Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone

The "test" reply this morning says they're assessing up to 25 October 2013 now, so a bit more progress.

All the best

Steve

Just been looking at the current run rate for assessing the 143 visa's. On the 4/8/15 they were assessing the 25 September 2013 and as at the 4/9/15 they have moved to the 25 October 2013, so at that current rate and the time it's taking from assessment to visa grant its pointing towards a time frame of 2 years unless things start to speed up, let's hope so.

Joe

Hi all, Does any one know the processing time for an Aged Parent Visa 804? Lodged mine in June last year and I have just had a letter stating I am now on the list.

Thanks

Hi Anne

This is from the auto reply "Test" email yesterday:-

"PROCESSING

ONSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 804)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 12 months) you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. As soon as you are assessed as meeting all requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in November 2014

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date up to April 2009"

Hope this helps.

All the best

Steve

Just been looking at the current run rate for assessing the 143 visa's. On the 4/8/15 they were assessing the 25 September 2013 and as at the 4/9/15 they have moved to the 25 October 2013, so at that current rate and the time it's taking from assessment to visa grant its pointing towards a time frame of 2 years unless things start to speed up, let's hope so.

Joe

Hi Joe

Not good news!!:dull:

Regards

Steve

Hi 143 applicants.

Just want to let you know that I was granted a case officer on 24 August 2015 for an application lodged 10 October 2013. Make sure you have all your paperwork saved in PDF format as they will accept scanned copies including your police checks. Also, don't make the mistake I did. Ensure that all your documents have been certified in advance of being asked for them. If you are overseas have the money for the second instalment in an Australian bank account otherwise it will take 28 days for funds to clear from international banks. The payment needs to be credit card (which not many people have an $85,000 limit) or a bankers cheque. I had everything ready:

Certified copies of police clearance including translations is applicable

Certified copies of Passports

Form 80

Medicals done

Assurance of support done

My visa was issued 5 days after I was allocated a case officer!!

That's it folks I'm a permanent resident.

Hi 143 applicants.

Just want to let you know that I was granted a case officer on 24 August 2015 for an application lodged 10 October 2013. Make sure you have all your paperwork saved in PDF format as they will accept scanned copies including your police checks. Also, don't make the mistake I did. Ensure that all your documents have been certified in advance of being asked for them. If you are overseas have the money for the second instalment in an Australian bank account otherwise it will take 28 days for funds to clear from international banks. The payment needs to be credit card (which not many people have an $85,000 limit) or a bankers cheque. I had everything ready:

Certified copies of police clearance including translations is applicable

Certified copies of Passports

Form 80

Medicals done

Assurance of support done

My visa was issued 5 days after I was allocated a case officer!!

That's it folks I'm a permanent resident.

Great info, very helpful, Stag. Celebrations in full swing for you I expect. Are you actually in Aus now or in process of packing up?

Congratulations to you, well done.

We have a NAB account with enough funds in credit, at what point in time did you arrange for Draft to be raised, assuming you do not have Credit card to cover, also at what point did you arrange the AOS.

regards G&G

Hi guys,

I have also just been granted the 143. I did the same as you, even used the same bank. I then transferred the amount to my son's account and arranged for a banker' cheque to be sent - saved over $1000 in credit card charges. I waited until asked for the dosh (mainly as they need the reference number). Everything went very smoothly. Good luck with it.

cheers

Guest geordie joe
Hi guys,

I have also just been granted the 143. I did the same as you, even used the same bank. I then transferred the amount to my son's account and arranged for a banker' cheque to be sent - saved over $1000 in credit card charges. I waited until asked for the dosh (mainly as they need the reference number). Everything went very smoothly. Good luck with it.

cheers

Great news oldun, time to celebrate.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi geordiejoe

just a 12 month travel insurance is fine we are here now, using that I also had to have a medical before visa was granted, but my husband didn't hope this helps Lorraine

Hi Lorraine thanks for the info.

regards

Joe

Hi guys,

cheers

Hi oldun, congrats on the grant. Just wondering what were your stats? When did you apply, and when did CO get allocated, and when was final grant etc...?

