug 2019 2nd VAC paid

10 Aug 2019 Department requested our son who is dependent child in the application, exit Australia for our visa to finalise

13 Aug 2019 VISA GRANT! Our son flew out in the morning and a couple hours later our visa was approved 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 8

1 hour ago, JayInAustralia said:

1 Sept 2015 143 Applied

22 Feb 2019 Form 80/medicals etc requested

22 Mar 2019 AoS lodged 

12 Jul 2019 Centrelink accepted AoS. They messed around with this and we didn't know it was accepted until 29 July. Our sponsor in Australia visited Centrelink to clarify what's happening and they eventually informed that it was processed. 

29 Jul 2019 Passed on the AoS acceptance to CO to resume processing for visa

8 Aug 2019 2nd VAC requested 

9 Aug 2019 2nd VAC paid

10 Aug 2019 Department requested our son who is dependent child in the application, exit Australia for our visa to finalise

13 Aug 2019 VISA GRANT! Our son flew out in the morning and a couple hours later our visa was approved 

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Hi Jellybean T, you're asking about Spanish police checks. We are processing ours through our Spanish solicitor. We had to go to the equivalent of centrelink here in Spain to prove our identification. It is all done on line and the check comes back on line.

We are using an agent in Perth so we will scan it and send it on for her to get it translated and authenticated. 

Nothing is easy in Spain. Hope this helps.

On 12/08/2019 at 12:37, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

quick question for those on a Subclass 600 eg 2 x 12 month stay over a 3 year period. Looking at what insurance to use. do you go for single trip or backpackers insurance and what seems to be the best company to use?

Dan

If you  mean because of the condition attached on a 600 “must have private medical insurance” ??

I used Allianz this year, however I will obtain quotes from Australian Unity and Bupa next time 

Edited by Kathss56

9 hours ago, Andree' said:

Hi there, I received my requirement for further documents 7/8/2019 ( I applied 16/12/2015)

Anyone know how much income for 3 assurers? ( dad, mom, and brother)I'm so confusing about that news.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-18-43-52-742_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.84ef073c9f4a74583d99642d5d4c2799.png

Fill in this form. Assurance of support checker 

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/eligibilityPage.jsf?wec-appid=aoscalc&wec-locale=en_US#stay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

Hi Jellybean T, you're asking about Spanish police checks. We are processing ours through our Spanish solicitor. We had to go to the equivalent of centrelink here in Spain to prove our identification. It is all done on line and the check comes back on line.

We are using an agent in Perth so we will scan it and send it on for her to get it translated and authenticated. 

Nothing is easy in Spain. Hope this helps.

Thanks Linda, yes that does help. I’ve found our local office on line and will check it out tomorrow. As you say .. nothing is easy in Spain... have to start the process with our dog once we have the police report sorted. Where in Spain are you? We’re on the Costa Blanca near Benidorm.

Thanks Linda, yes that does help. I’ve found our local office on line and will check it out tomorrow. As you say .. nothing is easy in Spain... have to start the process with our dog once we have the police report sorted. Where in Spain are you? We’re on the Costa Blanca near Benidorm.

Hi Jellybean,

I’ve completed many Spanish police certificates it’s easy....as long us you know the system[emoji3][emoji3] Solo en espyana.

Go online and download Modelo790. Google how to complete Spanish police certificate in English.

The certificate downloads in three sheets. They open on PDF format. Fill them out. As you fill out the top sheet the others automatically fill out.

Print out and sign

Take to your local bank and pay €3.78. The bank will give you an electronic stamped on the modelo 790. The bank keep one copy, you keep one copy and you send one to Madrid. You will need to send an authorised copy of your passport with the application. A notary will charge you about €15 for this. Include a stamped addressed A4 envelope as your return address. They will send to Oz as long as the postage is correct.

Expect a return 6-8 weeks.

Alternatively you can take the paperwork to local justice office. The addresses are all online. Polish up your best Spanglish and be prepared to wait. When your turn comes you present your paperwork and passport and if you are a Spanish resident you will get the certificate there and then. If not they have to apply to Madrid to check on the central register. They will contact you normally in a week or so to collect your certificate. Be warned they speak no English even in Madrid so unless you take a translator or are confident apply by post.

If you private message me I can show you a completed form for you to see how to do it.

When you receive your certificate....all three pages of it you will have to get it translated into English. Get it done it Spain it’s a fraction of the price of Australia. The second page has English as well as Spanish on it so I assume you don’t need it translated.

David cerca de Torrevieja.

20 hours ago, Andree' said:

Hi there, I received my requirement for further documents 7/8/2019 ( I applied 16/12/2015)

Anyone know how much income for 3 assurers? ( dad, mom, and brother)I'm so confusing about that news.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-18-43-52-742_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.84ef073c9f4a74583d99642d5d4c2799.png

Congrats!!!   Jan 2016 applicants can expect email in Two weeks now. Cheers in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I’m obviously over the moon that the queue now appears to be moving quickly 👌👌 Many congratulations to those who've been asked to supply further documents!!

Yet somehow I’m feeling rather concerned.  For years now the queue has only been moving about 4 months in every 12 months. . But in April this year 2019 the date being processed was July 2015 - now just 4 months later they are asking applicants in December 2015 to provide docs. - that’s 5 months movement in just 4 months - and all with a background of reduced immigrations. The number of parent visas has dropped from a potential 7175 per year to just 6000 or less  

Has there been a large drop out, more refusals by immi or what? We only really hear about the successes and obviously not all applicants are on this very helpful forum! 

Am I the only one who’s wondering what’s happening -   I can’t see this movement carrying on much longer with fewer visas to be granted. ?

@LindaH27  Without putting a damper on the mood - It used to move very quickly before the AOS was moved to Centrelink - the wait comes with the AOS it was 18 - 20 weeks (not sure what it is currently) - They also give you 70 days to submit your documents - I am on 173 and it took 4 months for them to grant me my visa from date of submitting docs & medical. I think this is great that they moving faster than the norm and hope it continues as I will be submitting my 143 next month.

29 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

It used to move very quickly before the AOS was moved to Centrelink - the wait comes with the AOS it was 18 - 20 weeks (not sure what it is currently) - They also give you 70 days to submit your documents - I am on 173 and it took 4 months for them to grant me my visa from date of submitting docs & medical. I think this is great that they moving faster than the norm and hope it continues as I will be submitting my 143 next month.

Are people mainly 173 or 143?  As we’re still navigating Aos after being asked for docs etc in Feb 2019.  Some of us take a little longer...what with med queries, new person on Aos....hope we hear something positive soon.  😎😎😎

• Sad 2