Guest guest36187

MIL received her case officer today 624 days after lodging her application! They are now dealing with applications from 16 September 2013!

Glad it's moving along. Would like to know how she has to send her form 80 and police checks does she have to email or send by post also what options does she have to pay the visa charge?

MIL received her case officer today 624 days after lodging her application! They are now dealing with applications from 16 September 2013!

Great News, fingers crossed they'll keep up the good work and get to 18 months again :)

Cheers,

Nassim

Good morning,

Does anyone know if the parent visa email is working? I have sent an email but not had a response. I have seen on here somebody say is has gone to the 18th September, is this confirmed? Excited!! Please keep moving along!!

I just checked 10 minutes ago and for offshore 143/173 it's 11 Sept 2013 that is being assessed. Be that as it may we applied on 30 Aug 2013 and we haven't been asked for the final fee or given a yea or nay yet.

Bob

Hello Bob and Maggy

My understanding is that when they give an assessment date on the TEST email that is the date you can expect a case officer to contact you. The process then takes a few more weeks ..... Certainly from reading other applicants posts the final stages seem to vary in the length of time taken. Frankly I would be thrilled to hear from a case officer but I don't see that happening until next year! I also thought that if they' ve asked you to do a medical and police report and if they are satisfactory then the rest is just a rubber stamping of the form and the final VAC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Juliehttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1698424017051975.1073741859.1379583012269412&type=1

Hello Bob and Maggy

My understanding is that when they give an assessment date on the TEST email that is the date you can expect a case officer to contact you. The process then takes a few more weeks ..... Certainly from reading other applicants posts the final stages seem to vary in the length of time taken. Frankly I would be thrilled to hear from a case officer but I don't see that happening until next year! I also thought that if they' ve asked you to do a medical and police report and if they are satisfactory then the rest is just a rubber stamping of the form and the final VAC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Juliehttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1698424017051975.1073741859.1379583012269412&type=1

Unfortunately the rest isn't just rubber stamping. Once you are allocated a case officer they will ask you to complete all of the information they require and submit all reports. They can ask for further medical investigations if there is a potential issue. Once they have all of the information they will request the Vac to ensure you have the finances available then they assess the whole case and make a decision as to whether to issue you with a visa. The only thing I'm not sure on is if they tell you if you're unsuccessful before or after requesting the vac.

Glad it's moving along. Would like to know how she has to send her form 80 and police checks does she have to email or send by post also what options does she have to pay the visa charge?

Her case officer has requested she scan the documents to an email address they've supplied to her. She'd omitted to do a form 80 for her hubby so has been asked to supply that.

Re. The visa charge I assume you mean the vac as the visa charge was paid on initial application. She hasn't been asked to pay the vac just yet. They usually wait until they have all other information before requesting the vac to be paid.

The application is acknowledged as a valid one quite early in the process. If it were not it would not proceed to Case Officer stage.Once a Case Officer ( or the dept) get in touch with you they notify you of when they want you to proceed with medicals, Aos etc, and as long as these are proved they will will be ready to grant your visa. They have already checked all the other stuff you've sent them by then.The term VAC means Visa Application charge & it is made in two stages; the initial VAC for processing your actual application, and the 2nd VAC , the huge visa cost which is requested after Meds/ AoS are completed.They would not request the 2nd VAC if they were not going to grant the visa.

On checking dates our application arrived in Perth on 27 August 2013, our form 80 was lodged in Jan 2014 and the 1st part of the VAC $3090 was paid. We were asked for police reports early July 2014 and lodged them in 22 July ((£45 each and 10 processing time by Police). Medicals were requested October 2014 (£300 each plus 3 hour drive each way to Edinburgh). Assurance of Support bond paid $14000 also requested and paid October. Just been speaking to our agent who confirmed that there are a few people in our position and these delays are very unusual. They have emailed our case officer but have received no reply as yet. They are going to send some more emails as our Police checks have now run out these were requested by Perth at that time and Perth have not been able to process within the time limit on the Police checks - not a very satisfactory situation!

Bob

On checking dates our application arrived in Perth on 27 August 2013, our form 80 was lodged in Jan 2014 and the 1st part of the VAC $3090 was paid. We were asked for police reports early July 2014 and lodged them in 22 July ((£45 each and 10 processing time by Police). Medicals were requested October 2014 (£300 each plus 3 hour drive each way to Edinburgh). Assurance of Support bond paid $14000 also requested and paid October. Just been speaking to our agent who confirmed that there are a few people in our position and these delays are very unusual. They have emailed our case officer but have received no reply as yet. They are going to send some more emails as our Police checks have now run out these were requested by Perth at that time and Perth have not been able to process within the time limit on the Police checks - not a very satisfactory situation!

Bob

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I can't understand why they changed the way they processed visas. When we applied we got the acknowledgment then nothing until a CO was appointed. We were then asked to do medicals, police checks and to begin the AoS application. We were given 28 days but could get more time if needed. Once all those things were received, we were given ankther 28 days to get the 2nd VAC to them and a few days later the grant letter was emailed.

