Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
I can not remember the amount but I remember you can have more than 1 assurer of support to make the amount, hope that helps until you find out.

Thanks Linda

Guest geordie joe
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I believe there is a minimum income requirement for the assurer of support can anyone tell me the figure.

Thanks

If you go to this link it gives you the calculations. http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-socia...y-law/9/4/3/60. I've asked the question before as to whether this amount is before tax but haven't yet managed to find the answer to that one. I also wonder how strict they are with the amounts and also don't know if they take into account our income. Zee

Thanks Zee, for some reason I had it in my mind it was $75,000.

Joe

Hi Amanda

could not believe the result of the referendum, luckily we transferred the visa fee @ 1.96 so feeling a bit happier, plus today the rate looks slightly better than yesterday. Like you, we think we will rent for a while until the rate recovers. Can't risk sending all our money over until we know we have a visa. Flying out to Melbourne on Thursday! It all feels at bit strange, just one more goodbye to do.

Julie

Good luck Julie, keep in touch on the site and let us know your experiences (good and bad) it's exciting and frightening all at the same time isn't it? ?

What a difference a week can make. Immi asks us can we pay and leave immediately. We clear our bank account paying 2nd vacs and flights to NZ last night and today we are estactic to say all 3 of us were granted. We are soooooo happy Kim

Congratulations, does it seem like it's been going on forever? Or now you have jumped the hurdle it doesn't seem as long?

Congratulations, does it seem like it's been going on forever? Or now you have jumped the hurdle it doesn't seem as long?

Thanks. I actually only have vague recollections of life before visa lodged at moment!! Now it's happened it's surreal I keep pinching myself as still feel 'what could go wrong' - despite bruised arm from the self inflicted pinches I feel we sooooooo did the right thing and all worth it. Highlight of my day today is sussing 'allowable deductions and tax offsets' as year end and doing my sons tax return as he has a vacant look on his face as what to do. Have set up my.gov.com and linked Medicare and Centrelink and ato on it so progress made. Kim

28 days, unless you have a compelling reason and in that case you can get an extension.

Thanks - any idea what would count as a compelling reason? I'm awaiting a date for orthopaedic surgery, with at least a 3 month total recovery time; or would this not count as a reason for failing the medical? I'll be totally OK afterwards so not "ill".

Thanks - any idea what would count as a compelling reason? I'm awaiting a date for orthopaedic surgery, with at least a 3 month total recovery time; or would this not count as a reason for failing the medical? I'll be totally OK afterwards so not "ill".

What kind of a surgery? What is the issue you are being treated from?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it in public

What kind of a surgery? What is the issue you are being treated from?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it in public

That's very kind, thank you, but it's not that personal. It's an orthopaedic procedure to fuse the osteoarthritic joints in my left mid-foot. (Yes, ugh!!). It's just that the total back to normal, off crutches, will be about 12 weeks, and I haven't got a date for the surgery yet. Knowing my luck it'll all coincide with IMMI asking me to go for my medical. Not sure what sort of impression it would make, turning up for a medical on crutches!

That's very kind, thank you, but it's not that personal. It's an orthopaedic procedure to fuse the osteoarthritic joints in my left mid-foot. (Yes, ugh!!). It's just that the total back to normal, off crutches, will be about 12 weeks, and I haven't got a date for the surgery yet. Knowing my luck it'll all coincide with IMMI asking me to go for my medical. Not sure what sort of impression it would make, turning up for a medical on crutches!

As long as the operation goes ahead without dramas, should not be an issue.

A client of mine was on crutches when he passed medicals (had ACL reconstruction and meniscus removal and was still in post-op rehab/physio)

Even if you're still in recovery and can't turn up for medicals you can get them postponed with a letter from your surgeon

As long as the operation goes ahead without dramas, should not be an issue.

A client of mine was on crutches when he passed medicals (had ACL reconstruction and meniscus removal and was still in post-op rehab/physio)

Even if you're still in recovery and can't turn up for medicals you can get them postponed with a letter from your surgeon

Phew! That's a great relief. I'm very grateful for your reassurance (noting the caveat!).

Again, many thanks.

Happy anniversary to us - two years in the waiting room today - tried to get out of our seats to stretch our legs but couldn't get up!

Anyhow we've got our 600 visas now so off to Perth on the 19 July to wait in a better waiting room!

All the best

Steve

Guest geordie joe
Happy anniversary to us - two years in the waiting room today - tried to get out of our seats to stretch our legs but couldn't get up!

Anyhow we've got our 600 visas now so off to Perth on the 19 July to wait in a better waiting room!

All the best

Steve

Happy anniversary Steve and Ann, I'll get the drinks in for when you get here.

Any one heard how many 143 places there will be in the new Migration Programme Year ? Hope they haven't cut the numbers :unsure:

Yes I'd like to know that, tried looking on the immi website but no information from what I could see