Guest guest36187

Hello everyone . Because i have to prepare money For the 2nd VAC payment so After My sister submit bank guarantee when they have AOS approved and the second payment ? Please let me know .... So much appreciate to all of members in this forum

13 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Please read this 

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/FlagPost/2018/April/Assurance_of_Support_changes

change to AOS can be disallowed under motion  by senate or House of Representatives. 

One shocker of a statistic is this ...

“The changes may reduce the number of applicants for affected visa categories. There is currently strong demand for the limited number of parent visa places resulting in potential wait times of more than six years for Contributory Parent visas and more than 36 years for Non-Contributory Parent visas (based on 2016–17 statistics). In 2016–17, there were 6,218 Contributory Parent places granted and 1,345 Non-Contributory Parent places granted. As at 30 June 2017, there were 38,508 clients in the Contributory Parent ‘pipeline’ awaiting a place, and 49,735 clients in the Non-Contributory Parent pipeline. Contributory Parent visa applicants pay higher fees in exchange for shorter processing periods.”

Six years???!!!

Six years - only if everything stays as is and unfortunately I fear we are in for significant change.

The budget is only 15 days away and we should expect more surprises. The only thing in our favour at present, is the hold-up to the new parent visa. There has been much speculation that other parent visa streams will close, once this new visa is open. There are potentially thousands of non-contributory applicants that could switch to 143 visas and remain in chronological order (and who would blame them?). Then six years turns to ten years!

Also, you can clearly see how this government is trying to limit access to parent visas for low/middle-income families. So it is now highly likely we will see the cost of parent visas also rising, possibly even in the 2018/19 budget. I understand in the past, any price increase would not be applied retrospectively. But after what has just happened to AoS, there is now no guarantee.

I think we would reluctantly accept a 50% or 60% increase to the second vac, beyond this we would need to reconsider our visa application (Bare in mind the AoS income threshold just increase by over 100%).

• Like 1

Yes I understand that if parent visas are closed/narrowed that 103/804 visa applicants may wish to switch to 143 and still keep their  original lodgement date but actually how many could afford to do so on the new income rules for AOS and the price of the 2nd vac? They chose the non contributory visa because it was very much cheaper. But I believe they too in their turn will have to pay an AOS but for 2 years on 103/804 visas rather than 10 ( happy to be corrected on this point). Cue attempted mass deportations of elderly parents for non payment of AOS after years of living in Australia?????

I understand Australians are concerned about too much immigration as indeed it was one of the reasons for the Brexit result in UK. But would-be immigrants with good skills OR self sufficiency would still be acceptable to many. Especially if maybe parents were told they HAD to take out private health care for future use and that Medicare would only cover so much  

This is all such a mess and has been very badly handled. Looking forward to seeing what happens in parliament and the resulting media attention!!! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:05, Fisher1 said:

Hi Gafuk

I only come on here occasionally now, as I all moved and (?) settled, so forgive me if Ive already mentioned this to you. I notice you are using PSS for you removal and although we used them without any problems or breakages when we moved over eight months ago, the whole process took a lot longer than they estimated (19 weeks instead of 10-12).  So this is just a heads up to take a minute for a last rethink about what you are taking - if there's anything you aren't sure about. Example - we dithered about bringing our fridge freezer, eventually deciding against, and were so glad because we couldnt have managed without one and would have had to buy something small to tide us over while we waited. We did bring our washing machine as it was only 18 months old and while Im glad Ive got it now, if I had added launderette costs to the cost of removals, I think buying new would have been marginally cheaper.  

When the men arrived on the day, they would have been happy to add any last minute stuff - they said that it was all in the overall amount and it would just mean an adjustment in the price. 

This is all probably irrelevant to you, but I try to pass on anything I can from my own experience as a pay back to all the help I had from people on here during the three plus years we were waiting ... Try not to get blown away by the stress on the last couple of days and good luck with it alll! 

PS we wish we'd brought the plastic shelves out of the garage now ! :D

Thanks so much Fisher1. We are only taking our sofas and personal effects ( mainly sentimental)  we are staying with our daughter so will have essentials there. We are sending our excess clothing, my beloved bike and my even more beloved guitar so I think I might re think that one ! Thanks. 

I feel the same as everyone has given so much help and I only sign on every now and then and have received much more than I have given ! Thanks everyone again

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes I understand that if parent visas are closed/narrowed that 103/804 visa applicants may wish to switch to 143 and still keep their  original lodgement date but actually how many could afford to do so on the new income rules for AOS and the price of the 2nd vac? They chose the non contributory visa because it was very much cheaper. But I believe they too in their turn will have to pay an AOS but for 2 years on 103/804 visas rather than 10 ( happy to be corrected on this point). Cue attempted mass deportations of elderly parents for non payment of AOS after years of living in Australia?????