I hope you are going to let them know how annoyed you are that you have to buy more police checks due to their incompetence. I know I would!

Good luck with the rest of the process.

Regards, Val

Bob

That's a long wait yes. Not nice at all.

but when I received requests to complete Police Checks / Medicals/ AoS it was for a date 5 months hence, whereas you seem to have provided them straight away and now your Police checks are out of time. Very frustrating, but I wonder if the agent should have suggested you do them a bit later so this problem wouldn't have arisen?

and how Centrelink takes so long after the payment's been made for the AoS seems to be a problem; they had mine for months too before I heard it had been cleared to Immigration.

It is very frustrating as it is difficult to make any definite plans. To be fair to the agents it was 10 months after we lodged our application that they were advised that it was time to get the Police checks, the expected processing time from first application was 12 to 18 months with the upper end of the time scale being most unlikely. So not unreasonable really. Just the difference between theory and practice.

Bob

Hi guys, I'm back after living four years in Perth! First place I turned to for looking a options for parents to move out here. I have heard that the last remaining relative is not longer around? That the CPV is really the main option.

Great to be logged back on and seeing this site go strength to strength. ?

Hi everybody...

I want to ask about the current process to obtain a parent visa. I want my mother to get one. I'll soon get my PR and my brother will get his citizenship. So my Mother will be living alone back in our country.

I heard about the contributory parent visa which cost around $50k-60k aud. and takes long time. is this correct?

are there any other options?

It is very frustrating as it is difficult to make any definite plans. To be fair to the agents it was 10 months after we lodged our application that they were advised that it was time to get the Police checks, the expected processing time from first application was 12 to 18 months with the upper end of the time scale being most unlikely. So not unreasonable really. Just the difference between theory and practice.

Bob

I think I would check with the agents on this one. Our application was accepted on 30 Aug 2013. Our Agents said not to do anything until Meds and Police Checks were requested from the Case Officer. We actually started the ball rolling when the immi date was stuck forever on 29 Aug 2013 - Meds on 29 June 15 and police checks a week later. We received notification about a week ago and are in the process of sorting out assurance of support now (dosh is in place, just need to transfer it). I would confirm with the agents if they had actually received a request from DIPB for Police checks and that it was more to do with the agent jumping the gun. We were informed from the very start that it could take 18 months at least before it all started happening. I am not sure I would inform DIPB of 'their incompetence' until I knew for sure it was them (not sure I would anyway, as you need these guys on your side). Good luck with it anyway.

Morning all,

Hopefully we are soon to be asked for our second VAC. We have the funds already in a bank account in Australia. Having recently transferred the assurance of support, we had to contact the bank and get special authority to transfer the $14,000 to our son's account and was told the maximum allowed to be transferred in one transaction is $15,000, or with extra special permission, $20,000. Does anyone know if DIPB use BPAY or any other system whereby the transfer can be done by one transaction rather than five? Many thanks.

It's Commbank that take the AoS payment - they have to set up an rntirely new account for it. I had to attend with my daughter - I transferred the funds to her account & they took it from hers , all at the same time.

Hi Freesia,

Many thanks for getting back to me; I didn't explain it very well, the AOS is pretty well sorted it is the Second VAC that I (hopefully) will be looking to pay shortly. Cheers.

I'm sorry if this is answered already in this huge thread. Check my status in the signature. My parents or my wife parents would like to get the Parent Visa so that they can come in the country and leave any time as opposed to the visitor visa which contains many restrictions. I just casually spoke to my agent who said the processing may take up to 30 years. I was like what!!!!!! What are the other saner ways to get the visa in say like 2 years?

The parent visa is very expensive if you don't want to wait all those years.

The only option now for migrants wishing to bring their parents to Australia is the "contributory parent" visa – at a cost of $47,120, plus a bond of $10,000 to cover any welfare payments made over a 10-year period. The total is $105,905 to bring two parents to Australia.

The parent visa is very expensive if you don't want to wait all those years.

The only option now for migrants wishing to bring their parents to Australia is the "contributory parent" visa – at a cost of $47,120, plus a bond of $10,000 to cover any welfare payments made over a 10-year period. The total is $105,905 to bring two parents to Australia.

Now this is super expensive. I'd probably go for the visitor visa thing then. For how long can my parents stay on visitor Visa in Australia? 3 months/6 months or 12 months? And can they renew it frequently?

I'm sorry if this is answered already in this huge thread. Check my status in the signature. My parents or my wife parents would like to get the Parent Visa so that they can come in the country and leave any time as opposed to the visitor visa which contains many restrictions. I just casually spoke to my agent who said the processing may take up to 30 years. I was like what!!!!!! What are the other saner ways to get the visa in say like 2 years?

They could apply for a subclass 103 Parent visa.

Yes, this has an extended processing time, but it means there is an application for permanent residency in the system - and from what we are seeing there are more subclass 804 Aged Parent applications being lodged than 103s, so the processing time for a 103 application might not be the 30 years that has been suggested.

Best regards.