Guest guest36187

Given that they’re reducing  the number of parent and other visas granted and the huge wait list  it wouldn’t surprise me if  that they run out of visas half way through this financial year. 

May and June traditionally seem to see huge rises in applicants in those months - perhaps because charges are usually increased from 1st July. And perhaps because people fear the 2nd vac will also increase - which looks more and more likely. 

It seems from recent news that the cause of the slowdown is due to the huge number of people living in Australia on bridging visas which need to be dealt with especially if the govt are losing money on this as it’s only the contributory visas that raise large sums of money. 

Ive resigned myself to a very long wait and just hope I’m not too old and decrepit by the time they get round to me!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, superman2016 said:

The processing time is stretching further and further in every single month.

image.thumb.png.f9704042d3c45567f26184de13b5c06f.png

Kev

I can’t bloody believe this. It’s making me so angry, The day I arrived in Oz on a 600 it went way beyond how my daughter and I had it all planned out they are seriously messing about with our lives!

9 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I can’t bloody believe this. It’s making me so angry, The day I arrived in Oz on a 600 it went way beyond how my daughter and I had it all planned out they are seriously messing about with our lives!

its getting beyond stupuid now ?

11 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

It just keeps getting worse, I am starting to think 5 years plus now for our 173. We are now just waiting for the new visa and plan on going out as soon as.

Sadly they don’t give a “toss”  Our son went through the same disgraceful don’t care less attitude when they changed everything retrospectively on his fully paid up visa application, and although we are ok to wait this out as we already live here on the old retirement visa, I can’t believe that yet again they are treating people with such contempt. The government  seems to be stirring up anti immigration feelings for some reason, when almost all of them Either emigrated here or their family did. 

We will make a decision about whether it’s worth our while paying for the 864 visa when the time comes, or staying on our retirement visa depending on how long it takes and our age.

Its so dishonest taking money for visas quite frankly under false pretences.

ps still not a single 864 visa issued since October 2016! 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ramot said:

Sadly they don’t give a “toss”  Our son went through the same disgraceful don’t care less attitude when they changed everything retrospectively on his fully paid up visa application, and although we are ok to wait this out as we already live here on the old retirement visa, I can’t believe that yet again they are treating people with such contempt. The government  seems to be stirring up anti immigration feelings for some reason, when almost all of them Either emigrated here or their family did. 

We will make a decision about whether it’s worth our while paying for the 864 visa when the time comes, or staying on our retirement visa depending on how long it takes and our age.

Its so dishonest taking money for visas quite frankly under false pretences.

ps still not a single 864 visa issued since October 2016! 

Well said ramot and it is anti-immigration feeling they are stirring up!  (They’re always thinking of themselves and the next election!) We’ve put our working lives into a holding circle..doing a job we now hate but keeping it going for our boss who is glad to have the income coming in (we manage a guest house). He’ll just develop this once we’re gone...but who knows when that will be as the original timeline made it February 2017!  We’re trying to think of alternatives but job security and a steady income are important a we really don’t want to start spending the pot yet!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Well said ramot and it is anti-immigration feeling they are stirring up!  (They’re always thinking of themselves and the next election!) We’ve put our working lives into a holding circle..doing a job we now hate but keeping it going for our boss who is glad to have the income coming in (we manage a guest house). He’ll just develop this once we’re gone...but who knows when that will be as the original timeline made it February 2017!  We’re trying to think of alternatives but job security and a steady income are important a we really don’t want to start spending the pot yet!

Yes that's right, life is in a holding circle and it's just far too disruptive in every way. There will be a point when for us it's just not worth it, husband is already talking about not going. What if we wait another two years only to discover there is even more delays, where will it all end?

9 hours ago, Judy said:

I have just been advised that Assurance of support applications at Centrelink are taking 18 weeks to process. 

About 10 days ago i was advised by department that AOS applications were taking about 16 weeks to process. Did you get this information from centrelink or immigration department

2 minutes ago, Elbert said:

About 10 days ago i was advised by department that AOS applications were taking about 16 weeks to process. Did you get this information from centrelink or immigration department

I'd heard differing times, 12 weeks and 18 weeks.  Why on earth then are Centrelink giving estimated times for processing of only 6 weeks.  Communication is sadly lacking in all aspects of this process I'm afraid.  If they told us the truth in the beginning it wouldn't make the waiting any easier but it would at least be a little less painful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elbert said:

My son called centrelink to check on his application and was told that it would be 18 weeks. 

• Like 1

I sent a test email to PVC today still the same.

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015."

No change since 01/06/2018, does DIBP put 143 applications on hold and fast track other streams that they have slotted into the 143 queue? Any thought guys/girls?

Kev

36 minutes ago, superman2016 said:

I sent a test email to PVC today still the same.

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015."

No change since 01/06/2018, does DIBP put 143 applications on hold and fast track other streams that they have slotted into the 143 queue? Any thought guys/girls?

Kev

I don’t think they have slotted any other stream in yet. Certainly no new news about the 2 retirement visas starting the process yet, if it’s like other headline announcements, nothing actually happens for years.

Best take any immigration announcements with a pinch of salt.

Edited by ramot

Has anyone the auto reply from PVC today and has it been updated. The last reply I received was on 2nd July when it was still at 5th May 2015. Hoping that we get an update today as it’s Friday. I think I write too many times to check so not receiving any updates.

3 hours ago, Wendy Daunt said:

Has anyone the auto reply from PVC today and has it been updated. The last reply I received was on 2nd July when it was still at 5th May 2015. Hoping that we get an update today as it’s Friday. I think I write too many times to check so not receiving any updates.

still stuck on 5th may 2015 ?

3 hours ago, Wendy Daunt said:

Yesterday I received an email from PVC requesting additional documents. Apparently a visa officer is looking at my case now. My lodgement day was 12th May 2015. So I believe the queue is moving a little bit forward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seamus said:

Yesterday I received an email from PVC requesting additional documents. Apparently a visa officer is looking at my case now. My lodgement day was 12th May 2015. So I believe the queue is moving a little bit forward.

I think any application has already been asked to provide additional documents, they will be processed.

Kev

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

That makes sense now. it might stop asking 143 applicants to provide further documents until the English test is being introduced. 

Kev

10 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Most if not all potential skilled immigrants already have to take the IELTS test. This comprises 4 components, first 3 are taken one after the other, listening, reading, writing an essay in test conditions, and then speaking part separately. It’s not straight forward. I took a practise one when my son was applying and “failed” to get enough points. I think it’s a higher than Primary school level.

So I don’t understand all this ‘new’ news about immigrants will have to take an English test.