WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Hi

Just thought this might be helpful to those waiting.

I called WA this morning to enquire about our SS and the lady said that they were processing mid March applications and that I can expect to wait another 3-4 weeks for mine.I then opened my e-mail to find this::

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has advised that from 1 July 2009 an IELTS score of 6 or above in each band will apply for ALL offshore Skilled Visas. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-faq.pdf

As your application for State sponsorship from the Government of Western Australia will not be processed before 1 July 2009 we require evidence that you have achieved an IELTS score of 6 or above in each band to support your application, or you have applied to DIAC before 1 July 2009.

Please Note: this is not required if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America, Canada or New Zealand. Your application indicates you are not a citizen of one of these countries. If you are in fact, a citizen of one of these countries please forward a copy of your passport biodata page.

If you have lodged an application with DIAC prior to 1 July 2009 please forward a copy of the DIAC acknowledgement email which specifies the visa category.

If you have not lodged an application with DIAC prior to 1 July 2009, you will need to provide an IELTS score of 6 or above in each band to support your application.

If we do not receive either the IELTS test result with a score of at least 6 in each category, or your DIAC acknowledgment email before 6 July 2009, your application will be withdrawn.

Applicants for State Sponsorship for the onshore visa categories (487 and 886) need to respond indicating the visa category they intend applying for.

You may reapply at a later date when you have the required IELTS result. All future State Sponsorship Applications will require an IELTS result.

Regards

Government of Western Australia

State Migration Centre

Small Business Development Corporation

553 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000

phone: +618 9220 0279

or +618 9220 0254

fax: +618 9221 1132

State Migration Centre

Small Business Development Corporation

Hi Thanks for posting this any info always helps.

Right so if we have already lodged our 175 and are waiting for state sponsorship so we can change to 176 and live in the uk this does not apply to us !!!!!!!!!!

Hope so as getting fed up of almost getting there then something else to do !!!!

Emma and Gang

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an electronic calender at work that I can enter events and then it flashes up and reminds me while I dawdle away on my computer. I originally had it set for 12 weeks with a big SS that flashed up, I then changed it to 3 months, I have now decided to set it for 4 months, that way it might not bug me so much! This also coincides with our wedding anniversary so fingers crossed!:goofy:

Mmmm, something tells me you wont need the pop-up calender to remind you where your SS timeline is!! :biglaugh:

Hi

The IELTS requirement is only for those without UK passports (that is us,South Aficans living in UK)

Anybody else hear anything please let us know.

Thanks

They just keep moving them goalposts !! Good luck with this MyLady :smile:

Guest shonz

Well Guys,

Was planning to wait till Friday to phone WA that would have been a week since i had phoned, but couldn t wait, feeling really sick about the whole situation, and i wanted to tell the job interview people that i had my SS tomorrow morning.

Anyay nothing absolutly nothing, she was nice and said they had something like 3 thousand applications to get through in march.... they are still processing the beginning of march and advised that my agent would be informed if it had been APPROVED or DECLINED... well that was me, floored, never really thought of the declined bit seriously until she said it.... i asked why it could be declined and she waffled something i don t even think i was listening...... She advised i e mail them and ask for it to be sent to my e mail address as well as agent.

Shonz xx

Well Guys,

Was planning to wait till Friday to phone WA that would have been a week since i had phoned, but couldn t wait, feeling really sick about the whole situation, and i wanted to tell the job interview people that i had my SS tomorrow morning.

Anyay nothing absolutly nothing, she was nice and said they had something like 3 thousand applications to get through in march.... they are still processing the beginning of march and advised that my agent would be informed if it had been APPROVED or DECLINED... well that was me, floored, never really thought of the declined bit seriously until she said it.... i asked why it could be declined and she waffled something i don t even think i was listening...... She advised i e mail them and ask for it to be sent to my e mail address as well as agent.

Shonz xx

Oh Shona.....

How blooming stressfull for you...I know I am always trying to restore calm & keep peoples spirits up & advice keeping busy during the long wait.....But I was really & truly hoping that your post this morning was gonna be 'the one' :daydreaming:

With regard to 'declined'....So far, really I have only heard that people are declined due to not attatching the correct forms & I suppose you have to have displayed a genuine interest/knowledge of Western Australia in your application form too....Are you confident on those?

As they say though, March is gonna be so busy for them, with the huge influx of applications, its gonna take them quite some time to get through them & I wouldnt be at all suprised to see processing times for us later applicants going up too....Knock on effect... :sad:

Guest beverley

oh how frustrating. Was really thinking about all this yesterday and just how long and drawn out the whole process is. I understand that its a big decision in itself for them and us! but

god by the time we actually get there we will all be crazy winos addicted to prozac!! :eek:

I was speaking to my sister yesterday who is in perth, and i said to her its like i have wished the last 8 months of my life away, like ground hog day you wake up check your emails and then when your realise the one you want to read isnt actually there you just think ok roll on tomorrow!

