Guest guest36187

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/paying-visa-application-charges-avoiding-surcharges-on-credit-card-payments/

The Department of Immigration has announced that it is introducing a surcharge for payments of Visa Application Charges made by credit card with effect from the 19th of April, 2014.

The rates which will apply are as follows:

> Visa and Mastercard – 1.08%

> American Express and JCB – 1.99%

> Diners Club International – 2.91%

For a couple applying for a 143 or 864 visa this means that the surcharge when paying by credit card amounts to well over A$800.

More details are at this link about how to avoid the surcharge.

Best regards.

Hi Allan

Is it possible for an Australian resident to pay the 2nd VAC by EFTPOs on our behalf, after transferring fund to them

cheers Veronique

Hi Allan

Is it possible for an Australian resident to pay the 2nd VAC by EFTPOs on our behalf, after transferring fund to them

cheers Veronique

Hi Veronique.

At the moment EFTPOS or EFT isn't an option when paying the Department of Immigration.

A bank cheque is probably the best option - either via the Australian resident and his/her bank, or via the link in my posting above.

Best regards.

Hi Lou8670 - I can give you my timeline if it helps. Acknowledgement date of my 173 Visa application was March 2012. Visa granted May 2013. On arrival in Perth in August 2013 I applied to convert my 173 to the 143 permanent visa. This was granted last week 8 months to the day of applying. Hope this gives you some idea of times but the visa grant times do seem to vary...

Regards Silver Lady

Having scanned the recents posts in this thread; are 173 and 143 contributory parent visas now taking approx 18 months from lodgement or is it longer of shorter than that? My MIL lodged her application in September last year.

Cheers

Lou

Hi Guys

Hoping that someone can give me some advice

My Mum has just turned 70 this year & wants to come out here (Australia) to live......Can she apply for a CPV 143 from the UK? It's just looking at the immi.gov website if she goes for the Aged CPV 864 (which she would come under due to her age) It looks like to me that she would have to apply for here, which would make things very tricky :-(

So I am wanting to know if she can just do the CPV 143 even though she is 70?

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by lostintransit

lostintransit, I may be wrong so check, If your Mum is not going to work, why pay for the 143, when you can get the 864 or similar with a bridging visa to stay until granted. You should also check what difference it will make to her pension, because once granted it will be frozen.

It's good to see the thread is alive and kicking after all this time. I see the processing times have really slowed up over the last few months which is frustrating for anyone waiting. I wonder what the cause is?

My better half has just (yesterday) obtained citizenship - thank goodness, she got invited to a ceremony just as we were about to invest in a returning resident visa for holidays at the end of this month. So now she's an Aussie. Always wondered what it would be like married to an Aussie girl.

For now I've had to settle for a RRV due to work time spent overseas.

All the best

Steve

Edited by sandch

Hi all,

Prepration has begun to leave my home town for better future.

Resign from beloved job. My boss was very sad cause dedicated hardworking employ is leaving.

House in on sale,hopefully we will wind up everything very soon but it is too much of a hassle

thanks

boss2468

Hi Guys

Hoping that someone can give me some advice

My Mum has just turned 70 this year & wants to come out here (Australia) to live......Can she apply for a CPV 143 from the UK? It's just looking at the immi.gov website if she goes for the Aged CPV 864 (which she would come under due to her age) It looks like to me that she would have to apply for here, which would make things very tricky :-(

So I am wanting to know if she can just do the CPV 143 even though she is 70?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Both my husband and myself are 70 and applied for a 143 visa in June last year – hoping to receive the visa Dec / Jan – so it’s a long wait. We applied from the UK.

To obtain visa 864 you must hold a CPV temporary visa 884 and this would be applied for in Aus.

Not 100% sure of the above but read the parent book from immi – it’s a bit of a minefield but after you have read it about 6 times things do become clear.

Hope this helps

If you want to ask any other questions feel free so send a private message.

