WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest Sebbers
Well, last Thurs I had 2 lots of good news so was hoping for a third ( poss SS !) but no. I got terrible news. Had a mole removed couple of weeks ago on my arm that was a bit weird. Doctors thought it was nothing to worry about.

Thurs eve got a visit from a nurse telling me I have malignant melanoma. Skin cancer and the one you dont want that can spread into your body !

Thankfully I had the sense to get it checked when I did as they caught it nice and early so all should be ok but could have been very different. I have to have another biopsy done this tues then wait for results to check they got it all out first time.

Have to admit Im terrified :cry:

I dont think I will get refused visa as the nurses said it shouldnt affect meds and they will provide reports etc but pretty sure it will hold things up for us !

So its taken my mind off the SS now !! More worried about being healthy enough to actually go in the first place !!

Dawn :sad:

Hi Dawn,

Just trawled my way through all the posts I've missed since Friday and read yours, not sure what to say really other than keep your chin up and we wish you the very best of luck.

Jen

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest raagavi75

Dear All forum members,

I would like to apply WA SS and in the online form and they are asking about the cost of relocation to WA? and estimate the cost of living in WA , provide details .. for these two question i don't have any idea about the relocation cost and cost of living. Any one who applied for WA SS can you share your ideas I will be thankful if anyone give those details for me to fill my application.

Thanks

Raagavi

Guest Sebbers

Well after my last post thought I might just email our agent to find out whether they've checked on the progress of our application and the reply I got was that he'd called WA this morning and they are estimating another 3 weeks before they have a decision. The applications they've received for state sponsorship since the priority processing announcement have just been enormous. For example, in the second week of March they received more applications than they would normally for a month - so workload increased but not staffing levels. It's a similar situation for Queensland too - last year they handled just over 350 state sponsorship applications, this year they're already at close to 2500.

They're processing in date of lodgement order, but within that they're also putting as priority applications where the person is turning 45 real soon, or their visa is soon to expire - so quite under the pump really.

Well looks like we'll be nearing the 4 month mark by the time we have an answer, not good for those people just applying as the waiting seems to be getting longer as the weeks are passing. Well only consolation for me in all this is it gives me more time to lose a few of those extra pounds before doing the meds as I embark on yet another diet today.

Jen

Well, last Thurs I had 2 lots of good news so was hoping for a third ( poss SS !) but no. I got terrible news. Had a mole removed couple of weeks ago on my arm that was a bit weird. Doctors thought it was nothing to worry about.

Thurs eve got a visit from a nurse telling me I have malignant melanoma. Skin cancer and the one you dont want that can spread into your body !

Thankfully I had the sense to get it checked when I did as they caught it nice and early so all should be ok but could have been very different. I have to have another biopsy done this tues then wait for results to check they got it all out first time.

Have to admit Im terrified

I dont think I will get refused visa as the nurses said it shouldnt affect meds and they will provide reports etc but pretty sure it will hold things up for us !

So its taken my mind off the SS now !! More worried about being healthy enough to actually go in the first place !!

Dawn

Oh Dawn, my thoughts are really with you, very best of luck for tommorow...:hug: Thank goodness you did get it so early, alot of people arent so vigilant

& as Mandy says, all was fine for her meds, so dont let that worry you....

Keep strong, we are all thinking of you....Let us know how it all goes :hug:

Guest hazeotoole

I suppose they had no idea that every one would want thier visa quicker and go for state sponsorship, If I EVER get to Perth I am going to make it my business to get a job in the department of State Sponsorship grants, with a little APPROVED stamp and go stamp happy all day :)

I suppose they had no idea that every one would want thier visa quicker and go for state sponsorship, If I EVER get to Perth I am going to make it my business to get a job in the department of State Sponsorship grants, with a little APPROVED stamp and go stamp happy all day :)

:biglaugh: APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :biglaugh:

Would it go something like that? ;0)

Guest hazeotoole

Have to admit Im terrified :cry:

Hey Dawn

I am so sorry you got such bad news, know how it feels waiting for those results, thankfully got the all clear from the hospital this year will keep my fingers crossed for you and say a prayer for you.

Haze

x

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :biglaugh:

Would it go something like that? ;0)

God Kelly I had a heart attack then I thought you had good news then!:biglaugh:

Guest Jacqui J
Dear All forum members,

I would like to apply WA SS and in the online form and they are asking about the cost of relocation to WA? and estimate the cost of living in WA , provide details .. for these two question i don't have any idea about the relocation cost and cost of living. Any one who applied for WA SS can you share your ideas I will be thankful if anyone give those details for me to fill my application.

Thanks

Raagavi

Hi Raagavi,

I put "cost of living WA Australia" into Google and got all the info I needed.

Happy Googling

Jacqui

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi there guys i got this this mornig from our agent......

does any one know what it means...? im on the verge of panic lol

Further to my previous emails, please find attached the latest update from DIAC in regards to processing skilled visas over the next 12 months. The priority processing requirements currently in place will remain in place over the next financial year (1st July 2009 – 30th June 2010). Unfortunately for anyone not on the CSL or state-sponsored this is going to mean increased waiting times as these applications are given priority.

Thank you everyone for your kind messages and support. Im trying to stay positive. Things could have been much much worse. I emailed Gill and she has given me some advice re medicals.

Fingers crossed all will come back clear after tomorrows biopsy and then Im going to ring the panel doctor at Southampton for advice and see what I need to get from consultant to take to medicals.

Thats if the SS ever comes through of course !!! :wink:

Thank you everyone for your kind messages and support. Im trying to stay positive. Things could have been much much worse. I emailed Gill and she has given me some advice re medicals.

