Guest guest36187

Hi Steve. I saw that this afternoon - better than nothing but looking up dec 2013 and the 7th and 8th were a weekend so really only 2 days? Kim

Hi Kim

Yes seems like pigeon steps; just looked through my old emails and noticed that on 2 November 2014 they were assessing for 9 April 2013, so in almost a year they have only gone forward some 8 months.

Regards

Steve

Hi, we have applied for 103 visas and don't have a queue date yet. We have just had to renew our passports and I am unsure whether to advise the Immigration Centre at Perth now or at a later date. If now how do I do it please? I saw something about emailing your case officer using a code for change of passport details but we don't have a case officer yet.

Hi all, glad to see my parents are not alone in their quest to reach Oz. Not sure the word frustrating some's it all up really, my dad used to have a full head of hair before the application was lodged. They applied for the 173 in Jan 14 which was acknowledged in July 14, we have also gone through an agent. We haven't heard anything since but are hoping to soon. Good luck to all :)

Hi Steve

Ill feel like we are getting somewhere when the TEST email states they are dealing with 2014 applications. sooner or later they will get their act together as they have a set allocation of places for each year, just please got on with it my hair is turning grey!!!!

Julie

Hi Ruth, You will need to fill in form 929 to change your passport details. We have also applied for the 103 visa and are now more than halfway down the list which has taken five years

Just as a little heads up, you ought to carry the expired passport with you when entering Australia even if you have filled in the form 929 and had the changes confirmed. I was horrified to log into VEVO only to discover that my visa still has the old passport number on it despite sending all the relevant documents to the Australian High Commission in London.

Regards, Val

Guest geordie joe

Received a very welcome email from Immi this morning confirming our visa's have been granted.

Unfortunately it was only our e600 12 month tourist visa, but hey it's a visa grant and we know we can now travel to Perth at the end of Novemeber. Hopefully immi will step up the pace with the 143 grants, whilst we are looking forward to a few months holiday, I will be returning to work once the visa is granted to keep the current Mrs K stocked up with shoes and handbags, she reckons the 3 shipping boxes she has filled is not anyway near enough.

Joe

Received a very welcome email from Immi this morning confirming our visa's have been granted.

Unfortunately it was only our e600 12 month tourist visa, but hey it's a visa grant and we know we can now travel to Perth at the end of Novemeber. Hopefully immi will step up the pace with the 143 grants, whilst we are looking forward to a few months holiday, I will be returning to work once the visa is granted to keep the current Mrs K stocked up with shoes and handbags, she reckons the 3 shipping boxes she has filled is not anyway near enough.

Joe

Hi we are thinking of doing this visa. Are you intending to go out on this visa and then staying in Aus until your 143 is granted. I have looked at the application form and am confused as how to answer some of the questions as we are wanting to go out and stay in Aus till the 143 comes. But the form seems to want evidence that you are returning to UK and we will have handed our notice in. Any info much appreciated

thanks Linda

Guest geordie joe
Hi we are thinking of doing this visa. Are you intending to go out on this visa and then staying in Aus until your 143 is granted. I have looked at the application form and am confused as how to answer some of the questions as we are wanting to go out and stay in Aus till the 143 comes. But the form seems to want evidence that you are returning to UK and we will have handed our notice in. Any info much appreciated

thanks Linda

Hi Linda

Yes that's the plan, obviously we can't be in Oz when the 143 is granted but we plan to fly to Bali for a few days until the visa is confirmed. I will PM you re completion of the form

Joe

Hello all

The "test" reply from immi this morning says they're assessing up to 16 December 2013, it also states in bold type that they do not close for 10 days over Christmas and new year.

It also says that there are 7175 contributory visas for year 2015/6 for onshore and offshore applicants.

Good news or bad?!

Cheers

Steve

Hello all

The "test" reply from immi this morning says they're assessing up to 16 December 2013, it also states in bold type that they do not close for 10 days over Christmas and new year.

It also says that there are 7175 contributory visas for year 2015/6 for onshore and offshore applicants.

Good news or bad?!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thank goodness things are moving along. Wouldn't it be nice if IMMI could at least tell applicants if they are one of the 7175 allocation for year ending 30th June 15? At least we would have an idea if we are going to get our grant before or after 1st July.

Julie

Hi Steve

Thank goodness things are moving along. Wouldn't it be nice if IMMI could at least tell applicants if they are one of the 7175 allocation for year ending 30th June 15? At least we would have an idea if we are going to get our grant before or after 1st July.

Julie

I think I've aged 10 years with all the uncertainty and all the waiting :mad: I'm hoping they're still working on about 22 months and would be ecstatic if they could reduce that date - one can only hope I suppose!

maisie

Hi, I am 63, nearly 64 and wanting to emigrate as my 4 grandchildren are out there with my daughter.

am I eligible for the onshore application do you know? or am I better to go for the offshore contributory parent. I have decided to bite the bullet and pay - having deliberated for too many years.

Does anyone know the difference between a temporary contributory parent and going straight for the permanent one? and if the permanent one is granted am I still free to come and go to UK where my son lives? Can I live 6 months in each country? If the temporary one, what happens after the 2 years is up? do I then need to pay more for a permanent one?

We have applied for a 103 visa which obviously won't be granted for many a year! The issue is that I was hoping to open a bank account to transfer money over whilst the rates are good and to use when we visit but with NAB it seems you can only open an account if you are within 12 months of migrating on a visa of at least 6 months duration. Has anyone opened an account, possibly with another bank? If not we are thinking of getting our son to open an account in his name (we can trust him) any ideas please?

Hi Ruth

We opened an account with Westpac three years ago. I made the preliminary enquiries by email from the UK, went to the office in London to produce identification docs. etc. and have used the account on two holidays since. Last time we visited (April 2015) we opened a savings account at 2% (no worse than in the UK) and have been moving money over since while the going is good - like you, we are on the 103 list but we are now planning to switch to the 143.

Westpac have been helpful throughout. The current account costs 5 dollars a month.

I am sure there are better accounts out there but we are happy with our current situation.

Good luck with everything.

We have applied for a 103 visa which obviously won't be granted for many a year! The issue is that I was hoping to open a bank account to transfer money over whilst the rates are good and to use when we visit but with NAB it seems you can only open an account if you are within 12 months of migrating on a visa of at least 6 months duration. Has anyone opened an account, possibly with another bank? If not we are thinking of getting our son to open an account in his name (we can trust him) any ideas please?

Hello, we were advised summer 2014 by the NAB office in London and with their help we opened up a NAB savings account on line at our designated branch in Greensborough Melbourne. Xmas 2014 , on a family visit we went to the branch and validated our account where we were presented with two current account debit cards. Since that time, in conjunction with Moneycorp we have transferred as the market became favourable our savings ready for our visa application charges. As our account is active it has enabled us to transfer cash to our daughter/sponsor for the first visa application charge. This Xmas when we visit it is intended that we add our daughter/sponsor to the account which will make it straightforward for her to obtain the Assurance of Support and second VAC draft.

At the time of application, all that was stipulated was that the account was activated within 12 months.

Hope this is of use

Geoff & Gill