Guest spursno1

Hi andalog if your mother is in a position to visit you on a short term tourist visa and post all her paperwork ie birth certs,marriage etc then while she is her submit a 804 application (aged parent on shore) she will be issued with a bridging visa"A" within a week

This will allow her to stay in Oz legally until permanent visa is issued and comes into force when her tourist visa expires If sked she just needs to say after talks with you this is the place she wants to settle and any time shetravels she always brings with her her docs.She knows tat she wil ave several years to wait but this visa is so much cheaper than a contrib.one--she is also allowed to oin medicare good luck spurno1

Hi andalog if your mother is in a position to visit you on a short term tourist visa and post all her paperwork ie birth certs,marriage etc then while she is her submit a 804 application (aged parent on shore) she will be issued with a bridging visa"A" within a week

This will allow her to stay in Oz legally until permanent visa is issued and comes into force when her tourist visa expires If sked she just needs to say after talks with you this is the place she wants to settle and any time shetravels she always brings with her her docs.She knows tat she wil ave several years to wait but this visa is so much cheaper than a contrib.one--she is also allowed to oin medicare good luck spurno1

According to DIAC form 1024i - Bridging Visa

quote : non-citizens are eligible for Medicare if they have applied for a permanent residence visa other than a Parent Visa

Edited by Barry001

According to DIAC form 1024i - Bridging Visa

quote : non-citizens are eligible for Medicare if they have applied for a permanent residence visa application other than a Parent Visa

Just to clarify this point, applicants for the 804 visa are indeed entitled to a Medicare card under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with the UK - that is, provided that they were resident in the UK immediately before coming to Australia, The RHCA card does not provide the same benefits as a full Medicare card but we managed perfectly well on it (without private insurance) for the final five years of our wait for the 804 visa.

Cheers

Hi

Thank you for the info regarding the RHCA

I was aware that immigrants ex UK could obtain treatment via this route but it wasn't until I researched, prompted by you ,the extent of what was available to 804 and other visa applicants

Looking at both full Medicare and RHCA benefits, there seems to be no difference. There must be some of course. Can you enlighten me please

cheers Barry

Edited by Barry001

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I am 65 from the U K and want to live in australia with my two children and their families . I want to know what if any downsides there are to the 804 visa. Will my state pension continue to increase with inflation rises or will it be frozen on the bridging visa.

For those considering 804 visa strategies, can I highlight that:

> Visitor visas should not be used to enter Australia for the purpose of applying for an onshore visa. Those considering such a strategy should exercise caution and recognise the risks.

> The Department of Immigration has been known to keep tabs on forums such as this. There is (IMHO) a risk of the Department considering introducing (say) an 8503 condition on eVisitors of a certain age from the UK if large numbers are seen to be adopting the 804 pathway. An 8503 - in broad terms - prevents an application being lodged while onshore in Australia.

It is probably better to explore 804 strategies with others via Private Messages and emails.

Best regards.

Hi

Thank you for the info regarding the RHCA

I was aware that immigrants ex UK could obtain treatment via this route but it wasn't until I researched, prompted by you ,the extent of what was available to 804 and other visa applicants

Looking at both full Medicare and RHCA benefits, there seems to be no difference. There must be some of course. Can you enlighten me please

cheers Barry

The RHCA card covers you only for conditions which arise after you arrive in Australia and which need immediate treatment. This made no difference to me; I only ever go to the Doctor if I need immediate treatment. Anyway, you probably would not pass the initial medical for the 804 visa in the first place if you had a serious pre-existing medical condition. Some expensive drugs are not covered and some long-term treatments - like kidney dialysis - are problematical on the RHCA card.

Regarding the question asked by Gilly333 I'm afraid that the British OAP is frozen as soon as you get the bridging visa.