I understand Australians are concerned about too much immigration as indeed it was one of the reasons for the Brexit result in UK. But would-be immigrants with good skills OR self sufficiency would still be acceptable to many. Especially if maybe parents were told they HAD to take out private health care for future use and that Medicare would only cover so much  

This is all such a mess and has been very badly handled. Looking forward to seeing what happens in parliament and the resulting media attention!!! 

I'm wondering about Medicare. I thought the UK and Australia had a reciprocal agreement on health care?

They do but it only covers essentials. Long term care certainly wouldn’t be covered!  Under the reciprocal healthcare arrangements, British citizens resident in the UK and travelling on a British passport are entitled to limited subsidised health services from Medicare for medically necessary treatment while visiting Australia. This does not cover pre-existing conditions, or treatment that does not require prompt attention. Other exclusions under the reciprocal agreement include pharmaceuticals when not a hospital in-patient, use of ambulance services and medical evacuations, which are very expensive.

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tidang said:

Hello everyone . Because i have to prepare money For the 2nd VAC payment so After My sister submit bank guarantee when they have AOS approved and the second payment ? Please let me know .... So much appreciate to all of members in this forum

Hi Tidang,

Mmmm, As you must know the process is long and we have little information available.  Our daughter paid the AOS bond about 10 weeks ago I think but only had the letter of acceptance two weeks ago about the same time we had request for payment of 2nd Vac. We paid that on Wednesday 17th April and are waiting for our visa to be granted. Reading the other recent posts some of us might have process delayed to slow down the numbers of migrants. Selfishly I hope we escape that as we have waited such a long time and hopefully you too as you are so close also. I have tried to control my frustrations and adopt the " It will happen when it happens attitude " because it will happen when it happens.

Its hard to give a certain answer but we waited what seems like a long time from paying the bond to getting our letter of acceptance  but we had medical issues to clear up.

Hopefully you will not have the same wait, but how long will it be ... who knows.

We had been given 28 days to pay the 2nd VAC if that helps. I believe you can ask for a further 28 days but I would check with your agent if you have one. If not put the question out to the forum as I know some experienced agents very kindly sometimes share their knowledge . ( Hi Allan C :notworthy: )

• Like 5

I just fill my information on my signature thanks for your experience GAfuk but they tell my sister to receive AOS acceptance letter about 28 days. Is that true ? How can i give it soon because my application process about 37 months too long with me 

2 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

We have had our Letter of Acceptance, dated 20th received today 23rd April from Centrelink. Now we wait!!!

Geoff & Gill

Hi Geof Gill, From lodging the bond how long does the acceptance letter take please. Lodged ours and handed in proof to Centrelink last Friday. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ant111 said:

Hi Geof Gill, From lodging the bond how long does the acceptance letter take please. Lodged ours and handed in proof to Centrelink last Friday. Thanks

Our daughter lodged the bond on 21st Feb. Our AoS seemed to go through much quicker than others on this site ( see our signature on the bottom here). 

Regards Geoff & Gill

7 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

We have had our Letter of Acceptance, dated 20th received today 23rd April from Centrelink. Now we wait!!!

Geoff & Gill

That’s great news for you. 

Can I ask you did it all just happen or did you have to chase them up in anyway. 

Any advice on how to chase it up would be helpful, as our son applied for AOS 15 days before your daughters date and he has not heard anything yet. 

Hope things continue to progress for you.

Lorraine

32 minutes ago, Lolly T said:

That’s great news for you. 

Can I ask you did it all just happen or did you have to chase them up in anyway. 

Any advice on how to chase it up would be helpful, as our son applied for AOS 15 days before your daughters date and he has not heard anything yet. 

Hope things continue to progress for you.

Lorraine

Hi, no we didn’t do a thing. It just all happened quite smoothly and must admit, after reading some of the horror stories on here, we were quite surprised that it did!  Our daughter was advised when she first lodged the AoS that it should take a month to go through but that she was aware of a bit of a queue, and may take two months, which it in fact did.

Geoff & Gill

Thanks! Not holding my breath as it does say for welfare benefits. But a welcome boost. 

If you read nearly to the end of the test email reply which gives the processing date it does say they are aware there is a delay  in processing AOS and not  to ring up about it! 

19 hours ago, Tidang said:

I just fill my information on my signature thanks for your experience GAfuk but they tell my sister to receive AOS acceptance letter about 28 days. Is that true ? How can i give it soon because my application process about 37 months too long with me 

Sorry, you just have to try and  wait until it happens.it will ! 

We were just granted ours today ! After 40 months YIPPEE !!!! 

• Like 5