WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest mcleod275

Shonz - am summing up all my positive powers across to you, can't wait to see you turn blue!! I think I will help you celebrate James' birthday with a glass of wine this evening.

Beverley - hang on in there, at least you are having contact with your CO. We have not heard a peep since his first contact, even though we have now submitted everything!!

To everyone else who is waiting think how much sweeter it will be when we are all stood on the beaches of Perth watching our first sunset. I am sure this has been sent to test how much we want it!!

Claire xx

PS - checked this morning and still no visa for us.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2pigs3piglets
Hi all Forum members

I would like to apply WA SS but I want to know whether I have to write a expression of interest in both working and residing in WA or without that can i lodge the application Plz whoever applied and got SS or Applied reply my Q.

Thanks

hi there im sure when we filled ours out you have to write at least 1000 charactors (not words) on

why you want to live there?

where you want to live?

and what jobs you think will be there when you get there?

do all research on line and dont babble get straight to the point....

good luck

and let us all know how you get on!!!!

Guest 2pigs3piglets

just a quick on shonz,

have you phoned them to see about you app

i know we shouldnt phone but your app has been longer that 3 month!!!!

our agent is phoning for us near the end of the month cos it will be longer than 3 months

please lets hope you turn blue/ purple soon....

Guest Jacqui J

Can you put me on your list? Husband is a coded welder. We applied for WA SS on 27/03/09 and have been told today, that we should hear something in the next 2 weeks (waiting 11 weeks so far). great to know we're not the only ones cracking up.

Guest 2pigs3piglets
Can you put me on your list? Husband is a coded welder. We applied for WA SS on 27/03/09 and have been told today, that we should hear something in the next 2 weeks (waiting 11 weeks so far). great to know we're not the only ones cracking up.

hi and welcome to pio i noticed that this is your first post....:yes:

and good luck on your ss

tanya

Hi Jacqui. Welcome to the none moving queue!:biglaugh: good to have you here.

Actually I have a confession I looked back at the confirmation email and it says that we should expect at least three months from application. That was April 8th so I really shouldnt even be checking my emails till 8th of July!. Ah well off to calm down. Best of luck everyone someone hears something tomorrow !:hug:

Guest Jacqui J

Application seems to be a little different in Ireland. We sent our police clearance in with our first forms and were told not to get meds done 'til advised by agent. Can someone tell me what's involved in the meds? Bloods??? X-Rays??? Anything else??? I'm a bit nervous, don't know what to expect.:unsure:

Guest shonz
Happy Birthday James

No Word on my SS either today, but i might just push the boat out and have a glass of vino for your birthday tonight.... any excuse lol lol.

Shonz xx

Well James, Hope you ve had a very happy birthday and not let those absent E Mails spoil your celebrations, I certainly didn t ... just finished enjoying 3 large Australian Chardonays...

Hopefully i ll wake up to those magic words " we are pleased to inform you "

Shonz xx:jiggy:

Guest yorkshirepud

Nothing for us today, boohoo! Its my birthday on the 23rd - please let there be some good news by then. Have a great weekend everyone.

Kerry

Guest Sebbers
Well not extra Birthday present for me today but next Birthday I won't be waiting for an email from Australia I will be in Australia whoo whoo !

Hope you have a good party James enjoy your time with family and friend x

Emma

Hi Emma happy birthday for today.

Had a wonderful day with the family yesterday and can't wait for the party tonight gonna down a stella or two or three and so on.

No news for us today either so will have to wait and see what next week brings.

Anyone else any news?

James

No news for us either....had a really good feeling today as well, but no. Just the usual rubbish emails !! Still, its my little girls birthday birthday party tomorrow so I shall try and forget it for the weekend and enjoy that !! Lets hope we all get some good news next week :) x

Guest visa-pending

Hi Jacqui,

Who told you that you should hear in the next 2 weeks? just asking as it appears that you applied a day after us and as we have also not heard anything this could be some refreshing news. Seems to be dragging on and on and getting nowhere fast, so heres hoping we do hear within 2 weeks.

Guest Jacqui J
Hi Jacqui,

Who told you that you should hear in the next 2 weeks? just asking as it appears that you applied a day after us and as we have also not heard anything this could be some refreshing news. Seems to be dragging on and on and getting nowhere fast, so heres hoping we do hear within 2 weeks.

Hi,

Spoke to our agent on Thurs. He told us that a few families who applied 2 wks before us have just got word and he's sure we'll hear something in the next 2 wks. We have been dealing with him since Oct 2008 and he hasn't put us wrong yet.

I think you get to a stage that you feel like you can't wait any longer. But hang in there, and look back on when you first decided to go, there's really not that long left!!!!

I keep you updated.

Jacqui:smile:

Guest yorkshirepud
Happy Birthday Kerry

Have a great day! You show Mr Rudd what hes missing! Let hope for a late birthday present!

You a bit premature Mrs C - not until the 23rd - but thanks for the birthday wishes though x:cute:

Guest KatyNick
Hi,

Spoke to our agent on Thurs. He told us that a few families who applied 2 wks before us have just got word and he's sure we'll hear something in the next 2 wks. We have been dealing with him since Oct 2008 and he hasn't put us wrong yet.

I think you get to a stage that you feel like you can't wait any longer. But hang in there, and look back on when you first decided to go, there's really not that long left!!!!

I keep you updated.

Jacqui:smile:

Just curious - who's your agent?? We didn't apply till 21st April so were hoping to hear by middle of July - guess that's a bit hopeful - bet it's more like the end of August!!! Still, as long as we all get there eventually, plus it is giving the Australian economy time to recover and hopefully more jobs available before we all get there :err:

Guest hazeotoole

I emailed our agent last wed and heard nothing since we applied online 3/4/09 we were hoping for a reply end of may as they initialy said 8 weeks looking more like 12+ boo hoo I am so anxious now.

Guest Sebbers
I emailed our agent last wed and heard nothing since we applied online 3/4/09 we were hoping for a reply end of may as they initialy said 8 weeks looking more like 12+ boo hoo I am so anxious now.

We were told to expect 4-6 wks now into our 13th week and haven't heard a thing, have now been told should have an answer by the end of June so hopefully not too long now

Hello All,

Another day and another empty inbox - I wish we would get some news soon!

I havent heard anyone with any news for weeks!

I had another viewing on my house yesterday so i'm crossing my fingers, they seemed quite interested but you never know :)

At least it's sunny here in Cheshire, and I can practice my Barbie Skills later!

Hoping for good new my Bday on 21st June and it's fathers day too! come on give some good news!

Rebecca

Guest shonz

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing................are they all away on winter holidays......hibernating.............

shonz xx

ps ....sorry if you thought when you seen i had posted that it was anything other than a positive post

Guest TheHollies
nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing................are they all away on winter holidays......hibernating.............

shonz xx

ps ....sorry if you thought when you seen i had posted that it was anything other than a positive post

thought we had another grant there shonz to start the week off well, fingers crossed for you for tomorrow

:smile:

Hi shonz

I am waiting for everyone else now as this thread keeps you aware of where everyone is and I just want to see you and others get your sponsorship so we know there will be getting closer to ours !

I have a blackberry so everytime it flashes I get all excited thinking this will be someone with sponsorship or visa !

You are the one of the ones everyone is waiting to see go purple really hope you get it this week !

Emma x

Guest shonz
thought we had another grant there shonz to start the week off well, fingers crossed for you for tomorrow

:smile:

I'm starting to believe this is one big dream.........there never will be a STATE SPONSERSHIP.......losing the willlllllll tooooooo believeeeee

Shonzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:goofy:

Archived