Fingers crossed all will come back clear after tomorrows biopsy and then Im going to ring the panel doctor at Southampton for advice and see what I need to get from consultant to take to medicals.

Thats if the SS ever comes through of course !!! :wink:

Thats the spirit, positive thinking :yes: And a good plan too, get organised with everything you may need, good luck again for tommorow

hi there guys i got this this mornig from our agent......

does any one know what it means...? im on the verge of panic lol

Further to my previous emails, please find attached the latest update from DIAC in regards to processing skilled visas over the next 12 months. The priority processing requirements currently in place will remain in place over the next financial year (1st July 2009 – 30th June 2010). Unfortunately for anyone not on the CSL or state-sponsored this is going to mean increased waiting times as these applications are given priority.

Hey, no panic for you, its just what they have been saying from the start....But seems that they are going to be carrying it on for alot longer still.....:dull:

You are on the State Sponsered, so you are given priority :yes:

Guest beverley

Hello everyone!! sorry its been ages since I have posted anything but my head has been spinning for the last 12 days when our case officer requested more information. Think this is sorted now but god knows how long its going to take her to pick up our file again.

Plus we had a viewing about 3-4 weeks ago and she said she really wanted it, put in a good offer, said she is going to rent out hers and live in this so another bonus as no chain so got all my hopes up. Apparently she had a meeting with her financial advisor (shes had about 5 now) to try and sort out this buy to let mortgage. Spoke to estate agent again this morning he said hes rang her 4 times now and so for us to really give up thinking that she is going to buy it. :cry: had everything sorted in my head and now just feel so low. I need to get out to my sister, who is pregnant and baby due 20th sept!!! Maybe i should start saying my prayers or try that cosmic ordering ? Its funny you go from such a high when you get the sponsorship but then once thats out the way you feel exactly the same waiting for the visa and house sale.

Well enough about me, sorry to be on such a downer!

Have been catching up with all the posts today so I believe there is a big congratulations to yorkshirepud, wolken walker, Raider08 and Ranil. Shonz fingers tightly crossed for the interview on 26th June, im sure it will all be fine.

Dawn75.....so sorry to hear your sad news, i can only imagine how scared your are. I have alot of odd moles and had them checked last year i was very lucky that they were ok, but i still felt so nervous leading upto the appointment as i have really abused the sun and sunbeds over the years and am very fair. On a positive note at least they found it and you are getting it treated.

Well guys I have rambled on enough, hope this is a lucky week for all of us, and there will be so much blue and purple being thrown about we wont know what to do with ourselves! :hug:

Guest shonz

Have to admit Im terrified

Hi Dawn

Heres a :hug: to help you get through tomorrow, i m sure all will be well and like you said you ve had it checked out nice and early. Try and get a good sleep, think about SS and take your mind of it ha ha.

Goood Luck

Shonz xx

Guest shonz
Well Shona, you really do have loads of fab things coming up to keep you out of mischief! :tongue:

Hope you have a lovely meal tonight, relax & enjoy yourself (wonder how much time will be spent talking about the emigration....:laugh:)

Hope your Mum has a lovely weekend too ;0)

Hi Kelly,

Had a lovely weekend , meal was amazing (Turkish)..... and yes you know us all too well.. topic of conversation... SS....SS ...SS..... I'm sure my mum had a good weekend... she gets a bit bored PIO gets a bit quiet at the weekend so she then needs to check out suburbs, schools, rentals, and jobs....don t say anything ( a mothers job is never done) ha ha ha. Hope you had a lovely time at the zoo.

Shonz xx

Guest shonz

Oh just in case you might all have been thinking that i m keeping quiet about my SS....

NO WE STILL DON T HAVE IT

16 WEEKS TOMORROW ........

Thank goodness i m not a betting lady. ha ha ha

Shonz xx

Oh just in case you might all have been thinking that i m keeping quiet about my SS....

NO WE STILL DON T HAVE IT

16 WEEKS TOMORROW ........

Thank goodness i m not a betting lady. ha ha ha

Shonz xx

Really really close to 4 months then apparently the new magic number, any day now it really has to be! Glad you had a great weekend, lets hope the Australian ones arent far away.:wink:

Guest beverley

well had an email back from agent today (sent one this morning asking her how long visa would take), she said that even if case officer has my file ready to put the 'visa awarded' stamp in it wont happen until july. Something to do with the new financial year, and they have really wound down there at the moment. So unfortunately there will probably be no visa's awarded for a couple of weeks. :arghh:

At least i know, i suppose. stops me jumping out of bed at 5am every morning and making myself all dizzy. Agent did say though that the extra info we provided was 'spot on' so hopefully there wont be any more problems.

So if you dont hear anything dont panic, hopefully things will start moving really quickly on 1st July!!!!

Guest Sebbers

Well just checked my email yet again and nothing although agent has emailed to say he's just had an application approved that went in about a week before ours so looks like we could be getting that bit closer

Jen

Hi Kelly,

Had a lovely weekend , meal was amazing (Turkish)..... and yes you know us all too well.. topic of conversation... SS....SS ...SS..... I'm sure my mum had a good weekend... she gets a bit bored PIO gets a bit quiet at the weekend so she then needs to check out suburbs, schools, rentals, and jobs....don t say anything ( a mothers job is never done) ha ha ha. Hope you had a lovely time at the zoo.

Shonz xx

So pleased you had an amazing meal & dont worry about chatting about SS/emigration all nite, we are exactly the same! :embarrassed:

Bless your Mum checking out all the areas/schools etc....She really is getting into it, that really does go beyond the call of duty....She deserves a medal

We had a lovely time at the zoo thankyou for asking, it was nice to spend the time with my parents

Im busy booking & planning our next day trips now.....To keep me busy :cute:

Archived