WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest shonz
Aha...mayby this is their ploy....

keeping us waiting to get us all drinking lots of Aussie wine

OMG.... you guys are absolutly brilliant a real tower of strength.....i ve been sooooo tempted to phone them.... but i m really going to try not to........ My mum has been on today and told me what you guys have been saying.......well actually she s retired and on PIO all the time keeping me updated in all thats happening ... i don t think anybody has a mum so desperate for them to get their SS ha ha ha., she s living my anxieties daily and needs to know how much i love her and appreciate all her support through what has been more stressful than i thought could ever be. Kelly you ve lifted my spirits and yes the aussie wine helps....lol lol. Thanks

Shonz xx:hug::hug:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jacqui J

Was just thinking of you today Shonz, hoping that you'd have some good news.:frown: Fingers crossed for. Surely you're next to get word. Hope you hear something soon.

Jacqui

:hug: to everyone we will get there eventually. And when the going gets tough over there which we know it will at some point we will just have to keep reminding ourselves of this time. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel if we had stayed with the 175 non CSL we could be sat here knowing that we werent even being looked at probably this year. So fingers crossed everyone that there is good news for all you March people next week. Have a great weekend and enjoy the sun.:yes:

Guest lorenza

Hi guys,

Shonz you must be on tenterhooks waiting....you are so close, it has to be next week- my fingers are crossed for you!

Arggghhh! Nothing still for us- 3 months to the day today! Sebbers you are our SS twin so I am keeping an eye out for your threads! Even though I still check everyday I have got over the disappointment of there being no emails that way One day though I will get a nice suprise! Feels better to not get my hopes up every morning for them to be dashed and to be in a foul mood all day!

Good Luck to everyone still waiting...we will get there in the end!!! ( I hope!)

x

OMG.... you guys are absolutly brilliant a real tower of strength.....i ve been sooooo tempted to phone them.... but i m really going to try not to........ My mum has been on today and told me what you guys have been saying.......well actually she s retired and on PIO all the time keeping me updated in all thats happening ... i don t think anybody has a mum so desperate for them to get their SS ha ha ha., she s living my anxieties daily and needs to know how much i love her and appreciate all her support through what has been more stressful than i thought could ever be. Kelly you ve lifted my spirits and yes the aussie wine helps....lol lol. Thanks

Shonz xx

Aww , that is so sweet, your Mum does sound really lovely.........'Hello Shonas Mum' :cute: Its good to have support around you & to feel that people understand what you are going through...

Which is why this thread is really good too, as we are all in the same situation, all be it some at different stages, we all have experienced very similair feelings...

I really appreciate everyone posting on this thread & I know that some just pop in & read our posts, which is great too, I hope it helps them...:yes:

Guest 2pigs3piglets
Anyone have anything nice planned for this weekend?

We are visiting a Zoo for Fathers Day! :cool: Quite 'fitting' really....:laugh:

hi

im cooking b b q chicken, home made chips in a sauspan (carn't beat them) and a side salad....

with a home made cheese cake for pudding....

we are going to a zoo in the holidays its called longleet never been....

has anwon been?

is it any good?

have a nice weekend all and lets hope next week brings some cheers

tanya

Guest shonz
Aww , that is so sweet, your Mum does sound really lovely.........'Hello Shonas Mum' :cute: Its good to have support around you & to feel that people understand what you are going through...

Which is why this thread is really good too, as we are all in the same situation, all be it some at different stages, we all have experienced very similair feelings...

I really appreciate everyone posting on this thread & I know that some just pop in & read our posts, which is great too, I hope it helps them...:yes:

Oh Kelly don t make her head any bigger than it already is she was so tempted to write back to you today and say hi but i ve had her well warned she d be off an running if i gave her the go ahead, she know s more about migration than gollywobbler now lol lol lol. (no really).

I know i should nt have but i phoned WA again this morning (Soz) still processing my application, i actually think my CO is on holiday or off sick or they really don t want me. I got good news this morning and thought i was on a roll thats why i phoned..... i ve got a phone interview for a job on the 26th June... (my wedding anniversary) something else to stress about but good.

Anyway i m getting taken out for a nice meal tomorrow night so looking forward to adult talk and a couple of vino s...ahhhhhhhhh. You have a good week end and enjoy fathers day.

Shonz xx

Guest hazeotoole

Is Longleat the one off the tv, think they do a program on it looks good if it is enjoy, my hubbie working on fathers day so no fun plans for us. :(

I'm not doing much it's my bday on Sunday so a email from diac would have been nice but nevermind! I'll have to make do with nice food and good wine x

Hope everyone has a nice weekend

xxxx

Guest theleeclan
Hi Jen......

I really do sympathise with you....'Limboland' is not a nice place to be in, not being able to make any concrete plans & feeling as though your future is in the hands of others...:eek:

However, what I 'try' and do & have done from the start, is a trick my husband taught me......

