Guest guest36187

Linda @Dolphin1962 - ypu need to add CO date to your signature - what a special date 29 February - Kim

Okay, so since I've had a crash update in my computing skills forced on me by immi, I might as well go for broke and ask will someone please tell me how you get all the writing about visa lodge dates etc. under your signature?

Guest geordie joe
Okay, so since I've had a crash update in my computing skills forced on me by immi, I might as well go for broke and ask will someone please tell me how you get all the writing about visa lodge dates etc. under your signature?

Hi Fisher,

go to the top of the page and click settings, on the next page on the left hand side of the screen you will see edit signature this opens a box which allows you to input your details.

Hello everybody

yippee the lesser spotted case officer has contacted me by phone and email today

so now I have to send them scanned copies of police certs and form 80 and bizarrely a copy of AOS confirmation from Centrelink who say immi already have it but who am I to argue. Will keep you posted

Congratulations Linda you must be so excited. This could be a good month

Maisie xx

Hi All,

I have now got all 4 of my quotes in for moving to Oz, this is based on a 40" container including the crating and shipping of my Harley

(customs fees are on top of these quotes)

It is entirely up to the individual how much value you put on all your Worldly goods and the insurance is calculated at a % of the total value. All who quoted us have said that there is a small amount of negotiation about this fee.

The other quite amazing thing is that they are all very similar in the total volume and have said we are using about 3/4 of the container.

Dorree Bonner £6700 +4% Ins (Sole use container) 8-10 weeks

Anglo Pacific £6287 +3% Ins (Sole Use Container) 8-10 weeks

PSS £6227 (Started at £6377) +3% Ins (Sole Use Container) 8-10 weeks

Pickfords £5544 (Started at £5974) +3% Ins (Shared Container) 8-12 weeks

They have all stated that the container will be filled at our house and a bulkhead place inside to stop our good moving. The Pickfords container will be taken back to their yard and the remaining space used before shipping.

Food for thought ??

Hope this info is useful to anyone who hasn't yet got that far with there planning and research.

Cheers

Phil

Hi, putting in for a 173, my daughter asked what she needs to do, she will have citizenship in August, can anyone help, thanks

Hi Harry, Assuming that your daughter already has permanent residency and if you don't have more than one child living elsewhere then you can simply apply for your 173. Print off the form, fill it in, enclose the requested docs and send it off together with the initial fee, with daughters proof of residency and her part of the form which she will need to complete to be your sponsor. Or you can do all this via an agent. The first part is the easy bit!!! Then it's a case of being in the waiting room, then medicals, police checks and more forms - which, as you may have already gathered from this forum, are rather more demanding and stressful!!! Good luck.

Well, your choice but it is all pretty straight forward and you will find that many of us on the forum have proceeded without an agent. The hardest thing is getting all the info together but you would have to do this bit yourself then provide it to the agent anyway. Suggest you go online to look at the form and what is required before you make a firm decision. As I said before, good luck!

Hi All,

I have now got all 4 of my quotes in for moving to Oz, this is based on a 40" container including the crating and shipping of my Harley

(customs fees are on top of these quotes)

It is entirely up to the individual how much value you put on all your Worldly goods and the insurance is calculated at a % of the total value. All who quoted us have said that there is a small amount of negotiation about this fee.

The other quite amazing thing is that they are all very similar in the total volume and have said we are using about 3/4 of the container.

Dorree Bonner £6700 +4% Ins (Sole use container) 8-10 weeks

Anglo Pacific £6287 +3% Ins (Sole Use Container) 8-10 weeks

PSS £6227 (Started at £6377) +3% Ins (Sole Use Container) 8-10 weeks

Pickfords £5544 (Started at £5974) +3% Ins (Shared Container) 8-12 weeks

They have all stated that the container will be filled at our house and a bulkhead place inside to stop our good moving. The Pickfords container will be taken back to their yard and the remaining space used before shipping.

Food for thought ??

Hope this info is useful to anyone who hasn't yet got that far with there planning and research.

