Guest guest36187

14 minutes ago, whataday said:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/eligibilityPage.jsf?wec-appid=aoscalc&wec-locale=en_US#stay

Centrelink just announced an update on AOS eligibility and requirements of assures’ taxable income 

It seems the requirement of AOS is getting tougher 

check it out. 

We’ll have 3 months to get 143 visa done before the new AOS applied. 

4 minutes ago, TinaH said:

We’ll have 3 months to get 143 visa done before the new AOS applied. 

Those who just lodged AOS after 1/4/2018 will be affected by this change 

New measure will upset a significant amount of assures

Edited by whataday

I can't quite see what difference there is after checking this out. Could you explain? The income requirement goes up slightly every year I think and the increase from two to three years for family visas won't affect parent visa which already has a 10 year wait period for benefits surely? 

@Zaki perhaps you will not hear about visa till immi are processing dates nearer  to your lodgement  date in May 2015. They are still only processing dates in April but quite a lot of people were asked to prepare things early so maybe as soon as your date nears it will go through quickly? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whataday said:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/eligibilityPage.jsf?wec-appid=aoscalc&wec-locale=en_US#stay

Centrelink just announced an update on AOS eligibility and requirements of assures’ taxable income 

It seems the requirement of AOS is getting tougher 

check it out. 

I thought the assures income was always part of the criteria for the AOS. Or is it only now they will be asking for proof and matching this to tax returns?

2 minutes ago, MikenC said:

The assurer has always had to prove their income

That's what I thought, although they now say "Can you provide proof of your income for the current financial year and Notice of Tax Assessment from the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as proof of income for the two previous financial years?"  Is proof by ATO new or have they always asked for this notice?

Always needed! Quote taken from their website after AOS was changed in 2006 and going forward ....(last updated July 2017) so still valid

The potential assurer must have sustained this income over the two financial years prior to applying to become an assurer, as evidenced by their Income Tax Assessment Notice, issued by the Australian Commissioner of Taxation

Im not sure whether this updated AOS will make any difference to parent visas at all! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I can't quite see what difference there is after checking this out. Could you explain? The income requirement goes up slightly every year I think and the increase from two to three years for family visas won't affect parent visa which already has a 10 year wait period for benefits surely? 

@Zaki perhaps you will not hear about visa till immi are processing dates nearer  to your lodgement  date in May 2015. They are still only processing dates in April but quite a lot of people were asked to prepare things early so maybe as soon as your date nears it will go through quickly? 

Until and unless my AoS wouldn't sinked out, immi wouldn't ask me for 2nd VAC. Those who are in April que have got everything done so it won't take too long. 

9 hours ago, MikenC said:

Great news. We heard from our son yesterday to say he had received the Centrelink letter as well, so another step forward for us as well. We may even get inside the 39 month projected process time if we're lucky

So when your son missed  the first call from Centrelink - did he get another call,or did they just send acceptance letter?

9 hours ago, TinaH said:

Btw, have you heard anything from DIBP? Your lodgement date was 12/3/15.

We had an e-mail from IMMI on 22 Jan with a small query which was easily sorted.  They also said that AOS was still outstanding.  We advised them that this had been submitted on 3 Jan.  We checked at the 8 week point to make sure that Centrelink had everything they needed and they confirmed that they did - just have to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...........

It would seem that once the AOS is approved we are good to go - hopefully not too long now.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Just heard from our daughter who is on holiday in Queensland, that she has had her Centrelink phone call interview. 6 weeks roughly from AoS application, not bad going! 

Geoff & Gill

Well done that’s good going! Our son still waiting for phone call, he lodged the AOS form at Centrelink on 6th Feb. 

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Btw, how did you get the result for medical and submitted to DIBP? We didn't hear anything from the Medical center after doing all the tests.

@TinaH when your medical examination report received by DIBP,  they send confirmation mail in a week or so

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Arrived in Fiji for holiday yesterday and Visa granted same day !!!  Can’t quite believe it after almost three years :D:D

Good luck to everyone else waiting hope yours isn’t much longer Pertenhall.

I'm so jealous. I'm only a few days after you. :sad:

1 hour ago, Zaki said:

@TinaH when your medical examination report received by DIBP,  they send confirmation mail in a week or so

I didn't receive any confirmation email or whatsoever. Did the medical center automatically send to DIBP or we have to request it from them?

Now I am more and more concerned.  Having read the new criteria for AoS it would seem that our daughter will not fill the requirements regarding income.  Does her application go by the old rules or the new ones.  This is so frustrating, especially as we will not need her financial support at all as we are fortunate enough to have adequate guaranteed pensions in place.  What do we do now?  More worries to add to the pile already there.