WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest 2pigs3piglets

well guys i gave in to temptation this morning (bearing in mind we have been doing this process since sept 175 and have never phoned them, we wanted to many of time's )

but here goes.

how dissapointed was we when we got told they need a reference number to see our file well i don't know what that is..... lol

so she did say that they have started the 1st week in march .... yaaayy

so hopefully in a couple of weeks they will start to flow in....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well guys i gave in to temptation this morning (bearing in mind we have been doing this process since sept 175 and have never phoned them, we wanted to many of time's )

but here goes.

how dissapointed was we when we got told they need a reference number to see our file well i don't know what that is..... lol

Yeah! I am waiting for Shonz to change to blue and then I will know its acually happening. Fingers crossed for you Shonz:v_SPIN:

Guest beverley

oh good lucky everyone i hope you hear something soon!!

well had an email from agent from case officer and she has requested more information, copy of my new passport, arron's p60 and some details regarding income when he was self employed. they have all our certified accounts so dont know what else to show them as we are talking 2007. Im sure i already sent the new passport back in december along with everything else. But how am i to argue!?

Just waiting for a call back from agent then i need to find a colour photocopier somewhere so i can copy and send all the details off today. And I thought that all this was over with!!

Guest 2pigs3piglets

well godd luck to you beverly and all the best with the colour printer, try up town they usually have them,

Guest hazeotoole

Hi here are our details

Name: Hazeotoole

State Sponsorship Submitted: 03/04/09

Date Approved: Not yet told 12 weeks coming up to 10 now so here's hoping

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi there haze,

welcome to pio and good luck with the process

now the waiting begins..... lol

Guest shonz
oh good lucky everyone i hope you hear something soon!!

well had an email from agent from case officer and she has requested more information, copy of my new passport, arron's p60 and some details regarding income when he was self employed. they have all our certified accounts so dont know what else to show them as we are talking 2007. Im sure i already sent the new passport back in december along with everything else. But how am i to argue!?

Just waiting for a call back from agent then i need to find a colour photocopier somewhere so i can copy and send all the details off today. And I thought that all this was over with!!

Hi Beverley

I know it s a pain in the back end when your asked for more information, but on the bright side how good is it that you have a Case Officer. Others have had their Visas very quickly after allocation of case officer so fingers crossed.

Can i also ask is your visa in your name or Aaron s name... is that why they want his p60...

Sending you lots of positive vibes for your visa... purple s going to suit you...

Shonz xx

Guest yorkshirepud

but here goes.

Well when I rang the first time I was asked for the ref number too (also didnt have it). Second time though she just asked for my surname and was able to update me from that. Must depend on who you get and how helpful they feel.

This is getting ridiculous though. How can they still be on the first week of March?? Nothing has been done for weeks now. We are in our 14th week next week and its nearly mid June - what are they waiting for I wonder??

Totally agree Yorkshire Pudd. This process seems never ending, honestly if it was the UK and you couldnt ring a public government building like what they are doing we would be giving out blue murder and no one would stand for it, its absolutely ridiculous. Think its a disgrace that DIAC never contacted anyone who applied for 175 to tell them that their application hasnt a hope basically if they have a trade and advise anyone to go for 176. Just dunno what the wait is all about anymore

Guest yorkshirepud

I know! I am starting to get the feeling they are waiting for something. May be regarding the visa quota? Who knows...

I honestly am thinking they are going to update the skills in demand list now in July as last time it changed was January and if they take carpenters off it we are completely wasting out time. We seem to be doing this process forever, I mean it was last May when we applied for 175 and still havent got out there, goal posts keep moving just.

Truth is if this was the passport office/bank or any government office we wouldnt stand for it but

we dont have a voice out there, think its desperate the way we cant phone them, after paying out for the priviledge of getting into Oz the least they could do is let us enquire where we stand.

I honestly am thinking they are going to update the skills in demand list now in July as last time it changed was January and if they take carpenters off it we are completely wasting out time. We seem to be doing this process forever, I mean it was last May when we applied for 175 and still havent got out there, goal posts keep moving just.