Guest mcleod275

Chin up Shonz you will get there in the end and oh how sweet it will be. I have not seen anyone post that WA have declined their SS. Only wolkenwalker seems to have had a problem but only because he did not attach his trade recognition. I've only seen people applying to Queensland he refused their SS due to lack of liquid assets but WA do not ask for proof of funds.

You must be getting close to the top of the pile try and forget about I for a few days. Easier said than done I know.

Take care.

Claire xxx

oh how frustrating. Was really thinking about all this yesterday and just how long and drawn out the whole process is. I understand that its a big decision in itself for them and us! but

god by the time we actually get there we will all be crazy winos addicted to prozac!! :eek:

I was speaking to my sister yesterday who is in perth, and i said to her its like i have wished the last 8 months of my life away, like ground hog day you wake up check your emails and then when your realise the one you want to read isnt actually there you just think ok roll on tomorrow!

I know what you are saying about wishinh the days away horrible really but we are all in the same boat so at least we have each other to keep us normalish !

The worst bit for me so far was waiting 10 months for them to change pathway D as this was our only way in !

So really waiting now for sponsorship and visa is not to bad as al least we have a chance of getting visa rather than just waiting for them to decide if they were going to bring something new in !

Still can't believe yhey made us wait 10 months !

I will be jumping round the room shoz when you get yours have bubbly waiting x

Hi Shonz

I keep checking to see if yours has come through, I am so sorry that you havent had it yet but fingers crossed it wont be much longer, your 3rd of March so at least you know your at the start of the month, just sickening to be honest that they dont do them in date order all the time as at least youd know where you stand. Im 23rd March and we were told 3 weeks but at least if we know we are getting the state sponsorship we are nearly there, dont worry about getting turned down as no one seems to be and Im sure you have a good application in. Oh fingers crossed yours is through any day, really want to see that big happy message coming through saying you got it!!!!!

Hi Shonz,

Was hoping to see you with yours what a nightmare we didn't get ours in till May OH keeps saying he bet we won't get it this side of Xmas what a thought so we have decided to go away to Cyprus for a week. Feeling a bit quilty as leaving the girls with gran-parents but OH say's it will do the girls good. Lets hope so LOL fingers crossed for ya

Donna

Slight glimmer of hope regarding WA State Sponsorship -

Had email this morning saying we missed some documents - I rang them straight away and managed to speak to someone in person who actually brought our file up !! When I did the online application I had problems scanning documents so sent them the next day in an email, that was over 3 months ago now - seems the email hadn't been attached to our application but the lady found it and I was assured everthing was OK and she had everything now - she said our applicatioon was now being looked at and we should have some news within 2 weeks so I am releived something positive is happening now - just worried we may be declined now. The worrying never ends !!!

We applied online 17th March so this could be an indication for the rest of you regards where they are with the processing.

Guest yorkshirepud
Well Guys,

Shonz xx

Hi Shonz

Dont worry about being declined - I got the same response the last time that I rang - the lady said our agents would be notified if we had been approved or declined - I too went crazy saying to OH that's it we've been declined - but then low and behold we got it a week later! I reckon its a standard response you know.

I am just waiting to see that we have a Case Officer now on our status page - agents have said 10 days for a case officer and then a decision on visas in 2-3 months - a decision! You see, it never ends...

Really do believe we will all get there in the end though, whenever that might be.

Kerry x

Guest Sebbers

I feel totally deflated today, why is it that other states manage to process in record time and here were are 14 weeks since applying and still no decision. I know their are others who applied before us still waiting to hear so no doubt you'll be feeling pretty much the same as me at the moment. Just can't see light at the end of the tunnel and I really am beginning to wonder if we will ever get there. We've experienced a number of setbacks since starting all this back in 2007 but up to now it's never got to me quite like it has today. I haven't called WA at all and really don't think I can be bothered to be perfectly honest because it seems that each time someone calls they are told something completely different from what's been posted on here previously. Our agent advised at the beginning of the week he's had one approved this week that was submitted the week before ours, yet WA are saying they are still processing early March so does anyone know what the actual state of play is at the moment?

Jen

Totally know how you feel, you get fed up hearing it will be another two weeks from WA, I dunno

just so disappointing and like Beveley said you end up wishing your life away, how true is that.

There is still someone from 3rd March waiting on theirs and the person on 10th March got theirs so fingers crossed you should hear word def very soon, we applied 23rd March and few days ago we were told it would be another 3 weeks so if I was in your shoes I would anticipate 2 weeks,

We applied for 175 last May of last year, your hubby is a brickie I see, didnt make sense to put trades like his and my OH on critical in Jan to take off in March, sure we would have applied in Jan

and have it through by now, my patience is broke and I know how you feel, some days you dont mind it and think ah well wont be long and then others its ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest Sebbers
Totally know how you feel, you get fed up hearing it will be another two weeks from WA, I dunno

just so disappointing and like Beveley said you end up wishing your life away, how true is that.