Hi oldun, congrats on the grant. Just wondering what were your stats? When did you apply, and when did CO get allocated, and when was final grant etc...?

Thanks - it was quite a long wait. We initially applied on 30 August 2013, however that was when the unexpected extra price hike was introduced so a lot of people put in for it around that time. The date from the immi website was stuck on 29 August 2013 for about 6 weeks which was pretty mind bending. We started working on the Medicals and Police Checks about 3 weeks into when the date was on 29 August as we knew it had to change eventually. If you want to check on the exact dates put "CPV tracker" into google and look under "Visas granted" (you don't have to be a member) - my one is cholder. It is so worth it in the end - good luck with yours. Cheers

Hi, Alan, thanks for the link, however we are unable to find out what the 'Newstart Allowance' is for this year. The link only gives examples of what it was.ie $11,931, or is it still this figure.

thanks for any clarification you can give us,

Geoff and Gill

Google is your friend ...

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/newstart-allowance

Best regards.

Has anyone else encountered this problem. I was granted 143 visa in April 2013 and have been living in Brisbane for 2 years. Immi sent an email letting me know the visa had been approved but I have never had a Notification of Grant with all my details on it including the visa grant number.

I had to phone Immigration in London to find out my visa grant number at the time.

Now I need to produce this notification and though I've emailed the case officer who dealt I've not had any response. How can I get this notification - any ideas ?

Has anyone else encountered this problem. I was granted 143 visa in April 2013 and have been living in Brisbane for 2 years. Immi sent an email letting me know the visa had been approved but I have never had a Notification of Grant with all my details on it including the visa grant number.

I had to phone Immigration in London to find out my visa grant number at the time.

Now I need to produce this notification and though I've emailed the case officer who dealt I've not had any response. How can I get this notification - any ideas ?

I'm not too sure what sort of notification you need or why, but in terms of seeing the VISA granted and which was electronically tagged to your passport, then I recommend you use the Online Visa Enquiry service which you can access here; https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

Hi guys,

I already lodged a non contributory visa application subclass 103 for my parents and application date was in October 2013.

However, currently my parents wish to switch to subclass 143 contributory parent visa.

My agent advised that I would have to do a fresh new application and waiting time will start from the beginning (2-2.5 years from now if I do a new application now). This means the waiting time since October 2013 till now will not be taken into consideration if we change from 103 to 143 visa

However, my friend's father was exactly in same situation and my friend told me his father was in shorter waiting period when switching from 103 to 143 visa application

1. Could you please advise if it is possible to switch to subclass 143 (withdraw 103 application) and the waiting time while applying for 103 visa still counts?

2. If I decide to switch to 143 visa, do I have to submit personal info/passports/forms all over again or just need to fill in Form 47PA?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply

I would send an email to the generic email address at the Parents Visa Centre.

Best regards.

Hi guys,

I already lodged a non contributory visa application subclass 103 for my parents and application date was in October 2013.

However, currently my parents wish to switch to subclass 143 contributory parent visa.

My agent advised that I would have to do a fresh new application and waiting time will start from the beginning (2-2.5 years from now if I do a new application now). This means the waiting time since October 2013 till now will not be taken into consideration if we change from 103 to 143 visa

However, my friend's father was exactly in same situation and my friend told me his father was in shorter waiting period when switching from 103 to 143 visa application

1. Could you please advise if it is possible to switch to subclass 143 (withdraw 103 application) and the waiting time while applying for 103 visa still counts?

2. If I decide to switch to 143 visa, do I have to submit personal info/passports/forms all over again or just need to fill in Form 47PA?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply

Sound like you might need a new agent ... :-)

You asked:

=> You should find that the processing time on the 103 IS factored into the processing of your 143 application.

=> The documentation attached to your subclass 103 application should be transferred across to the 143. We had this same situation for a client recently.

Best regards.