He always tells me to look at the worst case scenario!....

Ie: we were told to expect to hear back by at least 3 months, we applied 23/04/09, so that takes us to 23/07/09....

But he will say, lets 'hope' to hear by the end of August.....That way, come July, I wont be expecting it.....

Now believe me, being an optimist & a BIG one for making plans, it hasnt been easy, but im trying.....Although.....Please dont remind me of this come end of July..... :twitcy:

But what im trying to say is that, hard as it is, try your best to keep yourself busy, look at how far you have come, how little time you have left to wait now & before you know it......You will be posting here asking to be my next BRILLIANT BLUE!!! (& I cant wait) ;0)

WELL SAID KELLY!!!! Competely the way we are looking at it too, hoping to hear by the end of August. Dont want to spend everyday feeling disappointed and driving myself mad with all the anticipation.

Ann x

Guest theleeclan

Just spending quality time with the in laws before we leave. My sister in law is cooking sunday lunch for us all and having a couple of glasses of wine, lovely. Kids on teacher training day on Monday so hoping to get out and about then possibly Alnwick castle gardens with a nice picnic, please pray for sun!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend and there is some more good news next week.

Ann x

hi

im cooking b b q chicken, home made chips in a sauspan (carn't beat them) and a side salad....

has anwon been?

is it any good?

tanya

Longleat is Brilliant it really is. Its only about 45 minutes drive from us and we go quite often. Make sure you leave home early as its got lots to pack into one day. Make sure you check out the boats where you can see the sea lions and the gorillas. Its a safari park rather than a zoo so much bigger. Have a great day!

Guest Ranil
Hi guys,

Shonz you must be on tenterhooks waiting....you are so close, it has to be next week- my fingers are crossed for you!

Arggghhh! Nothing still for us- 3 months to the day today! Sebbers you are our SS twin so I am keeping an eye out for your threads! Even though I still check everyday I have got over the disappointment of there being no emails that way One day though I will get a nice suprise! Feels better to not get my hopes up every morning for them to be dashed and to be in a foul mood all day!

Good Luck to everyone still waiting...we will get there in the end!!! ( I hope!)

x

Hi..yes i got WA SS yesterdayb

ay ..it took 4monts .

hi

has anwon been?

is it any good?

tanya

Hello Tanya.....

Sounds like a real lovely home cooked meal, in fact its making me hungry! (Reminds me a little of that Tv programme 'come dine with me'....anyone watch it?)

Hope you have a lovely time, enjoy your chips!:cute:

Longleat is great, we have been a few times....& yes, it is the one that is featured on Tv, presented by the rather posh Ben Fogle! Im sure you will all have a really fab time :yes: http://www.longleat.co.uk/

Oh Kelly don t make her head any bigger than it already is she was so tempted to write back to you today and say hi but i ve had her well warned she d be off an running if i gave her the go ahead, she know s more about migration than gollywobbler now lol lol lol. (no really).

I know i should nt have but i phoned WA again this morning (Soz) still processing my application, i actually think my CO is on holiday or off sick or they really don t want me. I got good news this morning and thought i was on a roll thats why i phoned..... i ve got a phone interview for a job on the 26th June... (my wedding anniversary) something else to stress about but good.

Anyway i m getting taken out for a nice meal tomorrow night so looking forward to adult talk and a couple of vino s...ahhhhhhhhh. You have a good week end and enjoy fathers day.

Shonz xx

Well Shona, you really do have loads of fab things coming up to keep you out of mischief! :tongue:

Hope you have a lovely meal tonight, relax & enjoy yourself (wonder how much time will be spent talking about the emigration....:laugh:)

Hope your Mum has a lovely weekend too ;0)

Well, last Thurs I had 2 lots of good news so was hoping for a third ( poss SS !) but no. I got terrible news. Had a mole removed couple of weeks ago on my arm that was a bit weird. Doctors thought it was nothing to worry about.

Thurs eve got a visit from a nurse telling me I have malignant melanoma. Skin cancer and the one you dont want that can spread into your body !

Thankfully I had the sense to get it checked when I did as they caught it nice and early so all should be ok but could have been very different. I have to have another biopsy done this tues then wait for results to check they got it all out first time.

Have to admit Im terrified :cry:

I dont think I will get refused visa as the nurses said it shouldnt affect meds and they will provide reports etc but pretty sure it will hold things up for us !

So its taken my mind off the SS now !! More worried about being healthy enough to actually go in the first place !!

Dawn :sad:

Well, last Thurs I had 2 lots of good news so was hoping for a third ( poss SS !) but no. I got terrible news. Had a mole removed couple of weeks ago on my arm that was a bit weird. Doctors thought it was nothing to worry about.

Thurs eve got a visit from a nurse telling me I have malignant melanoma. Skin cancer and the one you dont want that can spread into your body !