There is still someone from 3rd March waiting on theirs and the person on 10th March got theirs so fingers crossed you should hear word def very soon, we applied 23rd March and few days ago we were told it would be another 3 weeks so if I was in your shoes I would anticipate 2 weeks,

We applied for 175 last May of last year, your hubby is a brickie I see, didnt make sense to put trades like his and my OH on critical in Jan to take off in March, sure we would have applied in Jan

and have it through by now, my patience is broke and I know how you feel, some days you dont mind it and think ah well wont be long and then others its ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We were caught up with the changes back in Sept 07 when they removed pathway d oh skills assessment was returned and we were told had to re-apply to vetassess. I decided to wait until after xmas before starting with the vetassess stuff, we had hoped he'd make the April assessments but we just missed the deadline and had to wait until July last year for the practical. When oh trade was on the csl I actually thought we were getting somewhere for it to be removed like so many others in March. We had discussed the possiblity of applying for a state sponsorship back in January and decided to stick with the 175 as oh trade was on the csl, just can't help thinking that if we'd have applied then we'd be nearing the end now. I didn't think for one minute that almost a year after doing the practical and 9 months from submitting the visa application that we'd have not progressed any further. Our agent told us at the beginning of the week he'd spoken to WA and that they estimate another 3 weeks but just can't help thinking they are being given the brush off, coz lets face it when we applied we were told 4-6 weeks so how can anybody actually believe what information is being given by WA at the moment.

Jen

Guest lorenza

Can totally agree!

Some days are worse than others but am getting totally sick of just waiting today being one of them!

We seem to have put everything on hold here in regards to jobs, schools and just plans in general- don't want to spend money doing stuff or going on holiday as need to save for Oz....it does definitely feel as though you are wishing your life away just to get going.

Fingers crossed things will pick up as we get into July, I haven't phoned as just keep getting my updates from here but it does feel as though you are left in the dark and I think thats the worst part- not knowing at least if they gave you a specific date to focus on the daily grind wouldn't feel so bad.

Good Luck to everyone!

Totally agree with you, couldnt have said it better!!

OH completed trades ass about 3 years ago now at this stage and we completed all the paperwork

but our 175 wasnt lodged until last May but we were convinced we would be there by xmas at the

very latest, totally agree it was madness putting people on CSL to take them off again 2 months later didnt make sense at all. I have said this before and know it didnt go down too well on this but

honestly if the government here basically told people not to be phoning or emailing as it was taking

time away from them they would get slaughtered for it and I think we have all been out financially

not talk about emotionally enough without it being too much not finding out where we stand.

I told work over a year ago I was planning to leave and all I hear from people is when are yous off but you end up looking like a twit saying still waiting!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your boys are a fantastic age for going there and they will have some unbelievable lifestyle

what a thing for their age group to get permanent residency, well worth it!!

Guest lorenza

We are the same as you guys, submitted 175 when on CSL back in November then taken off in March...and even went as far as filling in the papers for the 176 in January but decided against it and to stick it out and take the risk- BIG MISTAKE- should have stuck with my gut instinct!

I think this is the cruelest part when they took trades off the CSL without warning...without this it would have been a long wait anyway but this is just ridiculous.

Another question aside...now that the DIAC fee's have increased will this apply to those of us who already have the 175 in to transfer over to the 176. I have briefly looked on the website but can't get an answer....probably just being dim though!

To best of my knowledge nope we wont have to pay the extra as all we are doing is swapping our visas for 176 and we have already lodged our visas so nope we will be sound. Think that only applies to anyone who applies now after 1st July.

Guest Sebbers

That's my understanding too as our applications have already been lodged, hope not anyway coz we've spent enough already on what feels like a pipe dream at the moment. I too am fed up of people asking are you still here, or saying I thought you were moving to Oz and having to explain were still waiting after all this time, it just adds to your frustration when you read about others that have only applied this year and seem to be sailing through the process, guess that's what you get for applying to a state that's so popular!

Guest 2pigs3piglets
Slight glimmer of hope regarding WA State Sponsorship -

Had email this morning saying we missed some documents - I rang them straight away and managed to speak to someone in person who actually brought our file up !! When I did the online application I had problems scanning documents so sent them the next day in an email, that was over 3 months ago now - seems the email hadn't been attached to our application but the lady found it and I was assured everthing was OK and she had everything now - she said our applicatioon was now being looked at and we should have some news within 2 weeks so I am releived something positive is happening now - just worried we may be declined now. The worrying never ends !!!

We applied online 17th March so this could be an indication for the rest of you regards where they are with the processing.

:wink: hi there we are the same date as you.....

we phoned them this morning and the really nice lady said that our application was being looked at as well....

we both have the same fears it seem's DECLINED is not the word i want to say out loud lol

but good luck to all like some people have said there is not many from wa that get declined.......

all the best!!!!:wink:

Hello everyone & thankyou all for posting your details...:cute:

Today I have changed the first post I made & you will notice that everyones details are now all on there in date order so each time we have someone new join our thread I will add them & each time we get a Sponsership approval I will change the status....:jiggy:

That way we can all keep track of how long the WA SS are roughly taking to come through 'at a glance'.....Easy peasy!

hi and what a great thread, could you tell me are wa asking for proof of liquid funds and if so how much? we just got refused ss for qld due to not enough funds. we havent sold house yet. thanks

Archived