Truth is if this was the passport office/bank or any government office we wouldnt stand for it but

we dont have a voice out there, think its desperate the way we cant phone them, after paying out for the priviledge of getting into Oz the least they could do is let us enquire where we stand.

No one knows so none of us can be sure but I reckon that the only thing thats going to be different about July 1st is that this is when the new visa quota starts. If you look at it logically the visa department and the state sponsership department are both government departments, its very feasable that if Diac are at the end of the visa entitlement quotas that they ask the SS department to hold off to relieve the pressure.

And I dont buy that our government departments are any different. I work for one so I can tell you they do. Also have you ever tried ringing and sorting something out with the CSA, Tax Office, Tax Credits? Its no different.

Its a flipping pain but there is diddly squat we can do except all have a joint nervous breakdown.:goofy:

Guest psmdwaiting

Name psmdwaiting

Applied On-line for WA SS Dec 3rd 2008

Occupation Telecommunications Linesperson

SS Approved Feb 9th 2009

Visa Granted!! 30th April 2009!!

No one knows so none of us can be sure but I reckon that the only thing thats going to be different about July 1st is that this is when the new visa quota starts. If you look at it logically the visa department and the state sponsership department are both government departments, its very feasable that if Diac are at the end of the visa entitlement quotas that they ask the SS department to hold off to relieve the pressure.

And I dont buy that our government departments are any different. I work for one so I can tell you they do. Also have you ever tried ringing and sorting something out with the CSA, Tax Office, Tax Credits? Its no different.

Its a flipping pain but there is diddly squat we can do except all have a joint nervous breakdown.:goofy:

I work in the public sector for the government and not a hope would we ever get away with sending out emails to the public telling them not to ring or email. You know yourself the normal answer the phone within x amounts of rings etc.

I dunno I just think that due to the economic turndown then WA may def update their skills in demand list as their list is very comprehensive compared to other states.

Hope Im wrong but dunno just think they are up to something:wub:

Guest shonz
I work in the public sector for the government and not a hope would we ever get away with sending out emails to the public telling them not to ring or email. You know yourself the normal answer the phone within x amounts of rings etc.

I dunno I just think that due to the economic turndown then WA may def update their skills in demand list as their list is very comprehensive compared to other states.

Well, I'm fed up... but really trying to stay positive and focus on the stuff i can control.... don't think its good for our mental health to worry and focus on negativity...paranioa can be contageous...ENOUGH i say.

Lets wait and see what happens

Shonz xx

You may be right all I can say is we have only been waiting since September when we put our application in and that is bad enough if you have been waiting since May 2008 you must be having kittens!

What I am trying to say is we just can't speed it up no amount of emails or calls seems to have any effect so it looks like we have no control ( thats why we are all stressed, fate is out of our hands!)

What I say to myself to try and calm myself down is. When we first had a discussion with our agent ( a year ago yesterday!) he told us we were looking at between 6-18 months. That was without knowing about the change in legislation. So as we are now only 12 months into the process I would say our Agent isnt far wrong.

No one predicted the global downturn not even the experts so how were the Australian Government Visa Department? They are protecting there own, its our bad luck that out of the last 10 plus years of boom we chose this flipping year to apply.

Maisie I do understand your frustration I have an 18 year old daughter in Australia I have not seen for over a year and we sold our house six months ago and are living in rented accomodation, all we can do is wait its so painful. Anyway all I can say is fingers crossed we all get the news we are waiting for. Take Care fellow Civil Servant!

I know its soooooooo frustrating, we were told we would be there by last September as we had everything frontloaded but no such luck

I know it will be fantastic for us all to get out there and get settled, just nice to know and plan ahead, cant wait to get the career break form in and get going, righto going for large glass of wine and feet up

good night x

Well, I'm fed up... but really trying to stay positive and focus on the stuff i can control.... don't think its good for our mental health to worry and focus on negativity...paranioa can be contageous...ENOUGH i say.

