Calling all ACT PIO'ers!

Guest Squem

Guest Squem

Hey Everyone!

How are you all?

My little thread has become very quiet lately you must all be busy either planning your move to Canberra or enjoying your new life in Canberra :)

I have 6 working days left until I leave my current job wahoooo couldn't be anymore excited! And i have 17 days until I actually leave for Australia! Starting to get a bit nervous but only because i don't actually have a plan and normally i'm always working to a plan haha!

I need to start organising these upcoming meet ups so watch out for a thread this weekend :)

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Emma

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Magnetic6

Wow...exciting times for you squem, i bet your mum and dad can't wait to see you.

Will have a chat before you go!! x

Guest Squem

Yeah Mum and Dad are excited Nat :)

But who wouldnt be... i'm a legend hahahaha joke!!

Yes we must catch up before I leave... i'm meeting up with Sue on Sunday shame you can't make it! x

Guest Squem
Shame your going to miss skyfire happening this weekend in Canberra. I've been told it is just a load of firworks going off around the lake. I'll take some photos so you can see it

Ah i think mum and dad are going to that! It sounds good! I seem to be missing out on a load of events! The family are always at them haha!

Guest Squem
Hi,

We are still at the planning stage, but the house will be up in a few weeks and we are scared witless!!!

Ahhh good luck Seayork x

Guest 101126

You bet squem's mum and dad cannot wait it has been far too long.

As for events we are getting out to loads of them and will be at skyfire this weekend too, any excuse for a picnic on the banks of burley griffith or chance to listen to free music and we are there.

Of late there has been plenty to do, I particularly enjoyed Canberra in the park last weekend at stage88 and loved the two or three hundred flying fox bats flying overhead

hurry up and get here squem, we miss ya

It'll be nice to meet you when you get here Squem. Shame you missed the early start for the Balloon festival we went to wish they'd actually managed to fly but have seen them a couple of mornings since. Not sure if we'll make it to Skyfire as going to a leaving party for Australian friend moving to UK, but have been told Skyfire is real fun.

Guest destinationoz

Hi folks

Life is mad busy here so not getting on PIO much but very excited about our reccie visit in May - I need to start planning real soon - currently managing a house extension/refurb amongst FT work and everything else so Aus taken a back seat but I've got a few questions soon to help with my planning so back in a few days!!

Huge good luck Squem with your wrapping up here and your imminent move ...!

Thanks for pics of Skyfire nick k - I love fireworks!!!!

"Speak soon"

Desty

This is the response I got when I asked about ACT's State Migration Plan recently.

"The SMP is likely to take at least 4-6 months to finalise and once in place, we expect that all our sponsored clients will receive priority processing."

That would mean July at the earliest. Shame they can't do it sooner!

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether its worth front loading medicals and police checks now that its looking good that we'll move to category 2 fairly soon???

Cheers.

Michael.

Guest 101126

In my opinion i would wait until you obtain your SS before getting meds and police check done. Both can be completed fairly quickly once you get the nod and that way you leave your self with time as you will need to emigrate or do a quick visit within a year of the first one being completed

Good luck

But you did not get a picture of the cube. Its the first time I have seen a cube made out of fireworks. Did you see the Vanessa Amorosi concert of were you not at Regatta Point?

I didn't see the concert, I thought they were going to play it on the radio but they only played 1 of her songs. I did see the cubes, they were quite good! I was trying to take photos and hold my son as well, it was a bit hard at times

I didn't see the concert, I thought they were going to play it on the radio but they only played 1 of her songs. I did see the cubes, they were quite good! I was trying to take photos and hold my son as well, it was a bit hard at times

My first time at Skyfire, was a fab night, with the fireworks, didn't see the concert but did see the chopper and plane and red berets aswell as the cube!! Was amazing - such a tragedy about the crash though....

My first time at Skyfire, was a fab night, with the fireworks, didn't see the concert but did see the chopper and plane and red berets aswell as the cube!! Was amazing - such a tragedy about the crash though....

When i was travelling back to queanbeyan i saw the police on canberra ave, not long before the crash

What crash??? what happened???

Bogan no hoper in a stolen car refused to stop at a police RBT checkpoint in Qeanbeyan and so the police chased him along the highway and called off the chase when he ran a red light but the stupid moron kept on going and slammed into a car with a couple and their baby whilst running another red light all killed except the young female passenger in his car. As it happens the families knew each other (moved in the same circles:nah:) and are united in their grief against the police (huh? go figure!) who, they claim, should not have chased him. The bloke who was responsible for it all was a serial car thief who had a history as long as your arm for driving other peoples' cars and was on bail for a similar incident a few months ago. The victims had a similar history as it happened but on this occasion they were simply innocent victims in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe it was a bit of karma, who knows.

http://the-riotact.com/?p=19448

Bogan no hoper in a stolen car refused to stop at a police RBT checkpoint in Qeanbeyan and so the police chased him along the highway and called off the chase when he ran a red light but the stupid moron kept on going and slammed into a car with a couple and their baby whilst running another red light all killed except the young female passenger in his car. As it happens the families knew each other (moved in the same circles:nah:) and are united in their grief against the police (huh? go figure!) who, they claim, should not have chased him. The bloke who was responsible for it all was a serial car thief who had a history as long as your arm for driving other peoples' cars and was on bail for a similar incident a few months ago. The victims had a similar history as it happened but on this occasion they were simply innocent victims in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe it was a bit of karma, who knows.

Four killed in Canberra police chase | The RiotACT

BTW if you

I have been told by someone who knew the parties involved, and they said the guy running from the police, came to see the woman shortly after she gave birth. I have also been told that there was a court order out against the man and woman who were killed in the Mazda 3, that they shouldn't be near each other for some reason.

So to cut a long story short, if one of the adults in either car had obayed the law then no one would have been killed.

I have been told by someone who knew the parties involved, and they said the guy running from the police, came to see the woman shortly after she gave birth. I have also been told that there was a court order out against the man and woman who were killed in the Mazda 3, that they shouldn't be near each other for some reason.

So to cut a long story short, if one of the adults in either car had obayed the law then no one would have been killed.

One hesitates to be judgmental and say that none of them will be any great loss to the community but the courts will have a little less work to do in the future that's for sure!

Guest sabink

well 9 weeks now till our reccie, looking very forward to it

for all those able to meet up for coffee/lunch and a chinwag - thanks again, will be in touch

Archived