Regarding the points made by Alan Colette he is perfectly correct that if condition 8503 is applied to your visitor visa then you will be unable to apply for the 804 visa. The issues surrounding this point have been discussed at great length on a sister site at

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/4509-cheap-parent-visas-part-i.html

The whole thread is worth reading carefully if you are interested in the 804 visa.

If you arrive in Australia with the genuine intention of visiting relatives - i.e. with a return ticket and no great volume of baggage - then there is no reason why condition 8503 should be applied. If you change your mind while you are here, there is nothing illegal about that.

In fact you can only apply for the 804 visa if you are legitimately in Australia for some other purpose. How else are elderly people to be legitimately in Australia if they are not here as visitors? Nevertheless, I take the point and will say no more. If anyone wants to share my experience please feel free to contact me by PM. I am not an expert on the subject but I can at least share my own experience.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks John.

I merely think we need to be cautious about the 804 ... it is increasingly on people's radar as a means of saving many thousands of A$'s, and I'm sure none of us would want to see the opportunity withdrawn due to perceived abuses. You know how Governments can be ...

Best regards.

Hi Just for info

Today on immi's auto reply email they stated that they are starting assessments ie assigning COs for CPV applications received by them on 19 Nov 2012 - which I calculate to to be 17 months and 20 days

An auto reply from immi on 3 March stated they were starting assessments for applications received on 15 August 2012 which I calculate to be 18 months and 15 days. An improvement in processing time to CO of about 25 days

lets hope they keep on improving !!

cheers

Barry

Hi Alan,

Today I received an email from DIAC stating .."A letter and checklist requesting you to undertake the checks required to assess your application had been sent to you previously. You are now requested to provide the documents on the checklist as your application will soon be allocated for assessment."

But I have not received any letter. Same thing happened with my acknowledgment letter. They said they had sent me the acknowledgment through post but I never received it. They did not resend it. The issue here is I need the letter through email as I am not getting postal mails but they stated if I have not received it they will resend the letter. I fail to understand this that inspite of sending number of mails to DIAC for communicating me through email they are sending letters to me. How do I request them to send me the document checklist through email?

Please advise. I can not proceed for medical without the letter. I have checked it with the authorised medical centre.

Anyone please advise if there is any other way that I can do my medical and send to DIAC.

Hi Alan,

Today I received an email from DIAC stating .."A letter and checklist requesting you to undertake the checks required to assess your application had been sent to you previously. You are now requested to provide the documents on the checklist as your application will soon be allocated for assessment."

But I have not received any letter. Same thing happened with my acknowledgment letter. They said they had sent me the acknowledgment through post but I never received it. They did not resend it. The issue here is I need the letter through email as I am not getting postal mails but they stated if I have not received it they will resend the letter. I fail to understand this that inspite of sending number of mails to DIAC for communicating me through email they are sending letters to me. How do I request them to send me the document checklist through email?

Please advise. I can not proceed for medical without the letter. I have checked it with the authorised medical centre.

Anyone please advise if there is any other way that I can do my medical and send to DIAC.

Hi Blueray

i'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems with immi

The only thing that I can suggest to get your medicals moving is to email immi and apply for your HAP IDs which is the reference you use to make an appointment with the approved medical examiner

If you email them with the reference HAPLTR and your file reference in the subject line, you should get a response very quickly

I know it doesn't solve your problems entirely but it would be a start

cheers Barry

Edited by Barry001

Hi Blueray

i'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems with immi

The only thing that I can suggest to get your medicals moving is to email immi and apply for your HAP IDs which is the reference you use to make an appointment with the approved medical examiner

If you email them with the reference HAPLTR and your file reference in the subject line, you should get a response very quickly

I know it doesn't solve your problems entirely but it would be a start

cheers Barry

Thanks Barry. Thank you so much. Your suggestion is really helpful. I have written them a mail requesting them to send me the letter via email. I will also send this mail you have suggested in order to speed up the process of documentation.

I was also wondering which all documents they must have asked...anything other than PCC, medical and Form 80 ?