Lets wait and see what happens

Shonz xx

Hey we are all waiting for you, we know when you turn blue March is starting. So my fingers are crossed for you and your advice is very sound! Well in your line of work I should hope it was!:hug:

Guest beverley
Hi Beverley

I know it s a pain in the back end when your asked for more information, but on the bright side how good is it that you have a Case Officer. Others have had their Visas very quickly after allocation of case officer so fingers crossed.

Can i also ask is your visa in your name or Aaron s name... is that why they want his p60...

Sending you lots of positive vibes for your visa... purple s going to suit you...

Shonz xx

Hiya

Thanks for all the positive words x Yeah visa is in arrons name, its 176 and hes an electrician. He was actually self employed to start with for the first couple of years (well sub contracted work). We provided good references from the two companies he was working for and also his accounts but that wasnt enough for our picky case officer!!! No the p60, isnt enough either (its only this years and they would also need last years) we have had to call the bank and get them to send us statements for the period dec 07 - may 08 and then will have to get his boss to confirm in writing all the earnings he paid him while he was self employed, like a break down the dates with the amounts and then send that off with the statements so the co can cross reference them.

If we had all the documents from the inland revenue it would make life so easy but arron thinking everything was done and dusted burnt all his old paperwork in his parents garden (i know what your all thinking, believe me we have had words about that today, i mean you DONT THROW YOUR INLAND REVENUE DOCUMENTS AWAY DO YOU!!!????)

Im just so annoyed and low, the bank statements can take up to 10 working days to arrive so im twiddling my thums in annoyance as i cant 'do' anything to speed it up.

God i cant wait to be purple :twitcy:

Guest shonz
Hiya

Thanks for all the positive words x Yeah visa is in arrons name, its 176 and hes an electrician. He was actually self employed to start with for the first couple of years (well sub contracted work). We provided good references from the two companies he was working for and also his accounts but that wasnt enough for our picky case officer!!! No the p60, isnt enough either (its only this years and they would also need last years) we have had to call the bank and get them to send us statements for the period dec 07 - may 08 and then will have to get his boss to confirm in writing all the earnings he paid him while he was self employed, like a break down the dates with the amounts and then send that off with the statements so the co can cross reference them.

If we had all the documents from the inland revenue it would make life so easy but arron thinking everything was done and dusted burnt all his old paperwork in his parents garden (i know what your all thinking, believe me we have had words about that today, i mean you DONT THROW YOUR INLAND REVENUE DOCUMENTS AWAY DO YOU!!!????)

Im just so annoyed and low, the bank statements can take up to 10 working days to arrive so im twiddling my thums in annoyance as i cant 'do' anything to speed it up.

God i cant wait to be purple

Oh Beverley, :hug::hug:, here are a couple of big hugs, just when you think it s safe to sigh in relief ,, You have done so well getting to this point and you ll look back , when your on the beach or having a barbie, glass of wine in hand and laugh at all the ups and downs this process has put you through.

Keep your chin up, it will all come together.

Shonz xx

Guest duncanlauren

Name: Lauren Clark

Online application submitted: 09/06/09 for SSV wa

175 applied: May 2009

SS received: Waiting patiently - At least 3 months processing time scale given

Guest Sebbers

Well no double celebration for me today, just checked my emails and nothing. Well going to forget about it now well for the rest of the day at least and go and enjoy my birthday.

James

Guest shonz
Well no double celebration for me today, just checked my emails and nothing. Well going to forget about it now well for the rest of the day at least and go and enjoy my birthday.

James

Happy Birthday James

No Word on my SS either today, but i might just push the boat out and have a glass of vino for your birthday tonight.... any excuse lol lol.

Shonz xx

Guest raagavi75

Hi all Forum members

I would like to apply WA SS but I want to know whether I have to write a expression of interest in both working and residing in WA or without that can i lodge the application Plz whoever applied and got SS or Applied reply my Q.

Thanks

Archived