Cheers

Phil

We are using Pickfords around 5200 for a 40ft container that will include our car Furniture will get loaded into vans from home then into container at the depot Car goes through to the depot a few days later so that we have it to the death Were in the north east of England going to Adelaide Furniture wise we put a value of about £5000 as our stuffs not new but we fell cost of a full container is worth it as we get the car and everything else tucked in

Thier insurance is excess plus covers for some storage either side of the pond if needed

We are using Pickfords around 5200 for a 40ft container that will include our car Furniture will get loaded into vans from home then into container at the depot Car goes through to the depot a few days later so that we have it to the death Were in the north east of England going to Adelaide Furniture wise we put a value of about £5000 as our stuffs not new but we fell cost of a full container is worth it as we get the car and everything else tucked in

Thier insurance is excess plus covers for some storage either side of the pond if needed

Hi,

Do you know much of the 40' are you using ? I don't think £5.2k will be for a full container, as they are loading at the depot they will be using what's left to ship other goods. As per our 4th quote.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL

Hi,

Do you know much of the 40' are you using ? I don't think £5.2k will be for a full container, as they are loading at the depot they will be using what's left to ship other goods. As per our 4th quote.

Cheers

Phil

Quote is for sole use don't forget we are taking furniture plus car an SUV

Its been great to read about the shipping options. I noted that you are taking a car over Patphillips47. My Dad is wanting to bring over his MGB, and wondered how I go about finding out about the import costs involved with this? Any help greatly received!:cute:

Guest geordie joe
Well folks it's happened!!!!!!w

2nd vac requested and visa will be granted as soon as we are offshore making plans now to go toBali for a week

cant believe it's finally happened at last Hooray

Good luck to everyone else waiting xxxx

WOW, that was quick Linda, get those flights booked. I'm sure you will have a big smile boarding the flight to Bali and an even bigger one on the return journey. Congratulations and don't forget to pop back into the waiting room now and again.

Joe

2nd vac requested and visa will be granted as soon as we are offshore making plans now to go toBali for a week

PANIC!!!

i have had an email from immi saying that they can't proceed because we haven't emailed a scanned copy of the AOS letter. We haven't done this because we haven't had it yet. I scanned all the details of the assurance of support bond, bank meeting etc but that ain't enough. I explained the situation in my email, also that we were due to visit Australia soon (next week) for ten weeks. I asked for advice, particularly whether we could be warned ahead of time about the issue of the visa, enabling us to go offshore.

immi said to email the AOS letter as soon as it arrived, but then said that 'as our visa application is nearing completion it would not be advisable to be in Australia.'

Are re we supposed to cancel our flights and postpone the holiday? We had thought we could fly to New Zealand for a few days. I am at s bit of a loss now.

Advice?

Up

Brilliant news - so pleased for you - good luck in your new life!

Steve

Its been great to read about the shipping options. I noted that you are taking a car over Patphillips47. My Dad is wanting to bring over his MGB, and wondered how I go about finding out about the import costs involved with this? Any help greatly received!:cute:

We are taking an Aussie car back it will need to go over the pits in Adelaide as we deregistered it before we left

Iron Chef in the transport and shipping forum can give you lots of info on what needs to be done for a UK car to go

Nn

Hi Amanda

Yes it's been a worry how the pound has dropped because of the pending Euro vote.

I'd be interested to hear the results of your enquiries but not sure the pound would fare much better against the dollar over there?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have heard from HSBC in Aus now. We have let them know our requirements (GBP account), and why, and our possible timeline and the advice is to wait until closer to the time that we will need the account (of course, if the rate improves we won't need it!) and then to e-mail our contact there one week before we plan to open the account, so we can discuss options and they can prepare the paperwork to set up the account. So far, so good.... although I think it may take more than one week.

Cheers

Amanda

PANIC!!!

i have had an email from immi saying that they can't proceed because we haven't emailed a scanned copy of the AOS letter. We haven't done this because we haven't had it yet. I scanned all the details of the assurance of support bond, bank meeting etc but that ain't enough. I explained the situation in my email, also that we were due to visit Australia soon (next week) for ten weeks. I asked for advice, particularly whether we could be warned ahead of time about the issue of the visa, enabling us to go offshore.

immi said to email the AOS letter as soon as it arrived, but then said that 'as our visa application is nearing completion it would not be advisable to be in Australia.'

Are re we supposed to cancel our flights and postpone the holiday? We had thought we could fly to New Zealand for a few days. I am at s bit of a loss now.

Advice?

Hi fisher

the letter you need is sent to the person who was your assurer in my Case my daughter I think it took a couple of weeks for her to get it it came from Centrelink I think then my daughter emailed it to me. Are you going back to the uk after your 10 week holiday? Cos if you are then I don't see it being a problem our letter says we have to activate the visa before October 28. Good luck immi aren't the most helpful are they