Thankfully I had the sense to get it checked when I did as they caught it nice and early so all should be ok but could have been very different. I have to have another biopsy done this tues then wait for results to check they got it all out first time.

Have to admit Im terrified

I dont think I will get refused visa as the nurses said it shouldnt affect meds and they will provide reports etc but pretty sure it will hold things up for us !

So its taken my mind off the SS now !! More worried about being healthy enough to actually go in the first place !!

Dawn

Dawn

Sorry to hear your news. I found I had skin cancer last year but fortunately it was only Basal Cell Carcinoma (doesn't spread). I had 3 biopsies altogether so I've now got some lovely scars! I got the all clear from my consultant in February this year. When we did the meds I had to declare it on the form and I had to get my GP to write a letter to confirm that the hospital had discharged me. They also included a copy of the discharge letter.

When we kept checking our visa status on the DIAC website it said that all the family's meds were complete and ok but mine was still outstanding. I think that's because the medical officers at Sydney have a closer look at them if you have declared an illness. Anyway, visa was granted within a week or two after that.

My friend also got skin cancer last year, a couple of episode of Basal Cell and then the dreaded Malignant Melanoma. Happy to report though that it was easily removed, hadn't spread and she too has been discharged from the hospital with the all clear. This is because she caught it early like you have.

It will be fine......we are heading off to the skin cancer capital of the world!! They'll know how to look after us there! :hug:

Mandy xx

Dawn

Sorry to hear your news. I found I had skin cancer last year but fortunately it was only Basal Cell Carcinoma (doesn't spread). I had 3 biopsies altogether so I've now got some lovely scars! I got the all clear from my consultant in February this year. When we did the meds I had to declare it on the form and I had to get my GP to write a letter to confirm that the hospital had discharged me. They also included a copy of the discharge letter.

When we kept checking our visa status on the DIAC website it said that all the family's meds were complete and ok but mine was still outstanding. I think that's because the medical officers at Sydney have a closer look at them if you have declared an illness. Anyway, visa was granted within a week or two after that.

My friend also got skin cancer last year, a couple of episode of Basal Cell and then the dreaded Malignant Melanoma. Happy to report though that it was easily removed, hadn't spread and she too has been discharged from the hospital with the all clear. This is because she caught it early like you have.

It will be fine......we are heading off to the skin cancer capital of the world!! They'll know how to look after us there! :hug:

Mandy xx

Thank you Mandy- thats very helpful to hear. Its just a bit shocking when you first find out ! Im glad you all ok and your friend too. My friend is being treating at moment for basal cell too. He seems to be doing well.

I thought it would prob hold up meds bit like you said , Im going to make sure I get reports for when I go for medicals. And yes at least the Aussies are experts in skin cancer ! :cute:

Guest yorkshirepud

Certainly puts everything in perspective Dawn, sending well wishes to you x

Well so far I've had such an emotional weekend. Told all the family on Friday (finally plucked up courage from Monday) that we have SS. My mum is devasted. She's cancelled the big summer bbq they always have for all our family as she doesnt want everyone saying goodbye to us, she cant handle it. Then I went out with both my sisters last night - had way too many drinks and all of us were crying our eyes out by 9pm. Look a right state this morning. I knew the tears would come, and I expect it to get worse before it gets better. Bit of a wreck at the moment, its such a huge step and we've been so tied up with worrying about actually getting SS etc that the other emotional stuff hadnt really hit home. And now its coming in a big way. Have to say, its crap.

Anyway.... me and OH about to leave for two days away in a nice hotel without the kids - back Tuesday, so I really hope to see more SS on here by then!!

Kerry x

Guest KatyNick

Hi Kerry

Have a lovely few days away - by the sounds of it - you deserve it!!!

Must admit tell the family is always the hardest part. I remember, back in January, when I told my mum (I lost my dad last year). We had just appointed the agent and wanted her to be the first to know. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth - just couldn't start the conversation. I had to get my OH to talk! By the time he had finished the first sentence both my mum and me were in tears. It was really, really hard. I told her that it was the hardest decision I had ever had to make, but it was something I really wanted to do. She apologised for getting upset and that she did, deep down, supported us all. All the family knew that we were seriously thinking about it, so it wasn't really a shock. Must admit we haven't really talked about it since, keep on telling my sister the news and she passes it on. I suppose I'm being a coward, but just don't want to upset her .... suppose I will have to eventually when everything (hopefully) comes through.

Kathryn xx

Guest Sebbers

Well had a lovely weekend away just the two of us, I was hoping to return home to find that we had received the good news we have been hoping for, for so long now and yet again nothing. Like many others on here I'm sure I am getting really p****d off with this now how much longer are we going to have to wait, this situation is ridiculous. Well got that off my chest, perhaps I'll be able to get on with my daily business and forget about it for now, well until tomorrow morning at least.

Jen

Archived