Guest guest36187

Heads up on AOS:

When opening up the necessary a/cs with the Commonwealth Bank, apparently Managers have the discretion to waive a/c opening fees - as my daughter found out to our benefit today:-) She was though disgusted to have to pay her own bank (Westpac) a fee to print what I thnk is a bank draft for the AOS money (?). She is considering changing banks!

Heads up on AOS:

When opening up the necessary a/cs with the Commonwealth Bank, apparently Managers have the discretion to waive a/c opening fees - as my daughter found out to our benefit today:-) She was though disgusted to have to pay her own bank (Westpac) a fee to print what I thnk is a bank draft for the AOS money (?). She is considering changing banks!

I think you'll find it standard practice for all Oz banks to charge for issuing bank cheques ( known as bankers draft in UK)

Hi,

Does anybody know, previously when there was fee increases for Parent Visas specifically for the 2nd Vac, was it implemented only for new applicants or existing applicants as well who were already in the pipeline? I am concerned because there was talk going around (productivity commission recommendations) about the new 5 year temporary visa and doubling of the parent visa fees from July 1st 2017. Again, if so do you think that it maybe specifically for applicants applying after July 1st or everyone processed thereafter?

Pls let me know your thoughts.

cheers.

Hi,

Does anybody know, previously when there was fee increases for Parent Visas specifically for the 2nd Vac, was it implemented only for new applicants or existing applicants as well who were already in the pipeline? I am concerned because there was talk going around (productivity commission recommendations) about the new 5 year temporary visa and doubling of the parent visa fees from July 1st 2017. Again, if so do you think that it maybe specifically for applicants applying after July 1st or everyone processed thereafter?

Pls let me know your thoughts.

cheers.

Parent visa fees (1st and 2nd vac) are payable at the rate that was in force at the time your application was lodged

Reply from Immi: "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 July 2014"

Woohoo!

At last things seem to be moving again. By my reckoning only 9 days away from things starting to happen for you Geordioejoe!

Hopefully the process is moving smoothly for you now Julie and I am looking forward to hearing that you have your second VAC request.

Fingers crossed for you Steve and Sadge that the process is smooth and swift until your visa is granted. The waiting room is getting awfully crowded and we could do with a few more people vacating it, although I suspect it is going to be a long time before I am in sight of the exit door.

Hi All

After an epic with Centrelink and don't even mention the troubles we had with Commonwealth Bank, we finally got our AOS approved and acceptance letter was collected on Tuesday. The wifi at our daughters house has been out of action for a week now so we hauled the laptop down to the local shopping centre for some free wifi and uploaded the letter to IMMI. Within one hour we had a reply saying pay up please!!!!! Sod's law we just missed the bank by 2mins and had to wait until the following day to send off our cheque. The sun is now shining Mr Telstra has been to sort out the wifi and I can now book our flights to go offshore next week. To all those still waiting good luck with the AOS it is without doubt the biggest pain in the bum and enough to drive anyone to the edge.

great to see the date is moving forwards now....... any news Sadge and Tien?

Julie

dont get too excited. It's only moved from 04 July last Friday & 5th & 6th July 2014 was a weekend. It's only moved one working day again

I agree with you. Bad habits are surfacing again. There shouldn't have been a days movement when they were " supposed" to be slow only in May and June 2014. I'm also a bit shocked.

Edited by Bear2015

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 July 2014."

A good jump after a long time. Hopefully, they will speed up more once all the June applicants will get their visa granted.

i just got another response, but this time saying :We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 July 2014.

I wonder which is correct?

I just sent off another test email, with the same result as Catlady

Are they playing with us or do they really not know what they're doing?

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 July 2014.

Guest geordie joe
i just got another response, but this time saying :We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 July 2014.

I wonder which is correct?

I can confirm it's the 16th ? Had the email today from immi. So same as Steve it's a mini woohoo for now.

I can confirm it's the 16th  Had the email today from immi. So same as Steve it's a mini woohoo for now.

well, I couldn't resist sending yet another test email - and yes, this time it's showing 16th July. So Geordie Joe, you should be asked for the usual docs any time now? Waiting with bated breath.

Guest geordie joe
well, I couldn't resist sending yet another test email - and yes, this time it's showing 16th July. So Geordie Joe, you should be asked for the usual docs any time now? Waiting with bated breath.

when I said I had received the email it wasn't the test reply, it was THE email.

Are you out of the waiting room Julie?

Hi Alan

we have just paid the 2nd VAC and have booked our flights to NZ departing on Tuesday night, so I'm propped up against the waiting room door waiting to go.........

it's such a relief, we can now get on with our lives, bought a new car and now house hunting. House prices are rising so rapidly here we have decided to take a hit on the exchange rate and buy something now. Shipping container leaves UK on 5th Dec so no pressure to find anything! Feeling so much better now we are about to exit the waiting room.

Julie

Hi Alan

we have just paid the 2nd VAC and have booked our flights to NZ departing on Tuesday night, so I'm propped up against the waiting room door waiting to go.........

it's such a relief, we can now get on with our lives, bought a new car and now house hunting. House prices are rising so rapidly here we have decided to take a hit on the exchange rate and buy something now. Shipping container leaves UK on 5th Dec so no pressure to find anything! Feeling so much better now we are about to exit the waiting room.

Julie

Hi Julie, very pleased that you are on your way out of the waiting room.We will miss your regular updates. We are just under a year behind you and are wondering how you had arranged for your container to be stored when you left UK. We have a quote for the container as and when but had been informed that storage of the container would be expensive over a long period, therefore our worldly goods are in storage awaiting visa, likewise our caravan.

It would be more convenient for us to store altogether in one 40' container as soon as possible. Any info you have would be great!

Thanks Geoff and Gill

Hi Julie, very pleased that you are on your way out of the waiting room.We will miss your regular updates. We are just under a year behind you and are wondering how you had arranged for your container to be stored when you left UK. We have a quote for the container as and when but had been informed that storage of the container would be expensive over a long period, therefore our worldly goods are in storage awaiting visa, likewise our caravan.

It would be more convenient for us to store altogether in one 40' container as soon as possible. Any info you have would be great!

Thanks Geoff and Gill

Hi

our removal company who partner with Anglo Pacific export packed, wrapped and listed our belongings on a inventory (apparently they can do caravans too). They then took everything up to their store awaiting our instructions to ship. Storage is charged weekly and we did insurance through Letton Percival as their rates were much better. We filled in all the paperwork required (not much) and then waited and waited and waited and waited until finally when we got the AOS accepted we instructed our removal company to order the container and get a shipping date. We had had an email back in September from our case officer saying that we would go straight to 2Nd VAC once the AOS was accepted. You can imagine our frustration when Centrelink took over 9weeks to process the paperwork, not to mention the extra expense we have incurred on storage simply because their staff forgot to upload docs. I,m trying to forget the AOS process as I really thought we would never sort it out but unfortunately it's still a bit of a sore point.....nurse says I,ll get my sense of humour back soon ha ha....

Julie